PDA

View Full Version : Kakashi's big event?

darkshadow
Sat, 01-05-2008, 08:02 AM
""Not sure if this is true or not. But it's posted by Bochi from Narutofan, who went to Jump Fiesta 2008 awhile ago. He/she saw Kishimoto being asked some questions by Junko (VA Naruto), Noriaki (VA Sasuke), Chie (VA Sakura) and Kazuhiko (VA Kakashi) on the manga for this upcoming year."

"1. Is Jiraiya dead?
Kishi : He lives..............................in your heart.
Naruto has to be grown up. Shikamaru also needed to be grown up. And Sakura will have to be grown up, too. Lee? Lee doesn't need to be grown up anymore.

2. What's gonna happen next year?
Kishi : Started with Sasuke vs Itachi battle.
I'm gonna write about mainly Sasuke next year. And Kakashi and Sakura, after that. Especially Kakashi. I can't tell yet but a huge event will happen to him.

3. What kind of way of ending do you do with Sasuke vs Itachi battle?
Kishi : I can't tell. But I have kept this waiting to manga readers for a long time. So I'll have to make everyone gets content with it.

4. Describe the color of Sasuke vs Itachi battle.
Kishi : Glossy-Black

5. Describe the color of Kakashi story which you just mentioned about.
Kishi : Dark Blue(sadness?)

6. You said you're gonna write about Sasuke, Kakashi and Sakura. What about Naruto?
Kishi : Naruto has to wait.

7. Are you gonna write the battle of each member of Hebi?
Kishi : Actually I didn't want to. But Shueisha ordered me to do with something about them.""

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 01-05-2008, 10:07 AM
That could be cool. I mean this show is so much more that just Naruto. So it would be nice to see the others more, that is if it is done tastefully.

Idealistic
Sat, 01-05-2008, 10:33 AM
In other words, the Naruto story has years to go!!!! Meaning the whole Akatsuki arcs won't be close to the ending by far!

Whoooo!!

Yukimura
Sat, 01-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Naruto has to be grown up. Shikamaru also needed to be grown up. And Sakura will have to be grown up, too.

+

And Kakashi and Sakura, after that. Especially Kakashi. I can't tell yet but a huge event will happen to him.

+

We have Kakashi, and we have Naruto when that times comes.

+

Shikamaru grows up after Asuma dies. Naruto grows up after Jiraiya dies?

=?!

Tsunade dies, Sakura grows up, Hatake Kakash becomes the 6th Hokage?

Rikudo
Sat, 01-05-2008, 04:33 PM
It seems like Kakashi will take most of the responsibility of honing the young Konoha ninjas, which might equal to him becoming a hokage. Tsunade might turn up dead battling the roots. Naruto will go in a soul searching quest so he will be out of the picture for a while.

darkshadow
Sat, 01-05-2008, 05:47 PM
i think sakura growing up will be sasuke related.

Assassin
Sun, 01-06-2008, 12:21 AM
i hope its only sasuke related in as much as her realizing sasuke was just a fad. the only time sakura has been developed was during the sakura/ino fight...and that sucked quite a bit. I dont want some girly flower power love triangle in a ninja anime.

Abdula
Sun, 01-06-2008, 08:14 PM
That could be cool. I mean this show is so much more that just Naruto. So it would be nice to see the others more, that is if it is done tastefully.

True, but I think what you meant to say was that the story could be so much better without Naruto.

Naruto has to be grown up. Shikamaru also needed to be grown up. And Sakura will have to be grown up, too.

+

And Kakashi and Sakura, after that. Especially Kakashi. I can't tell yet but a huge event will happen to him.

+

We have Kakashi, and we have Naruto when that times comes.

+

Shikamaru grows up after Asuma dies. Naruto grows up after Jiraiya dies?

=?!

Tsunade dies, Sakura grows up, Hatake Kakash becomes the 6th Hokage?

Really is that what you think. I think Kakashi will die which will cause Sakura and Naruto to grow up and he did describe it as dark blue. Asuma was Shikmaru's teacher and while Naruto and Sakura will undoubtedly be affected by the deaths of their Sannin counterparts I don't think it would be as much as if Kakashi was killed. He is their teacher, they knew him longer, he had more impact on their lives and they have a much stronger bond with him.

Two its far more probable that Kakashi, a ninja who is always in the field and comes into contact with Akatsuki quite often will die than Tsunade who is the hokage and always in the village. Secondly I don't think we will see another hokage's death.

While there are plenty of ways or reasons why Tsunade could be involved in a battle that results in her death especially since the other Sannin or all dead. So he could just be killing them all off, or it could be root, or it could just simply be her trying to get revenge for Jiraiya but I really doubt we will see yet another hokage killed.

What is far more likely is that Kakashi who's job is to watch over Naruto would die protecting Naruto especially considering that they are currently in a battle with Akatsuki although I don't think anything will happen here. However Madara did order Pein to capture Naruto and Kakashi losing his life in that battle in order to protect Naruto is very likely and that would force Naruto and Sakura to grow up especially if they witness it. Then again Pein could attack the village and Tsunade could be killed in the battle or they could both be killed in the battle or neither could happen. I just think Kakashi being killed is far more likely and it would have a major impact on all the members of team seven and the village as a whole. IF he does die then Yamato could become the leader of the group permanently which would give him something to do since after this mission Kakashi should take over that position.

SilentSnake
Sun, 01-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Kakashi's death is unlikely in near future imho.

Naruto without Kakashi = crappy show :P

No Jiraiya sucks already :C

May be farfetched or crazy, but I would really see it more fit now for Tsunade to die and Kakashi to take over. That would be a huge event for him and kinda dark blue'ish imho :p

Abdula
Sun, 01-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Well we haven't really seen anything that could merit you saying no Jiraiya sucks as he just died and no one even knows it yet. Even so its not as if we used to see him much anyway so it really won't change much. Now no Kakashi could be a big change I don't think it would make Naruto a crappy show as that is Naruto's job but it could take the show in a whole new direction.

Kakashi's death could change the entire mood of the series and not having the
ingenuity, skill and experience of Kakashi to fall back on would completely change how Naruto and Sakura operates. Kakashi has been their safety net, the Zabuza arc, the chuunin exams, the Gaara arc, Hidan and Kakuzu even now. Kakashi is their leader and he is the one that makes the decisions and guides and protects them. Beyond that he is the only one on that team that Akatsuki view as a threat and with out him Naruto, Sakura and Sai even with Yamato wouldn't be able to do much. Kishi did describe it as dark blue and at this point there is nothing that would have a more powerful or direct impact on Naruto and Sakura as Kakashi's death.

SilentSnake
Mon, 01-07-2008, 05:29 AM
Well we haven't really seen anything that could merit you saying no Jiraiya sucks as he just died and no one even knows it yet. Even so its not as if we used to see him much anyway so it really won't change much. Now no Kakashi could be a big change I don't think it would make Naruto a crappy show as that is Naruto's job but it could take the show in a whole new direction.

Kakashi's death could change the entire mood of the series and not having the
ingenuity, skill and experience of Kakashi to fall back on would completely change how Naruto and Sakura operates. Kakashi has been their safety net, the Zabuza arc, the chuunin exams, the Gaara arc, Hidan and Kakuzu even now. Kakashi is their leader and he is the one that makes the decisions and guides and protects them. Beyond that he is the only one on that team that Akatsuki view as a threat and with out him Naruto, Sakura and Sai even with Yamato wouldn't be able to do much. Kishi did describe it as dark blue and at this point there is nothing that would have a more powerful or direct impact on Naruto and Sakura as Kakashi's death.

yup.

But we can pretty much say for sure that Jiraiya is dead. This sucks ofc, cause we'll miss him even though he is was not seen much.

I can't imagine the show without Kakashi though, my only presumption that Kishi won't kill him off is because of the fact that most of the people would agree with me on that one and Kishi could be afraid of the show losing it's edge.

You look at it from the reader's perspective, I try to predict how far Kishi is willing to go, nothing more.

Apart from that I do agree that Kakashi's death would mean that Naruto and Sakura REALLY gotta grow up, but at the moment we can quite safely assume that Kishi uses sannin's death for each of them to grow up. (Sasuke kills off Oro -> is on his own now, Naruto loses Jiraiya -> I wouldn't want to be around when he learns about it, Sakura... ?)

symbol9991
Mon, 01-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Another thought is that Kakashi could be seriously injured....so much so that he cannot continue being a Ninja or at least not for some time. This would serve to make Naruto and Sakura grow up as well as he would be removed on a more permanent basis from any field ops thereby taking away his leadership in the field. I for one did not forsee Jiriya getting killed. I think it would be another huge shocker if Kakashi got killed and agree with Abdula's rationale as to why such event might actually take place. I could also see Tsunade going into the field to revenge Jiriya's death and perhaps getting killed. She is hot tempered (though less so since becoming Hokage) and I think that she really loved Jiriya both as a friend and perhaps on deeper levels than even she may have been aware. Tsunade is ultra strong but we have not seen how well she handles Genjitsu.

As far as Sakura is concerned. I think both she and Naruto may have to accept that Sasuke is no longer the person that they both once loved. This and the potential of losing Kakashi seems like the two events that would force the two of them to grow up.

Assertn
Mon, 01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
I also read this as Tsunade will die.

Garhert
Tue, 01-08-2008, 12:23 PM
7. Are you gonna write the battle of each member of Hebi?

Can somebody explain me what Hebi means? :confused:

Abdula
Tue, 01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't know how you could not know this if you read the manga but........

Hebi or Snake is the group of ninjas Sasuke leads. Juugo, Karin, Suigetsu and Sasuke.

Garhert
Tue, 01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
thanks for the answer...

I know about snake but i canīt remember about hebi.

I think only sujgetsu could be funny (fight vs kisame). I donīt like karin and juugo.

Abdula
Tue, 01-08-2008, 02:15 PM
This is off topic but how can you not like Juugo? Karin I get but Juugo, come on there is so much potential there.

Yukimura
Tue, 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Lol, there are no characters who are universally appealing.

Anyway we need more scenarios. How might Tsunade die? When she finds out about Jiraiya will she just rush off to the rain village? I can see a fight between her and Pein going very differently than Pein vs Jiraiya due to her super strength (just imagine her beating up giant summons) but in the end the multiple bodies and immortality would most likely lead to her down fall. But maybe she'll discover the secret of the shared vision thing and develop a counter of some sort first.

Or...will Jiraiya's death give Danzou more clout as a proponent of taking a more harsh stance towards things in order to ensure security? I'm not sure how this would work, but somehow that could lead to Tsunade being ousted and then assassinated thanks to a nefarious trap!

Abdula
Tue, 01-08-2008, 06:10 PM
More of a rant than a post.

Most likely? Physical attacks didn't do anything against Pein and atleast Jiraiya had good long distance attacks and supplemental jutsus that allowed him to attack Pein without getting too close. Hell he even stabbed them through the chest and it didn't make a difference.

Tsunade's primary fighting style is just punching the crap out of people and if Pein is resistant to physical attacks that would be all for naught. Beyond that she doesn't even have the potential to generate enough power to defeat Pein her taijutsu and her medical jutsus are all she is known for.

Jiraiya knew Pein he trained him yet he was unable to do anything against Pein so I highly doubt Tsunade someone who is completely unfamiliar with him could do anything. Even if she does figure out the secret of his vision unless that secret would entail some way to automatically kill him she doesn't stand a chance against him even without the other bodies. Even before he had summoned the other bodies, without Pein directly attacking Jiraiya he had already backed him into a corner and forced him to use hermit mode.

She could beat on summons all she wants all that would be doing is wasting her energy and as we saw before she doesn't even have much to spare. Even when using her secret weapon against Oro she could only last a couple minutes. The first major thing Pein did against Jiraiya was use that chameleon summon how would she be able to deal with something like that. Tsunade just doesn't have the abilities necessary to defeat someone like Pein, I doubt she could have done it when she was in her prime and I know she certainly can't do it now.

Just think about it Tsunade is a close range fighter who uses taijutsu and medical jutsus. What we saw of Pein so far suggests that he is primarily a mid to long range fighter who specializes in ninjutsu and summoning jutsus. Just by that alone he would have a distinct advantage over her and Tsunade is not like the other sannin, in fact I would go as far as saying that she isn't even in the same league as Oro and Jiraiya.

If she does manage to find out something all she could do is send in Naruto and some others and lay out a strategy for them to use against Pein. No one can convince me that Tsunade has the chakra, strength, skill or jutsus it would take to defeat Pein. Tsunade was never as good as Jiraiya or Oro and they didn't lose anything because of their age where as she has lost alot, she sunk as low as letting Kabuto kick her around. Her trying to fight Pein especially if she knows that not only is he the leader of Akatsuki meaning that Kisame, Itachi and most importantly Oro worked under him but he is Jiraiya's student who Jiraiya himself was unable to defeat would be suicide. So while I don't put some futile attempt at revenge beyond Tsunade I just think she knows better and she has other responsibilities.

Tsunade vs Pein would be the biggest mismatch we have seen in a battle in Naruto. All that being said if she is going to die this is the way it is most likely going to happen. She is definitely emotional enough to go after Pein and she has no problem neglecting her responsibilities as the Hokage. Even if that doesn’t happen I believe that when this mission is over Pein will go after Naruto and if he happens to be in the village at that time, that would be epic. More importantly she already said that if it comes to it and the village is threatened because of Akatsuki and the decisions she has made with regard to Naruto she would sacrifice her life to protect the village. Although that is played out already, I mean how many people at this point have already done that, but still it could happen.

masterofwee
Tue, 01-08-2008, 10:15 PM
the big event that will happen to kakashi is that his face will be shown.

GurrenLagann
Thu, 01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry guys, This might sound rude butt..

This all sounds like a bunch of bullshit. >_>;;

boilerph
Fri, 01-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Why does everyone act like Tsunade has to die for Kakashi to become Hokage? If I remember correctly in the 3rd's flashbacks the first and second were both there and told him he was going to be made the third. Granted we've been given no idea of how multiple hokages would work but that flashback shows that there was a time with 3 hokages all living in the village.

BTW, am I the only one praying that Jiraiya is brought back. I know it's not going to happen but I hate his death. I've even cooked up a ridiculous theory for it...the hermit frog summoned another frog that swallowed Jiraiya's body as it was sinking and took it to toad mountain to heal. Not since Wolfwood have I been so upset to see a character go.

Abdula
Fri, 01-11-2008, 12:20 PM
While that is a bad example because the third wasn't hokage then you do have a point. Both the second and the first were alive at that point just as before the kyuubi attacked both the third and the fourth were alive. As I've said before I believe if anyone is going to die it is going to be Kakashi.

So yeah Tsunade doesn't have to die for Kakashi to become hokage but some people just believe Tsunade is going to die although that is not without reason as Kishi has just been killing off the Sannin and there are plenty of ways in which Tsunade could die like trying to get revenge for Jiraiya which I don't think is going to happen, or Danzou killing her which I think is BS or more likely Pein attacking the village and she dies defending it which is played out.

In any case while I know why some people think Tsunade will die I'm completely against it. My bet is Kakashi if anyone.

SilentSnake
Fri, 01-11-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry guys, This might sound rude butt..

This all sounds like a bunch of bullshit. >_>;;

ALL ? try proving all said here wrong or go back to academy :D (just a wordplay, don't feel offended by it)

Or at least be more specific, I have to agree that It's unlikely for Kakashi to show his face:p

He can't let his horse mouth come out to the light of day... :eek:

GurrenLagann
Fri, 01-18-2008, 12:20 PM
ALL ? try proving all said here wrong or go back to academy :D (just a wordplay, don't feel offended by it)

Or at least be more specific, I have to agree that It's unlikely for Kakashi to show his face:p

He can't let his horse mouth come out to the light of day... :eek:

Well I just find it hard to believe. It doesn't seem official. And ANN doesnt report anything of the sort...plus it came from another forum... :/

Also Jiraiya is dead, let him dead only way he's gonna come back is by pain using his body as a puppet to mess with Naruto's head. Tsunade doesn't have to die but she might retire in some way to open up the spot for naruto to become a hokage.

FullMetalAlchemist
Fri, 01-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Not sure who, but someone said kakashi has a much larger impact on sakura and narutos life then jiraya and tsunade. I have to dissagree. for one naruto has spent 10x's more time with jiraya training then he ever did with kakashi, he even lived with him for 3 years lol. Kakashi only tought naruto how to climb tree with chakra and only had him for about 6 months before he left konoha for the training. Same with sakura she trained with tsunade during the three years not with kakashi. So to them thier real masters are jiraya and tsunade, kakashi is real close to them but i dont think in the way as thier masters.

The only one who really had a bond in the team with kakashi was sasuke. He was the only one that actual trained with kakashi, both had sharingan, and both had close people they lost (which when he found out, he calmed down alot, until the sound 4 attacked him and made him question his power again).

Kakashi taking over as hokage is set up also with the addition of yamato taking over team 7 pretty much, they can easily place kakashi as hokage with the death of tsunade. They haven't shown us a stronger ninja in the village either. If they did i would expect them to be sent after akatsuki to not just kakashi.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 01-18-2008, 02:21 PM
I got to sound off here and honestly I think Tsunande is going die. Mostly because it follows the major new theme that Kakashi has been pushing hard in the shipuuden series and that is the new generation overtaking the old which has sort of replaced the whole underdog theme from part 1 of naruto trying to prove himself.

We've seen it progressively in the death of asuma with Shikimaru rising to take responsibility and his place (and gaining possibly the most badass akatsuki kill yet in the series) and that's been further continued by the death's of Orochimaro and Jiraiya.

If anything the theme is further continued by the fact that the Akatsuki is mostly composed of old world ninja's who sort of serve as a conglomeration of the sins of the past.

The biggest one being that of Tobi seeing how pein has referred to him as Mandara implying that he is either uchila mandara or closely connected to him and that is the key that will tie into all of the events that have been set in motion.

Honestly Akatsuki's real objective probably isn't world domination or creating a bichu powered nuclear-no-jutsu. Seeing how they're all being manipulated by tobi the true goal of the akatsuki is only known by him.

Jiraiya has set in motion through use of that seal frog thingy the steps that will allow naruto to step forward and take is place in the future generation leader so hopefully it'll be something cool that makes on par with sasuke who honesty is like fricking god right now.

So yeah I think tsunande will die fighting Konan mostly because she has yet to prove herself and I think she needs to earn her Akatsuki credentials other then the fact that she knew the guy that became pein back when they were still kids.

Dammit I'm still honestly pissed that we still haven't gotten any explanation for what or how the rinngan works. But I'm guessing we'll be getting some major bombshell developments during the Sasuke vs. Itachi fight.

Also predict that Pein takes on Jiraiya as one of his bodies and brings him back full of piercings.

Also who else wants to see zetsu fight. Seeing how we've never gotten to see him do much of anything yet.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Fri, 01-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Not sure who, but someone said kakashi has a much larger impact on sakura and narutos life then jiraya and tsunade. I have to dissagree. for one naruto has spent 10x's more time with jiraya training then he ever did with kakashi, he even lived with him for 3 years lol. Kakashi only tought naruto how to climb tree with chakra and only had him for about 6 months before he left konoha for the training. Same with sakura she trained with tsunade during the three years not with kakashi. So to them thier real masters are jiraya and tsunade, kakashi is real close to them but i dont think in the way as thier masters.

The only one who really had a bond in the team with kakashi was sasuke. He was the only one that actual trained with kakashi, both had sharingan, and both had close people they lost (which when he found out, he calmed down alot, until the sound 4 attacked him and made him question his power again).

Kakashi taking over as hokage is set up also with the addition of yamato taking over team 7 pretty much, they can easily place kakashi as hokage with the death of tsunade. They haven't shown us a stronger ninja in the village either. If they did i would expect them to be sent after akatsuki to not just kakashi.

I have to disagree with you on Kakashi, he was the first teacher for Naruto and Sakura. They had their first missions with him and he contributed a lot to their character growth. Never abandoning your comrades and helping them through the transition between student and actual ninja are all things that they experienced with him. He may not have actually taught them as much as Jiraiya and Tsunade but hes definitely just as important.

Abdula
Fri, 01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
@ FMA, he already said what I was going to say but Kakashi definitely plays a much more important role in the lives of team seven than any of the sannin do. Despite the fact that each member was trained by a sannin, the bond they formed as team seven is stronger than anything else which is why they want Sasuke back in the first place. So yeah the Sannin trained them but Team Seven was their first bond and their most important bond. Kakashi is their teacher and he is the one who guides and protects them and they look up to him more than anyone else.

Bleach4Me
Wed, 01-23-2008, 12:13 PM
The biggest one being that of Tobi seeing how pein has referred to him as Mandara implying that he is either uchila mandara or closely connected to him and that is the key that will tie into all of the events that have been set in motion.

Tobi calls himself Madara

Chap 364 pg 17

animus
Wed, 01-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Tobi calls himself Madara

Chap 364 pg 17

Not directly, he says his power is that of Madara's.

pranavrulz
Fri, 01-25-2008, 12:29 AM
actually refering to the dark blue about kakashi, i think it has to do with the uchiha clan, since that is primarily their color i see. also that could also mean that tobi is a member of the uchiha clan (such as the theory of him being madara/obito). Also, with the spoiler i just posted, kakashi took the eye and who knows wats up with his MS

Black Knight
Fri, 01-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Sakura will grow up.

Translation: Sakura will become a woman.

animus
Sat, 01-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Big titties incoming

Idealistic
Sat, 01-26-2008, 03:01 AM
Big titties incoming

She's about 15 years old right now, I don't think she'll develop any bigger titties. Don't girls stop growing at 16?

Yukimura
Mon, 01-28-2008, 02:29 AM
No, women don't stop growing at 16.

rockmanj
Mon, 01-28-2008, 08:03 AM
She could always use that genjutsu Tsunade is known for.

Assertn
Mon, 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
I got to sound off here and honestly I think Tsunande is going die. Mostly because it follows the major new theme that Kakashi has been pushing hard in the shipuuden series and that is the new generation overtaking the old which has sort of replaced the whole underdog theme from part 1 of naruto trying to prove himself.
Or she could just...retire.....

rockmanj
Mon, 01-28-2008, 10:15 PM
That's entirely plausible too; it's not like she really wanted that job anyway.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Tue, 01-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Not really, shes only had the job for 3 years. I can't see her being allowed to retire so early into her role.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 01-29-2008, 01:17 PM
And who is going to stop her from quitting?

Chiodos
Tue, 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM
The townspeople of Konoha? No ?

Abdula
Tue, 01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
No one is going to stop her from retiring. She can retire whenever she wants as long as she finds a suitable replacement.

conquistaDan
Wed, 01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Which should be Kakashi next. As much as I think he's unqualified and unable to lead peeps of Konoha.

rockmanj
Wed, 01-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I think he would be quite a capable leader, but I'm not sure if he is the most powerful ninja in the village (which the hokage supposedly is). Heck, at this point, Sasuke could probably own him now (which would be a little ironic if he became the hokage). But I'm not saying he isn't suitable for the job, or anything.

Abdula
Wed, 01-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Well the hokage isn't and doesn't have to be the strongest ninja in the village and at this point I can't think of anyone in the village who I would consider to be stronger than Kakashi. Whether Sasuke would be able to defeat him or not doesn't matter because Sasuke is not currently a member of the village and so what if Sasuke could beat him, its not like Hokages are invincible and the Uchihas are in a completely different league than everyone else.

rockmanj
Thu, 01-31-2008, 02:21 AM
I was just remarking on the irony of the situation, if it ever happened, and hearkening back to when Oro fought the 3rd. We don't know whats going to happen, so its not like i was saying that was definitely going to occur...but whatever. And the Uchihas are pretty ridiculous these days. Good thing that there are only like 3 left.

Sapphire
Fri, 02-01-2008, 05:51 AM
I agree with the notion that something might happen to Tsunade to cause Sakura to "grow up" as Shikamaru did. I also agree with the theory that Kakashi will become Hokage because of it, or at least be thrust into a life or death mission or something, causing Naruto to realize he can't live as a whiny idiot forever and "grow up" as well, or something like that.

I'm personally glad that Kishi is deciding not to mention Naruto as much at the moment. Things happening on Sasuke's side are much more interesting, what with Hebi and all. When the manga pans back to Naruto, I just shake my head because it is usually him getting bitch slapped by Sakura or something. Yes I know he is the protagonist.

I'm also waiting for Naruto to work on his speed. The way he is now even if he has the strongest jutsu evar he is not that fast, at least not as fast as he should be to ever hope of fighting with Sasuke and lasting. He has managed to make a super duper A+ Rasengan though (I forget the name), but in the end he is too slow to use it, it's incomplete (not his fault), and he practically fractures and destroys every cell in his arm to use it (better or worse than 4 tails?)

So I hope Naruto at least gets some better speed skills while the manga is focused on Sasuke for awile, I don't really expect Naruto's fighting strategies to get much better than they already are, though he is improving very slightly by attacking with shadow clones to find their weak spots/distract his enemies or whatever (a slight improvement from before), while at the same time hiding himself in shadow clones (did this years ago), I think that we can all agree that he has no chance with someone who diffused lightning through his body to diffuse miniature bombs. Naruto of course has more chakra, but that doesn't really matter if you're dead, so I guess we can only hope for him to get faster or find a skill that doesn't slowly kill him.