PDA

View Full Version : True Tears

Board of Command
Wed, 01-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Surprising how there isn't a thread on this yet...

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8382/6858bu8.jpg

Shinichiro is a student living in what would be a dream come true for most high school boys, but for him is mostly a frustration. A well liked girl in school named Hiromi has lived in his house for a year along with his family. Her father was a close friend of the family, and when he died they immediately took her in. She is popular and well liked, always smiles, is talented in sports- but Shinichiro knows there must be tears inside her. Having an artistic tendency, he makes watercolours of her and thinks about wishing to ease her tears. Yet he cannot bring up the nerve to talk to her even in his own home. She, too, is quiet and withdrawn in their house, quite unlike at school. Shinichiro is also distracted by teasing from his friend Nobuse for watching Hiromi from afar, a curse of bad luck from a strange girl named Noe, and being forced to perform Muhiga dancing. By helping Noe he hopes to ease his own problems, yet he seems to have difficulty helping himself.
(source: ANN)

ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6257)
AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4325)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ep 1 (Xvid) - Bakawolf & m33w (http://m.3.3.w.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakaWolf-m.3.3.w%5D%20True%20Tears%2001%20%28XviD%29%20%5BF 114C7C1%5D.avi.torrent)
Ep 1 (h264) - Bakawolf & m33w (http://m.3.3.w.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakaWolf-m.3.3.w%5D%20True%20Tears%2001%20%28H.264%29%20%5B F82424E0%5D.mkv.torrent)
Ep 1 (1280x720) - Rozen & NiceBoat (http://a.scarywater.net/rozen/%5BRozen-NiceBoat%5D_True_Tears_01_1280x720_%5B5C34BA4E%5D. mkv.torrent) (??)
Ep 1 (704x400) - Rozen & NiceBoat (http://a.scarywater.net/rozen/%5BRozen-NiceBoat%5D_True_Tears_01_704x400_%5BABFFFACD%5D.m kv.torrent)

I watched the 720p version by Rozen & NiceBoat (wtf kind of name is this?) and was fairly pleased with the release. Picture is sharp and vivid. Translations make sense. Nothing outstandingly bad with it. As for the series, don't know what to make of this. It certainly has its mysterious moments like H2O, but with some cookie cutter romance elements. I thought it was a nice first episode and with the series being only 13 episodes long, the story should pick up fairly quickly.

Kraco
Thu, 01-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Aye. I got the impression it's somewhere between a triangle of Yourself; Myself, Kanon, and H2O. It seems to have some rought elements like Yourself Myself, it has some out of the blue lines like Kanon, and some mystery like H2O. It looked far more promising than I was expecting. I thought it would be a textbook high-school romance.

This season seems to be offering a pretty good selection of shows, all in all.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Actually, its more like Myself Yourself and KimiKiss combined.

Yukimura
Thu, 01-10-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't know if it was being exhausted or agitated while I watched this but I got very little out of the first ep. The main character likes a 'perfect' girl but won't go for her b/c he's scared, then he meets another girl who is kind of weird but doesn't present any romantic interest and they strike up an awkward friendship, both girls seem to be hiding things...the end. So far it just feels like mad libs of other school romance anime. I'll give it a few more eps to see if it's going anywhere new, but I haven't felt this neutral about a first ep in a while.

animus
Thu, 01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
The animation is pretty high. First episode wasn't bad I guess, like Yuki said it's kinda generic.

David75
Thu, 01-10-2008, 02:43 PM
The animation is pretty high. First episode wasn't bad I guess, like Yuki said it's kinda generic.
It seems there are many experiments.
Zoom out scenes with leds computer animated
Noe's excuses to the chicken, with close-up on her mouth and it seemed they tried to animate the mouth as close as possible to reality.
And the 720p resolution is clearly a big plus. I wish we had more of those.

Kraco
Sun, 01-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Perfect girls are weird girls:

Episode 2 h264 - BakaWolf-m.3.3.w (http://m.3.3.w.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakaWolf-m.3.3.w%5D%20True%20Tears%2002%20%28H.264%29%20%5B D21D4CA4%5D.mkv.torrent)
Episode 2 xvid - BakaWolf-m.3.3.w (http://m.3.3.w.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakaWolf-m.3.3.w%5D%20True%20Tears%2002%20%28XviD%29%20%5BA 472A90C%5D.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Sun, 01-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Interesting, especially at the end. The only normal reason I can come up with for Hiromi trying to make friends would be to ascertain the relationship between Noe and Shin'ichiro in order to try and make her own move. But then, there doesn't have to be a normal reason and she might have simply wanted to be a bitch to Noe for talking to her man.

KrayZ33
Sun, 01-13-2008, 06:16 PM
hmmm will there be a 720p version from rozen&niceboat soon?

Board of Command
Sun, 01-13-2008, 06:33 PM
That's what I'm waiting for.

David75
Mon, 01-14-2008, 06:58 AM
That's what I'm waiting for.

Well If I analyse this:
http://a.scarywater.net/rozen/
It seems the group is either young, or does not have a lot of members, or isn't very efficient @ keeping members.... or whatever reasons explaining why they do first eps and don't push any further.

Board of Command
Mon, 01-14-2008, 08:42 AM
That kinda sucks. Their first ep for True Tears was pretty good.

David75
Mon, 01-14-2008, 08:59 AM
That kinda sucks. Their first ep for True Tears was pretty good. Lets hope the NiceBoat suffix will help them in making the whole season.
Although the Fallen prefix didn't help for Myself-Yourself.

EDIT:
In fact the BakaWolf-M33W release in in HD, I just had the time to start it now and wanted to tell you BoC ;)

Board of Command
Mon, 01-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Interesting development so far. I like where this is going.

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-15-2008, 06:20 PM
waaahaa... i want my 720p back 8[

this series is so nice... however what is this "I need you to collect tears for me" thing and all that stuff about.. what is Noe trying to do? i don't understand that girl at all

Shinichiro did even dream about here at the beginning of the first episode when he was talking about something like "i want to make a necklace out of your tears and hang it around a tree" and then this girl (Noe) shows up in his mind looking up a large tree... hm..hmm...

the first episode was weird anyways.. after the scene with the bathroom he grabbed for the handkerchief-box i thought he's going to masturbate but he just made his masterpiece of art: "the chicken box"

Knives122
Tue, 01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
This is the only new show I'm watching the second half and I'm also not a very big person on this type of anime and I have to say, I'm loving it. Very satisfied so far.

Kraco
Mon, 01-21-2008, 04:02 AM
Those in hurry could have watched it already a while ago, but I prefer the h264 releases these days.

Episode 3 h264 - BakaWolf-m.​3.​3.​w (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=3994)
Episode 3 xvid - BakaWolf-m.​3.​3.​w (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=3990)

KrayZ33
Mon, 01-21-2008, 08:38 AM
poor shin ichiro... why didn't he run away to avoid the "i-just-heard-what-you-said-about-me-so -I-will-rape-you-at-night" scene :/

next episode will be interesting!

btw how many episodes does this series have? i hope ~25... but because of the quality i think there arn't more than 12..

Kraco
Mon, 01-21-2008, 10:13 AM
I guess he was too much in a shock to have run away immediately. I doubt he predicted Hiromi would right away come his way after saying those words.

It was interesting development to say the least. Shinichiro was Hiromi's ally in the family, with his mother disliking the fact Hiromi is there and the father probably ending up being somewhat neutral in order to not piss off either side. I wonder how it will go on from now on. Although Shinichiro doesn't look like a scumbag who would now make things hard for her, but who knows what's going to happen. She was his dream girl after all.

kooshi
Thu, 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm really liking this series :) All the characters are likable (I have a soft spot for Noe, weird + cute = funny), the story is kinda laid-back and relaxing, and the animation is great.

For Shinichiro, I guess in a way, if he wanted to be with Hiromi, he should've done it a lot sooner. I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it seems to me that they have been living together for quite a while now, yet they're not really close. That probably gave Hiromi the impression that he was not interested in developing some sort of friendship or the likes.

Well, let's just wait for ep4 and see what happens ^_^

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Hiromi obviously likes Shinichiro. She is just holding back because they are living together. While Im not sure about it, the stuff in the show indicate that this is the case.

David75
Fri, 01-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Hiromi obviously likes Shinichiro. She is just holding back because they are living together. While Im not sure about it, the stuff in the show indicate that this is the case.

To me she wanted to keep this a secret for her comrade. She maybe wanted is to blossom in her private garden (her dreams and desire) and let Sinichiro grow with it too.
So she came up with the guy that would be loved by many girls around, because it was easy to think that name and that would sound normal. Although in that case, he comrade wasn't such a fool and knew that the womanizer choice sounded clearly wrong in Hiromi's speech.
Sinichiro just happened to be there at the worst possible moment, which is very common in anime.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-25-2008, 11:48 AM
That doesnt seem to be the case since she denied remembering the childhood event before, which serves no purpose other than to put distance between them. Why would she do so? Only one thing comes to mind right now, which is the only drastic change that has happened in their relationship, specifically living together. What is it about living together that may cause her reaction is anybody's guess. Maybe the mother is involved somehow.

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 01-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Couldn't the reason why she is acting all indifferent and cold be because she herself feels that she has changed because of the incident with her family. We don't know much about who she was before the incident, only that she cared a great deal for shinichiro.

As for her not remembering I am pretty certain she lied about that part. She seemed very hesistant when answering.

And her moving in being the only drastic change is very one sided. Of course, for him that is one big change, but for her maybe her family dying is a tad bigger.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Of course she was lying. That is why I said "denied" that she remembered. That is pretty clear from her comment right after the flashback.

As for the change, it can be the death of her family, but I dont see why such an event would make a relationship between them impossible or undesirable.

She really is just acting indifferent and cold. She obviously still cares about Shinichiro as seen from the events of the last episode. Its almost as if she is trying to convince herself otherwise. Her feelings arent even in question here, but rather why she doesnt want to show them.

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 01-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Yeshu, sorry for the missinterpretation. I would like to reserve any guesses about why she is acting indifferent because so far I think we know too little about her, the series has still mostly shown Shinichiros view of the situation.

Kraco
Sun, 01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Indifference and coldness, whether assumed or truthful, can be just as disastrous:

Episode 4 h264 - BakaWolf-m.3.3.w (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4170)
Episode 4 xvid - BakaWolf-m.3.3.w (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4169)

Board of Command
Sun, 01-27-2008, 05:14 PM
And a nigga thank you to you too. Just what I need on a Sunday afternoon before a week of midterms...

:mad:

Kraco
Sun, 01-27-2008, 06:02 PM
I like the calmness of this series. And how the characters stop to think and ponder every now and then (even Noe who certainly represents the active and unpredictable kind of personality in this series).

There's some manner of melancholy in this series.

animus
Sun, 01-27-2008, 11:22 PM
I would've said the same thing that Shinichiro said to Hiromi.

KrayZ33
Mon, 01-28-2008, 09:12 AM
nice episode.. nice series..

there isn't a single character which i don't like and i love this very(!) detailed animation.. it's really great even though the facial-expressions are made so simple and plain (3 blue dashes or a big white drop), but they actually fit in and really manage to lighten up the mood a bit.
jeez.... i can't decide which series is better.. Spice and Wolf or True Tears, hmmm..

True Tears is definitively one of the more "realistic" series out there.. with some little exceptions it really feels like this could happen everyday or just 3 blocks away from your own house :P

i think the reason for that lies within shinchirou and the reactions of everyone..they are somehow just "normal" they do things you would do yourself to and might even think the way you do..
for example aiko and miyokishi.. i wonder what will happen if he finds out that aiko likes shinchirou... aiko doesn't really want to be with miyokishi but she also doesn't want to hurt his feelings (not only because he is shinchirous best friends)
oh man i simply can't wait for the next episodes... i want to find out what will happen next and how the character-relationship will develop itsself.

the shopping part was also very funny... at least for me.. "how do i look in that?" - "oh good.. take it" - "how do i look now!?" - "good take it (not paying attention anymore)" and then when you yourself pick something for her because she asked you to, "wtf? are you mad?"

and is it just me or does somebody else think that they are using some new "camera"-angles? these close-ups, over-the-shoulder shots and "ego-perspective" are really rarley used normally... and its really rare to pay so much attention to the background, they really go into the detail here.. i havn't seen that very often, only in "the melachony of Haruhi" to be directly.

David75
Mon, 01-28-2008, 04:02 PM
and is it just me or does somebody else think that they are using some new "camera"-angles? these close-ups, over-the-shoulder shots and "ego-perspective" are really rarley used normally... and its really rare to pay so much attention to the background, they really go into the detail here.. i havn't seen that very often, only in "the melachony of Haruhi" to be directly.

I you watch carefully, it seems computers are used quite a lot for this series.
It's nice for background, bacground characters movements*, different shades of colors, lighting, clouds, skies,cars and so on.

All in all I have to say that it's done in a way you don't get distracted or would even think it was'nt computer assisted.
However there's my asterisk mark *
People while walking, when they are in the background or when a scene is on a very wide angle, look very robot like. In fact I guess that it's the movement that is the most intrusive, the most eye catching from what is done, and a tad annoying because I keep remarking it.
But their technics improve the image and experience so much that I thank them for trying anything ;)

Back to the story:
Shinichiro is wrong. Hiromi may think of another guy than him. However that doesn't mean the tears he felt with the imagination of his true heart (paraphrasing Noe) are gone or never existed.
However this is a bit tricky with what we have yet. Because after all the tears Shinichiro sees in Hiromi's could be his... I mean we tend to see in others what we have inside, be it wrath, pain or bad habits for example. He may have been a bit shochked when Hiromi lost her mother, for whatever reason. Or he's sad that Hiromi isn't really in a happy household with his mother after her. It seems that Shinichiro's mother holds a grudge against himori's, and that she makes Hiromi pay.

I don't know what to think about Aiko and Miyokichi, other than they are there to emphasize love misunderstandings.
However here's the love line: Miyokichi has feelings for Aiko. But Aiko has feelings for Shinichiro. But Shinichiro has feelings for Hiromi, But Hiromi has feelings for Noe's Brother. But Noe's Brother would like Shinichiro to go out with his sister (Noe).

Regarding that Brother, I wonder what was that helmet scene for. He wanted to caress his sister's face, but it felt no that right. It also seems that they are not real brother and sister. Maybe an adoption? because he even emphasized how much he doesn't ressemble Noe in front of Shinichiro.

Well, all in all, when I watch True Tears, the ep seems like running too quickly, when everything seems so slow compared to many series. That's a big plus.

KrayZ33
Mon, 01-28-2008, 04:27 PM
a big problem with this series is that it only has 13 episodes (if i m right).. since it is such a great story they should have made it like 25 episodes long...however when they do that then the animation will suffer (which i dont want to happen!!!)

but isn't it somehow weird that hiromi is so open to shinchiro now? i know that she is very carefree at school but actually at home she was so shy in the first 3 episodes and shinchiro really had a hard time just talking to her... now its quiet the opposite and all because he overheard something?.. (btw they somehow destroyed the cliffhanger from episode 3... i exceptet something much more dramatic :( )

David75
Mon, 01-28-2008, 04:52 PM
a big problem with this series is that it only has 13 episodes (if i m right).. since it is such a great story they should have made it like 25 episodes long...however when they do that then the animation will suffer (which i dont want to happen!!!)

but isn't it somehow weird that hiromi is so open to shinchiro now? i know that she is very carefree at school but actually at home she was so shy in the first 3 episodes and shinchiro really had a hard time just talking to her... now its quiet the opposite and all because he overheard something?.. (btw they somehow destroyed the cliffhanger from episode 3... i exceptet something much more dramatic :( )

Yes, I forgot to mention Hiromi had something to tell Shinichiro, and she never had the time to due to Shinichiro's reactions, then Shinichiro's mother.

tystic
Thu, 01-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Dang it.... Licensed by Bandai, so m33w is dropping it.

ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-30/bandai-visual-usa-gets-shigofumi-true-tears-anime)

Although it'll be soon, DVDs will be expensive. First episode is $30, each next disc will have 2 eps for $40.

David75
Thu, 01-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Dang it.... Licensed by Bandai, so m33w is dropping it.

ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-30/bandai-visual-usa-gets-shigofumi-true-tears-anime)

Although it'll be soon, DVDs will be expensive. First episode is $30, each next disc will have 2 eps for $40.

Would the price be a consequence of the art quality discussed before?
Or maybe a smaller fanbase that doesn't allow to reduce costs thanks to quantity?

Yukimura
Thu, 01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
I suspect the cost is based solely on the speed. I think two months from end of Japanese broadcast to English (subbed) DVD availability is fairly unprecedented.

Still, it's always impressed me how paying large numbers of people to work 40+ hours a week gets so much slower results than letting people work on it for free whenever they feel like it. But I don't know maybe most of the time isn't spent translating, subbing and re encoding, but on making pretty packages and printing DVD's....

As per the norm the price is completely prohibitive, in fact i'm amazed they posted something so ridiculous along with the announcement that they'd licensed it. Why would anyone in their right mind pay $30 for a single subbed 24 min episode of an anime they've never seen? Or drop $270 for a 13 episode series of any quality level...I don't care how pretty the art is, that's just ridiculous (and Shigofumi doesn't even have the pretty art True Tears does).

Anyway, if m.3.3.w won't continue maybe one of the other 3 groups subbing it will. I wonder if you can C&D a group with no website, I can't imagine it would be very easy.

KrayZ33
Thu, 01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
30$ for 1 epsiode?

wait a sec... how much does it cost if you go to the cinema its about 5-10€ here? i don't know the course at the moment but isnt 1$ around 0,7€ ?

so i have to pay like 21€ for 24 mins of animated pictures?
i can go 3 times to the cinema for that, or buy 2 new movie-DvD's which have like 360 minutes playtime (if merged together)

do animes always cost this much? i always thought its about ~50€ (+-20) for the whole package. (similiar to the cost of a new computer game)

tystic
Thu, 01-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Well if I go thursday it's $2.50 for the movies, so that's 12 major films I could see before I see the first ep of True Tears.

Sucks, like usual they're only catering to people who make 5 times my income.

Lets see, buy 20-some eps of Heroes for $44 or 13 eps of True Tears for double the car payment, hmm.

They're in the business of making money, not entertaining people.

Board of Command
Thu, 01-31-2008, 09:18 PM
What about Rozen-NiceBoat? Would they also be dropping it? They're a no-name group but with surprisingly good quality so far.

David75
Fri, 02-01-2008, 02:06 AM
30$ for 1 epsiode?

wait a sec... how much does it cost if you go to the cinema its about 5-10€ here? i don't know the course at the moment but isnt 1$ around 0,7€ ?

so i have to pay like 21€ for 24 mins of animated pictures?
i can go 3 times to the cinema for that, or buy 2 new movie-DvD's which have like 360 minutes playtime (if merged together)

do animes always cost this much? i always thought its about ~50€ (+-20) for the whole package. (similiar to the cost of a new computer game)

It's true that I didn"t even do the math about that price.
I wonder what they are thinking.
It quite pricey, the best way from keeping people from buying it. Nice marketing strategy.
Unless there's a mistake in the news or somewhere.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:13 AM
ep 5 out

www.tokyotosho.com

animus
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Haha, so I guess w00f is the new m33w?

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 02-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Man, I gotta say. This episode sure made the series take a bad turn. It seems the series have been taking a step forward in every step, but this episode made it feel like the story is now moving backwards a few steps.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
shinta|hikari and Shinji Ikari

/confused

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 02-03-2008, 02:39 PM
He's a sad copy, I was here before him.... 3 years before in fact :P

Board of Command
Mon, 02-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I knew his name looked familiar when I first saw it show up. So it was you.

As for the episode, I didn't quite understand the lunch part with Hiromi and Noe. Why did Noe decide to befriend Hiromi all of a sudden? It seemed kind of random.

David75
Mon, 02-04-2008, 03:04 AM
I knew his name looked familiar when I first saw it show up. So it was you.

As for the episode, I didn't quite understand the lunch part with Hiromi and Noe. Why did Noe decide to befriend Hiromi all of a sudden? It seemed kind of random.

She probably needs to get near Hiromi, to better understand Shinichiro for her goal.

Kraco
Mon, 02-04-2008, 03:32 AM
And additionally she might be weird enough that when Shinichiro says girls eat their lunch with their friends (female), she then has to go and see what it's like to do that.

Yukimura
Mon, 02-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Oka, Hiromi is Shin'ichiro's half sister... The poor mom, no wonder she hates her so much. Having the testament to your husbands infidelity living under the same roof wth you and eating your food and derailing your son has to bite.

With that out of the way it now becomes a struggle between Ai, who's with his best friend, and Noe, who he doens't really like like that. But there's still hope that we'll get an awesome incest angle anyway, since he clearly likes Hiromi the best and his mom probably won't tell him, but we'll find out next ep when she tells Hiromi.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-05-2008, 01:53 AM
@BoC and Shinji - Lol. At least I have more posts despite appearing 3 years later. And I have to wonder who the "sad copy" really is considering shinji ikari is a complete replication of an anime character name.

Even if she is the half sister, it seems that she really likes Shinichiro as well, judging from her reaction.

EDIT: Still, Im hoping that is not the case. Hiromi would just be too pitiful if that were so.

David75
Tue, 02-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Oka, Hiromi is Shin'ichiro's half sister... The poor mom, no wonder she hates her so much. Having the testament to your husbands infidelity living under the same roof wth you and eating your food and derailing your son has to bite.

With that out of the way it now becomes a struggle between Ai, who's with his best friend, and Noe, who he doens't really like like that. But there's still hope that we'll get an awesome incest angle anyway, since he clearly likes Hiromi the best and his mom probably won't tell him, but we'll find out next ep when she tells Hiromi.

They seem to go that way, letting us think that Hiromi is Shinichiro's half sister.
They displayed the fact very obviously, so I will just be a tad suspicious and wait for a very clear statement. Because I can't see why Shinichiro's father would impose such a living tho his wife. Unless she's involved in some way in Hiromi's mother death... but that doesn't fit with what we've seen of the show up to now.
I admitt however it's the most obvious way, I probably don't need to stretch anything ;)

Yukimura
Mon, 02-11-2008, 03:19 AM
True Tears - 06 (1280x720) H264 - [w.0.0.f] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4451)
True Tears - 06 XviD - [w.0.0.f] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4450)

Lol, not that it was that hard to predict but I still like being right.

Kraco
Mon, 02-11-2008, 03:34 AM
I wouldn't mind if it's also true. Hiromi is a kind of passive emo girl. Maybe this will allow Shinichiro to grow some distance between his feeling and Hiromi and get together with Noe. She's a pretty bizarre and funny character. Although to be totally honest I somehow doubt this was the only "surprise" this series will deal out and the rest of the series would just smoothly flow to some safe harbour. Who knows what could still happen.

KrayZ33
Mon, 02-11-2008, 07:22 AM
this is all so weird.. actually i wanted hiromi and shinichiro come together in the end but now it would feel weird if they really do...

i hope it will be revealed at sometime that hiromi isn't his half sister (it seems that shinichiro's mother only thinks that this is the case)

i've to disagree with hiromi being an emo girl... she's actually pretty normal, but shy at shinichiro's place becuase she is hated by shinichiro's mother, she's acting like a guest who is not welcome and thats pretty normal, i would feel the same way.

Board of Command
Mon, 02-11-2008, 09:29 AM
So...Hiromi and Shinichiro are actually twins? That would mean Shinichiro's "mother" isn't his mother at all. How come she doesn't treat Shinichiro like shit?

Yukimura
Mon, 02-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Where did you get twins from? She said her birthday was later, which would mean that they weren't born on the same day making them not twins.

Something else that I forgot to comment on that I found interesting...Noe is not just a little bit obsessive though Shin'Ichoiro isn't really into her, Shin'ichiro's friend had that crazy guy look when Ai admitted she liked Shin'ichiro, Hiromi is under a lot of stress since che is always dumped on by the mom and she's get mxed up feelings. All these elements together could easily lead to a situation of potentially School Days levels of win (or fail, depending on your perspective).

Board of Command
Mon, 02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I thought she said her birthday was "a few minutes" later. Maybe I misread it. I deleted the file already...

KrayZ33
Mon, 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM
i don't know what she said in japanese but it was subbed with "since my birthday is later, that makes you the big brother" (or something like that)

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 02-11-2008, 12:00 PM
i don't know what she said in japanese but it was subbed with "since my birthday is later, that makes you the big brother" (or something like that)

Since they are in the same class I would think they are the same age. But that doesn't mean their twins, it might just mean that Shin-san's daddy had a busy year. And on that note, Hiromi wasn't sure about them being siblings, there is a chance they might be, but not certain... I hope they are not, it would just be too weird being siblings and also being romantically involved (which I hope will be the case at the end of this run)... Although that outcome seems very remote at the moment since doing a paternal test in an anime just seems too weird to ever happen.

David75
Mon, 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I wonder what happened with the encode.
The video seemed a bit blurry on the edges.
The sound was clearly a problem with trebles going to metallic compression.

Everything other than that was already written

Yukimura
Sat, 02-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Fake Tears - 07 [Abridged Version]- [m.3.0.w] - (NOTE: MASSIVE COCKTEASE/SPOILER) (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=11240)

This is essentially a commercial made of a couple scenes from episode 07 with semi-serious subs, however what it reveals is so epic I wanted to share. Watch at your own risk, but I'll tell you that I think a Nice Boat ending is looking more and more possible!

David75
Sun, 02-17-2008, 04:14 PM
True Tears 07 XVID (http://www.mininova.org/get/1178828)

True Tear 07 H264 HD (http://www.mininova.org/get/1178826)

It's beggining to become a little too complicated for my One Neuron Brain...

I'll try to think about it after a good night of sleep, it's beggining to be late... and work will be harsh tomorrow.

Have fun with this ep!

Kraco
Sun, 02-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I like where this is going right now. It might end with Hiromi, I suppose that would be kind of traditional, but for now I can still believe Noe will be the winner. She's the most interesting of the three. Hiromi could quit her sulking and become a decent sister.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't think they'll ever get over the fact that they're siblings. It's too much to overcome.

Knives122
Sun, 02-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Ugh, Ai just ruined any chance she had of getting with Shinichiro. I was routing her in this too.

KrayZ33
Mon, 02-18-2008, 05:01 AM
what the hell....

Noe wins the "cuteness" award
Ai wins the "i feel so sad for her" award
Miyokichi wins the "poor guy award"Shinichirō wins the "haha you are owned!" award
Hiromi wins the "i can't come up with another award" award
but she definitively wins something because i like her somehow

man,Shinichirō is in a reaaaaaally bad situation right now, 3 nice girls are longing for him (well 2 girls are to be exact, but its clear that Hiromi likes him too) i can't possible imagine the winner of Shinichirō heart right now.

Miyokichi has cleary lost his girlfriend to his best(!) friend now, but he knows that he can't be angry with Shinichirō because he never intended to take Ai away from him. It's good that he understands that.

its such a mess..... and i totally like it! awesome! outragoues! gorgeous! awkward! unbelievable! more,more,more!
i love it!

btw whats this "hey are you hungry?" - "no i don't feel like eating now.." - " OH MY GAWD, YOU SHOULD GO TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW!" about? its always funny to see that reaction in a anime when someone declines a request for eating something together.

edit: btw, this anime is licensed in the US right? what happens to me if i, who lives in germany, keep downloading this anime? is it actually legal or illegal??

MFauli
Wed, 02-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Is´ nicht legaler oder illegaler als bisher ;)

@topic:

Decided to watch this series, episode 1 yesterday, the rest up to episode 7 just now.

First of all, once again i have to say something about girls in "such" anime: I cannot stand (well, i can, since i watch it, but you get it) the behaviour of girls in all those romantic anime series. Be it Myself Yourself, Clannad, School Days or now this one.

I mean, i LOVE how they behave, but it´s just too unrealistic, in about any way. Girls in real life simply arent THAT cute and most importantly, obedient.
I´d love to know such girls, but i dont, and even then i doubt that about every Japanese girl is like that, which these anime shows at least imply.

Back to True Tears:

It´s enjoyable, but it lacked that something "special" within the first few episodes. Well, now it seems we´re having 2 cases of incest and one real bitch.
Really, im near tears with poor Miyokichi. I mean...WHY?!!?!?!?!
He´d do ANYTHING for stupid bitch Ai-chan, but she...betrays him.
Wah!
It´s the worst when nice guys lose.
The bad thing is, that most likely, Ai-chan will be rejected by Shinichiro, then realizes how nice Miyokichi acutally was and returns to him...and the poor fool even will accept that kind of dirty play. :-(

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Its a miracle but I actually agree with you about Ai-chan. Betraying miyokichi makes me lose all respect for her. I really dont understand the "go out with the bestfriend to get close to the one you like" strategy anyway. It doesnt make much sense. Getting swept away by the situation has its limits, and she clearly went over and above those when he agreed to date miyokichi (who is an incredibly nice guy, nicer than the main character IMHO).

The reason why they make harem shows is exactly because girls dont behave like that in real life. Its much like satisfying the fantasy for the viewers. Making it too realistic defeats the purpose.

MFauli
Thu, 02-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Btw, is the opening song available as download? i like it ;)

Kraco
Thu, 02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Sure it is.

OP Single - Nipponsei (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20true%20tears%20OP%20Single%20-%20Reflectia%20%5Beufonius%5D.zip.torrent)

MFauli
Thu, 02-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Ah, thanks much!

Also, when is usually the day a new episode is released?

David75
Thu, 02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Regarding Ai-Chan, it's only normal the way she reacts with miyokichi...
Because she doesn't even realize how serious he is. She probably even doesn't care much about him. She likes him as the guy who is the friend of the one she loves. It doesn't go further than this.

It's only a bit too late she realizes and is mad "Because he is too nice". It only backfires at her that she also is careless about someone with feelings, as much as Shinichiro is with her.

But honestly, if someone love you, but you have no feelings for them, there's not much you can do, except trying to cut links the quickest way... but that's only possible once you are aware of the "problem".
There's no way you would go further than "friendship" towards someone you have no more feelings than friendship.

So I do not feel Ai-chan is a bitch, rather she only came to realize what goes thru Miyokichi's mind and sees the mess she's in. It's still time to stop things abruptly, so that no deep scar remain.

Yukimura
Thu, 02-21-2008, 12:53 PM
@MFauli w.0.0.f usually releases sometime on the Sunday after it airs.

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Is´ nicht legaler oder illegaler als bisher ;)

so its a greyzone? i was caught for downloading music yesterday..... 6000 euros (if i m very unlucky)... yaaaaaaa..... (and no its not a fake "cease-and-desist warning" or something like that, its real 8[) you probably heard about "clemens rasch" before....

god i m so stupid. *sob*

@topic:

Decided to watch this series, episode 1 yesterday, the rest up to episode 7 just now.

First of all, once again i have to say something about girls in "such" anime: I cannot stand (well, i can, since i watch it, but you get it) the behaviour of girls in all those romantic anime series. Be it Myself Yourself, Clannad, School Days or now this one.

I mean, i LOVE how they behave, but it´s just too unrealistic, in about any way. Girls in real life simply arent THAT cute and most importantly, obedient.
I´d love to know such girls, but i dont, and even then i doubt that about every Japanese girl is like that, which these anime shows at least imply.

well thats the good thing in animes.... you see things which you normaly won't in real life :P

yet, i don't know how women act in japan... i heard that they are very respectful towards elder persons especially men, on the other hand, i don't know if it is true but that is what you see normally in nearly every movie or anime with japanese people in it.
(the "all girls love 1 man" plot is unrealistic :P but i m not sure if it is the same with the behavior)

Back to True Tears:

It´s enjoyable, but it lacked that something "special" within the first few episodes. Well, now it seems we´re having 2 cases of incest and one real bitch.
Really, im near tears with poor Miyokichi. I mean...WHY?!!?!?!?!
He´d do ANYTHING for stupid bitch Ai-chan, but she...betrays him.
Wah!
It´s the worst when nice guys lose.
The bad thing is, that most likely, Ai-chan will be rejected by Shinichiro, then realizes how nice Miyokichi acutally was and returns to him...and the poor fool even will accept that kind of dirty play. :-(

i don't think Ai-chan is a bitch, its just that she doesn't love him so much as she does shinichiro..
and on the other hand she doesn't really betray him, she already tried to tell Miyokichi 2 or 3 times that she doesn't "love" him, but Miyokichi doesn't want to hear that

i read somewhere that miyokichi is "more nicely" than shinichiro, i can't find it now but i m pretty sure someone said it (lol....), i don't think that's the case... shinichiro is a very nice person and even miyokichi says that, its not his fault that the women react the way they do, he tries his best to understand everyones feelings and positions and you can see clearly that he doesn't want to take Ai-chan away from miyokichi or anything like that and he doesn't go out with Noe because of her brother. He WANTS to go out with her because he feels something towards her.

its just a mess there right now, which is the thing i like about this series... its all so weird... nobody wants to hurt someones feelings but they can't avoid that.
Because of this, i can't wait for the next episode to come... i want to know what happens next and who will be the "winner" and what happens to the one who lost?
i m pretty sure that i'll cry in the end 8[

btw, why "2" cases of incest?

hiromi + shinichiro... and who else? Noe and her brother Oo?

MFauli
Thu, 02-21-2008, 04:33 PM
so its a greyzone? i was caught for downloading music yesterday..... 6000 euros (if i m very unlucky)... yaaaaaaa..... (and no its not a fake "cease-and-desist warning" or something like that, its real 8[) you probably heard about "clemens rasch" before....

god i m so stupid. *sob*

Wtf, dude >_<
Why do you download music, anyway. Of course that´s illegal anywhere in the world. Auweia...

btw, why "2" cases of incest?

hiromi + shinichiro... and who else? Noe and her brother Oo?

Of course.
I mean...how her brother had to held himself back from touching Noe´s face in that once scene...i dont doubt that there´s somthing on the way.

And i disagree with those who defend Ai-chan. She knew that she loved Shinichiro already when she accepted Miyokichi´s begging of going with him. At that point she should have declined Miyokichi, or even revealed her love for Shinichiro. Well, i dont know, but from what we saw it looks like they´re a couple for quite some time already, so the point of return is long overdue. I cant see Ai-chan as anything else than a bitch, sorry.

Oh, and i hate Shinichiro´s mum. Whatever there happened in the past, it´s got NOTHING to do with Hiromi, who´s just a nice girl. I hate such stupid people, who take their rage towards a honest person.

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Wtf, dude >_<
Why do you download music, anyway. Of course that´s illegal anywhere in the world. Auweia...

no its not, it was ilegal to share your files (i forgot to decline the share-request one day, and thats when they caught me...
since 1.1.2008 downloading is also prohibited.. but before only upload was not alowed and my lawyer confirmed it.

to the "hate mom" part...

yes i agree.... the thing i hate the most about her is that she keeps saying "you look like your mother" "your face is that of your mothers" WTF? WHO CARES?.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-21-2008, 08:07 PM
The reason why Ai-chan is a bitch is because she agreed to go out with Miyokichi knowing full well that she likes Shinichiro (and a lot for that matter)

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-22-2008, 03:40 PM
well but its not like she played with his feelings..

she didn't want to hurt his feelings, well she made the wrong decision but i can't blame her for that.... maybe she thought that shinichrio is unreachable and wanted to try things out.

Yukimura
Fri, 02-22-2008, 04:05 PM
If you say you'll go out with someone and continue to let them think you're their girlfriend (by not denying it) then you are playing with their feelings.

She doesn't seem dense enough to not know how he felt about her, and he looked pretty shocked when she told him that she didn't return his feelings. Whatever her reasons for not telling him, she was wrong to willfully let him keep thinking something that wasn't the case. If she was trying to spare his feelings of figure out her own I can understand, but I don't think that absolves her of blame for the deception.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Exactly.

Kraco
Sun, 02-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Something that wasn't the case:

Episode 8 h264 - w.0.0.f (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4708)
Episode 8 xvid - w.0.0.f (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4709)

TheBladeChild
Sun, 02-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Im about to start this series, anyone recommend a particular sub group?

Board of Command
Sun, 02-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Just what I have been waiting for all day. Nigga thank you.

animus
Sun, 02-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Ruh roh. Is Hiromi doing what I think she's doing in the preview? Feels like another Kimi ga Nozomu Eien reenactment.

Kraco
Sun, 02-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Hiromi is getting kind of poisonous. But it looks like she noticed it and wants to leave the house before she really becomes a bad person. However, it's hard to see where else she could go just like that.

I like Noe more and more, episode by episode. She's an awesome character. The kind of person who always would make you inspired and happy and above all make sure there doesn't exist a boring moment. I say inspired also because she thinks out of the box and that should be important for anybody doing creative work.

But seeing how there are still some episodes left I wouldn't be surprised if Noe gets her tears by being left behind, and Shinichiro chooses the moody Hiromi who makes sure there won't be a single entirely happy and bright day in his life and darkness always looms in the corners ready to make an appearance.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-24-2008, 07:22 PM
I thought the motorcycle would slip and hit Noe on the way, putting her into a coma.

KGNE: True Tears

Yukimura
Sun, 02-24-2008, 09:06 PM
@TheBladeChild: Rozen-NiceBoat for keeping, w.0.0.f is fine for watching.

EDIT @Below: Fixed.

Board of Command
Sun, 02-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I think you meant to address TheBladeChild...

KrayZ33
Mon, 02-25-2008, 08:02 AM
I thought the motorcycle would slip and hit Noe on the way, putting her into a coma.

KGNE: True Tears

ninomiya-kun!

btw, who was that boy in the end? (the one fighting with shinichrio? its not someone we know yet or am i wrong?)

oh man i wish this series had more episodes than just 12... :(

MFauli
Mon, 02-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Ah, all the things that are about to happen...

From the looks, if Hiromi and Ai-chan would let go, there could be a happy end soon. Nut it seem we´re on for a nice tragedy, started by Hiromi (suicid attempt?), and im sure an Ai-chan arc will follow. Blah...

Though Hiromi really seemed bitter in this episode...i see potential in her becoming a Katsura ;)

KrayZ33
Mon, 02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
actually.... i still want hiromi and shinichiro to get together, but then on the other side, i don't want a sad Noe..

what shall i dooo what can i doooo...hohoo *sob*
(other than waiting for another week and episode of course)

and then there is a crying Ai-chan too... Shinichiro, go and use Kage-Bushin!

David75
Mon, 02-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I do not really like the association Noe does beetween Shinichiro and Raigomaru.
Cause she's the instinctive one, the one connected to the elements, and it may be a very bad omen for Shinichiro who could be killed before he's able to fly into the sky...

MFauli
Mon, 02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, but if you think about it, Shinichiro and Noe would be the only way this series could end with a happy end.

Shinichiro + Noe
Miyokichi + Ai
"Brother" + Hiromi

So, if Shinichiro chooses anyone else, someone will be sad...well, Miyokichi could go with Noe or Hiromi, and Brother with Ai, but that would be out of nowhere.

KrayZ33
Mon, 02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
well maybe someone dies by "accident" xD

and its not like animes always have a happy end... most of the time, the endings are so fucked up and weird that it makes my cry (sometimes for real and sometimes because it is a very bad and stupid ending.~~)

since hiromi goes to a town "where it doesn't snow" she probably went to africa(on a scooter)..noe,ai-chan,shinichiro,Miyokichi follow them and you know in africa.... there is polygamy ^^

oh wait, they don't have to go that far! they could go to india or new zealand(?)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Polygamy_world_map.png

perfect happy end! "free love" for everyone

Board of Command
Mon, 02-25-2008, 06:18 PM
You can't get anywhere outside of Japan on a motorcycle unless your motorcycle can go so fast that you can jump across the ocean with it.

It's not impossible, but the riders would probably die from that kind of acceleration.

David75
Tue, 02-26-2008, 12:56 AM
They can always board a boat with the motocycle :rolleyes:

But I do not feel they'll fuck the end up. At least I hope so.

As of yet, the mishaps are Hiromi's mother happenings we are not sure of,
Hiromi's nightmare where she is alone at night on a road and she's scared of being alone,
Raigomaru's death
Noe's grandma death.

So yes, even though this show seems like being peaceful and slow, there's plenty of room for very strong mishaps.

But I hope they find something better than that...

Board of Command
Tue, 02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
They can always board a boat with the motocycle :rolleyes:
That takes all the excitement out of it, as well as making it way too realistic a scenario for anime.

KrayZ33
Tue, 02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
That takes all the excitement out of it, as well as making it way too realistic a scenario for anime.

how about

they drive (or sneak) into a military-airplane used to transport tanks and maybe armored personnel carriers ...

we all know that every military-airplane will fly either to iraq or somewhere in africa, so when they are flying over some specific place, they open the hatch and jump out of the plane on their motorcycle with parachutes.

chance-o-meter:
[---------------------x---]

Board of Command
Tue, 02-26-2008, 05:48 PM
They drive onto the plane but found out that it's actually carrying Gundams. The Gundam people kick #4 off the plane and keep Hiromi, who eventually turns into a coldblooded Gundam pilot (ala Shin Asuka). Meanwhile, #4 gets severely injured but manages to survive. His goal in life is to find Hiromi, and in the process he becomes a mobile suit pilot as well. Eventually he gets into a fight (in mobile suits) against Hiromi and they kill each other. Many years have passed, and they suddenly realize they've found each other and die a happy death.

chance-o-meter:
[-------------------------] x

KrayZ33
Tue, 02-26-2008, 06:48 PM
no no no you are getting it wrong... if one of them dies, noe and shinichiro will break up too!

this would be impossible.

Board of Command
Tue, 02-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Many years would have passed and Shinichiro would have already forgotten about that agreement.

It's flawless.

Kraco
Wed, 02-27-2008, 02:30 AM
Unfortunately the whole thing was set up for a sad end from the beginning because Noe told she was looking for tears and that Shinichiro was the one to find them for her. I have a feeling the writers won't consider this story finished unless she finds them. I'm afraid I won't like the ending unless Shinichiro stays with Noe but it seems somewhat unlikely. Unless there's just a soft ending with a real danger of them separating and that's enough for Noe to cry.

In general, though, there have been plenty of series around in recent years that have sought endings different from the norm.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Or it could do a boomerang, where Shinichiro is forced to go to his "sister" for a bit, and then eventually returns to Noe, and she cries tears of joy in surprise.

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-28-2008, 08:08 AM
i prefer my own suggestion, it sounds more convincing.

peh, well since shinichiro's father is a sake-grower, they'll probably get drunk in the end and celebrate a big orgy.

well i m not sure about the former though...

MFauli
Thu, 02-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Okay, could we stop funny predictions and go back to topic?

As for my thoughts, Shinichiro will get closer to Noe, have secret sex with Ai-chan, and all that while Hiromi thinks she´s his real girl friend.
That will then end in Ai-chan moving to a different town, Noe killing Shinichro, saying "After all, you are no Raigoumaru...", and Hiromi finding Shinichiro´s dead corpse, who cuts off the corpse´s arms, then arranges a meeting with Noe an school roof, shows her the arms that she brought within a bag, saying "now...he´ll...never be able TO FLY!", and when Noe realizes it, it´s too late, as Hiromi threw her off the building. And at the end, the screen becomes black, with Hiromi saying "Stupid little thing...you couldnt fly either".

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Thats actually,,, very funny. Either that or Im wasted.

KrayZ33
Thu, 02-28-2008, 12:41 PM
ok.. i can't stop laughing now xD

the part with the black screen > all
i can't believe you came up with that by yourself.... where did you see it before ^^?

MFauli
Thu, 02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
You may watch this series: http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14898

Though i hope you wont become a dis-believer of Itou like some here....haha, School Days, the series that changed everything.

Yukimura
Thu, 02-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Lol the best part of MFauli's 'speculation' is that after School Days I would totally accept it as an ending. There would need to be a lot more flip flopping by Shinichiro to really bring out the crazy in all the girls, but with them all showing hints of strss induced mental instability already some extra pushing in the next few eps could reasonably lead to a Nice Boat ending. However Hiromi would definitely knife Shinichiro's mom at the same time Noe was knifing him.

Everon
Fri, 02-29-2008, 04:38 PM
uggg don't make me remember School Days, I ended up feeling so sick when I saw that last episode. I really hope this series doesn't end like that!

Yukimura
Sun, 03-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Just watched fake tears of True Tears - 09 (IRC only for now it seems). I'm not sure why they bother calling it fake they tl about 90% of the material and only leave out stuff that's ultimately unimportant. Basic impressions are too much got resolved and I'm not happy about it. However there were some surprises in the resolutions that were pretty interesting so we'll see if they go somewhere in the last eps.

Everon
Sun, 03-02-2008, 07:18 AM
w00f's and moetaku have released.

[SPOILERS]
I disagree, Yukimura. If anything, this new development has advanced the plot. It gives the love triangle more time to shape. If Hiromi had learned the truth at the very end, you'd end up with a cramped final episode and more time traps.

Kraco
Sun, 03-02-2008, 09:38 AM
The links Everon forgot to post:

Episode 9 HD - w.0.0.f (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4829)
Episode 9 xvid - w.0.0.f (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4826)

The Japanese are strange. A guy crashes his bike on some random road somewhere when avoiding a rabbit and gets suspended for two weeks by his school. I suppose if he had driven over the animal he would have been complimented... I think anywhere else teachers would have just said good thing you are okay if even that. It's not like the whole school would have heard of it anyway. Bad luck the bike was burnt but shit happens. Doesn't have anything to do with the school, though.

This series is starting to get pretty melancholic. Or maybe it's just that Noe is sad and giving up and I don't like it. I have no idea what's going to happen next. The mother stated Hiromi is their child, so if Shinichiro now starts to woo her, he'll be getting together with his sister. Not biological but anyway.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Its not just the crash that got them suspended. Its why they crashed. Like the guy said before, riding a bike on the snow is suicide, and doing something so reckless does deserve punishment, if only to prevent them from doing it again.

Everon
Sun, 03-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I don't forget, just getting too lazy. Afterall, its not hard to find the links and ddls.

MFauli
Sun, 03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, rather boring episode, quite nothing happened.
Though Hiromi not being Shinichiro´s biological sister opens up new possibilities.

Yet, i have to say, if Hiromi and Shinichiro end up as the final couple, it´s too obvious by now. And i still think, that Shinichiro getting Noe is the only possibilty of all of them becoming happy.

Kraco
Sun, 03-02-2008, 01:54 PM
One thing this episode made me wonder is how Noe is going to get her tears. It looked to me like she already gave up, saying Shinichiro could fly elsewhere. Doesn't that mean she thinks he could fly with Hiromi? If that's so, then she can't anymore really feel sad for losing Shinichiro and she wasn't crying yet in this episode, at least not that I'd have noticed, and I think since she's looking for tears, it would be a major scene when it happened. Unless Shinichiro and Noe really get together (again) nearing the end of the series and she will cry of happiness.

Otherwise I think it would be somewhat unstylish if she's going to cry alone bitterly if Shinichiro and Hiromi start dating and she sees them somewhere. But who knows. This episode didn't really give great many answers. Actually it kind of returned things to square one.

David75
Sun, 03-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I wonder if the be able to fly thing is a metaphor for having sex for the first time...

animus
Sun, 03-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Why did the Mother lie to Hiromi about the child of her husband thing? Seems like a random way to resolve it. She shouldn't be mad, it's just a girl coming to live with them. Or does the mom crave her son's attention all for herself or something odd.

Kraco
Sun, 03-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Well, it's still not impossible she hated Hiromi's mother for whatever reason. Maybe she just lied about the relationship - for convenience's sake or something.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Why did the Mother lie to Hiromi about the child of her husband thing? Seems like a random way to resolve it. She shouldn't be mad, it's just a girl coming to live with them. Or does the mom crave her son's attention all for herself or something odd.

hmmm i m not even sure wether she told the truth now or not... its really weird at the moment, can't they just do a blood test or something? (and since they didn't do one yet, doesn't it mean that it is not necessary? and it pretty much certain that hiromi is not his daughter?)
and it happened way to fast to be real for me, well maybe on the other hand, she could have realized that she cares for hiromi when she disappeared together with shinichiro.. it made *click* and now she loves her ;o..... well thats pretty lame ^^

maybe the next episodes tell us more but if it is treated just like that, then i have to say this is the worst scene or lets say "chapter" in the (otherwise really good) anime.

Well, rather boring episode, quite nothing happened.

well thats a funny thing to say since this is one of the most suspenseful episode.. a accident, a fight (why did they fight actually?), and a new "challanger" (again), and a "what-is-going-to-happen-now"-situation

MFauli
Sun, 03-02-2008, 07:49 PM
What i always hate is that in the end, the main character can only get one girl.
I know that this is something totally unrealistic, but what IF he really loves two girls (like Noe and Hiromi) equally? Why cant they all live together? Its an anime, anyway, so it doesnt have to be completely reallife-like.
Im certain many of you will disagree with me, but imo you CAN love more than one person. And i wonder why no anime chooses such a real happy end (because otherwise there´s alway a scene where one of the girls that wasnt chosen has to suffer). Yeah, i know, wanting 2 girls at the same time sounds dickhead-ish, but at least in the world of anime it would be believably that the main character really loves them from heart.

Sorry, that´s rather generel, and not really only relating to True Tears ^^

Board of Command
Sun, 03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Well, it's still not impossible she hated Hiromi's mother for whatever reason. Maybe she just lied about the relationship - for convenience's sake or something.
This seems to be the case. She had a problem with Hiromi's mother for whatever reason and was taking it out on Hiromi.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-02-2008, 09:36 PM
@Mfauli - You should watch Maburaho then. Its not exactly what you want, but its a decent compromise.

I actually agree with you in the possibility to love 2 people at the same time, but society (at least most of it) is not so open-minded. That is why they simply cant condone that type of ending and make it happy and positive, especially considering the audience for this type of show. Even School Days, with its theme of violence and infidelity, ended badly for most (or all?) of the characters. They do the type of ending you want in a lot of hentai though.

In any case, I want Shinichiro to end up with Noe, but I dont want her to get back her tears simply because of that fact. Being Noe (meaning an absolute weirdo in the cutest way possible), I hope she will ask Shinichiro to express his love for her again in a concrete manner. Shinichiro will then show her the completed picture book, with a story that has so much impact, maybe something that relates to Noe's situation as well, then the tears come in.

David75
Mon, 03-03-2008, 01:07 AM
In our Christian Societies, polygamy is rare... very rare.
It does happen, but not that much.

I don't know for Asia. And I don't know if it's in the mood of this anime.

As others, I feel that this 180° turn from Schinichiro's mother hides something.

I just got an idea... The father says it's impossible Schinichiro and Hiromi are siblings.
However, he doesn't say he isn't Hiromi's father.
I know, that last one is a bit stretched...

Yukimura
Mon, 03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
@MFauli in at least one of the endings to the School Days game Makoto ends up with both Sekai and Katsura (both pregnant). I agree it would be nice if a show managed to acknowledge that people can love more than one person at the same time, though to make it believe able all three participants would have to like each other, which would require some bisexuality which I think rules it out for most anime.

But getting back to True Tears, I am just not comfortable with the mom's sudden change of heart as well as Noe's apparent willingness to give up Shinichiro to Hiromi. I suppose it could be that the mom feels guilty and finally realized it but it's going to need some explanation. But Noe is a weird anime girl, and accepting that a guy you love doesn't love you as much as he loves another girl is not something weird anime girls are supposed to do.

The way I see this playing out, Hiromi and Shinichiro give going out a shot and find out they don't have as much in common as they thought and break up, making Shinichiro sad (since it'll be Hiromi who decides she doesn't want to be with Shinichiro after all). Shinichiro's misery will give Noe a chance to swoop in and cheer him up, taking his tears and crying for his broken heart.

Everon
Mon, 03-03-2008, 10:27 PM
@Yukimura: Actually I think the change isn't that sudden. I think the mother was spiteful (at Hiromi's mother) long ago and simply forgot about thier conversation. Hiromi, however, did not -- and so things the Mother said were intensified and sounded more hurtful than they should of. Only recently, the mother seems to have realized that her comments were taken as harsh criticisms and got extremely worried. Who goes running out in the middle of the night wearing flip flops?

The burning of the photobook -- I think Shinichiro's mom wanted to forget her old suspicions. She didn't want to show that side of herself.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I caught up over the course of a few days after seeing how much activity this thread was getting. Seems that I was missing out.

I have to side with Yuki, at least some of it. The mother's change of heart is abrupt, but it isn't totally out of place. She has been nasty to Hiromi since she came into the house. We have no idea exactly why she hated Hiromi's mother, but she was putting Hiromi in Hiromi's mother's place and taking it all out on her. Was the adultery unfounded suspicions? Perhaps we will never know for sure now that they have quickly resolved it.

The changeover is far to abrupt for me. That much hate and vehemence was invested in the way she treated Hiromi. The way Hiromi has acted as a result of the Shin'ichiro/Noe situation indicates to me that Hiromi is not the sort to simply forgive so easily. Yet, all problems are cleared up with "Oh, so you like that kind of music too?"

Bullshit. Unless Hiromi's behavior towards Noe was some form of living up to the character that Shin'ichiro's mother was putting on her, it should not have ended that smoothly, or that quickly.
-----------------------------------

I would also like to see Noe 'win' in the end. Sure, she's a little weird, but she comes off just feeling "right." Shin'ichiro and Noe just seem to fit, though perhaps not as good as Aiko and he fit (but that issue has probably already been discussed to death).

I've got some bad memories of Kaori Nazuka's (Hiromi) characters and series dealbreaker harem endings.

David75
Sat, 03-08-2008, 03:17 AM
One of the schockes could be that Shinichiro's father isn't the one at home...

Kraco
Sat, 03-08-2008, 03:27 AM
The changeover is far to abrupt for me. That much hate and vehemence was invested in the way she treated Hiromi. The way Hiromi has acted as a result of the Shin'ichiro/Noe situation indicates to me that Hiromi is not the sort to simply forgive so easily. Yet, all problems are cleared up with "Oh, so you like that kind of music too?"

Bullshit. Unless Hiromi's behavior towards Noe was some form of living up to the character that Shin'ichiro's mother was putting on her, it should not have ended that smoothly, or that quickly.

I don't know. The house is the only home for her for now, and thus I see no practical reason for her to make it any worse by holding grudges. Sure, she was maltreated but it's not like openly hating the mother would somehow make the past and future better for Hiromi. I'm no "turn your other cheek" kind of person but neither I'm one of those who would willingly create a hell for themselves just in order to hate somebody. We don't really know where Hiromi stands here.

However, with Noe she doesn't have such high stakes. The only thing hating Noe could cause her would be to make Shin'ichiro suspect her integrity. However, she caught herself acting so cheaply and regretted it, so it's reasonable to think it was partly caused by her troubles at home (Shin'ichiro's mother) and it wasn't entirely her own personality speaking.

MFauli
Sat, 03-08-2008, 07:39 AM
One of the schockes could be that Shinichiro's father isn't the one at home...

That´s what i thought of, too.
Until now, it was implied that Hiromi is, well, like the bastard-child. But actually...you know, Hiromi looks exactly like Shinichiro´s mother.

David75
Sat, 03-08-2008, 10:57 AM
That´s what i thought of, too.
Until now, it was implied that Hiromi is, well, like the bastard-child. But actually...you know, Hiromi looks exactly like Shinichiro´s mother.

It's very hard for a mother not to know who their baby/childrens are, unless there was a mistake/plot right after the birth to replace the baby.

For a man though, you can't always be sure who the father is, unless you have DNA tested...

I could perfectly understand Shinichiro's mother hating Hiromi and her mother so much just because she believe Hiromi's mother add an intercourse with her husband. And sometimes her hatred may even be greater if she did the same...

Let's be tricky:
Shinichiro's mother thinks she has been cheated.
She's so angry that she decides to do the same and have a sexual relation with another man.
The thing is that she gets pregnant with that man.
To spice things a bit, that man is Hiromi's biological father...
All of this hapening when she hasn't even been cheated in the first place, but she does not know.
Hiromi's mother dies. Shinichiro's mother still holds deep hatred and transfer it upon Hiromi. She's so angry thinking she has been cheated, she cheated too and not sure who Shinichiro's father is that Hiromi really gets full hatred.
At some point, the man she lives with, thought to be Shinichiro's father explains her how impossible it is he cheated on her.

Tada, Shinichiro's mother switches because the origin of her hatred disapears.
She quiets even more because she did really cheat on her husband... and there's a bonus prize...

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-08-2008, 01:34 PM
The attempt at logic above is beyond me....I don't think I'm going to even try to comment on it.

The reason she reverted appears to be that when Hiromi ran off, right after the Shin's father told her to stop being so harsh to Hiromi, "she's our child too now..."

The mother seems to have suddenly decided how worried she is about Hiromi, perhaps shocked that "her child" would run off on a snowy day and get into an accident. Lame, cheap, but that's how it looks like it was written.

David75
Sat, 03-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I admitt I may have been a little too far, since this show is always quite balanced in everything, even when events are not that balanced.
It's more like a pastel painting, you may have strong lines, but in the end everything is soft.

However, it would be nice something strong happens.

MFauli
Sat, 03-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Well, i didnt mean that Shinichiro´s mother doesnt know that Hiromi is her daughter. Rather that she knows, but that Hiromi was a child with another man.S´s mother had let go of her daughter, and due to some reason (hatred towards the father of Hiromi or having accepted that Hiromi is away) now showed her the cold shoulder.

But of course there could be some dramatic past with memory loss of S´s mother about having given birth to a daughter ;)

MFauli
Sun, 03-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Moetaku-version of episode 10 is online, is that sub group any good?

Yukimura
Sun, 03-09-2008, 09:44 PM
w.0.0.f < Moetaku < Rozen-NiceBoat.

True Tears - 10 (1280x720 H.264) - Moetaku] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=4974)
True Tears - 10 (H.264) - [Moetaku] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=4976)
True Tears - 10 (XviD) - [Moetaku] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=4975)

True Tears - 10 (XviD) - [w.0.0.f] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4991)
True Tears - 10 (1280x720 H.264) - [w.0.0.f] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=4992)

Board of Command
Sun, 03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Moetaku > w00f? Really? I've never watched any of their releases.

Yukimura
Sun, 03-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I've found that to be the case, however since I find Rozen superior to both and w00f is usually out first I haven't watched a Moetaku release since ep 1 or 2. However I did notice the massive increase in quality between what I'm used to seeing watching w00f first and Moetaku's ep 10, it actually made me pause and think about it for a second.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-10-2008, 04:22 AM
I just hope the title for the next episode will be a line said by Hiromi and not Noe.

Kraco
Mon, 03-10-2008, 04:31 AM
I started with m33w and have since noticed no problems so I'll stick to w00f . I generally prefer to have the whole series from the same subber for consistency's sake, and I also try to avoid having to redownloads (for archiving) if possible and if it doesn't mean overly long waits.

MFauli
Mon, 03-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Hm, i cant say that i liked the events of this episode too much :-/

Miyokichi giving in to Ai-chan, Miyokichi approaching Noe, Shinichiro approaching or rather confessing to Hiromi...lol, actually it really evolves into what i formerly wrote is unlikely: Miyokichi getting Noe, Shinichiro HIromi, and somehow Ai-chan approaches Noe´s brother...meh...

Board of Command
Mon, 03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
I started with m33w and have since noticed no problems so I'll stick to w00f . I generally prefer to have the whole series from the same subber for consistency's sake, and I also try to avoid having to redownloads (for archiving) if possible and if it doesn't mean overly long waits.
That's what I tend to to as well. I also tend to stick to the most "Japanese"-style subs given that the releases are decent quality.

(i.e. last name first, first name last)

David75
Sun, 03-16-2008, 11:25 AM
True Tears 11 mkv HD w00f
http://www.mininova.org/get/1245999

True Tears 11 Xvid SD w00f
http://www.mininova.org/get/1246001

MFauli
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Will 13 be the last episode?

Anyway, now the Miyokichi and Ai-chan are kinda settled, there are like 3 possible endings:

- Shinichiro and Noe, and Number 4 and Hiromi
- Shinichiro and Hiromi, and the others are unhappy
- Shinichiro and Hiromi, and Number 4 and Noe and some delicious incest, lol

Or should i also throw in the wild card, Shinichiro getting killed by one of the girls or number 4 ? ^^

This episode left things quite open, anyways.

Yukimura
Sun, 03-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Damn, I really want a nice boat ending. I was hoping Noe would just take Jibeta and jump off a bridge but I don't think we're going to be so lucky. Despite Hiromi's increasingly moody and obscure reactions to mundane things I still want her to end up with Shin'ichiro.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't know, I can't stand Hiromi. Call it what you like, obligation, not wanting to embarrass the family that took him in, shame, Hiromi has had a laundry list of reasons not to approach Shin'ichiro. But the second he moves even the slightest bit away from her (towards Noe) she becomes a manipulative bitch. Perhaps not in the really...nice boat kind of way, but she certainly became everything that Shin'ichiro's mother had accused her Hiromi's mother of being. "You really are that woman's daughter," she had said, and for a time it was true. Disregarding the fact of whether Hiromi's mother actually was like that, Hiromi was living up to the lie.

She would provoke Shin'ichiro, then rebuke him just as quickly. Say nasty things to Noe, make everyone suspicious, lie to and guilt trip Shin'ichiro when she felt like he wasn't going for her little traps. She "doesn't remember" the festival years ago, despite it being one of her most vivid memories. Why? To make him feel bad for no reason, like such childish memories are beneath her.

Noe was always more open, and that trust is what creates the strongest relationships. She barely knew Shin'ichiro at all, but told him several of her secrets, confided in him, and showed a great deal of enthusiasm for following his dream of writing books.

Hiromi, though she's reformed lately, was always surrounded with her own lies and inherent mistrust.

------------------
Despite all that, I still always liked Aiko the best. I blame the tight school uniform offset by the proprietress' working uniform. Simple and pure, but not quite as much as Noe. A little dumb though, taking the roundabout way to try to get to a man's heart. At least she was honest with herself sooner.

She was a lost cause from the beginning, but I'm always a sucker for those types.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I was hoping Noe would just take Jibeta and jump off a bridge but I don't think we're going to be so lucky.

eh? eh? thats EXACTLY what i thought when she talked with jibeta and said those words about "i ll let you fly"

ok, good to know that i m not the only one who is this weird

well i still hope hiromi and shinchirou get together in the end.... and if not then at least PLEASE not number 4 + hiromi... i hate this guy so much, he's annoying and stupid + weird.

i don't like Noe so much anymore... the whole stuff with "raigomaru" is getting on my nerves, why can't she tell him clearly what she thinks of him and always compares him with a chicken? who likes to be compared to a chicken?

btw the bad ending of the picture book is pretty good.. i like this stuff it tells you so much more than a normal happy ending.. you can interpret many things in it and you always have a certain feeling (which i can't explain) when reading/seeing such an ending.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-19-2008, 12:41 AM
That is what makes Noe so great. She is honest and direct, but only through a chicken. OK, that came out wrong. What I mean is, she isnt roundabout because she is afraid or because she is diabolical, but because its her personality. She has been like that from the beginning, and Im pretty sure Shinichiro isnt dumb enough not to know what she feels (he has done a good job guessing so far without Noe having to tell him anything directly). Noe without her chicken obsession isnt Noe at all, only some cliche airhead girl. Her words have always carried a lot of meaning, and strange enough, she is extremely perceptive when it comes to Shinichiro. What I am trying to say is, Noe FTW.

@Ryll - You preach the truth about that demoness. She is a bitch, simply put. Selfish, arrogant, fake, hypocritical, what else can I say? I mean, she even considered not calling Shinichiro about Noe's disappearance, knowing full well running away in such weather can be fatal (especially from personal experience). She has done a good job fooling most of the characters in the show, especially Shinichiro and some viewers, but not Noe. Well, its obvious Shinichiro is going to end up with Noe no matter what though.

I used to like Ai-chan, then hated her for her actions towards Miyokichi. But I guess her decision of being the one to bow her head this time deserves some props.

Kraco
Wed, 03-19-2008, 03:29 AM
Well, its obvious Shinichiro is going to end up with Noe no matter what though.

With Noe? I thought it's obvious he's going to end up with Hiromi, as much as I wanted that it would be Noe. Of course I wouldn't mind if they bent the tradition a bit and still chose Noe. I haven't much liked Hiromi during this show. In the end it would even make some sense since Hiromi was his interest mainly out of childhood memories and some sort of idolization. I mean, he didn't actually know Hiromi that well anymore during the time period of this show. It didn't look like he even interacted that much with her before this very end.

David75
Wed, 03-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Considering Ai did finally go to Miyokichi, Schinichiro going to Noe isn't unlikely at all.

But that would make twice the same kind of development, so maybe the scenarist wouldn't follow that path.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Noe is the obvious choice for two reasons:

1) She is the main female character. I say so because of three reasons
- The title is true tears, and she is the only one with a direct relation to it
- She is walking at the very front in the ending theme (not a certain indicator, but it helps)
- Most pictures for true tears have her as the center of attention

2) The "confession" to Hiromi was two episodes too early
- If he was going to end up with her, it will be placed most likely in the end as a climax
- Shinichiro has time to come to his senses, which has already begun in this episode

I would like to add that Hiromi is a bitch, especially in this episode. The guy never ends up with the bitch, no matter how close they seem to be (points to Shuffle! as an example).

Kraco
Wed, 03-19-2008, 05:42 AM
But that would make twice the same kind of development, so maybe the scenarist wouldn't follow that path.

It would actually make quite a beautiful plot if Shinichiro realised Hiromi isn't, after all, the one he likes. Because like I said in the previous post, the reason why he (thinks he) likes Hiromi isn't even something that happened during this show. So, it would have been possible, had there been more episodes, to make him first dream of Hiromi, but get with Noe because of the deal, then switch to Hiromi but eventually realise he didn't love the real Hiromi but the image of her he had in his mind. That could then lead him to find out he cares for the real Noe he actually knows.

David75
Mon, 03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
True Tears 12 SD
http://www.mininova.org/get/1266870

True Tears 12 HD
http://www.mininova.org/get/1266869

Enjoy

animus
Mon, 03-24-2008, 10:27 AM
You linked the same torrent

This would be the right link for HD (http://www.mininova.org/tor/1266869)

David75
Mon, 03-24-2008, 11:47 AM
You linked the same torrent

This would be the right link for HD (http://www.mininova.org/tor/1266869)

Made the correction, I'll have to see for myself how features do really work here, thanks.

And for the ep, only one word, from the bottom of my heart and surprise that made my heart ache:

Ouch!

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
As much as I still think she's an atrocious bitch, Hiromi cleans up very nicely in a kimono. The look wouldn't suit either of our other heroines.

Lots of good things in this episode. Most of Noe's actions this episode made my heart ache, especially the ending. But, Hiromi's did the same as well. I could see her and Shin'ichiro together at the end of the series in this episode, although I'm still rooting for Noe.

Aiko underperformed in this episode, but her development is all over at this point.

Lastly, the Mugiha dance sequences were very impressive.

KrayZ33
Mon, 03-24-2008, 07:41 PM
lol she's like: "i can fly!! i can flyyyy!!!... no NOOOOOOOOO" really, it is too bad. that she didn't start fluttering with her arms when she was about to hit the ground.

i don't understand shinichiro btw.. why is he going after Noe now? can't he make up his mind?
i think at the moment he goes for Noe out of pitifulness..

the part with Noe's brothers was really interesting.. somehow i feel sad for him.

i can't wait to see the next and last ( :( ) episode.

btw i like this traditional dancing.. well maybe because everyone was wearing a sword and a sakkat but the drums made a nice beat

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Shin'ichiro is going after Noe now because he realized that in the time that Hiromi was being cold to him, he's grown closer to Noe. As he said, he picked up drawing for Hiromi (to remove her tears), he was doing the Mugiha dance to live up to his father, taking over the distillery to satisfy his mother, but he had never done anything for himself.

Playing around with Noe and writing the book was for her too, but it was the only thing he did because he really wanted to. He wanted her to see the completed book. He wanted to fulfill her silly little dream of a chicken flying through his artwork.

-------------------------------------
That's one explanation anyway.

Though, for those Hiromi fans (which I may considering joining solely for seeing her in a kimono), they are closer now that she has moved out. Their relationship was fairly inappropriate by Japanese standards (even for anime/manga) with her living in the same house. She was cold to him, trying her best to not bring shame upon the entire family that took her in.

Now, Hiromi can finally be open in her feelings to him. They do have the longest past together. He wants to make her happy, and she has always longed for him the most. Vying for his attention, crying when he is not beside her.

It's also possible that Noe is more of a catalyst for Shin'ichiro to realize what he truly wanted. That she's only helping him to "look forward and fly."

---------------------------
But...Noe has slowly fallen for Shin'ichiro. He's the only person who has tried to get close to her since her grandmother died. And he believes in all the fairy tales Noe tells herself.

He did want Hiromi. He grew to like Noe. So, the ending all depends on one thing. What Shin'ichiro wants now.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-24-2008, 08:33 PM
And that is Noe, that is, if her wings are still attached after that fall. Its a good thing the preview didn't spoil anything this time, unlike some other anime.

MFauli
Mon, 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM
At this point i think he´ll end up with Noe. Though that ruins the imo more interesting ending, where Noe ends up with her brother...yeah, fuck the law, love knows no boundaries, and her brother really didnt seem like some creepy pervert who´s just after his sister´s pussy.

But i really dont see him choosing Hiromi...their last scene together felt so...cold. "Are you angry?" - "N...no...."

I found the dance scenes to be a bit ridiculous, because at one point a guy from the audience said, the lead dancer, Shinichiro, got better...well, i know it´s because of money and development costs, but...THEY ALL HAD THE VERY SAME ANIMATION xD

Anyway, im excited for the last episode. My perfect, and weird :P ending pairings prediction:

Shinichiro and Hiromi
Noe and Jun
Miyokichi and Ai-chan

shinta|hikari
Tue, 03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
I think they were speaking about the dancing in consideration of his previous level or skill, not just in comparison to the other dancers.

Noe and Jun = MURI
Shinichiro and Hiromi = almost impossible by now

Everon
Fri, 03-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Holy shit, the crazy girl took flight.

Not going to make any predictions for the last episode. My Harem ending got completely squashed in episode 11.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Last episode out!

[w00f] Episode 13 Xvid (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=5361)
[w00f] Episode 13 H264 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=5366)

Lots of things happen in a short amount of time.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-30-2008, 06:47 AM
The bait and switch!

They really went all out to make Hiromi a sex object in the last two episodes. First the kimono, now the perfect split for absolutely no reason.

However, unlike Canvas2 (series I loathe beyond most others) where a Kaori Nazuka-voiced character steals victory from the jaws of defeat set up over the course of an entire 24 episode series, I didn't really hate Hiromi for winning out in the end. The writers did a good job of winning me over in only two episodes.

I'd be lying if I said the kimono and the 180 split weren't part of that, but this episode did quite a lot in winning me over completely. Take the previous episode were Hiromi was acting like the bitch she's been all season to Noe. Proclaiming Shin'ichiro to be solely hers, saying occasionally nasty things to Noe, acting unlike herself to get Shin'ichiro. Basically living up to everything that Shin'ichiro's mother said she was becoming, even after his mother admitted that was all a total lie. It's hard to avoid becoming what everyone says you are.

However, Hiromi didn't stop this episode either. The lie with the coffee cup as a method of seducing Shin'ichiro, showing up at his house afterwards, etc. Only here, when he called her out on it, she remarked on her own behavior and called it disgusting. I believe she realized that she was taking advantage of her proximity to him, and simultaneously pushing him away and playing hard to get.

She redeemed herself pretty fast. I'd still say I'd rather see Noe with Shin'ichiro, (nice little tears at the end seeing the confession he was forced to so adamantly proclaim, now literally scattered) but this is an ending I can more than accept. Hiromi just "fits" a little better than Noe does.

MFauli
Sun, 03-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Well, it´s rather what i predicted last week ^^

Though it sucks that they didnt really resolve Jun´s love for his sister...or what was he doing at the end? Didnt quite get that one.

Ending is ok, but was presented rather lame, dont know...it could have been presented more dramatic imo.
Good series overall, still i prefer romantic-anime that fuck around with your mind by having sick twists here and there ;)

Board of Command
Sun, 03-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Though it sucks that they didnt really resolve Jun´s love for his sister...or what was he doing at the end? Didnt quite get that one.
He left town so he didn't have to see Noe every day.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-30-2008, 11:34 AM
@Mfauli - I disagree completely. The ending was lame, but the presentation was just perfect. The suspense was held for a long time, but didnt get tiring, and the fact that a Hiromi hater and Noe lover like me can accept the ending is proof of it being well done.

MFauli
Sun, 03-30-2008, 12:41 PM
If suspense is what you wanted i can see how you liked that ending. But just like i wrote, i hoped for a more dramatic ending. Like Hiromi not being able to accept Shinichiro´s doubt of who to choose, Noe´s brother publicy confessing his love to Noe, and so on. It was a very quite ending, though. With suspense, yes. I simply prefer drama over suspense ;)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-30-2008, 08:11 PM
I guess that would be the case if you wanted drama that much. I think the ending was more than dramatic enough, with Shinichiro crying while singing his feelings, and Noe trying to pick up the paper planes. The examples you mentioned are a bit predictable, overdone, and in fact too unrealistic for the feel of the entire show, which was indeed quiet, yet moving.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-30-2008, 08:35 PM
I simply prefer drama over suspense ;)
You should probably pick up Itazura na Kiss next season then.

I definitely felt that True Tears was going with the more realistic approach. Sure, I didn't like the idea at first, but it was far more likely that Shin'ichiro was going to pick someone he loved for a long time over someone he just met. That was with the whole 'talking to Noe makes my heart waver,' bit.

Now, we can take that same scenario with ef - a tale of memories. The only difference, spoiler:[Is that the male lead in that series felt the girl he was still close to for years, Kei, was more of a sister than a lover. So...logically he would choose the girl he just met that fit better with him. He still cared deeply for Kei, but Miyako was the only one he could "love."]
Here, Noe was more of a close friend that happens to be a girl (much like Ai turned out to be) or perhaps more appropriately, Shin'ichiro's muse.

Sure, all that drama can be injected, but don't add beyond what is necessary.

Everon
Sun, 03-30-2008, 11:22 PM
I really enjoyed this series. I wouldn't call it realistic as much as proper development. The animators over the coarse of the show, had each character learn and change. I liked how a number of them would often self-reflect.

KrayZ33
Mon, 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM
the ending was beautiful.. well the part with the injured Noe trying to pick up the picture book is very cliche like but who cares. i liked it when shinichro started to sing and cry... that really got me especially when he cried out "inside shinichro's heart is yuasa hiromi" that was just heart taking ^^ that was a nice "farewell"

i didn't understand the part with hiromi's splitt though? was it mentioned somewhere that she always tried to do that or something? i don't get the metaphor or symbol.. or whatever this was supposed to be... well maybe it was just fanservice, since she looked hot with her ponytail, glasses and her pants

good thing that he ended up with hiromi, that couple is just more fitting since Noe is so childish and well..small.

MFauli
Mon, 03-31-2008, 09:39 AM
i didn't understand the part with hiromi's splitt though? was it mentioned somewhere that she always tried to do that or something? i don't get the metaphor or symbol.. or whatever this was supposed to be... well maybe it was just fanservice, since she looked hot with her ponytail, glasses and her pants

Of course, it was meant to show, how great having sex with her will be for Shinichiro...erm,....eh....

David75
Mon, 03-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Of course, it was meant to show, how great having sex with her will be for Shinichiro...erm,....eh....

But the problem is that it may break proof of virginity, thus leading Hentaï "True Tears" Sequel to another quagmire. (joking of course, but I thought the same when I saw that scene)

Regarding that last ep, it clearly lacked something I can't really describe. I wasn't moved at all, maybe I was in a bad day and couldn't catch the atmosphere there?
The only scene that cheared me up was the very short one with AI chan, sometimes it's hard to understand why you react to something so simple.

Well, another interresting show is ending. Always a bit sad.

KrayZ33
Mon, 03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing some hentai-stuff with Hiromi ^_^

well i think it lacked something like a real drama in the end, everybody excepted a lot of tears and maybe even suicide or something like that... or murder...
it was a peacefull ending and i don't know why but i liked how noe was able to cry in the end. that was somehow touching, because she liked shinichro but inside is his heart is yuasa hiromi *sing* ^^

kenren
Tue, 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Just got to finish this series. Superb art and animation quality. I certainly like how the series ended, peacefully. The ending is actually what I wanted though (Hiromi being the one chosen by Shinnichirou) :).

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Watched the entire series this sunday morning...
What can I say? Overall I liked the story a lot, but I did not like he ended up with Hiromi, despite everything that happened between them. I was rooting for Ai-chan at first lol... but I think she is better with the other guy, she just needed to move on. I was hoping Shin'ichiro chose Noe though. I never liked Hiromi, since ep1.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 11-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Last thread I raise from the grave I promise. I just have to ask though, did Noe die at the end? She seemed like she was running full speed on that ledge by the sea, and there were rocks at the bottom, a wave splashing, and then a scene of the mountains which is "close to the sky" and her grandma. That reads like a suicide to me...

shinta|hikari
Sat, 11-24-2012, 01:08 AM
No she didn't.

How was the show by the way?

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 11-24-2012, 08:16 AM
It was good. The main character pissed me off to no end though. A little empathy *or* a little courage on his part would've done a world of good for everyone involved. Had his best friend been in that same situation, I highly suspect things would've went MUCH smoother. Miyokichi >>> Shin'ichiro. Not to mention Shin'ichiro was too easily moved to anger for my tastes.

As far as the girls are concerned, I liked Noe the most. She was both quirkier and more insightful than Hiromi and Aiko. I guess as a consequence of that wisdom, she never did anything to sabotage her relationship with Shin...unlike Hiromi. So I was kind of bummed when she wasn't picked. That's not to say I disliked Hiromi though. She was in a shitty situation and turned out quite well despite that. But then again, Noe wasn't much better off and turned out better imo. Regardless...I can see why Shin would choose Hiromi, she was a good girl. I'd have chosen differently. As far as Aiko was concerned...I liked her personality over the other two, but not her lack of resolve. That ended up hurting Miyokichi, but he handled that shit like a boss, and she was infatuated with Shin' so...again, I get it. She made her move, got rejected, and behaved with a decent amount of honor, everything considered.

I haven't seen many romance stories, but of the ones I have, this is the first where I've seen the rival girls actually clash head to head. That was great to watch. Hiromi was manipulative, but noe was a straight shooter. "Yeah bitch, eat this fucking bento. Put it in your mouth. I don't really get what's going on here, so you know what? Forget the bento, I'm kicking your ass!" That's a rather liberal and somewhat inaccurate paraphrase of what actually happened in that scene where they fought at lunch time, but that's the impression I got.

Overall I enjoyed the series, and it had just the right amount of melodrama for me. I wasn't moved to tears but I did feel the drama.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-24-2012, 10:33 AM
As you can read from my posts in this thread, I hated Hiromi pretty much the entire series, right up until the last two episodes. But the series did a good job of redeeming her, after she could finally be herself.

Admittedly, it won me over.