PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Terminator Salvation

Munsu
Wed, 01-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I don't know if anyone has read any news about the new trilogy being made about Terminator, but this really looks promising and it all starts with who they casted as John Connor. Yep, that's right, Christian Bale has been casted to star in all three movies. I think he would do a great John and probably bring back the same vibe Edward Furlong had in those early Terminator movies.

The new trilogy will be set in the future, when the war is going on so we'll finally see a full out war against the machines. I don't know about you guys, but this is really all I've wanted to see since the franchise started... I wanted to see the actual war.

Anyways, you can visit these links for more info:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0438488/
http://www.mania.com/57081.html
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20164286,00.html
http://www.mania.com/52370.html

First movie should be coming out on the Summer of 2009.

As an aside, it seems like they're doing some sort of animation with Terminator... kinda like what they did with the Matrix and those short Animatrix episodes:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-08/terminator-anthology-in-development-for-2009-release

Raven
Thu, 01-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Let's just hope it's nothing like T3.

darkshadow
Fri, 01-11-2008, 03:24 AM
I liked T3

Idealistic
Fri, 01-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Interesting. Can't wait to see it.

As for T3, I didn't like the villain. She wasn't as futuristic or cool looking as the liquid guy in T2.

David75
Fri, 01-11-2008, 05:24 AM
Governator may appear as a little cameo.
But I guess that it's really possible to do the trilogy without anything related to the human form T1...
This is exciting, I hope they'll be able to do something great out of this very dark universe born with the first movie.

Abdula
Fri, 01-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I liked T3

I liked T3 as well. Sure it didn't really fit in with the trilogy but so what it was still a good movie. Anyway its apparent that the whole Terminator trilogy was setting us up for this so I would expect great things. The setting alone would make it worth watching and some might disagree but there has yet to be a bad Terminator movie so looking forward to it.

Munsu
Fri, 01-11-2008, 04:24 PM
I liked T3 too, but that's not to say that I don't find it to be the weakest of all the three. Terminator is first and foremost, an action film, and the movie delivered. Some of the plot might have been questionable, like the way they killed off Sarah... but much of it was out of the writers' hands since finding someone else to portray that character other than Linda Hamilton (who blew them off) would be a very very tough to find, so they had to make due with what they had.

What I am wondering though, is if the new trilogy would try to link the tv series to it somehow, as it seemed like they were trying to do before. If they do, they have to be really careful about it because they could end up causing a whole mess, with the tv series pretty much disregarding T3.

Abdula
Fri, 01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
I have think this new trilogy will also disregard T3 as there really isn't much to take from that movie other than the fact that the "future" is now. Other than that there is nothing that connects T3 to the other terminator movies beyond name. So plot wise I can't see why they would need to connect this trilogy to T3.

I think its good that the TV series is disregarding T3 because then it has more of the traditional Terminator theme of trying to prevent or escape impending doom and I'm really looking forward to it. I don't think that the movie will be connected to the series because nothing like that has ever been done successfully in my opinion unless it was after the fact, meaning the series had already ended.

In any case it could happen because although I don't think the series needs any more hype it would be a great gimmick and they would do anything for extra attention. Anyway it should be great I'm really looking forward to the new movies as I think its what everyone has been waiting for since the beginning and if they are going to do it like they did the Matrix it could be amazing as long as they link together. Although copying the Matrix could be both a very bad and a very good thing, I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Matrix did.

Munsu
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Trailer:
http://www.tv.com/video/14575/terminator-salvation?tag=gumballs;subtitle;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=gumballs

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/884/terminatorsalvationstillk1.jpg

Zhan
Mon, 07-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Looks awesome, but I never got how they would even put up a fight? Bullets don't even work against the terminators. Maybe they have lasers and stuff in the future?

Munsu
Mon, 07-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Looks awesome, but I never got how they would even put up a fight? Bullets don't even work against the terminators. Maybe they have lasers and stuff in the future?
Plasma riffles?

SamuraiOdin
Mon, 07-21-2008, 06:08 PM

Bullets don't work against the Terminators that have been sent back in time to kill John/Sarah Conner. However, those aren't sent back in the beginning of the war, which is when these movies take place. There's nothing saying that the earlier robots during the war are immune to bullets. For all we know, bullets may be effective for the first 10 or so years of the war, and then Skynet upgrades itself... who knows.

Assassin
Tue, 07-22-2008, 05:53 AM
well that image bud posted shows a humanoid robot ala the terminators, so the movie can't be rite at the beginning. but im sure that explanation will still work, if this is only 5 years or so into the war.

David75
Tue, 07-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Well a quick analysis shows the T something is stuck under an helicopter.
And an assault rifle with such a short distance headshot would be effective even against a T3 I guess?

ForteCross
Tue, 07-22-2008, 04:10 PM
i just hope that Arnold Schwarzenegger doenst do a cameo or something in those movies...

SamuraiOdin
Tue, 07-22-2008, 10:36 PM
i just hope that Arnold Schwarzenegger doenst do a cameo or something in those movies...

Why? He was good in the Terminator movies.

That being said, he probably has more important political things to do.

Munsu
Thu, 07-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Only if the shoot in California would he make an appearance... that's his bargaining chip.

ForteCross
Fri, 07-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Why? He was good in the Terminator movies.

That being said, he probably has more important political things to do.
-sarah oconnor?
-yes?
*bullet shot*
no... the script was awesome, but i never feel like he is working hard to act in his movies...

Zachiru-Hirosaki
Tue, 07-29-2008, 01:37 PM
First Teaser Trailer :http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/615765/terminator-salvation-the-future-begins/videos/terminator_sal_tease1_071608.html

http://movies.ign.com/objects/615/615765.html

hmmmmm not enough for me to say ''WOW''

Please use the search function next time

Zhan
Tue, 07-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Theres already a thread on this

Animeniax
Thu, 11-20-2008, 06:17 AM
New Terminator movie about the human resistance led by John Connor (played by Christian Bale).

http://io9.com/5093558/new-terminator-4-footage-shows-john-connor-out-of-his-depth

I think this movie will be chaotic and pointless like the Matrix:Revolution, but anything with Bale is usually cool and worth seeing, plus it's a "reinventing" of the character's origins so it's kind of like Batman Begins.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-20-2008, 04:36 PM
plus it's a "reinventing" of the character's origins so it's kind of like Batman Begins.
"Reinventing" is a strong word. The only thing it's doing is (rightfully) changing John Connor from the pussy he was in T3 into the war hero he was made out to be in the first movie. It's the logical and natural progression of the story.

I love the idea Christian Bale as adult-John Connor. If I try hard enough I can almost see young Edward Furlong morphing into him.

Animeniax
Fri, 11-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Shrug, these were the article writer's words, not mine. I agree with you though, it's not reinventing, just furthering the story.

I'm not so sure about Bryce Dallas Howard (the blind girl from The Village) as Kate Connor. I didn't really like Claire Danes in T3, but I think they could have found someone who would fit better with Bale than Howard.

Munsu
Fri, 11-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Any of you found that 5 minute preview they're talking about in those reviews? I bet it should've been leaked somewhere.

Anyways, here's a cool flash poster:
http://www.sonypictures.net/movies/terminatorsalvation/poster.html

Munsu
Mon, 12-15-2008, 07:50 AM
New trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdvaP9oNe2M

itadakimasu
Tue, 12-16-2008, 12:58 PM
New Terminator movie about the human resistance led by John Connor (played by Christian Bale).

http://io9.com/5093558/new-terminator-4-footage-shows-john-connor-out-of-his-depth

I think this movie will be chaotic and pointless like the Matrix:Revolution, but anything with Bale is usually cool and worth seeing, plus it's a "reinventing" of the character's origins so it's kind of like Batman Begins.

completely agreed.

I watched the second trailer yesterday and I was just thinking that it has a good chance of sucking. I'm still going to pay to see it regardless, and hope for the best.

Munsu
Tue, 02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Here's an audio clip of Bale pissed off at his director of photography. It's quite awesome, not work safe:
http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/020209_christianbale.mp3

Animeniax
Thu, 02-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Wow that's brutal. Bale really goes off on the guy. I guess that's an artist's high-strung mentality.

Munsu
Thu, 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow that's brutal. Bale really goes off on the guy. I guess that's an artist's high-strung mentality.
He really went overboard, but I can understand it... especially with actors that really get into their roles, for someone to ruin their take because of stupidity. But it was awesome regardless. It was a pressure situation for Bale, so don't get in his way.

itadakimasu
Thu, 02-05-2009, 02:35 PM
"DO I WALK AROUND TEARING YOUR LIGHTS DOWN !?( all seemingly done in bruce wayne/batman accent... unless thats the way bale normally talks )

They've shown that 3-4 times now on TMZ. It reminded me of entourage for some reason

Munsu
Thu, 02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
He's from the UK, and he was alternating between his American accent and his Brittish one.

Animeniax
Thu, 02-05-2009, 11:04 PM
I've read he likes to keep "in accent" depending on the role, so if he's doing an American part, he'll speak without his English accent when doing interviews or speaking publicly. He seems like a very intense person, very dedicated to his craft. So I can understand why he went nuts when some guy messes up his scene by being careless.

I always figured he was Australian. Turns out he's a Brit from Wales, but not Welsh.

Penner
Fri, 02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah the guy messed up his scene but it was still a mistake, sure it could have been avoided if he paid attention where he was going but still he didnt do it on purpose and quite frankly the lightguy didnt deserve a 4 minute "Wrath of Bale" thrown on him :P

darkshadow
Fri, 02-06-2009, 06:27 PM
True, but it still spawned this awesome remix ;o.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

Animeniax
Sat, 02-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Bale apologizes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29056200/

Munsu
Sat, 02-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Bale apologizes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29056200/
Here's the full audio clip of the appology... I thought it was nice to listen:
http://kroq-data.com/wah/wah/audio/default.aspx?a=1129&c=0&k=

darkshadow
Sat, 02-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah that was actually pretty cool, a written article can only do so much to convey the emotion behind the words.

Penner
Sat, 02-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Well done, Bale, well done.

Damn nice of him to apologize like that ^^

itadakimasu
Mon, 02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I still love the part of his rant when he's like "do I walk around ripping your lights down?!!? " it just makes me laugh. being the #1 action hero could put you under alot of pressure.

I was wondering what kind of effect the movie is going to have on the sarah conner chronicles?

Do you think the movie will make that series completely irrelevant? or should it keep going on the basis that there could be an infinite number of futures/universes?

Munsu
Mon, 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I still love the part of his rant when he's like "do I walk around ripping your lights down?!!? " it just makes me laugh. being the #1 action hero could put you under alot of pressure.

I was wondering what kind of effect the movie is going to have on the sarah conner chronicles?

Do you think the movie will make that series completely irrelevant? or should it keep going on the basis that there could be an infinite number of futures/universes?
Don't overthink it... think of it as two different stories, but if you want it to make some sort of rationalizations to make you feel better, sure think of it was one of those various futures/universes. With all the time travelling going on, whose to say that at one point in time something like this didn't occur. But other than that, don't try to tie them up... you'll just make your head hurt.

itadakimasu
Wed, 03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3424453401/

Found this while browsing imdb. New trailor.

I don't know when the last time I've been so excited about a movie coming out ( even if it does fail ) This trailor goes a little further into some plot points of the movie. only 2 more months ^^

Munsu
Mon, 03-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Is this the same one you linked to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_hIIDEQY3w

Man, but I wish they wouldn't have spoiled some of the plot points in the series.

itadakimasu
Mon, 05-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I didn't realize they were releasing it on a Thursday. I'm almost at odds with the PG-13 rating, just like I was with the last Die Hard movie. I know it's so they can whore out the movie to a wider audience and not worry about kids paying for another movie only to sneak into terminator. Today's PG-13 is a far cry from the PG-13 of 10 years ago, but it still could result in stuff being cut from the movie so that it makes the rating.

I'm going to the midnight showing next wednesday.

Penner
Mon, 05-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Fuckin bastards cutting Moon Bloodgood topless to get PG-13... grrr

itadakimasu
Thu, 05-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I saw the midnight showing last night... which is why I feel like crap right now because I'm running on 3 hours of sleep.

I'm going to wait for others to see it before discussing. I think I went into it with my expectations just unreasonably high. An interesting note, my wife said she read somewhere that Bale was originally cast to play Marcus Wright's Charactor, and that guy was cast to play John Conner... but the dark knight gets what he wants !

For those who saw xmen, and learned to stay for credits, don't waste your time unless you want to read the credits, they don't show anything extra in the credits : )

XanBcoo
Sat, 05-23-2009, 02:00 AM
I think I went into it with my expectations just unreasonably high.
Naw, man. It was just kinda bad.

Right from the get-go I couldn't accept Christian Bale as John Connor. There was no emotion behind anything he did. It's as if he was completely riding on past actors' depictions of John Connor. He just jumps into the role, puts on a tough-guy voice, and traipses around. He could have easily been "Military General Number 3" in the credits and the script would have remained intact. I would estimate the number of lines he had in this movie didn't even break 50. He added absolutely nothing to the role.

The CG was terribly integrated with the live-action. There were several moments during the first 30 minutes where I thought I was playing Gears of War. Edit: Actually there was ONE CG moment that was incredible. You'll know which one I'm talking about.

The beginning was also edited really choppily. There was little introduction to the situation, and few examples of the "human condition" the story relied so heavily upon. In fact, every other human character that wasn't part of the main cast were complete douchebags. The story was interesting for a generic action movie (and I really liked the new Terminator), but other than that, the movie did nothing but take a very long time to accomplish a simple task: The acquisition of Kyle Reese.

Not surprisingly, I felt absolutely nothing for any character aside from Sarah Connor. Even in cassette tape form she was a more human character than everyone else.

This was a generic action movie. Really similar to T3. Maybe I'm riding too hard on my love of T2, because this wasn't terrible, but it was just pretty generic.

itadakimasu
Sat, 05-23-2009, 10:17 AM
I read a review where they guy was blasting the way they marketed the movie because it gave away too much of the plot.

You're right xan.. from the last movie to this one I didn't really feel much connection to the charactors either.

I don't see myself going to the midnight showing for Terminator 5 when it comes out in 2011 of 2012.

PhaseONE
Wed, 05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
I live in Tucson, where they filmed some of the movie on the Air Force base here. I volunteered for something and not knowing what it was, but everyone was so hyped telling me im driving around a Laker girl, a girl from Maxim. Finally i looked up the name they gave me Korinna something and what do you know, it was the girl in Pathfinder and the upcoming Terminator. She was Mundane in real life, still hot don't get me wrong. Drove her to the A-10 which she pilots in the movie and then to the virtual flight simulator so she can act like shes flying it.

Sorry for this late post, meant to post it last year when she was here but i was tasked to do convoys in the sandbox.

Raven
Tue, 06-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I just saw this. I thought it was alright, nothing special or amazing but entertaining.

The action scenes were really good, but the story was just so generic and run of the mill. And all the trailers, previews, reviews etc spoiled way too much; I heard ages in advance that Marcus is actually a Terminator and doesn't know it, it would have been nice to not know and have to figure it out (although it would have been pretty obvious).

It had so many plot holes. Like, why were Skynet so ok with attacking Marcus at first, but later on they were able to detect he was one of them? Was it because some of his parts were showing?

And what was the major importance of destroying that one Skynet building, despite the fact that thousands of humans were in there? Like the closing statement said "we have won this battle but not the war, Skynet still has a strong global network". So why not rescue the prisoners before blowing it up? Obviously there's many buildings all over the world. Maybe because it's a Terminator factory? Who knows.

I liked the way they did the first T-800 towards the end, they even kept the same haircut, it was good. I wonder if he got royalties.

My post sounds negative but I did like the movie. I went in there with low expectations and I got a solid but forgettable action film which doesn't really stand up to movies 1 and 2 (I've erased 3 from my memory) but in the end I was pretty happy due to the mindless entertainment.

Oh, and Moon Bloodgood is pretty hot for a woman in her mid 30s :p

Penner
Tue, 06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I've liked Bale ever since i first saw Equilibrium (or in some cases its called Cubic, like wtf?).
He's also awesome as the new Batman.

Unfortunately, he sucked balls in this movie, seriously, hes a good actor but sooo wrong as John Connor.. now Marcus on the other hand, he was fucking awesome, best character in the movie by far, sure u kinda knew he was a cyborg(or going to become one) right from the start because of the whole scene in the beginning, where he was talking with the doctor.

Moon Bloodgood did a fine job aswell, the rest of the cast was kinda meh, 90% of them didnt even have enough screentime for me to give a crap about em -.-

Also, whats the deal with the kid "Star", i got the feeling she was "special" in some way but they didnt give any info at all about her..

And i was truly impressed by the T-800 towards the end when they revealed him, damn good job there.

Overall good action movie, but as T-3 did lack the "Terminator Feeling", so does this.
its still way better than T-3 though ^^

Splash!
Tue, 06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
I read this a while back and from what i remember, the movie was supposed to be about Marcus with Connor making a couple of appearances as a background character. Christian Bale was originally offered the role of Marcus but he insisted that he wanted to play Connor, so the writers had to rewrite to script to make make Connor more prominent.

Therefore, I didn't expect much from his role. You can't blame Christian Bale for doing a bad job playing a character that was slapped together at the last minute.

Anyways, I still enjoyed this movie. Alot of people disliked it because there seemed to be a huge disconnect between this one and the first 3, but you have to understand that this movie is set in a post apocalyptic period. It was supposed to feel very different. I went in expecting nothing more than a simple high paced action movie, and I was satisfied.

Animeniax
Fri, 12-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Finally saw this movie and man it was terrible. I got goosebumps from the opening, but it was all downhill from there. It wasn't just the plot and horrible editing that made it bad. The acting was bad, and there were so many cheesy elements that I had to roll my eyes at. It felt like Matrix part 2 and 3, like more of the same, but over the top and corny. Just like in the Matrix, T4's story is more about the silly and obnoxious humans and less about the cool machines.

One aspect that really annoyed me is how expansive and elaborate the human resistance network was. They had a lot more resources at their disposal than I expected for a ragtag resistance that is the last hope of mankind, particularly as they were depicted in the previous movies.

In case anyone cares, the same guy is on board to direct T5. Should go straight to DVD.

Testarossa Autodrive
Fri, 12-25-2009, 04:38 AM
xD

Good God, there's going to be another one?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-25-2009, 07:04 AM
xD

Good God, there's going to be another one?

They announced that there'll be a new trilogy continuing from, but separate to, the first three movies.

Feels like Star Wars doesn't it? Except I actually enjoyed Phantom Menace, unlike T4.

Animeniax
Fri, 12-25-2009, 09:00 PM
I think James Cameron was in charge for T3 and that didn't turn out too well. The director for T4 was MCG, who directed some of the early great episodes of the tv show Chuck, among several other movies and shows. Not sure how T4 went so bad. Hoping he can pull it together for T5.

XanBcoo
Fri, 12-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I think James Cameron was in charge for T3 and that didn't turn out too well. The director for T4 was MCG, who directed some of the early great episodes of the tv show Chuck, among several other movies and shows. Not sure how T4 went so bad. Hoping he can pull it together for T5.
James Cameron had absolutely no creative control of T3, and MCG directed Charlies Angels, and now this piece of crap.

If this movie didn't have John Connor, it would have been a decent made-for-TV movie set in the Terminator universe. Christian Bale's inclusion turned it into this...mess.

itadakimasu
Mon, 12-28-2009, 02:45 PM
One aspect that really annoyed me is how expansive and elaborate the human resistance network was. They had a lot more resources at their disposal than I expected for a ragtag resistance that is the last hope of mankind, particularly as they were depicted in the previous movies.

In case anyone cares, the same guy is on board to direct T5. Should go straight to DVD.

This movie took place earlier in time than the flashbacks from the other movies. Reese is just a boy, so there's another 10+ years to get caught up the the flashbacks/forwards from Terminator 1-3.

So, there is plenty of time for them to be brought closer to extinction.

I am for damn sure not going to goto the theater @ midnight for T5 like I did w\ this crappy movie. This was probably the biggest let down of all time because I was so excited for the movie and it just didn't deliver at all.

Testarossa Autodrive
Mon, 12-28-2009, 08:34 PM
I was really excited about the concept and when I saw the trailer, I had a bit of hope that it would at least be better than T3, but it was rather disappointing. This movie had so much potential and yet it was just a huge let down for the most part.

Animeniax
Mon, 12-28-2009, 09:11 PM
I thought the movie was a sure hit with Bale as Connor, but it sounds more like his inclusion is what contributed to the film's failure if they had to re-write the script.

Even so, the story twist of the Marcus character was fairly easy to guess and hard to accept, regardless of who was playing the character. I think a movie based on the Terminator universe can stand on its own without gimmicky story twists.

Sapphire
Tue, 12-29-2009, 04:17 AM
Well the CGI wasn't bad at all. Some of the crashes and action scene were so wtf that I actually flinched. Then I opened my mouth in surprise and half hid my face with my hands. Okay I'm a wussy.

The Avatar guy is hot, I wanted to reach through the screen and hide him in my pocket (thus ruin the storyline, killing everyone he could have saved lol oops). His acting was great, he's sooo good at expressing his emotions so it draws me in to whatever he has to say so I think it's important. Bale was meh to me, I could feel like I could tell he was just a guy acting and I kept thinking about camaras all around him as well as the guy on the sidelines who was probably plotting his murder because of the way he was treated. I'll just ignore evaluating the other actors because I'm no expert anyway and leave it at 'they sucked'. Okay that's not fair I really liked the fight club girl but I never saw her again and probably fell asleep before I could even find out who the heck she was.

About halfway through the movie I was suddenly VERY sleepy though (prolly cuz I started it at 3 am) so I ended up curling up on a bed and enjoying a nice sleep for the remainder of the movie.

The only REAL problem I had in this movie was the dialogue and pretty much the plot, at some points it was so stupid and predictable that I just sighed at it. I can't remember exactly what parts pissed me off but I remember none of the characters having ANYTHING interesting to say at all, even using really cliche retarded phrases for when they were determined to do something. And then really stupid crap was just stuffed in for no apparent reason at all, like the topless scene with the girl where NOTHING HAPPENED AT ALL lololol. But then again the Avatar guy WORKED those lines while they just fell limply from the other actors lips as if they knew it was lame but 'Hey I ought to act out the emotions anyway this could be my big break." /stops rambling and goes back to sleep

Oh I'd like to mention I've never seen any other Terminator movie and probably never will at this point, though the trailer was pretty lulzy so I'm sure they're great movies.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh I'd like to mention I've never seen any other Terminator movie and probably never will at this point, though the trailer was pretty lulzy so I'm sure they're great movies.

Go see the second Terminator movie Sapphi (Terminator: Judgement Day).

That one topped the franchise and made everything after it look like shit. (Not that they needed help to do so, but still).

There was one point where I hated T2, only because TV channels aired it so many frigg'n times. That's how much they loved it.

itadakimasu
Tue, 12-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Breaking news : T5 sneak peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA

Sapphire
Tue, 12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Dude: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcEsII0vlRI

Animeniax
Tue, 12-29-2009, 10:01 AM
The Avatar guy is hot, I wanted to reach through the screen and hide him in my pocket (thus ruin the storyline, killing everyone he could have saved lol oops). His acting was great, he's sooo good at expressing his emotions so it draws me in to whatever he has to say so I think it's important.
You're only saying this because you think he's good-looking.

Sapphire
Tue, 12-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Hey! I think he's good looking AND a good actor gosh. :) If that was true I'd be enraptured by the dudes in Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Twilight.... Anyway you know you think he's good looking too.

Testarossa Autodrive
Tue, 12-29-2009, 12:47 PM
You've never seen T2: Judgment Day?! Blasphemy! *hiss*

No, seriously. Wow. I'm very much in shock at the moment. If there's one movie you need to see, it's T2. S'matter of fact, go rent it right now. No, buy it. Buy two copies if you must and keep the other copy in a safe place.

Anyway, just go watch it.

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Well the CGI wasn't bad at all. Some of the crashes and action scene were so wtf that I actually flinched. Then I opened my mouth in surprise and half hid my face with my hands. Okay I'm a wussy.
The CGI wasn't bad, but it was certainly sterile and glossy. You look at it and think "Wow, that's photo real, just like a video game." instead of "Wow, that looks life-like." The entire movie felt like it was done in front of a green screen, like the Star Wars prequels.

Even the full CGI Arnold, which was impressive, looked a bit like a wax man.

And then really stupid crap was just stuffed in for no apparent reason at all, like the topless scene with the girl where NOTHING HAPPENED AT ALL lololol.
Wait what? I heard there was a topless scene with her, but that it was eventually cut. The version I saw cut away right before it was meant to happen. I need to do some googling...

And yeah, go rent Terminator and then Terminator 2. T2 is objectively one of the best action movies/sequels ever made.

Edit: Well I found the topless scene here (http://io9.com/5393936/terminator-salvation-deleted-scene-is-this-what-the-fuss-was-all-about-%5Bmaybe-nsfw%5D), if anybody else had it cut like I did. It's nothing like I imagined and extremely boring. The description makes it sound like she's comfortable with Marcus and with her own skin, but she's like 20 feet away covering up her breasts and looking at him like he's a pervert. It's so awkward and does nothing for the story.

MCG is a moron.

Munsu
Tue, 12-29-2009, 02:25 PM
So much hate for the movie, was it really that bad? With all the negative responses I've resited watching this even though I highly excited when it came out. I mean, is this turning out to be Dragonball Evolution shit-level?

I have a feeling I will enjoy the movie regardless, but going in with extra low expectations... hopefully I'll manage to watch it over the weekend, I think it's time. Going to find the bluray version, that might make it seem better.

Sapphire
Tue, 12-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Oh no, it's not that bad. I consider Dragonball to be the movie you play in the background of a party, and then laugh at because it's so bad. Otherwise devoting full attention to it is just completely rage inducing no matter what your expectations of it. Terminator Salvation isn't that bad at all if you go in with absolutely no expectations and can ignore extreme instances of clicheness and predictability. If you turn your brain off and just enjoy the action and boobies then I'm sure it's a good time waster.

As for the topless scene, the one I saw was even longer and more awkward than the scene Xan linked, and I was just sitting there going 'wtf' while my fellow guy friends seemed to like it. I think we were watching a 'producer's cut' rip. And then the scene cuts to a fight scene and there is no CONTINUITY AT ALL!!!! So basically it was like a Naruto filler but at least Naruto fillers have endings (in theory).

I lol'd very much at your hiss Testarossa. I really did have no idea what was going on in Terminator Salvation and didn't know anything about the backstory, but I have to say watching Salvation didn't spark my curiosity any. So I can just skip the first movie and go to the second one? Won't I be confused/not understand the references to the first movie? Or does it not matter?

UChessmaster
Tue, 12-29-2009, 03:29 PM
So I can just skip the first movie and go to the second one? Won't I be confused/not understand the references to the first movie? Or does it not matter?

I say watch the first one as well.

Munsu
Tue, 12-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Certainly watch the first movie also...

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
I lol'd very much at your hiss Testarossa. I really did have no idea what was going on in Terminator Salvation and didn't know anything about the backstory, but I have to say watching Salvation didn't spark my curiosity any. So I can just skip the first movie and go to the second one? Won't I be confused/not understand the references to the first movie? Or does it not matter?

The first one was pretty good, though a much more low-budget film. I'd say you can get away without if you really didn't feel like watching it.

Without watching T1 though, you may not fully appreciate some of the emotions going on in the characters due to their experience from T1.

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Without watching T1 though, you may not fully appreciate some of the emotions going on in the characters due to their experience from T1.
Basically this. T2 is good on its own, but much more powerful after having watched T1. Sarah Connor is one of the best written females in film, and watching T1 and T2 allows you to understand her character much better. In the end, the original stories focus on Sarah Connor, and not Christian Bale's batman voice.

I have a feeling I will enjoy the movie regardless, but going in with extra low expectations... hopefully I'll manage to watch it over the weekend, I think it's time. Going to find the bluray version, that might make it seem better.
It's certainly not terrible. It's just bland and lacks focus. As a generic big-budget action movie it's passable, but as a Terminator movie it's nothing to write home about. Poor editing, weak characters, uninteresting story.

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 12-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, you should definitely watch T1 just to get a full sense of the plot of the series and who the characters are in relation to it, at least. Personally, I don't think it's as good as T2, but that's just my opinion.

itadakimasu
Mon, 01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I found this article thanks to XanBcoo's link to a similar article about Avatar.

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/19577/1/EXCLUSIVE-WHAT-WENT-WRONG-WITH-TERMINATOR-SALVATION/Page1.html

Basically... The writer of the article says he had access to early scripts and was on set, etc... Christian Bale had been targeted for the role of Marcus, but instead wanted to play John Conner... and Christian Bale gets what he wants, right?

"DO I WALK AROUND RIPPING DOWN YOUR LIGHTS?!?! DO I?!?!" sorry...

anyhow...it goes on to say that john conner wasn't supposed to be a main focus of the movie, but because Bale wanted to play him, they beefed up his role and gave him alot more screen time, and cut out originally planned scenes in order to give john conner face time.

In the spirit of the terminator franchise, somebody needs to jump in a time machine and go back a couple years and save this movie.

Animeniax
Mon, 01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
To be fair, Bale is an A-list hollywood actor and they typically get what they want, usually without the patronization from fans. Sadly this resulted in a terrible terrible movie, but it's a bit much to lay the majority of the blame on Bale. The writers did a hack job re-writing the script and the director did a hack job directing the movie.

With the material of the general storyline of the movie we did see, even a movie based mostly on the Marcus character would have sucked.

Munsu
Thu, 01-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Terminator rights are up for sale:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/01/lions-gates-15-millionplus-offer-for-terminator-now-the-bid-to-beat.html

I wonder what this will mean for the planned trilogy.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Let's hope a well-funded true hardcore fan of the series/concept purchases the rights and returns the series to greatness with a proper storyline, excellent direction, and high-caliber actors who may not necessarily be well-known in Hollywood. The budget should be kept to under $20 million so they rely on camera work, acting, and excellent props, instead of the usual CGI and light shows.

Munsu
Thu, 01-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Let's hope a well-funded true hardcore fan of the series/concept purchases the rights and returns the series to greatness with a proper storyline, excellent direction, and high-caliber actors who may not necessarily be well-known in Hollywood. The budget should be kept to under $20 million so they rely on camera work, acting, and excellent props, instead of the usual CGI and light shows.
With his Avatar revenue, I hope Cameron puts on a bid to buy the rights back... of course, in the hope that he makes future installments. If that's not in his interest, then forget it.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
With his Avatar revenue, I hope Cameron puts on a bid to buy the rights back... of course, in the hope that he makes future installments. If that's not in his interest, then forget it.
Good point. He might be one of those "buy it to save it from further shame" kind of guys. Like when Cosby bought the rights to The Dukes of Hazard" just to keep the show from being aired in syndication.

Munsu
Tue, 02-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Just watched the movie, and was underwhelmed as many have been. Still enjoyed it overall, but can't shake the feeling of what could've been. I had no problems with the effects as some have complained. I didn't like all the name-dropping they did with all the Terminator models, it was weak... the dialogue was completely weak, and the overall plot lacked substance. It also lacked focus...they should've focused on the John Connor character, and kept all other characters as support... instead they tried to make the movie about 3 main characters and it failed. But whatever, if a 5th movie comes I hope they improve on this.

On more important news, the bid for the Terminator rights are over and Sony and Lionsgate have lost. Kinda pissed about this, since who won was apparently by Pacificor, which is an hedge fund. Interestingly enough, it's the hedge fund that kinda caused Halcyon their financial problems. In fact, Halcyon is suing them if not mistaken.

We'll see where this leads... here's more info:
http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/terminator-rights-sell-for-29-5-mil/

Also, the "nude" scene was a complete joke.

itadakimasu
Mon, 05-10-2010, 02:40 PM
From IMDB.COM

Terminator 5 (2012) More at IMDbPro »
In Development Overview
Note: ?
Because this project is categorized as in development, the data is only available on IMDbPro and is subject to change.
In Development | See complete list of 7,200 in-development titles »
View company contact info.
Filmmakers:
See writer and producer for Terminator 5.
Cast:
View preliminary cast for Terminator 5.
MOVIEmeter: ?
Down 26% in popularity this week. See why on IMDbPro.
More Info:
See additional info about Terminator 5 (such as project notes, plot summary and industry news).