PDA

View Full Version : PERSONA -trinity soul-

Buffalobiian
Tue, 01-08-2008, 11:24 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/1/1/8/4/4/Personatrinitysoul.JPG

The stage is Ayanagi City, a city near the Japan Sea. It is a futuristic city that was built to carry out the recovery from the calamity caused by the "Apathy Syndrome" ten years previous. High school student Shin Kanzato with his little brother Jun, meet with their elder brother Ryō, who is the chief of the Ayanagi City Police, again after ten years. At that time, a series of strange incidents happen in Ayanagi City such as the crew of a submarine that suddenly disappears while in their submarine, or a spiritless symptom which disturbs the world after ten years, or the case of the inside out corpse where a student took on a cruel appearance. Ryō tracks down the organization behind the string of incidents, and having become involved in the incidents, Shin awakens the "Persona". source: wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_-trinity_soul-)

(PERSONA -trinity soul- is the sequel to the PlayStation 2 game Persona 3, taking place ten years after its events.)

First episode (http://oi.fansub-torrents.com/%5BOi%21%5D_PERSONA_%7Etrinity_soul%7E_-_01_%5B9890A45B%5D.avi.torrent) out by a group called Oi! Fansubs

Death13a
Wed, 01-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Action was good but what is actually going on? What happened 10 years ago? Who was Jun talking to?

oyabun
Wed, 01-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Hmmm I did not play the ps2 game. I wonder if I will understand the series..

animus
Wed, 01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
There's not really any connections yet indicated in this episode other than the Persona's and Apathy Syndrome this series has with the PS2 game.

KitKat
Wed, 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I haven't played the game either, but I thought this one might be interesting to check out. Not too much has been explained yet, but I think there will probably be more explanation in subsequent eps. I felt like this episode did a decent job of introducing the characters and setting the mood of the series. The translation seemed alright too. I didn't spot any glaring errors or ungrammaticalities. I think I'll watch the next few eps to see how this series pans out a bit more.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Police investigations around the city. Dead people. Antagonist has special powers. Protagonist comes along, defeats him with special powers. That, the theme and all really reminds me of Darker than Black. That youngest brother also seems to have a split personality disorder, but maybe she's residing in him. This series looks interesting, so I'll ride along. We have another release by Ainex.

ep 1 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_01_%5BXVID%5D%5B11B90AF4%5D.avi.torrent)

RyougaZell
Sat, 01-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Hmmm... having played the game let us go in parts...

Animation / Stage:
It indeed mantains the dark them shown in Persona 3, with good animation and detailed personas.

Music:
Outstanding. New tracks are awesome, and found it great to see some of the game as well. The one on the cafe was brought directly from the game.

Usage of Persona:
Dissapointing. Why did they manifest just like that? Glowing eyes? This ain't Darker than Black... its Persona 3... where are the Evokers?
If a Persona manifested by itself it was supposed to try and kill the user... maybe like at the end... but still... where are the Evokers? I was hoping for the characters to 'shot' themselves to use them...

References to the game...
Igor. Awesome. Now we need Elizabeth.
The red-haired at the beginning reminded me of Mitsuru.
Not the same school? Dissapointing.
Will we get Shadows? Or just idiotic characters to happen to use Persona and cause havoc? I prefer Shadows...
Usage of the drug persona repressing... nice!

Still... I wanted to see Aigis, Minato and Yukari... not new characters.

Will need a couple of more episodes to see if it will be worth watching... at least the music is great.

OneWingedSin
Sun, 01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Having played all the games (at least somewhat) and currently working on TLing the first manga (and a slight rebuttal to above):

Animation/Stage: I'm happy to announce the sappy feelings from Persona 3 are gone, we're now back to the darker themes from the previous games, and the darker atmosphere comes right along with it. No cheesy dating here!

Music: Absolutely fantastic, the music is back to its roots, tossing out the 'stuff' from Persona 3 (though a couple tracks from the game were catchy, they didn't use those. Instead, they used the most annoying song from P3 in the restaraunt scene)

Usage of Personas: About time, back to the roots! No evokers needed anymore, it seems they grew out of needing to play suicide just to get the things out. In previous installments of the series, it was just pure will that brought them out, no external device needed. (and just a small rebuttal, it is NOT Persona 3, it's set 10 years in the future of Persona 3, much like Persona 3 is set in the same world and near timeline to Persona 2, and thereby Persona as well)

After watching it again, it seems the only time the eyes glow when releasing a persona is when the person using it is NOT on the medication.

References to the games:
Igor: priceless, but necessary (where's Philemon?)
The masks in front of Igor: priceless to those that know what personas really were (before the shadows stuff)
Lack of shadows appearances: technically, as of the end of P3, they should mostly (if not all) be gone.

As for other cameos, they will more than likely come, as there were backhanded cameos from P2 in P3, and there were some direct ones from P1 to P2. Just give the series some time, I'm sure they'll pop up in some way or another.

-1WS

animus
Mon, 01-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Episode 2 XviD - Oi! (http://oi.fansub-torrents.com/%5BOi%21%5D_PERSONA_%7Etrinity_soul%7E_-_02_%5B0CD410C2%5D.avi.torrent)

Idealistic
Wed, 01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
I've never played the game, but after watching the first 2 episodes, this show seems to be really good. Can't wait for episode 3. When does each episode come out anyway?

Subiedubidoo
Thu, 01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
wow now im really interested in watching this. also i think i might go play this game that my bro has.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-18-2008, 12:33 AM
I didnt play the game, but I must say this series is turning out to be better than I expected. I just hope that the light comedy level doesnt go any higher than it has in the second episode. It might cheapen the series if the darkness and solemn feel get taken away.

KitKat
Tue, 01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Episode 3 by Ainex (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=9455)

Looks like you might get your wish, shinta. My guess is that the comedy in the second episode was more of a plot device than anything else to introduce Shin into the group of friends. They haven't really explained anything well yet, but the action is well-paced. I feel better knowing that the main character is just as confused as I am about what's going on (although we as viewers have slightly more information on the doings of his brother). Looking forward to the next episode.

Yukimura
Tue, 01-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Persona -Trinity Soul- - 01 (1280x720) - [Moetaku-Sekai] (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=4052)

I was under the impression Sekai had already released an ep1 but, maybe they needed help for the 1280x720

Idealistic
Wed, 01-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Getting a lot better. Can't wait for next episode either.

I could have sworn Jun was a girl. But they kept calling him Jun-kun so I guess it's a boy. lol...

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Its intentional. He is supposed to represent both twins, girl and boy.

Munsu
Thu, 01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I found this funny... it simply shows the abundance of piece of shit fansub groups:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z57/twohandsrevy/personasubs.png

"Mass naked child events", anyone?

animus
Thu, 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Haha, so I'm guessing Shinsen's the correct version? They even have a note with explanation and everything!

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-25-2008, 07:57 AM
WTF? Which is the correct one? I dont have it archived and I dont remember that part well..

Kraco
Fri, 01-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Haha, so I'm guessing Shinsen's the correct version? They even have a note with explanation and everything!

Theirs looked the most random of them all, but it could very well be it, considering Jun's reply. I don't know Japanese but when I listened to the line a few times, I can imagine it could be like Shinsen translated it. But I think they could have worded it a bit better.

But it was confusing to see them all, not knowing what's the real deal. Not that it mattered so much.

Junior
Fri, 01-25-2008, 10:16 AM
My brother was talking about this yesterday.

I don't torrent so I guess I'll be waiting awhile. XD

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I have to check it out myself now. Ill download the episode again just to make sure.

Everon
Tue, 01-29-2008, 02:19 AM
It sucks when these translations are all suspect. I guess I'll stick with Shinsen, cause I have no idea about the others.

I'm confused about how the personas work (have the video game, but haven't had a chance to play). In the second episode, Shin destroyed that gang member's persona without killing him. Yet in the third episode when Ryou destroyed a persona it ended up killing the host.

KitKat
Thu, 01-31-2008, 12:05 AM
I think there's a difference between stolen personas and natural personas. So I'm guessing that if someone is using a stolen persona, it wouldn't affect them physically if it was destroyed, because it wasn't theirs to begin with.

Edit:
Ep 4 by Shinsen (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Persona_Trinity_Soul_-_04_%5B493393C2%5D.avi.torrent)
Ep 4 by Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_04v2_%5B1024x576_h264%5D%5B220AFF4E%5D.mkv.torren t)
Ep 4 by Oi! (http://oi.fansub-torrents.com/%5BOi%21%5D_PERSONA_%7Etrinity_soul%7E_-_04_%5B47219735%5D.avi.torrent)

Episode 4 was a pretty melancholy episode. It revealed a bit more about the brothers' past, and yet presented us with a whole lot more mystery. Maybe those of you who have played the game can correct me, but it seems to me like a persona is akin to someone's soul. And it definitely seems like their sister's persona, and hence, her soul, are residing within Jun. The two seem to retain their separate personalities though.

Also, talk about Mr. Emotionless. Ryou doesn't seem phased by anything. Shin is going to have to do something ridiculous to get any sort of a human response from him. They do seem to have come to a bit of a truce at the end of this episode, in their shared experience of looking for Jun.

Idealistic
Thu, 01-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Link please? :confused:

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-31-2008, 01:42 AM
Shin is going to have to do something ridiculous to get any sort of a human response from him. They do seem to have come to a bit of a truce at the end of this episode, in their shared experience of looking for Jun.

I think Shin came to the conclusion that Ryou still cares about them, after seeing him rush towards Jun faster than he did. That's why he didn't tell the other cop (Was his rank vice chief?) about the list.

Everon
Thu, 01-31-2008, 03:21 AM
I think there's a difference between stolen personas and natural personas. So I'm guessing that if someone is using a stolen persona, it wouldn't affect them physically if it was destroyed, because it wasn't theirs to begin with.

Also, talk about Mr. Emotionless. Ryou doesn't seem phased by anything. Shin is going to have to do something ridiculous to get any sort of a human response from him. They do seem to have come to a bit of a truce at the end of this episode, in their shared experience of looking for Jun.

Thanks for your interpretation. Didn't think that people could use stolen personas. I've come to think that Ryou's just used his persona in an extremely destructive manner -- Shin doesn't seem to have control over his persona yet, so his simple attacks might not destroy the host.

Now that Jun has shown his persona, hopefully the next episode Shin will get an explanation of whats happening in this city.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
hmm, yes the interpretation does make some sense, especially when you consider that they called Shin a "natural".

Junior
Sat, 02-02-2008, 12:21 PM
QUICK RANDOM QUESTION.

Do they shoot themselves in the head in the anime?

Kraco
Sat, 02-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Hmm... So far there have been no suicides in the anime, if that's what you are asking. No shooting oneself in the head, no hanging oneself, no slitting wrists. People have been taking pills, though, and jumping from high places but they didn't die.

Junior
Sat, 02-02-2008, 02:29 PM
o.o nononononono, shooting as in summoning their Persona that way.

But I'll take that as a no..;_;

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah, there haven't been any suicide induced summoning yet. I wonder what the pills do though. Shin doesn't take them yet, and Ryou's been taking them since the start of the show, but they both seem to be able to use their Personas. Only thing that occurred to me would be that Shin's has never come out in a non-dire situation, except the Shadow pulling thing. I guess you can consider that sort of dire since an unknown Persona comes out right in front of you, so it's more accurate to say it has never come out for any other reason other than to face another persona.

KitKat
Sat, 02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, the only thing I can think of is that somehow the pills facilitate controlling one's persona, since Shin's seems to act on its own accord without any direction from Shin, whereas the others seem to be controlled very directly. Or perhaps this could just be an issue of experience, and the pills are for something else entirely.

Kraco
Sun, 02-03-2008, 04:03 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking as well, and even more so from the moment we saw Shin's brother also use the pills. I thought they were some sort of psychic/mental medication. Because honestly Shin's numerous descriptions of his dreams made me think people with strong persona might lose their mind eventually. Just like the criminal dude whose persona Shin offed. He was eating the pills pretty desperately already.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Episode 5

Shinsen (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Persona_Trinity_Soul_-_05_%5BEC38961D%5D.avi.torrent)
Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_05_%5B1024x576_h264%5D%5B9C1523E2%5D.mkv.torrent)

KitKat
Wed, 02-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Aha, theory confirmed! They are indeed stealing personas, and not being very covert about it either. I wonder if personas stack, if a person can obtain several. Would they all just mush together into a mega-persona? It kinda looks from this week's episode that the stolen persona is subjugated and absorbed into the host's persona, but still retains its own individualities. At least at the beginning....

Good developments this episode, with the guys learning to at least bring out their personas on command. I like how there's still some of the 'new friendship' awkwardness between Shin and his classmates. Jun continues to exhibit strange behaviour, and it seems he can hear personas, and somehow affects them differently. Maybe some sort of an amplifying effect? Shin also took a tougher stance with Ryou, and managed to be very non-confrontational about it too. Ryou can't just keep ignoring them, and now he can't get rid of them either so it'll be interesting to see how he chooses to proceed from here.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Finally caught up on this. From what I saw, it looks like it's holding the persona captive. They might be able to drain power from them, but somehow I don't think there'll be any merging. The guys were talking about the machine at the beginning that could extract personas without killing the host. That makes me think that the guys/girls they're taking if from there are their subordinates, and they're extracting the stolen personas while leaving the original one behind, since they weren't really concerned about killing people before.

And the next installment to this series:

[Shinsen-Subs]_Persona_-_trinity_soul_episode_6.avi (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Persona_Trinity_Soul_-_06_%5B9597A8DA%5D.avi.torrent)

KitKat
Tue, 02-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I kinda got impatient waiting for Shinsen and watched the Ainex version of this ep. At first, I was disappointed that Persona was one of THOSE animes that threw in goofy episodes. Upon reflection though, it wasn't as goofy as it could have been, and I couldn't help but laugh when Ryou beat up those thugs while wearing his bear costume. Here's to hoping something awesome is going to happen in ep 7!

Buffalobiian
Thu, 02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
I thought it was funny when the guy asked what the Chief does when there's a Chief-for-a-day, and Jun looks over at the bear leaning against the rail. Guess Jun's intuition extends beyond personas. Dunno why, but Shinsen is slow on this series.

edit: Jun's "No way" at the park was probably in response to his brother in a bear costume.

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Shinsen says they drop because it sucks and was a let down, when it was supposed to be a sequel to Persona 3

Persona is dropped, unless you help! posted by Cyprene on Mon Feb 25 01:14:36 2008

Persona sucks. I'm done with it. I tried watching through 7 and 8, and it didn't help. Not funny, not dramatic, no fan service, no action, no anything. It's like a video camera following around a bunch of particularly boring high schoolers, and occasionally there's some action that's so hard to follow you may as well be watching a blank screen and listening to a "1001 movie sound effects" CD. I still can't figure out what the hell was happening in that fight at the end of episode 3.
I'd planned on waiting until Vincent got back to discuss this with him, but since he hasn't bothered to tell me where he is or when he's getting back I'm not waiting anymore, since that's not fair to any retards who are still watching this show for some reason and waiting for us to release an episode.

If for some reason, like maybe you were dropped on the head as a child, you want to continue watching this show, there are a number of other groups doing it. I can't make any suggestions as to which to watch, but I think Anime-Planet had a decently long comparison thread. If anybody has any suggestions, I'm lifting the restriction on discussing other groups work for this thread and this thread only, come tell the viewers whose version they should watch.

So that's where we're at. Now all this is my personal opinion, members of the group think that it may, possibly be worth continuing, as it might get better in a few eps, maybe somehow possibly. So the project is lacking a TL, the rest of the staff is in place.
If you want to TL this for us in my place, they'd be happy to have you. But there's a caveat. You need to not suck. I've given TL tests to a lot of people who wanted to translate this for us, but they were all such horrendous fail that it's better for the group's reputation and for fansubbing in general that they never be allowed near any anime, ever. So non-suckage is a prerequisite. Ask yourself this question: "Could I play the Japanese version of Persona FES (The one that's not out in the states so you're knowledge of the US version won't help you) with 99%+ comprehension? If the answer isn't yes, then don't bother. I mean that. When I talk to you I will ask that question and if the answer isn't an unabridged "Yes, I could." then I'm going to simply kick you from the channel and not talk to you. And you're not going to be able to fool me either, because the test for this is going to be murder-death level. Persona is not an easy anime by any means, and it's probably going to get harder if it gets more psychological. Also if you haven't seen the show as high up as its aired, watch it before applying, because I'm not kidding about it being really really bad. I loved the game. I was looking forward to this anime for months. And it's a huge let down.

Interested applicants, if by some miracle we've got any, should come by #shinsen-recruits or post in this thread. I think there's a contact email somewhere around here, you could email that too. Or you could come by the Shinsen channel. Or PM me. There are a lot of options.
[34 comment(s)]

http://www.shinsen-subs.org/

PS: I agree

KitKat
Mon, 02-25-2008, 07:51 PM
T_T

Guess that's why Shinsen was being so slow. Darnit. I can't not finish this series because I have to find out what happens.

animus
Mon, 02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
This anime did suck on so many levels.

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-25-2008, 10:13 PM
With Persona 3 FES announced today... I am definitely dropping this series as well (not that I watched past ep 1 though)

DDBen
Mon, 02-25-2008, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't really say this show has sucked its just convoluted the issue is finding another subber though with how different all the subs have been I kind of doubt I can just pick up with another group. Anyone here watching anything that isn't shinsen?

Kraco
Tue, 02-26-2008, 02:52 AM
I have been also feeling this hasn't proceeded in any direction during the last episodes. The police chief gets no real screen time and action anymore. It's just the high-schoolers (plus Jun) fooling around, being scared of bloody ghosts (what manner of a high-school guy fears ghosts anyway?) and generally being bad like that Shinsen dude said.

Maybe the script writers lost their own personas and being in a half-coma like that one girl in this show can't write the story any longer.

KitKat
Tue, 02-26-2008, 04:31 AM
I wouldn't really say this show has sucked its just convoluted the issue is finding another subber though with how different all the subs have been I kind of doubt I can just pick up with another group. Anyone here watching anything that isn't shinsen?

I have been watching Ainex, simply because they're the fastest. I don't really recommend them though. A lot of times the English translations are just awkward. I'm not sure if there are any groups out there doing much better.

I'm still hoping that this one will bring together all the scattered pieces of storyline into a cohesive whole. Even if it continues to go downhill, I'm going to see this through to the end. I haven't found it as terrible as everyone is saying it is, and kindof feel like a loser now for liking it after what everyone has said. At any rate, I think it has potential to make a strong comeback in the second half.

Kraco
Tue, 02-26-2008, 05:38 AM
and kindof feel like a loser now for liking it after what everyone has said. At any rate, I think it has potential to make a strong comeback in the second half.

It's the mighty power of the peer pressure! Seriously, though, even if it's generally a good idea to stick to your own opinions and what your own taste is telling you as long as we are talking about entertainment, reading complaints by others can open your eyes. It has certainly happened to me before when I've been watching some series purely out of a habit never really stopping to think the actual state of the show (especially if the show happened to start pretty strong).

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I have been watching Ainex, simply because they're the fastest. I don't really recommend them though. A lot of times the English translations are just awkward. I'm not sure if there are any groups out there doing much better.

I'm still hoping that this one will bring together all the scattered pieces of storyline into a cohesive whole. Even if it continues to go downhill, I'm going to see this through to the end. I haven't found it as terrible as everyone is saying it is, and kindof feel like a loser now for liking it after what everyone has said. At any rate, I think it has potential to make a strong comeback in the second half.

Maybe as a standalone product it wouldn't be 'bad'.

The main problem is saying its a 'sequel' to persona 3. When it got clear it was nowhere near similar to persona 3 most of the watchers (me included) got annoyed and dropped it (like that guy from Shinsen who states is also a fan of persona 3)

Maybe the concept is similar to persona and persona 2, but since most of persona 3 fans never played the original two (me again)...

I think that if I had watched this without playing the game, or without hearing it was a 'sequel' I maybe would be liking the series.

Most of the people who dislike this series played the game, and most of those that like it did not play it.

DDBen
Tue, 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Personally I've never so much as heard of the games so its fair to say I have liked the series based on not caring about the games or if its a sequel. The issue for me will be all the other subbers are terrible and while Shinsen isn't perfect it was the only one I could watch that I checked of the groups. The result could be I drop it even though I haven't been disliking it and thats unfortunate. Its really to scatterbrained of a show to attempt watching with bad subs so for now I guess I'll wait and see if anyone good picks this up.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-27-2008, 02:32 AM

You're not alone, KitKat!! I'm still in this, and I'm just gonna watch it. It hasn't been that bad, and knowing it was a sequel to Persona 3 didn't do much, cept tell me that if it's weird, it's because it's got a backstory. I know very well there are better shows right now that I'm not watching, like Shigofumi, that I should. I'll get that later as a batch. I was mainly hoping that Persona would have some Dark then Black action and stuff. Well, since Shinsen dropped this, I'll have to look for some other subber. I am reserving the right to drop it if it become unbearable though.

Kraco
Wed, 02-27-2008, 04:02 AM
I've been watching Ainex but replacing them with AniYoshi. AniYoshi's latest is only #4, though, so I'm not expecting them to catch up any time soon. But as long as they keep subbing, I'll have something for archiving.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Overdue update!

[Ainex] Persona - trinity soul 7 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_07_%5BXviD%5D%5BEDF37D8F%5D.avi.torrent), 8 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_08_%5BXviD%5D%5BC77AA064%5D.avi.torrent), 9 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_09_%5BXviD%5D%5B104DBD92%5D.avi.torrent).

After a big catch-up,I have to say, I'm a bit lost in the story at the moment. A girl from the gang infiltrates the school, that much I get, and I think she's somehow disowning her persona for the time being or something. But the girl in red and the feathers......I guess I'll have to keep watching. Also, interesting part about transplanting Yuki's brain into Jun's. I always thought it was psychological trauma left after his sister died, but it's more like physiological....I didn't know they can even do partial brain transplants.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-10-2008, 04:23 AM
That transplant doesnt really make much sense, at least from today's medical perspective.

Kraco
Mon, 03-10-2008, 04:34 AM
Yeah. It only makes sense from Bad Taste's perspective. But oh well; it seems to work well enough for the kid, even if it causes a slight duplicate personality. But that's the least of his problems in any case.

KitKat
Mon, 03-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Previously, I'd attributed it to the fact that they were twins, perhaps with linked personas (dual combination attack? That would be cool) and that when Yuki died her persona remained inside of Jun, thus her soul and part of her personality as well. I guess a brain transplant accomplishes much the same thing, but in a hit-you-over-the-head-with-a-sledgehammer style of storytelling. It also explains why Ryou has such a hard time spending time with his brothers, with the weight of his decision looming over him, and Jun as a visible reminder of that.

I was really surprised that they had Shin going on a "date" with the girl I'd seen the show setting up as Ryou's love interest. A lot of the episodes up till now have been weird, but this one was just exceptionally weird, with the music and the feathers and whatnot.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, the only thing the "date" managed to advance in the romance department is establish the fact that the girl will only look at Shin as a younger brother, and that the blue haired girl is definitely interested in Shin.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Ainex Persona - trinity soul - 10 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_10_%5BXviD%5D%5B09535D1F%5D.avi.torrent)

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Something good came from Trinity Soul...

The DVD (which one? dunno, don't care) released recently came with a 17 minute video trailer of Persona 4 for PS2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJt2ZnL9eTQ

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Late update, Persona - Trinity Soul by Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_11_%5BXviD%5D%5B1EDFF7AB%5D.avi.torrent)

Wow, just 0.o. That's some crazy se..um, shadow extraction addiction. ;) And green haired spy woman's making her move.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Persona trinity soul 12 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_12_%5BXviD%5D%5BFB24BCF8%5D.avi.torrent)

Does anyone else watching get the plot? I'm confused after this episode. All I know is that the doctor who saved Jun is the guy in the wheelchair. But he seems to be part of that troubling organisation, yet he says to Ryou about something troubling him as well. Looks like Ryou dies next episode, which is a pity. His screentime is like the only thing interesting to me in tthis show.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Persona Trinity Soul 13 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_13_%5BXviD%5D%5BDFBB7EED%5D.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Sat, 04-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I didn't expect Eiko to die. Though the moment she found the site of the battle it certainly started to seem more than likely. I wonder what was the significance of that place that she knew to drive there to look for Ryou. It'll be quite a shock to the brothers to lose both their older brother and Eiko, I reckon.

Still, the greater plot of this series is very hard to grasp.

KitKat
Wed, 04-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Still, the greater plot of this series is very hard to grasp.
Yeah, I hear that. I was fine with the fragmented storyline near the beginning, but by this point, I expected there to be a lot more to tie things together. They're introducing more mysteries faster than they're giving us answers which makes for discontented viewers. With the level of how much I understand of what is going on right now, I feel like this should be about the 5th or 6th episode, not more than halfway through the series. Maybe they're relying heavily on making allusions to the game to make up for it, but I can't tell since I've never played it. It'll probably be inertia that carries me through to the end. I really did like it a lot at the beginning.

Maybe we'll never find out what happened to Eiko now, or why she was having those strange visions like in the submarine. The most interesting piece of info gleaned from the latest ep is that the group is after Jun, or rather, his twin. Shin better start finding out what's going on or else I'm going to despair that they'll ever explain it to the viewers. Alternatively, they could make up for it with some epic battles.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Did Ryou really die? I thought he was going to judging from the preview before last, but comparing his wound to Eiko's, his wound is lower, he didn't die instantly, and he's missing the pool of blood that's surrounding Eiko.

I'm scratching my head at the storyline. We have a vague idea that those guys are bad and they want to steal Personas (the obvious), but that's it. That old guy was a bit weird though. At first, I thought he was a persona taking the form of a human, since he kind of transformed into one rather than release one. Also, when he was talking, we were looking at the monster, not the human. When he died though, we saw the guy in a chair screaming. So somehow, he can project his shape shifting persona for incredible distances....

Only other thing I got was that the red girl was someone close, probably his daughter or granddaughter. He (and his dad?) experimented on her and killed her, and because she's died, he's continuing this so she didn't die in vain.

I knew Jun could hear personas, but seemed like he heard Eiko's death rather than Ryou's.

Like KitKat said, the next episode will probably give us more questions than answers...

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Episode 14 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_14_%5BXviD%5D%5B61217ED4%5D.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-23-2008, 01:13 AM
Episode 15 (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_15_%5BXviD%5D%5B5EC3B898%5D.avi.torrent)

Nai
Wed, 04-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Just got around to watching episode 14... so, is that Akihiko from Persona 3 or what? Considering the cops called him Sanado-san I'm inclined to believe so. Truthfully, I haven't been very interested in this show at all but the appearance of what would seem to be Akihiko-senpai made the episode positively awesome for me given that he was one of my favorite characters from Persona 3. Hopefully this is a trend as the anime could be pure awesome if it took more from the source material.

... And who the hell is the caretaker guy really? His demeanor reminds me of Ken but his face reminds me more of Junpei. He's been in the anime all along but now it's obvious enough that he has some past connection to Akihiko which leads me to suspect that he's from Persona 3 as well.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Damn... I saw Akihiko appeared on this series... so maybe I'll re-start getting it... hopefully he will use an Evoker...

Has he?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
The last episode cleared some stuff up, but also introduced more questions. The temporary chief is the guy Ryou keeps talking to on the phone, correct? I'm trying to understand whtat their past organisation (the one with the old man) and the current one that steals people's personas have to do with each other. It's hard to tell whether Ryou is really gone or not, since he's got all those feathers around him when he shot. But with him gone now, it's up to Shin and the others to fight I guess.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Persona - trinity soul - 16 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_16_%5BXviD%5D%5BCD0F3C09%5D.avi.torrent)
Persona - trinity soul - 17 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_17_%5BXviD%5D%5B5F32EC14%5D.avi.torrent)

------------------------------
Alright fights, and some decent background knowledge of Megumi. Jun seems to have no real offensive capabilities, but rather nullifying and healing ones. I just don't like the new way they time the subtitles in Ep 17, kind of distracting.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Persona - trinity soul - 18v2 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_18v2_%5BXviD%5D%5BEF88B774%5D.avi.torrent). That was rather fast, didn't expect that.

After watching: incomprehensible, really.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Persona - trinity soul - 19 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_19_%5BXviD%5D%5BD1552C6D%5D.avi.torrent)
Persona - trinity soul - 20 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_20_%5BXviD%5D%5BD7E31B99%5D.avi.torrent)
----------------------------------------------------
Things are starting to get good. We're finally building up for a finale, with the enemy group finally making their move. Though the whole persona thing is as confusing as ever, it's interesting seeing that Ayane could steal Jun's personality away, but leave Yuki's. Somehow, this whole Whale and Feathers thing seems to be symbolic for something, but I can't quite put a finger on it.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Persona - trinity soul - 21 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_21_%5BXviD%5D%5B3ADC193E%5D.avi.torrent)

[Nipponsei] PERSONA -trinity soul- OP2 Single - WORD OF THE VOICE [FLOW].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20PERSONA%20-trinity%20soul-%20OP2%20Single%20-%20WORD%20OF%20THE%20VOICE%20%5BFLOW%5D.zip.torren t)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Persona - trinity soul - 22 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_22_%5BXviD%5D%5B8036CB31%5D.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Persona - Trinity Soul - 23 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_23_%5BXviD%5D%5B32472909%5D.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Persona - Trinity Soul - 24 Ainex (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_24_%5BXviD%5D%5B34FE62D1%5D.avi.torrent)

KitKat
Thu, 06-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Just checking in to say that I'm downloading all the episodes I missed, and hopefully will get caught up on this soon. I'm determined to finish it, just haven't had reliable internet for a while. Here's to hoping that it improves after episode 14 where I left off (although, I've been hoping this after every ep and have yet to see my wish granted...)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-06-2008, 03:52 AM
Good to see someone else watching this other than me. :)

[Nipponsei] PERSONA -trinity soul- Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20PERSONA%20-trinity%20soul-%20Original%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent)

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Well... I retook the series just because Akihiko appeared, and I am up to date with Ainex...
First half of series was damn bad... but after Ayane's story started to develop it went uphill.
I still dislike the theme of stealing other's persona... but apart from that it has been good lately (thank god they Killed Kanaru as well...)

And no surprise... I like Ayane and Kayano (both red-heads)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Almost there...

Persona -Trinity Soul- 25 [XviD].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_25_%5BXviD%5D%5B1F2D57ED%5D.avi.torrent)
Persona -Trinity Soul- 25 [1024x576 h264].mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_25_%5B1024x576_h264%5D%5BFB08BAC1%5D.mkv.torrent) (I never realised they released in Enhanced Definition, but here you go)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-22-2008, 07:02 AM
And with this we're finished. I'll be watching everything from ep 24 onwards on the weekend.

Persona -Trinity Soul- 26 [XviD][Final].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/ainex/%5Bainex%5DPersona_-Trinity_Soul-_26_%5BXviD%5D%5BFinal%5D%5B4302105C%5D.avi.torren t)

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Finally watched the ending.
Dunno how to really feel about it. I mean... the story could have taken so many directions...

Many introduced things were cool... like the experimentation on the Personae... guess they decided to check them instead of Shadows... but were they not aware of the Dark Hour years previously?

I hate the fact adults supposedely lose their ability to summon them... I would have loved to see Akihiko using Caesar... or to see other old faces... like Yukari or Aigis...

What was the use of Igor here?

Why did this Persona-users not use spells, but only flew? Did they have no training?

Oh well... could have been worst... at least Kanaru died. Ayane was a great character as well.

KitKat
Wed, 07-30-2008, 06:36 PM
And I finally finished the last two episodes of this today!

It did start to feel more like a cohesive story at the end, but from start to finish this anime was just sloppy and disorganized. The story was solid, and had a lot of potential, but the presentation was just terrible. I feel like this anime had schizophrenia. It couldn't really decide what it was about. Was it about the dangers of unethical experimentation on human subjects? Was it about protecting your family and loved ones? Was it about atoning for the wrongdoings of the past? Was it about what it means to be human? With no unifying theme, all the different story elements seem jumbled together.

As for the ending, I was really disappointed that Ryou had such a small role. He started out as a strong character, and a formidable opponent for the Marebito, but then he goes into his "we'll just go to sleep with the whale" spiel. Pfft. At least Shin put a stop to that nonsense. What happens to Ryou at the end though? Does he stay with the whale? Does he come back? They never really dealt with the fact that his persona killed the girl he loved. To the end, he's completely impassive and doesn't let a single emotion show.

I think my favourite episode was where Shin goes shopping with Yuki. It was fun to get the perspective of the one sister in the family of boys, and also a bit heartbreaking to discover that Jun has been taken away and she's been left. Their story is a bit heartbreaking in general, but I thought it was very well illustrated in that episode. The shopping trip was like this little pool of sunlight in the shadows of the main storyline.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-31-2008, 09:10 AM
If you have time you should try Persona 3 FES for the PS2. And coming december Persona 4, also PS2.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-02-2008, 05:05 AM
I just finished it as well, one or two weeks behind schedule. Completely agreeing with that KitKat said, I was still fairly confused by everything, and the general direction (which was none) that the show was taking. Would prior knowledge have helped this? I don't think it would have been likely. Add the whales to the list of things they didn't explain. I still don't know what they are.

On a positive note, this series did have some decent animation, and though dealt with poorly, it did touch on some meaningful themes. In addition to Yuki's shopping scene, I thought Megumi and Morimoto's backstory episodes were two of the better done aspects of this show.

Overall, I'll say it's a so-so series. Confusing, and somewhat slow near the beginning, but definitely not Naruto-slow. It'd probably be more enjoyable to consider it a sequel/ supplement for the games rather than a standalone anime. I don't regret picking it up.