PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Episode 16

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Sun, 01-27-2008, 02:22 PM
well, it may be from Shinsen, but it's still out...

http://www.shinsen-subs.org/

and i must say... one of the most well done clip shows i've seen to date, containing a lot of new footage and forward movement for the story. to say the least, it trumps any of the crap clip shows from SEED Destiny...

Darknodin
Sun, 01-27-2008, 03:41 PM
yeap... its a must-watch recap episode. and i like how Throne seems to come out of nowhere. which begs the question as to what the hell CB is.

also, the "observers" seem to have an awful lot of power too.

Yukimura
Mon, 01-28-2008, 02:24 AM
The Erica Simmons clip show around ep 30-40 of Gundam SEED is the only one that comes close, but this one had much better commentary and they analyzed the impact of the actions much more clearly.

The hideously blatant SEELE references aside the Observers strike me as a group of powerful but anonymous people from all the different factions who have signed on to the Celestial Being plan and hold some amount of sway through this veto power they have. I suppose they could also represent part of the financial backing as well. But from the way they were acting there are certainly things that they don't know about, and they don't seem to be in direct control of anything.

The Throne siblings are interesting, the crazy one is very crazy and I already dislike him, the quiet one is curious, and the girl...well she's a girl. I predict tension of course, but maybe one of them will develop a favorable relationship with one of the original group members. Lockon and Younger sister or maybe Sumeragi and older brother might work.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-28-2008, 05:13 AM
How about the girl and Setsuna? Maybe she is one of those "I love the sasuke type" sakura girls.

Rickbee
Mon, 01-28-2008, 10:18 AM
My question is how many are there 7 or 8 either one gundam is missing or virtue has 2 engines cause the observers said they only knew about 5 furnaces.

Mhalador
Mon, 01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
My question is how many are there 7 or 8 either one gundam is missing or virtue has 2 engines cause the observers said they only knew about 5 furnaces.

The 5th is probably their transport ship.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 01-28-2008, 12:21 PM

Yea, the original 5th has to be the ship itself, since it can also emit its own GN Particles. I think that the throne suits run from a completely different GN system. That explains the Red light instead of white/greenish light. It also explain why those suits completly pwn the original 4/5 (Im considering Nadaleeh its own suit since the model # is different from Virtue).

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Mon, 01-28-2008, 12:59 PM
as i'm thinking about the introduction of "Gundam Throne", i find myself wondering if this new trio is going to become the clear "villain" trio. if so, what of the established antagonists in the series?

here's what i'm thinking...
Graham has been far too well developed in a non-villainous way to simply remain a villain. he's most likely going to end up siding with the original four "Meisters" (if all four survive the entire series). i tend to really compare him in attitude to a Mwu sort of character...
Patrick, being that he's sort of a twit and tends to get whomped repeatedly, will probably be kept around, though he's likely to fall even further into the background as a comic relief character.
Soma's a tough one. with her genetically engineered physiology and odd character background, it's tough to see her going "good guy" at any point, though i wouldn't completely dismiss it.
Ali... well, being that he is the quintessential badass villain character as yet, he's probably going to end up getting a vicious Gundam at some point (similar to Rau getting Providence late in SEED) and continue to wreak havoc on Setsuna's stoic persona... i could honestly see him being allied with Gundam Throne in some way as the story progresses...

needless to say, the introduction of Throne, along with the talk of there being a difference in ideologies between Throne and the original gang tells me that our original four are going to start questioning how legit Celestial Being is... most likely this rift is going to result in the big season one finale at episode 25...

just sayin.

then again, there could be a massive shuffle of allegiances... for example, we could see Setsuna, Lockon, Graham, Allelujah and Soma against the rest of the gang... know what i mean?

DDBen
Mon, 01-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Yea, the original 5th has to be the ship itself, since it can also emit its own GN Particles. I think that the throne suits run from a completely different GN system. That explains the Red light instead of white/greenish light. It also explain why those suits completly pwn the original 4/5 (Im considering Nadaleeh its own suit since the model # is different from Virtue).

If the transport ship had a solar furnace of its own it would have no reason to require the gundams to return to space and recharge it. I'm pretty positive the 5th solar furnace belongs to another unknown gundam likely piloted by the UN guy who was holding the meeting of the observers. Note the Ship has only has released particles when a Gundam has been plugged into it it can't create them on its own and the Gundams must return to space to recharge it.

This episode was WAY better then I expected after hearing the term recap. I despise recap episodes but this one was quite good and actually one of the best episodes so far in the series non of the recap parts felt wasted in the slightest.

KrayZ33
Mon, 01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
hmmm actually, i exceptet more fighting... everything seemed over in just 1 second and now they are back to the "1 shot-ultra-power gundams who could nuke the planed in an instant" :( i m sad....

they made these very cool looking flags and enacts, but they are all wasted on these crappy gundams, i hope the next episode will be a bit more equal when it comes to "world vs gundam" again, at least it looks promising

Mhalador
Mon, 01-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Was the Gundam that Setsuna saw in his childhood Exia or a different one? Last time they showed it during the flashbacks it looked different (at least from what I thought). Or do they even know about the Gundam that he saw?

animus
Mon, 01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
It looked like the generic Gundam whose name I can't remember. The typical Gundam head, laser rifle in the right hand, and a shield in the left.

DDBen
Mon, 01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Was the Gundam that Setsuna saw in his childhood Exia or a different one? Last time they showed it during the flashbacks it looked different (at least from what I thought). Or do they even know about the Gundam that he saw?

I don't think it was Exia in fact I'm pretty sure its particles were not even golden.

Darknodin
Mon, 01-28-2008, 10:02 PM
it was an earlier generation gundam.

looking at the part where the overflags get shot up, i keep thinking, DAMN those mechs look good! really, i hope Graham becomes a "good guy" but keeps the Flag... maybe tweak it a bit more.

btw, there's no reason more Gundams won't appear but that'll probably be in season 2. Also, is the Throne Ein actually part of CB? i was rewatching the beginning and now i'm not so sure.

Kraco
Tue, 01-29-2008, 03:15 AM
I still don't get how Graham could become a "good guy"... Hasn't he been a good guy right from the beginning? The only "hero" in this series who's actually a clear villain is Ali. The CB is a terrorist organization, despite the fact they have occassionally attacked other terrorists, but that doesn't make them heroes (a murderer who murders criminals is still nothing but a murderer. Even a police officer can't on purpose execute criminals - only on self-defense they can shoot them dead if there's no other choice). So, if we want to get more heroes in this series, it would require some of the old meisters at some point turn against the Throne meisters.

Darknodin
Tue, 01-29-2008, 07:05 AM
that's pretty much why i put "good guy" in quotations... i should have said "with gundams on his side"

Chiodos
Tue, 01-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that the new Gundams look even way more advanced than the original ones? I mean, the one with the barrels? C'mon....Atleast in the SEED universe you needed atleast to be in space.
And that big freakin' GN Particle-something-field is just way to much considering that the timeline is about 200+ from ours. (Correct me!)

I'm disliking the new pilots happy-go-around attitude and the farfetched power that the new Gundams have...and the suits are just plain red. That's pretty dull.

Overall, decent episode! So, Sumeragi were predicting the loss of the Meisters, eh ?

One thing that reminded me was any of you guys remember the girl Setsuna chased or something in the first OP ? I don't recall anything that she's ever appeard at all...
Edit: Grammar and shit..

rockmanj
Tue, 01-29-2008, 09:44 AM
It looked like the generic Gundam whose name I can't remember. The typical Gundam head, laser rifle in the right hand, and a shield in the left.

Yea, you're right; it does look a lot like the good old RX-78-2; except for the light wings and shit. Hmm...I think I'll comment on the episode at a later time...

masamuneehs
Tue, 01-29-2008, 01:09 PM
good god Shitsen's translations were awful... Two different names for Crazy Throne brother (Mihael), Kurdish as Kurgish and then the word, "originator"...

I was pretty bored with the first part of the episode. We got lots of info, and the Throne siblings were established firmly, but I just didn't care for it. That girl's huge GN stealth field is some fucking hax...

This new Gundam universe is getting out of hand. For one based on our calendar system, they really don't try to keep it very realistic at all... And now we have 7 Gundams confirmed, which are strong as hell and already assrape enemy units by the dozens... Even though it's pretty clear the evil red Throne Gundams are going to end up fighting CB, right now the current mobile suit power disparity is even past Gundam Wing levels... 7 allied Gundams...

I also don't like the Crazy Throne Brother. The calm one (Johan) is much more to my liking, seems to be pretty keen. I didn't like when he said, "we should welcome them (the other Gundams) as fellow Gundam pilots"... because it makes me feel they're going to waste five minutes next episode with a "we attacked you just to test your abilities showdown between the groups". That shit always makes me furious.

I guess I was wrong about the Surveyors/Observers controlling Throne. They seemed to be more apart of Sumeragi's CB, both groups getting info from Veda and being in the dark about the existence of the three new Gundams. But then where the fuck did the Thrones come from? I still think Alejandro Corner and someone in that group is going to be behind Throne... Johan Trinity seemed to be in control of operations on the Throne ship, nobody like Sumeragi there that we saw... but I can't believe a pilot would be in charge to that extent, and they have to have some serious backers... I'd like to think they wouldn't introduce a totally new character / faction to be the villain out of the blue...

Sergei getting super pissed off was the best moment of the episode, I thought.

I like that they put CB under a lens, even though I thought the 'recap' could have been used more new commentary / analysis and less recycling of the original voice acting. But it was good for an episode that was half "recap"

kpxiceboi
Fri, 02-01-2008, 04:37 AM
One thing that reminded me was any of you guys remember the girl Setsuna chased or something in the first OP ? I don't recall anything that she's ever appeard at all...
Edit: Grammar and shit..

i know exactly what you're talking about. I was thinking about that also. I remember once the OP changed, i was like huh?!

Anyways, i also read recap and thought, "aww man, already?!" but this episode was awesome. However, I'm kind of skeptical of the throne brothers, although the gundam with the "dragoon system" was freaking sweet. Nonetheless, however sweet that gundam weapon was, the "fangs" seem too overpowered. It's like in Gundam Seed Destiny when Kira gets Strike Freedom. GG.

I'm still only half satisfied with the series. I mean, I feel like none of the meisters have any special talents. Still too early to know all the information i guess. Sigh, can't wait for more..

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM
i know exactly what you're talking about. I was thinking about that also. I remember once the OP changed, i was like huh?!

I'm kind of skeptical of the throne brothers, although the gundam with the "dragoon system" was freaking sweet. Nonetheless, however sweet that gundam weapon was, the "fangs" seem too overpowered.

The girl he chased in the first OP is, unless I was totally out of it, Marina Ismail, the queen of Azadistan, and the girl he went to visit (also a real fail realism scene) in the episode right before the desert ambush started (at the end of episode 14). She's still in the OP, looking just as angsty as ever.

I have always had a real hard time figuring out my feelings towards the bits/funnels/DRAGOON systems. I really don't like them when they give an already super powerful side a greater advantage. I mean, it's like fighting half a dozen very small, very hard to hit mobile suits that are perfectly coordinated and can take you out with one hit... It's my least favorite weapon behind energy shields...

i disagree with you on the idea that the pilots have "no talents/skills". I think we've already seen where they're strong and where they're weak. But I'd still like to have more character development... I understand the half-satisfied feel

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-02-2008, 09:15 AM
With the raw for 17 out, I succumbed and watched Shitsens for 16.

A Rie Kugimiya character that isn't a loli? BLASPHEMY!

It should be pretty clear that the Throne trio will become the villains. They call themselves "Throne" first off. "Celestial Being" as a name brings the idea that they come from above to intervene where they need to, and try not to interfere too much with the daily lives of people. Just like Louise proved in this episode. Saji stayed up all night watching the news, and what are "normal" people like Louise worried about? A test tomorrow.

But "Throne" implies they intend to use the power of their Gundams to rule, dominate, and control. Interfering as much as possible, and as harshly as possible. Ali-Serges is an asshole, relishing in the chaos of war, but he has no aspirations for control. He abandoned Setsuna and the rest of the Kurds when he felt like it years ago, and he'll probably do the same to the AEU (he already has to a point).

And Alejandro is totally evil. He kept pushing for the Thrones to be accepted into CB, I lost count of how many times he said it. He seems heavily involved with them, and the smirk at the end after CB accepted them gave it all away. Hopefully the boyslut he keeps will assassinate him.

What was the deal with Sumeragi? It's like she expected them to all die. Maybe it was just a prediction by Veda that didn't account for the Thrones, but her reaction was very odd. Perhaps she did turn traitor.

@masa:

I've got to say, I love the idea that the evil, already overpowered new Gundams have the bits/DRAGOON, superior rate of fire on the sniper rifle, and an overwhelming spread on the GN particles. For once (from the ones I've watched anyway) the "heroes," in this case CB and the actually "good" people like Graham, will be dramatically overpowered, but will somehow have to end up victorious.

That means that Setsuna and the rest of the not-so-skilled Meistars along with the superiorly skilled likes of Graham and hopefully Soma will have to train up to Graham's level of piloting skill. They've have to use skill and strategy instead of the technological high ground to defeat their enemies. It'll probably be a really nasty fight, which should be a good treat for the viewers.

@Gunslinger_BlaQ:

I agree with where you went with Graham and Patrick, Patrick was always a joke and there's a good possibility that Graham will ally with the core of CB.

But I think it's also quite likely for Soma. There was the one line where she wondered why Allelujah attacked the Super Solider facility, killing all of her comrades. On the one side, she was angry that people like her are now all dead, and I don't believe that she knows that Allelujah is a former Super Solider as well. Sergei may, but Soma was clearly not told yet. If she had, her line would not have been in a question. She would have known why someone like her would feel that way. I don't quite think she will ally as readily with the core of CB against Throne, but she will probably soon find some common ground with Allelujah and fight them.

I just hope she survives...
Soma has always been one of the "good" guys. She obeys orders, has a strong sense of what is right and wrong, which comes from her deep respect for Sergei who shares that same ideals and patriotic duty. Both serve their nation, but obviously don't hesitate to do the right thing (like with the space station section, and the corrupt scientist).

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Sat, 02-02-2008, 11:20 AM
i suppose, Ryllharu, when debated in those terms, it's a bit more believable that Soma may end up allying herself with Celestial Being (as well as, perhaps, Sergei-- unless it is his death at the hands of the Thrones that instigates her joining CB... which as it just hit me right now, seems like an amazingly feasible possibility)

--

as for the discussion as to the further over-powering of the Gundams with the introduction of the Thrones. given a quick breakdown, here we go...

Throne Eins: amazingly overpowered, ridiculous Virtue/Dynames energy cannons. these weapons are clearly powered by its GN Drive in the same way Virtue's cannons are, but with the amount of obscenely long range demonstrated by Dynames.

Throne Zwei: has a huge beam edge/solid edge "buster sword" ala Cloud (FFVII), as well as the "Fangs", of which there are six, which double as melee or ranged orbit weapons. they do not, thus far, seem to have the uber-overpowered "energy shield" ability like the Dragoons in SEED: Destiny.

Throne Drei: according to the specs breakdown, the fastest Gundam built to date, this one seems to be designed for Stealth, deploying the insanely huge "GN Blanket" effect, which can cover not only the Drei itself, but entire combat areas around it... beyond that... seems to have only basic weaponry... from standard beam sabers to to its arm rifle.
--

granted, this seems like monstrous overkill...

but there are some huge variables.

consider Virtue's "Nadleeh" capabilities, which we don't even know the full capacity of. it's very possible that that additional unit is as amazingly overpowered as the Throne Gundams, only restrained by Tieria's apparent refusal to bust that mother out in battles such as this one, resulting in the unit's near capture.

and even more so, consider the design shots we've seen in posts here about the "GN Arms" unit for Exia, which seems to be a melee-based equivalent to a METEOR unit...

in the end, everyone will probably get their upgrades right before the end of season one, and we'll see some battle lines drawn, as well as some deaths amid the "core" cast, resulting in new allegiances and whatnot... it's all to be expected at this point in the series...

then again...

maybe the Thrones, in their overconfidence, are going to get pounded by the more gritty-seeming CB Meisters... it's not beyond the realm of possibility...

(edited to fix typos and grammar. ugh)

animus
Sat, 02-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I was confused with the ep, why was that AEU dude calling for Throne to be accepted? Aren't they fighting them? Does it mean to acknowledge that these 3 new suits are equal threats as the 4 original are?

poopdeville
Sat, 02-02-2008, 01:20 PM
I was confused with the ep, why was that AEU dude calling for Throne to be accepted? Aren't they fighting them? Does it mean to acknowledge that these 3 new suits are equal threats as the 4 original are?

That dude isn't from the AEU. He's from the UN, and until this episode, I thought he was Veda.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Alejandro was a shadow member of CB, stationed in the UN, and only described himself as an "Observer." We found out now how many observers there really are, and that he's deeply connected with the Thrones. Right now we don't know how much, but he may be their controller like Luimei is to the other four Meistars.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, at long last, Menclave releases their version. Was anybody waiting for this, or had they all given in?

720p (http://bt.mymenclave.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_16_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BC57D4FB5%5D.mkv.tor rent)
SD (http://bt.mymenclave.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_16_%5B704x400_H.264_AAC%5D%5B2F3B7069%5D.mkv.torr ent)

edit: I'll assume menclave has the best translations, so to me, the correct translation from Alejandro was "Do we, the Surveyors, acknowledge or deny these three Gundams?" All that sounds like to me, is whether the Surveyors recognize their existence, though whether as part of CB or not, they didn't say. One of the better recap eps I've seen, and hopefully, next ep reveals more.