PDA

View Full Version : DB halt subbing Naruto and all projects! Where to get now?

yvliew
Thu, 01-03-2008, 07:05 AM
DB halt subbing Naruto and all projects! Where to get now?

some ppl just won't stop uploading to streaming websites..

itadakimasu
Thu, 01-03-2008, 07:28 AM
even though they say its not a troll and it has a more serious tone to it i still think its a troll...

and if it were not a troll, there are a couple other fansub groups that do both bleach and naruto and i'm sure we would live even if DB is the best.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 01-03-2008, 07:41 AM
As I recall when Naruto started out Toriyama World were the best group around, but they were so slow and eventually stopped subbing it. The everyone switched to ANBU-Aone, which were also very good but not quite as good as TW. About this time another group started, I think it was AH, which eventually became DB. This group was always considered to be rubbish, but people started to download it due to their speed. Once ANBU-Aone left it was pretty much DB left.

So I don't think if another group comes we will be losing something big. Naruto is such a popular show that someone is bound to pick it up.

Kraco
Thu, 01-03-2008, 08:03 AM
What would the DB dudes do instead? They will stob subbing when they get married, get kids, get a job that grants no extra time, or something else unrelated to subbing but related to the time it requires. Or if big bad cops come and throw them into a prison for stealing material from small angry Japanese businessmen.

SilentSnake
Thu, 01-03-2008, 08:38 AM
There was also saiyaman who made some fast-subs for naruto community, then ah picked it up and become db IIRC.

I'm sure that if DB resign there will be someone to pick up after them.

Naruto won't die that easily, that's for sure.

Yukimura
Thu, 01-03-2008, 09:19 AM
This is just another troll, the statement (http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/58) they released matches almost perfectly with a statement released by some random Kdrama site that shut down because they were an irc only script factory but people were using their scripts to make hard subs and posting them on streaming video sites. db just replaced the name of that group with Dattebayo and the names of the Kdrama with their anime titles.

EDIT: Link to blog post with the original Kdrama subber's statement, decide for yourselves:
WITH S2 fansubbing policy (http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/12/with-s2-fansubbing-policy/)

SilentSnake
Thu, 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM
WITH S2 fansubbing policy (http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/12/with-s2-fansubbing-policy/)

Now THAT'S some relevant piece of info.

thx.

Looks like they won't stop, at least not in the near future :P

Harima Kenji
Thu, 01-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they are just trolling again. If they really mean it they would've made their own text, instead of just 'borrowing' it from another.

Mhalador
Thu, 01-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Bleach isn't airing this week either is it? Sounds like they are just taking the opportunity to make a point.

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-03-2008, 05:14 PM
can i close this topic yet?

Maverick-DBZ-
Thu, 01-03-2008, 05:51 PM
They always do this. It's such BS every single time. As far as I can remember every time they would post news like that it always ended up being a troll post. It's never going to end with these people and I'm surprised there are still a rare few that fall for it. :p

Wait a week and you'll all see Bleach and Naruto being subbed by DB. :eek: ;)

As long as they get a few people tricked it's enough for them. :p

Assassin
Thu, 01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
oh, for fucks sake. topic closed.

The next time i see a retarded thread about DB's antics im banning the person who made it....and if im in a bad mood, i'll ban anyone who participates in it too. We have a thread dedicated to DB's douchebaggery. I dont want to see crap like this again.