PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel like the manga's jumped ship?

Fighter Fei
Fri, 01-11-2008, 03:44 AM
SPOILERS for the manga (up to the current chapter (currently 305)), just in case!

I've been feeling this way for quite awhile. What with the Story Arc Recycling, the needlessly drawn out fight scenes, manga filler (it exists, holy shit it exists--or at least it feels like filler; I can't quite remember where it's at but if people really want to call me on it, I'll go and find the chapter(s)), loss of tension (hello~o, constant fight-scene switching!), and just ugh. I've been extremely disappointed in the manga ever since the Arrancar encounters started up. Even the Captain's showing up (which was effing AWESOME), lost its appeal quick with the terrible way it was done. About the only thing I've liked in this arc, is Grimmjow vs. Ichigo/Hichigo--and even that felt like a 'copy' of the Ichigo vs Zaraki fight.

I'm tired of the recycling and I want something fresh. C'mon Kubo, do something exciting and don't ruin it for once.

kpxiceboi
Wed, 01-16-2008, 01:45 AM
I completely understand what you're saying. I believe that it is kind of "jumping the shark". Like you mentioned, the appearance of the captains was awesome, but it just seems like the battles are taking too long. The long battles just began to make the appearance of the captains kinda dull now.