PDA

View Full Version : Filler Free Shippuuden episodes

alpha826
Fri, 11-30-2007, 01:00 PM
throughout the 'recue gaara' arc of the shippuuden anime, there were many complaints about the amount of filler material that was used in between the bits of actual story. now that the 'rescue gaara' arc is over, i had the idea of going back and editing out all of the filler material, so that all of the episodes would (more) closely follow the manga. i'm doing this, since i'll be burning these 'new' episodes on a dvd for myself. so far, i've re-watched the first 10 episodes(which work a lot better when you watch them straight through IMO) and have jotted down what i would like to see removed. hopefully, when i'm all done, i can upload it or something so you guys can see that shippuuden isn't all that bad- it's just unnecessarily cluttered with stupid shit at times. and ALL of the episodes will have the konoha re-introduction bits at the end of the episodes removed.

ok, so far i've tinkered around with the shippuuden 01/02. there are that many changes to this episode, since it's pretty good as is, but let me know what you think.
- removed the everything in the beginning regarding sasuke, since it'll be in the anime later on, so the 'retooled' version starts at the intro. song

- removed konohamaru and co. retrieving the cat

- removed the password/character re-introductions that are sprinkled throughout this episode

- removed all the repeated stuff that replays after commerical breaks

- removed some of the unnecessary(at least to me) flashbacks

i can't wait to re-edit the kakashi/naruto vs deidara fight episode, which was the main reason i started this project, since that episode should have been badass, but ended up as a disappointment...

sl00ke
Fri, 11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Everything is better if u watch them in batch

Janusz
Fri, 11-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Everything is better if u watch them in batch

But it's even better if you don't have to see the same bit of animation twentythree times ;)
I think it's a great idea to cut out the clone fights, the Sakura / Chiyo needle dancing, the Naruto / Kakashi log jumping, and so forth. What I'm really interested in is how much animation you can actually cut out aside from intro / title songs and previews. Just so we all know how stretched Shippuuden was so far.

Assertn
Fri, 11-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I think you've got too much free time dude.
And there's nothing wrong with stuff like the Konohamaru/cat scene.

alpha826
Fri, 11-30-2007, 03:09 PM
I think you've got too much free time dude.
And there's nothing wrong with stuff like the Konohamaru/cat scene.

you're right on both counts, but i personally didnt like that scene, so it's gone.

ForteCross
Fri, 11-30-2007, 05:08 PM
then you are not making a filler free shippuuden but a shippuuden for your like, that scene like all the "get the bells" stuff was nostalgic, it was there for that purpose and i say leave it that way, they didnt did a bad job then, actually i only feel that they did a bad job from the deidara/gaara fight, when they just looked at each other for liek 10 secs every 5 mins, but before that, it was all good

Abdula
Fri, 11-30-2007, 05:10 PM
If you cut out all the filler stuff in Naruto what you have would just be a few animated manga scenes. There haven't been any filler stuff in Naruto, sure there were extra scenes that weren't in the manga but that is how all animes are there are not verbatim adaptations of the manga there is a lot of creative freedom.

Almost every single episode of Naruto from the very first has had stuff that wasn't in the manga thats just the way animes are if it turns out to be a bit anticlimactic then so be it. None the less I would like to see what how your final product turns out because we can all agree that the 'rescue gaara' arc was terribly done in some places.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
So its not really just a filler-free cut.

Its more "alpha826's cut".

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 12-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Just call it a Manga Cut.

alpha826
Mon, 12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
ok, so i just cut up shippuuden 29/30,since that's the episode that was pretty much universally complained about. does anyone know any sites that i could upload onto? then again, this is assuming that anyone cares about seeing the changes that i made.

Death13a
Tue, 12-11-2007, 12:22 AM
www.mediafire.com file hosting ( has fast servers( i usualy download from them at 700kb/s) 100mb max so if file too big .rar or .zip it to less then 100mb

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 01-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow, why are so many people flaming this initiative? Shippuuden has more so than Naruto had fights where they just stand and glare at each other in a really evil way. It's tiresome to watch that kinda bullshit, Watching batches is way better like one person said. But then when you've watched 10 episodes that you waited for more than two months and then get back to waiting, you also get a bit irritated.

Some guy say that all animes are like this? Ain't correct you know, Claymore and Berserk had next to none extra unnecesary moment in the anime that it didn't have in the manga, almost scary how close they are (although some things are tossed around in the wrong order storywise).

Anyways, if this guy wants to spend a part of his very boring and not to exciting life doing this, why flame it? (No offense on the whole life thing, but you've gotta admit it's a bit nuts :P).

Some people will like it and some people won't, deal or leave.

SilentSnake
Sun, 01-06-2008, 08:38 AM
The bell thing was in the manga :P

FMA was not fillered as well, but ofc Berserk > all ;)

Anyway, I see nothing wrong in this project apart from the fact that it seems to me extremely time-wasting, but that's me, not alpha826...

NM
Sun, 01-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Um, FMA did not continue with the manga. At about episode 23 (this is just an estimate), the anime decided to divert from the manga which I believe was because they wanted to air Gundam Seed Destiny? So in a way, it was "fillered", as you put it. Although, the series STILL ended up awesome even if it did not follow the manga all the way through.

SilentSnake
Sun, 01-06-2008, 03:19 PM
y, the anime did not follow the manga, but we gotta admit it was in no way fillered the way we talk about.

It got changed story which ended up awesome and managed to end up at all after 52 eps, not hundreds :D

When I got hands on FMA I was having my first exam session, instead of learning I watched all eps within 3 days. Ironically, I ended up with good grades;)

I wonder if Alpha826 manage to end the project, he is kinda quiet now and it's been almost a month :P

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 01-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Weeeak Silent, 3 days for only 52 eps? I just finished watching all none-filler naruto eps and naruto shippuuden eps in 3.5 days. :P

SilentSnake
Mon, 01-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Weeeak Silent, 3 days for only 52 eps? I just finished watching all none-filler naruto eps and naruto shippuuden eps in 3.5 days. :P

It was alot taking into consideration I had some duties to fulfill (job, helping with chores), Basically watched them all my free time :P

none-filler naruto eps is kinda like cutting it by half, but still... :eek:

I bet you could still hear naruto's voice in your head after waking up :D

On the other hand, I reread whole Berserk within a day once :P

I DID have nightmares that night in case you were wondering :D

*ends his spam*

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 01-07-2008, 11:26 AM
It was alot taking into consideration I had some duties to fulfill (job, helping with chores), Basically watched them all my free time :P

none-filler naruto eps is kinda like cutting it by half, but still... :eek:

I bet you could still hear naruto's voice in your head after waking up :D

*ends his spam*

It's exactly (counting Shippuuden) 170 episodes.

Hehe, yeah, Naruto is the new thing that gets my juices flowing :)

Berserk is enough to give anyone a bad dream... Weird stuff going on there :S

Abdula
Mon, 01-07-2008, 02:32 PM

Lol, Damn right you did. I could only imagine the horror.

Janusz
Mon, 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
ok, so i just cut up shippuuden 29/30,since that's the episode that was pretty much universally complained about. does anyone know any sites that i could upload onto? then again, this is assuming that anyone cares about seeing the changes that i made.

I care. Did you upload it anywhere? If you have size issues you could RAR it up so it spans several files.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Funny did something similar with the most recent episodes. Have dubbed them the Naruto Shippuuden Redux. You can check them out on youtube by following these links here:

Naruto Shippuuden 40-41 Redux pt 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-qQrCHMTJI
pt 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m84NrVYkG64
pt 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QbApie351k

alpha826
Tue, 01-08-2008, 04:37 AM
here it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ndwd9zhugf (part 1)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1z1nytzbdgn (part 2)
http://www.mediafire.com/?30rnt2fmzhw (part 3)

alpha826
Thu, 01-10-2008, 12:06 AM
that's episode 29/30 btw. i'm still debating whether or not i should cut down the second time kakashi tries to use MS while he's running through the trees and shit...

alpha826
Thu, 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM
here it is finally.

www.mediafire.com/?0ndwd9zhugf (part 1)
www.mediafire.com/?1z1nytzbdgn (part 2)
www.mediafire.com/?30rnt2fmzhw (part 3)

EDIT_ links added

You already have your own thread for your Shippuuden edits. Don't make a new thread just for a new episode you release. And please, don't double post.

-NM

Rhanfahl
Wed, 05-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey guys, just got a new HDD to start watching anime again. From what I've gathered there's already filler going on in Shippuden. I haven't really watched any of this yet, can anyone tell me when it starts so I don't waste precious space on the festering bowl of dog snot that we call filler?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Episode 53 is the last episode of Retrieving Sasuke v2 arc (heaven and hell bridge arc). Then they start giving Naruto some new technique training, and he goes on a filler mission with a bit of non-filler backstory to it. Decide for yourself if the rest are worth watching. Honestly, I'd give this filler a try.

Ep 1-53=manga storyline
Ep 54-56=Naruto's training (still manga storyline?)
Ep57+ = Filler mission

Darknodin
Wed, 05-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Well so far, the fillers have been better than the regular episodes... of course it could get very wrong eventually... but at least the eps out now are entertaining

tigerleon
Thu, 05-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Yeah i recommend watching this filler.
is has potential me thinks.....
i keep getting confuzed with this filler and the last ship movie :(

Archangel
Fri, 05-30-2008, 03:51 PM
This filler is actually pretty good when compared to the final episodes of the original naruto ( yeah i know that's not saying much).

Watch for the sole reason that, apparently, there's some sort of new jinchuriki on it.