PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Rambo

Genma
Thu, 01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Saw this... last Friday, I believe, and after being thoroughly disappointed by Cloverfield (which I had low expectations to begin with), I figured this movie would probably suck. I mean, I fell asleep during the newest Rocky... so I thought this wouldn't be much different.

But I was wrong.

Lots of blood, lots of violence, lots of blown apart limbs. There was even comedy gold when Sylvester Stalone was like, mumbling something incoherent as he tends to do, and the whole theater burst out laughing. Best movie I've seen in the new year, that's fo sho.

Munsu
Thu, 01-31-2008, 02:02 PM
When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing... going to watch it in 4 hours, this shit is going to be great. I just rewatched the first 3 movies 2 days ago to get into Rambo shape.

Raven
Sun, 02-24-2008, 06:22 AM
Saw it today. Nice action, gotta love limbs flying around everywhere and heads exploding from sniper fire. Good stuff, entertaining. What the hell was with the dance the strippers were doing?

Oh, and that's gotta be highest body count ever. Unless Rambo 2 or 3 had more, I haven't seen them.

Assassin
Sun, 02-24-2008, 07:59 PM
man just saw it rite now, and this movie did not disappoint. It was 2 fucking hours of mayhem, and it was great. Definitely a great popcorn flick, or something to watch with the guys.

Munsu
Sun, 02-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Shit, I forgot to comment on this... nothing to say, but this shit was great and fucked up.

With John Rambo returning to the United States, I would be really interested if they did another movie... but this one taking place in the US itself; just like the first movie.

LaZie
Mon, 02-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Just saw it and boy did it end fast. I thought I was just halfway in, but then it just ended! Great movie.

Kraco
Mon, 02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Just got back from the theater. A great movie, as far as pure action movies go. No corners cut and no unnecessary extras that would divert from what it was. In recent years there have been these movies where the effects of weapons are shown as they really are, more or less, and I think those are even educational to see in this world so filled with toned down video game violence.

Not a great commercial for Burma, though...

Board of Command
Mon, 02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
The greatest gun fight scene in the history of cinema.

Assassin
Mon, 02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
haha definately....it was like 10 min of pure carnage. whenever im feeling upset or hyper im just gonna watch that scene and it'll make me feel better.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Seen this movie twice in theaters, I absolutely love it. The army was merciless, and unless you've seen this movie, or witnessed, participated in, or were the victim of an actual army being mean, you don't know what merciless is. Rambo himself was just friggen awesome. He spoke little, as a man of his stature should have the option of doing, and killed lots. The entire theater was cheering throughout the movie too, both times. I'm almost in tears at how good this was.

Lucifus
Sat, 03-08-2008, 01:46 AM
That was sick. Far exceeded my expectations; so much pure f*cking carnage it was sick.

That singular scene of madness was so pro.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-22-2008, 05:27 PM
watched it last weekend with the guys from the army, twice.
he shot them with 0.5 from 2 meters. he tore out someone's throat with his bare hands, the stabbed the guy to death repeatdly with the knife.

la la la la, rivers of blood. lu lu lu lu, genocide.

a masterpiece for one-man action movies, and even the supporting cast got a chance to kill with style.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 03-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Crap story and wooden acting. I am a big Rambo fan, and I am seriously dissapointed with Rambo 4. The only redeeming feature somewhat is the violence, which was good. But otherwise the movie was awful.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-22-2008, 07:09 PM
it's a killing frenzy movie, not a political drama.
all it needs is violence, and maybe sparks of humor.
and it had plenty of violence, and even the pacifist guy got a chance to kill.

better than Rocky, which ended the most predictable way ever.