PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 45

Abdula
Fri, 02-01-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't know whats up with DB but the episode is out.

[DB] Naruto Shippuuden 45 (http://dattebayo.com/t/ns045.torrent)

-Edit: So I check DB and here is what I find

Naruto Shippuuden 045+ delayed/cancelled due to... [LOOK INSIDE]

2008/02/01

Subject: [COMPLAIN] Dattebayo team are a bunch of lazy bitches!
Email: nerzhul266@hotmail.com
Suck my cock motherfuckers! I have been waiting for 2 hours now and still no naruto shippuuden 45. So go fuck your mothers lazy bitches.

Here you have it. There will be NO Naruto Shippuuden for a long, long time. We "cock motherfuckers" shall be "fucking our mothers" from now on, and in general enjoying our lives.

Friendly Dattebayo Staff

P.S. The episode is done and ready to release, you just won't see it.

Bunch of douches.

redcat
Fri, 02-01-2008, 01:27 AM
good thing yamato told naruto what happened. i was getting pissed that sakura lied again.

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 02-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Hahaha, serves those sons of bitches right. They have no right to complain about DB who has been doing one hell of a bang up job. Without DB, who else is subbing Naruto at that pace? Even if the translations are a bit sketchy sometimes, they work more than well. The one who sent that bitchin' note should take a chill pill and suck on his mammys titty.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-01-2008, 06:18 AM
. The one who sent that bitchin' note should take a chill pill and suck on his mammys titty.

well, the same goes for DB.

"woooooh some 12 years old flamed me on the internet, woooooo.."

now some kid whose making fun of them will send a mail like that every week...

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:22 AM
As there is a fairly popular thread here about wether or not DB are a bunch of douche bags. I am pretty certain that mail is not the extent of the flaming they have to take for a no good reason at all.

Why should DB have to take being flamed constantly (or for that matter any at all) when they are giving the masses a service? And what do DB get out of this service except more flaming? Talk about being ungreatfull douche bags. I guess I can't blame the people for being bitches who whine, it's all becuase their parents feed them everything they point at and gives in to their pitiful cries when they don't get what they want. And those people aren't 12 years unfortunately, they are just stupid and with a no good upbringing making making them look like 12 year olds.

And everyone seems to think that just because it's on the internet it doesn't matter. Internet is the true face of the society, the face that everyone hides with their mask in the "real world"

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:57 AM
well they don't sub this for people who are ungratefull.
they sub it for the people who are gratefull and therefore they should keep subbing this and ignore everyone else..

if you help someone you like with something and someone you hate will gain from it as well, you would still do it right? because you help your friend and everything else doesn't matter.

animus
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:58 AM
DB has already gained notoriety from subbing Naruto and Bleach. Thus opening the way for their "paid fansub service".

StillAlive
Fri, 02-01-2008, 08:00 AM
[zomg] - Naruto Shippuuden 45 (torrent) (http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4006320/[zomg]_Naruto_Shippuuden_45.4006320.TPB.torrent)

[zomg] - Naruto Shippuuden 45 (direct download) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U293G5QG)

Not the best video quality though.

Edit: Ok, the "direct link" is a link to meagaupload.com but it works (I don't see the problem itadakimasu?). I got it from http://www.zomgsubs.com/. Nevertheless I suggest you download the DB release because the (video-) quality hopefully is better. =)

redcat
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
they prolly just have a problem with getting it out so now they are making ppl think its because of one random tard. and its working. it'll prolly be out sometime today or tomorrow imo.

Inazuma
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Db are douches. What part of that people can't understand.

They are not making these subs out of pure generosity, it's to gain respect in order to have "Clients" paying for other fansubbing works.

Uzumaki
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I find it quite hilarious. Dattebayo are an excellent group of subbers, I've not known another group to release so consitantly but I do think their 'fame' has gone to their heads. This is Naruto we're waiting on, if they don't release it then there will be plenty other groups who will jump at the chance to. Telling thousands of people the episode is ready and is not going to be released because they got a silly email makes them a bit silly too IMO.

Abdula
Fri, 02-01-2008, 01:06 PM
So only one person here actually talked about the episode. Seriously if you want to talk about whether DB are douchebags or not go to the other thread.

Now this episode was straight up boring. Talking talking, yapping yapping. After spending the entire first half of the episode talking, Yamato then realizes that they should hurry because if Oro gets away then he is gone.

So the Kyuubi's chakra is poisoning Sakura isn't that something, yet another ability for the Kyuubi and as I said before it appears that when Naruto uses the Kyuubi's chakra it pushes his out first so now that the Kyuubi has been suppressed and he can't use it's chakra atm, he doesn't have any of his own to use.

Other than that it was a really boring episode they even managed to ruin Kabuto's little body double jutsu.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
That sucks man. Looks like that could have had some good animation. Sucks that I dont have the "strenght" to make a better copy. Nice how Sakara was talking to herself and yet NOTHIN! Someone needs to be nice to DB or something man! Get that shit back!

Abdula
Fri, 02-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Well, you might have noticed the bad quality behind the last 2 videos. (Naruto Shippuuden 45 and Bleach 158)

Naruto Shippuuden 45:
We could not find any raw available for download Saiyaman didn’t have it out and I guess it wasn’t released on any torrent trackers… We know of a Japanese p2p network where we can find them, but we have no clue how to use it. So we had to use a raw we found from veoh and download it using veohTV -.-”

Next time it will be better ^_^. Thanks for all the positive feedback and support!

We are not sure when we will release v2 of these episodes. We are slowly gaining experience and tips from other fansubbers. We will try not to let you down.

They are just a new group going through growing pains, its not like DB was all that spectacular in the beginning anyway.

itadakimasu
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
[zomg] - Naruto Shippuuden 45 (torrent) (http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/4006320/[zomg]_Naruto_Shippuuden_45.4006320.TPB.torrent)

[zomg] - Naruto Shippuuden 45 (direct download) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U293G5QG)

Not the best video quality though.

i wouldn't call that a direct download... i can only see the files title... no link to download it, unless that link is also a link that is going to open up 20 new windows on my computer and give me spyware...

anyhow, i hope zomg release is ok, its funny though if that DB 'flame' is real...

"i've been waiting for 2 hours !" lol what a whiney little kid. and LOL @ whoever said wooooooooo flamed by a 12 year old ^^

Chappy
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:46 PM
working without being paid is really exhausting maybe DB wants LOTS LOTS of money to go on! they're being too harsh to their fans just bcoz they're subbing it for FREE! I'm already tired of DB, YHBT thing, the remove veo.h, u.tube video streaming! OI OI OI OI! ther'ye not the only ones who can sub! tnx to ZOMG they're subs will improve in time!

Jessper
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
the zomg sub and video is terrible for those of you wondering.

the ending scene was kinda silly, imo but whatever just a bridge to them actually doing something.

agree about the episode being boring though~

Chappy
Fri, 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
"i've been waiting for 2 hours !" lol what a whiney little kid. and LOL @ whoever said wooooooooo flamed by a 12 year old ^^

NICE 1! :D

Chappy
Fri, 02-01-2008, 08:03 PM
the zomg sub and video is terrible for those of you wondering.

the ending scene was kinda silly, imo but whatever just a bridge to them actually doing something.

agree about the episode being boring though~

lets just thank them even though it's kinda terrible! they're just starting to sub, beginners lets just support them so they'll improve, hey "[S^M] Naruto Shippuuden 45 RAW.avi" released! someone give me a ASS/SRT Script!! :D

Raven
Fri, 02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
I think it's a fake email, based purely on the fact that the spelling/punctuation is too good for somebody who would be writing something like that. Unless they cleaned it up before posting it.

Uzumaki
Fri, 02-01-2008, 10:23 PM
dattebayo release is out :P

Vash72
Fri, 02-01-2008, 10:27 PM
DB's release:

[DB] Naruto Shippuuden 045 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns045.torrent)

& Espada Fansub's has subbed episode 45 as well if anyone would like an alternative:

[Espada]_Naruto_Shippuuden_045_[8D766F0E].avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=10253)

http://espadasub.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

Vash

Everon
Sat, 02-02-2008, 12:11 AM
The audio seems to break off for the DB version. Did this happen to anyone else?

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 02-02-2008, 12:55 AM
I never thought of DB as douchebags or 'client seeking' subbers before, i mean, they justs ub. I was quite surprised to see that they shut down because of one nagger, which is suspiciously fishy. No matter how good you are, there are always going to be those flaming 12 year olds.

Another thing, does DB announce the exact times of their releases? because the "suspiciously well written" flame said the guy had waited for 2 hours, meaning that he knew the scheduled time of release.

Oh well, there are other subbers out there.

As for the episode itself, either my standards for Naruto have fallen so low or I just sympathize with the whole Naruto liking Sakura thing now that she actually likes him, I actually enjoyed this episode! I'm shocked myself. Oh well, if lower expectations lead me to enjoy watching an ep of shipuuden, I'm all for it. :cool:

Kraco
Sat, 02-02-2008, 04:38 AM
It was somewhat to be expected there would be episodes like this after the somewhat intense battle of the previous eps. It even makes sense. It's not like Oro would let himself be caught that easily. Even Akatsuki hasn't managed to find him, and we know in anime villains always miraculously find whatever they are looking for while the heroes must spend ages gathering clues piece by piece.

Other than that I have to agree that Yamato's speech about the importance of not tarrying was funny when all they did was stand still and talk while Oro was escaping fast. I guess the dude relies on the wood clone heavily. But still one would think it would pay off to catch Oro before he reaches the hide-out. It could be a little hard to dig him up from there with just the three of them. And considering Oro's past habits, I've no doubt he would switch locations if they just followed him there and then went back to Konoha for reinforcements.

Assertn
Sat, 02-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Other than that I have to agree that Yamato's speech about the importance of not tarrying was funny when all they did was stand still and talk while Oro was escaping fast. I guess the dude relies on the wood clone heavily. But still one would think it would pay off to catch Oro before he reaches the hide-out. It could be a little hard to dig him up from there with just the three of them. And considering Oro's past habits, I've no doubt he would switch locations if they just followed him there and then went back to Konoha for reinforcements.
Their goal isn't to catch Oro though. In fact I'm sure they would've preferred to have avoided him in the first place. It's more advantageous for them to let Oro retreat to his hideout because that's where Sasuke will be.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Speaking of the Wood Clone, is it me or is that thing way more competent than other clones?

Kraco
Sat, 02-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Their goal isn't to catch Oro though. In fact I'm sure they would've preferred to have avoided him in the first place. It's more advantageous for them to let Oro retreat to his hideout because that's where Sasuke will be.

Yeah, but knowing where Sasuke once was is nothing new to them. Since Oro already knows he's being followed, or was being followed, it's logical he won't stay in his current hole. And then the Konoha dudes will be back in square zero.

Unless Oro really wants to have Naruto and Sasuke fight each other, in which case he might leave Sasuke behind just for that purpose (like the very beginning of Shippuuden might have suggested).

Jeff_from_MD
Sat, 02-02-2008, 03:40 PM
well, the same goes for DB.

"woooooh some 12 years old flamed me on the internet, woooooo.."

now some kid whose making fun of them will send a mail like that every week...

uh dur, they probably already do. DB simply wants to limit that occurrence to the morons who are either stupid enough to use their real email address, or losers who have nothing to do but create a new email address to avoid DB's spam feedback.

KrayZ33
Sat, 02-02-2008, 03:56 PM
it has quiete the opposite effect.. now that they are even mentioned by DB themselves they will do it more often in order to get an appearance again...

well i bet it was because they had some problems with the RAW's of this episode... the quality really sucks this time.

to the content:
well actually it wasn't "that" boring, however it wasn't worth waiting a whole week. btw did they just made a flashback for a scene which happened like 2 mins before?
(the part when yamato said that he isn't like kakashi)

to the woodclone: could it be that he is somehow "living" on its own?
as far as i m informed kage-bushin and normal bushins are connected mentally with the original am i right? however this woodclone has to communicate with a headset and has a much bigger range than the water-clones from zabuza or naruto's kage-bushin.

Xyches
Sat, 02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
The audio seems to break off for the DB version. Did this happen to anyone else?

I'm having the same issue anyone else?

Is there a fix?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-02-2008, 09:01 PM
It does seem that the wood clone is more independent. Not only does it have to use a radio for communication, but it thinks on it's own too. What makes me wonder is if he really knew that the corpse was fake, then why did he bother taking it down? And yes, DB did have a shitty raw this time, though it's probably not their fault.

dragonrage
Sat, 02-02-2008, 11:25 PM
yamato is said to be a master tracker and well has the dna of the first and can perform a bunch of his techniques. So i am guessing that its safe to let this slide... Also the clone didn't appear outa thin air like water clones or shadown clone it came directly from his body. That might be something to look at remember he is the result of an experiment.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 12:14 AM
There is nothing special about Yamato's clone other than its made out of wood. I think you guys are making too much of this because the clones you're normally used to seeing are Naruto's and since Naruto is an idiot his clones are too.

ias far as i m informed kage-bushin and normal bushins are connected mentally with the original am i right? however this woodclone has to communicate with a headset and has a much bigger range than the water-clones from zabuza or naruto's kage-bushin.

It does seem that the wood clone is more independent. Not only does it have to use a radio for communication, but it thinks on it's own too.

I've never heard about Kage bushins having any mental connection with the original. When Kakashi fought Itachi his clone purposely got hit with Itachi's genjutsu for that very reason.

Clones are a complete copy of the original despite whatever they are made from, the only thing here is that normally we have only seen clones being used in close range battles.

As far as I know the only clones that don't think on their own are water clones.

Anyway Naruto is an idiot so you can't judge what clones can or can't do based on what he does. He was never properly taught the technique he just saw some hand signs in a book and this is Naruto we're talking about even if he was taught it properly that doesn't mean he would be able to use it properly.

-I remember it being said that the primary use of shadow clones was for reconnaissance so it would make sense that clones would be able to be used that way and Yamato did say that that was his specialty. Like I said from the very beginning Naruto isn't able to utilize clones properly though he has made some improvements.

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-03-2008, 06:43 AM
well but if they aren't mentally connected normally then i wonder why yamato had to give commands to his woodclone but when kakashi or naruto use kagebushin, then they do everything naturally, like attacking from 3 different sides or saying everything at the exact same time like the original or even use rasengan without a word like its naturally... the woodclone however waited for commands.

edit: i always thought that this wood style jutsu creates life.. so probably that clone can really live on its own

Janusz
Sun, 02-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Speaking of the Wood Clone, is it me or is that thing way more competent than other clones?

Well, we haven't seen it in battle yet. Maybe it's really weak, we don't know. It does seem to be more competent as far as everything else is concerned, I'll give you that.

I've never heard about Kage bushins having any mental connection with the original. When Kakashi fought Itachi his clone purposely got hit with Itachi's genjutsu for that very reason.

Clones are a complete copy of the original despite whatever they are made from, the only thing here is that normally we have only seen clones being used in close range battles.

If that would be true Kakashi's clone would have done the sensible thing and not get hit by Itachi. The fact that he did got caught up in the genjutsu to distract Itachi obviously means he has some kind of connection and wasn't operating solo, like Yamato's wood clone is doing now.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh man, I really wish I didn't have to explain every little detail. Anyway up until the moment the clone is created it has all the thoughts and therefore the plans and intentions of the original.

After the clones are created then they are a complete copy of the original so not only do they know what the originals thoughts were but they are in fact the same person thusly they would use the same fighting style, plans, techniques etc and clones are aware of the fact that they clones okay.

If you remember, Naruto gave his clones orders as well, they have even gone as far as huddling up and creating a plan with him after they were created and like I said before that has to do with the fact that Naruto has never been taught how to properly use the technique.

edit: i always thought that this wood style jutsu creates life.. so probably that clone can really live on its own

The life span of any clone lasts only as long as they have chakra. So technically any clone could live on its own up until the moment it runs out of chakra.

Uzumaki
Sun, 02-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I thought Naruto was taught how to use the clone technique, remember all the school flashbacks of him screwing up? He must have obviously got the hang of it seeing as he can now use his massive chakra supply to create hundreds at a time. Also another thought: When he made clones that time he needed a dump real bad they all faught for the bathroom so they really do have their own minds :D

Chiodos
Sun, 02-03-2008, 04:18 PM
The staring was akward in the beginning of the episode and the flashback reminded me how good Naruto used to be.. <3!

Seeing The Third all red made him look very evil, lol ^^!
It also look like they put all the hardwork animation in those flames....
And I went very "eeew" with a sweaty Naruto. Now that's nasty!

Anything in this episode that asociated with Yamato or TREES were well animated wich is fine for being a talk-talk/buildup episode but I just wished that they atleast could bring a spoon of that in the action scenes....
And don't really know what it is but Yamato just gain more respect points. It feels so girly writing this, really.

Even if your worried about someone/something don't position like Naruto did. That's just even WAY more awkard.. (13:33)

Overall, decent episode to waste time on while downloading 30 Seconds To Mars, the fake Sai body was a nice trap and felt ninjaish and the part were they were running on the water felt also nice but maybe I'm just to sold out on trivial things WHEN ALMOST NOTHING REALLY HAPPENED........

Jeff_from_MD
Sun, 02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
it has quiete the opposite effect.. now that they are even mentioned by DB themselves they will do it more often in order to get an appearance again....

hmm. well, maybe if such future flames are fanned by attention seekers who aren't 100% genuinely pissed, then DB can spot those a mile away just by how amusing they sound, and thus ignore them?

And nah, I'm not a paid rep for DB. Although I wouldn't mind the compensation..

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 02-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Enjoyed this ep, 'specially the end. I was like "YEAH Naruto! In yo face! You got OWNED b*atch!"
But for real, can't wait for the next ep.
The flashback, biiiiig mistake. I was like "wtf?!".

And about DB, dudes, even I'm getting tired of the recycled rerun crap displayed here. And I even got bad-repped for CREATING the darn thread about them! (Sorry bout the caps).

DayoftheDante
Mon, 02-04-2008, 01:00 AM
That was damn cool of Yamato to tell Naruto the truth, usually in situations like these in both film or anime I expect that the story will advance with no one telling the character that kind of thing-they eventually learn on their own. But not this time. Smart move, since it'll make Naruto think before he goes 4 tails with the knowledge that he'll fire indiscriminately at friend and foe alike.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-04-2008, 03:10 AM
I think the wood clone might be cooler because the wood is imbued with life via the wood element jutsu. I'm interested to see if the thing can actually survive a hit unlike all the other clone types.

Vash72
Mon, 02-04-2008, 05:46 AM
I agree with pretty much everything said about the flashbacking; that really threw me. The shows creators seem unsure as to whether Naruto viewers can retain information from 5 minutes ago… That said I was pleasantly surprised with Yamato’s speech. It further differentiates him from Kakashi’s almost guardian-like role and makes sense. Naruto & Sakura can’t expect to always work with such compensating ninja.

Really didn’t expect Yamato to reveal the truth to Naruto though. I wonder if Naruto will be conflicted in drawing on the chakra of the Nine-tails in up-coming battles. Hopefully we don’t get too much of the “I can’t use my power or I’ll hurt the ones I care about” syndrome.

Vash72

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Hopefully we don’t get too much of the “I can’t use my power or I’ll hurt the ones I care about” syndrome.Actually, I hope that is what happens because Naruto's been using the demon fox cloak for everything lately. And now the only time its interesting is when he grows a new tail.

I really want him to have learned something NEW during the skip. I hope to god he did. I'm gonna be pissed if he really only learned how to make bigger Rasengans and how to dispel genjutsu.

Abdula
Mon, 02-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Well I'm just hoping he becomes like other ninjas and learns to rely on his own strength instead of being completely dependent on the Kyuubi for everything. I mean Naruto is supposed to have a very high chakra capacity I would hope that someone could train him to improve himself instead of just being Kyuubi, Kyuubi, Kyuubi, then I might have a little respect for him.

KrayZ33
Tue, 02-05-2008, 06:13 PM
well its not a problem to rely on the kyuubi but all his jutsus are fucking lame...
i wouldn't mind him using kagebushin when he gets to the fourth tail though --> mass wolf attack!

its also a shame that there are so few weapon users in the naruto-universum... we need more zabuzas, more demon brothers, more "that ill guy with the sword and his unique technique" even if they don't use it often it would be so much cooler if they just wear that sword on their backs ^^

the current fights are really lame its to much ranged combat, its always jutsu 1 vs jutsu 2... i really miss fights like when sasuke went to orochimaru and fought against naruto.

there have been so many nice fights but not enough, naruto has about 300(?) episodes but only, like..... 10 fights which were actually fluent and involved more than just 1 killer jutsu. :(

oro vs hokage (except the part with this soul-sealing that was boring again),sasuke vs oro (oh my gawd that was the best), sasuke vs naruto, gaara vs lee, lee vs this bone-freak, sasori vs sakura + oldwoman and then it starts to get difficult to name good fights, there has been small ones like vs the demonbrothers or this "unlucky" guy but they were really short... even the sanin fight was actually boring.. i have a feeling that fights between "ultra ninjas" are actually the most boring ones, it feels like watching a world war 2 movie, artillery rounds smashing on the ground everywhere you look......and there i thought that beeing a ninja means that you are sneaky and have some smooth moves to overpower the enemy :(.

i don't understand it at all, naruto just got a little smarter (which isn't difficult), i wished him to learn how to handle new weapon (a sword for example) like sasuke did (as we can see in the first shippudden episode), it was so cool when he took that sword out of the sheath

a fight between 2 sword users would be so great.... jesus...
can someone sum up narutos techniques?

its just (taju) kage-bushin and rasengan am i right? i can't remember him using anything else in about 5 years (!!!!!!) what the hell?
i think watching naruto is more a habit than a pleasure.

this has nearly nothing to do with episode 45 but i feel better now..thanks and sry

Abdula
Tue, 02-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Well even Kabuto said that Naruto vs Oro was a battle of two monsters rather than two ninjas. As for the rest of your complaints just keep watching it gets much better.;)

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
its also a shame that there are so few weapon users in the naruto-universum... we need more zabuzas, more demon brothers, more "that ill guy with the sword and his unique technique" even if they don't use it often it would be so much cooler if they just wear that sword on their backs ^^I couldn't agree more. Half of what makes ninjas so cool is crazyass weapons.

It's especially frustrating because most of the covers for the Naruto manga volumes show the characters wielding awsome weapons but they never do it in the manga.

Kraco
Wed, 02-06-2008, 02:43 AM
and there i thought that beeing a ninja means that you are sneaky and have some smooth moves to overpower the enemy :(.

I actually agree with pretty much everything you said, but I feel the need to note here that being a ninja actually means completing your mission by any means necessary. Samurai and other honourable people followed a code of conduct, at least on the surface and ideally, but ninja were tools to do the dirty work.

But I seriously doubt there has been a Naruto viewer (or reader) who didn't hope they would use fricking swords. A man with a sword always overpowers an empty handed man statistically so it would make bloody sense to have one, even if it's just a short one for easy carrying.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 02-06-2008, 04:05 AM
But I seriously doubt there has been a Naruto viewer (or reader) who didn't hope they would use fricking swords. A man with a sword always overpowers an empty handed man statistically so it would make bloody sense to have one, even if it's just a short one for easy carrying.

I guess in a world where your opponent can instantly swap his body with another object, stop blades with wind and water or reattach his decapitated body with snakes, a sword is pretty much useless. There is also the need to hit the enemy without trapping/exposing yourself in that motion, a sword that is swung or stabbed commits your body and takes a slightly longer time to retract than a smaller blade. So using the kunai would make sense, its a quick hit and withdrawal and easy to hide, whereas a sword can easily get stuck or stopped, then the user would be screwed (i.e Hayate)

I think you gotta be a pretty high level in Naruto to even consider using a sword (i.e Zabuza and mist swordsmen), otherwise it doesn't make sense to issue them to standard ninja.

Kraco
Wed, 02-06-2008, 04:56 AM
Normal people in Naruto don't have such immortality techniques like Oro. And no decent fighter in the series has ever been defeated with kunai, no matter how many were thrown. They are pretty much useless for direct fighting. They seem pretty nice for carrying exploding tags, though.

And I'm not saying a sword would be any universal winner method but it would be highly suitable for fighting someone you otherwise would fight in empty handed melee (taijutsu). Nor is a sword glued into your hand. It doesn't give any disadvantages in that sense. You can even throw it into your opponents face to momentarily confuse him. However, when somebody attacks you empty handed and you have a sword in your hand, it gives two definite advantages: Reach and cutting damage (bleeding will weaken the opponent). Plus it's of course intimidating.

But when fighting some of the monsters in the Naruto world, a simple sword surely isn't enough. But of course a sword doesn't need to be a simple one. There could be any number of chakra based techniques used to enhance its abilities.

KrayZ33
Wed, 02-06-2008, 05:17 AM
I guess in a world where your opponent can instantly swap his body with another object, stop blades with wind and water or reattach his decapitated body with snakes, a sword is pretty much useless.

Lee doesn't look weak to me and he has basically no chakra control. so if tai-jutsu isn't useless, then a sword-user can't be that bad.

so imagine a swordsman with chakra control but speed like lee has, in addition you can't block a sword with your fists
maybe you watched fate/stay night or remember the fictional story about that swordsman in that series... if there are techniques like that there shouldn't be a problem.
oro himself uses swords very often too. its simply not fair to mention for example son-goku with his unrealistic techniques and compare him to a swordman in the real world.
a swordsman in naruto could have some awesome skills too.

btw nearly all anbu members carry a sword am i right?
he? heeee?
its simply a SHAME!

i remember that the hokage used a staff when he fought oro (that ape-summoning-thingy)

Yukimura
Wed, 02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah, all Anbu seem to carry the short ninja sword (the name escapes me and the wikipedia quick search bar is so far away) as part of their uniforms (exception: hokage's guards at chuunin exams, but that's understandable). IIRC Itachi was shown holding his sword with his dead parents at his feet, but other than that I don't remember seeing any other ANBU actually use the sword.

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 02-06-2008, 07:26 PM
It's funny, cause actually how it's portraited, it shows that ninja's are all about swords. Every movie you've seen, every game you've played, all the ninja's had swords in it. Ok, it's cool to see not just the cliche sword in Naruto but that doesn't mean they have to cut it out entirely. And it's indeed cool to see Sasuke with a sword.

@ DeathscytheVII: In martial arts you get taught to use your sword as an extension of your body, it being part of you. So naturally the movements you learn are just as quick and maybe even more practical then just your bare fists. Sure it takes practice but I think a true swordsmaster is just as deadly. Offcourse I'm not talking about any FF or Zabuza and Hayate swords but the original Chokuto sword used by the actual Shinobi should do the trick.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Well, if it makes you guys feel any better, it looks like Sasuke uses a sword now.

I think the primary reason you don't see more swords or weapons in general in Naruto is because: Hands < Weapons < Ninja magic.

And you can't form hand seals for spells with weapons in your hands.

Kraco
Thu, 02-07-2008, 03:12 AM
The hand seals are disruptive in any case (you can't hit with your fists either when performing those little theatrics), so it doesn't actually explain the lack of weapons. But otherwise you might be right.

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-07-2008, 03:51 AM
the normal ninja sword is only like 2 or 3 times longer than a kunai

it probably only goes from your upper chest down to your waiste so preforming some easy seals like that from kage bushin won't be a problem... the sword is called Wakizashi and is like 40 cm long, nearly everyone has in mind that they use long swords like a ultra-sized katana [which weren't that big after all] because of hollywood,but in fact they used weapons like a sickle on a rope, staffs and really short swords (like the wakizashi because in a small room a longsword is practically useless)
to preform complex nin-jutsu u need time anyways so it shouldn't be a problem to put the sword into the ground or sheath

when i saw the first 20 episodes of naruto everything seemed perfect.
there were ninjas who used poison, many many weapons (which didn't appear again later)

ninjas were famous for creaiting and inventing new weapons and poisons thats why they were so incalculably. the demonbrothers were the only ones together with sasori who even used poisons, haku had these nice needle-like weapons zabuza this amazing long sword (which wasn realistic but cool :P) sasuke showed us the shuriken for the first time when he fought agains kakashi (they even introduced this weapon perfectly, a shuriken was very small so it is impossible to spot it when you find an "opening"[as they call it] because of the hole in the middle it makes a sound to irritate the enemy so it is a perfect weapon when you are hidden and later in naruto they even used the shurikan in melee which is also correct) naruto used the kunai and then later this amazing big throw-thingy (sry totally forgot the name) when sasuke and naruto fought zabuza together. but shortly after the sound four (one of them used a bow, thats was so cool!!!) everything stopped.

after seeing all this i excepted a Dao or Jin (is it spelled correctly?) and with Ten-Ten i thought my exception would be fulfilled but well... she isn't shown often

only the movies and fillers (!) showed new weapons , for example Lee used a staff (which was a very common weapon for a ninja) but what happened? all i see now are shuriken and kunais which are not even used properly... they are simply useless

it's like someone else writes the story now, its simply not the same naruto
at first nin-jutsu was used to show that ninjas have inhuman strength or speed, that they have some mysterious power and now it goes in the direction of DBZ
but they don't have to, martial artisst are able to do like 100 strikes in a minute each could be a fatal blow (to me that is amazing enough, i would even call this madness if you are able to do it).. so there is no need to show us the rasengan that often

do you know "fight science" (it is a show in america i think), after seeing this and the first 50 episodes of naruto i excepted so much..
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=hmLTr9zFegQ for example (im not sure if it was in this episode but they even compared chinese short-blades which staffs or longswords or ninjas with elite soldiers..it was pretty cool.. they showed every strength and weakness the series in german was called "galileo mystery" but i think they got everything from "fight science" because it looked fairly similiar.

edit: btw i m not talking about realism here, its just that a great fight like gaara vs lee, which involved weaponry, nin jutsu and great tai-jutsu is to rare.. in shippudden there is for example only the fight with sasori so far which is similiar to the "old style naruto".
most of the time its just ultimate 1 vs ultimate 2 and other aspects like gen-jutsu or taijutsu and weaponry seem forgotten. i m totally aware that naruto isn't a movie based on a true story so i don't mind unrealistic scenes lol :)
but simply watch the openings of naruto... the openings have BY FAR the best fighting scenes in it.. you can cleary see a combination of jutsu and martial arts there which is lacking in the actual anime

what happened to episodes like 30 or 49? (especially 30 i think this was the best episode in the whole anime)

in episode 45 something however gave me hope again.. it was when yamato catched sakura before she could hit the ground... the movement of sakura when she jumped from tree to tree (with naruto choosing a different direction in the background) and yamato sliding to reduce his speed is what i want to see in fights... a combination of good moves ,ninjutsu and maybe even weaponry (like during the chuunin exam)

Assertn
Thu, 02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
People are saying that they liked the Sasori fight, but all the other fights sucked? There were only like, 3 real fights so far in Shippuuden, and Sasori's was definitely the longest of the three....

Personally, I enjoyed the Deidara vs Gaara, Team Gai vs Kisame, and Kyubi Naruto vs Oro matches.

the_small_guy
Thu, 02-07-2008, 02:25 PM
tbh i wasnt really keen on the sasori fight untill the 100 puppets vs 10 puppets bit.
thought it was all a bit drawn out.

deiadara vs garaa has been the best so far, well least untill the kyubi vs oro one, but that didnt really have much movement or tactics...more just immense brute force

Sapphire
Thu, 02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Are we ever going to get a fight that is like episode 133 of Naruto... again?

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
People are saying that they liked the Sasori fight, but all the other fights sucked? There were only like, 3 real fights so far in Shippuuden, and Sasori's was definitely the longest of the three....

Personally, I enjoyed the Deidara vs Gaara, Team Gai vs Kisame, and Kyubi Naruto vs Oro matches.

well the whole sasori fight wasn't that good but episode 26 was..

to the gaara vs deidaa it wasn't that good.. the part i like in it is when deidara is flying through the town on his bird, trying to escape the sand

it looks cool when that hawk is stopping like 1 meter above the ground with that big swing of its wings. the rest isn't really good because it is animated very poorly even though deidara can make this up because his "KAZU" screaming (when he is concentrates and use his cley-bombs) sounds very cool

its not like naruto shippudden doesn't have its moments, but it is slowly mutating to another dragon ball Z or one piece...