PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Winter 2007/2008

Buffalobiian
Tue, 01-01-2008, 11:43 PM
It doesn't look like this season will have as many new series airing as it did last season, but there should be some promising ones nevertheless. Here's a torrent link containing most of this season's previews. (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=31163&name=Winter%202008%20CMs%20and%20PVs.torrent)

Contents: ARIA The ORIGINATION (CM), H2O ~FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND~ (PV), Hatenkou Yuugi (CM), Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de (CM), Mnemosyne (PV), Ookami to Koushinryou (CMx2), PERSONA - trinity soul (CM, PV), Rosario to Vampire (CM, PV), Shigofumi (CMx2), true tears (PVx2), Yatterman (CMx2), and Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (CMx2) (source: http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007/12/30/winter-2008-preview/

Two must see for me this season'll be Rosario to Vampire and PERSONA, though some others look interesting too.

animus
Tue, 01-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Must see is Wolf and Spice for me, which I've read the only 3 chapters scanlated out atm.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
H20 looks kinda interesting from the preview. If the scanlations are any indication of the anime, I'll look into Wolf and Spice too.

Yukimura
Wed, 01-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Definately
Rosario to Vampire - the manga is all the rage, might as well give this a try.
Persona - Serious anime with exploding people...how can I not?
More Zetsubou Sensei? - yes please
More Miniami-ke? - yes please
H20 - If it rocks my socks I guess I have no choice.
Kara no Kyoukai Part 1 - Fukan Fūkei

Maybe's
Wolf & Spice - makes me think of Baccano for some random reason.
true tears - most likely candidate for the School Days/Myself; Yourself show so might as well.
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - Gotta have some eye candy somewhere.
Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi - 6 hour-long eps so it can't really hurt to watch.

Death13a
Wed, 01-02-2008, 03:21 AM
Here my list
Rosario to Vampire - I like manga I hope anime will no fan service too much.
Persona- sounds/ looks interesting
Gunslinger Girl 2nd Series - YEY ( 08.01.2008 till 01.04.2008)
Miniami-ke - I am currently having a withdraw, need mmmmoooorrreeee.

masamuneehs
Wed, 01-02-2008, 10:31 AM
i haven't even finished a bunch of animes from before...

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Persona

those are the only two I'll say 'absolutely yes' to right now, although, as mentioned, H20 looks like it'll draw me in for a bit (note, i said the same thing for this season about Dragonaut the Resonance, and look how that turned out. different shows, i know)

Munsu
Wed, 01-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Here are some anime that should be coming out this season:
http://doanimation.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/must-see-anime-winter-2007/

Here are the ones that I'll try to check out or that I'll be watching:

Major Season 4
Ayakashi
Mnemosyune -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi-
Persona
Macross F
Gunslinger Girl 2
Kara no Kyoukai (Type-Moon, same world of Tsukihime if not mistaken)
Rosario + Vampire
Shigofumi
Strait Jacket

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
ARIA the Origination - a must watch for me.

Kara no Kyoukai - Definitely. I've liked what little I read of the novels.

Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - The only one I'm not too sure on at this point.

Minami-ke Okawari - Not a fan of the new art style, but a given.

Ookami to Koushinryou - Checked some of the manga, and the anime looks great. Reminds me of Moyashimon in terms of content. The "slice of life" that most people aren't involved in combined with a taste of the supernatural.

Rosario to Vampire - Fan of the manga, fan of Mizuki Nana, must watch.

Idealistic
Wed, 01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Omg yes!! Claymore season 2! Can't wait.

... oh how i wish...

KrayZ33
Wed, 01-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Wolf & Spice (wtf, i wonder what will happen in this anime!) + Kara no Kyoukai sound very interesting...

Board of Command
Wed, 01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Is there any more info about Minami-ke Okawari somewhere? I still don't get what the deal with this series is. The hair colors are different...?

Yukimura
Wed, 01-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Minami-ke Okawari is an alternate adaptation of the same source manga by a different studio. I suspect many of the same core stories we saw in the first one will appear again in the second one but perhaps with a different approach taken to flesh out the details of the stories and a different animation style.

The company doing the animation for Okawari (asread) has a much smaller resume than the company that did it for the first series, other titles they worked on include Shuffle and Kiddy Grade 2.

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I've heard that most of the stories are supposed to be anime originals. It's not too much of a stretch from the last series, which was just trying together the 4-koma strips from the manga into a better flowing "story."

YaGaMi
Thu, 01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I've not been interested in much these last 2 seasons. My picks are:

Macross F
Strait Jacket

I may look into:

Wolf & Spice
Rosario + Vampire

kooshi
Thu, 01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Most likely:
- Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Minami-ke ~Okawari~
- Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-

Possibilities:
- Rosario to Vampire
- Ookami to Koushinryou
- Macross Frontier
- Moegaku*5 (probably for an episode or two, I'm really curious on how this will look, haha)

Yukimura
Tue, 01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
It seems to me that there is there an atypical amount of oversubbing going on this season Note: I'm considering a show oversubbed if more than 3 groups are releasing it and there's little reason to choose between at least two of the releases.

Spice and Wolf - Ep 1 - 6 Versions - BSS, Studio ADTRW, Infinite-Zero, AnimeLink, Ayako, Sudo

PERSONA -trinity soul- Ep 1 - 6 versions - Oi Fansubs, Ainex, Orange-Side Fansubs, Moetaku & Sekai-fansubs, Shinsen, EIGS,

Shigofumi - Ep 1 - 4 versions - FTP-Anime, Kagami, BakaWolf-m.3.3.w, Menclave

Bamboo Blade - 4 versions Infinite Zero, Star-Fansubs, Doremi-Fansubs & Huzzah, Anime Enlightenment

True Tears Ep 1 - 4 versions - BakaWolf-m.3.3.w, Moetaku, Rozen & NiceBoat, Ai-subs & Doremi

Shows I want to watch that are suffering from lack of subbing: Moonlight Mile S2, Minami-ke S2

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Shows I want to watch that are suffering from lack of subbing:, Minami-ke S2

indeed! S2 is as funny as S1 i still don't understand why there isn't a serious group out there which subs this.