PDA

View Full Version : Ayakashi

Yukimura
Fri, 12-28-2007, 10:21 PM
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6338/ayakashipostersr2.jpg
Genres: Adventure, Fantasy

ANN Summary:
Adapted from the 2005 adults-only superhuman battle action visual novel game Ayakashi. Ayakashi is a parasite life force that gives superpowers to its host, taking in return the host's entire life force. Kusaka Yuu is a student that lost his will to live after the death of a dear childhood friend, until the day a mysterious girl, named Yoake Eimu, appears. From that moment on, his life would never be the same again. Hunted by Ayakashi and their hosts, the power within Yuu awakens and a never ending battle begins.

AnimeNFO Summary:
Kusakayu has possessed a strange power since childhood. He can bend or break things without touching them. Not knowing the true meaning of his power, he uses it to earn money, calling it "magic". One day, he encounters a mysterious girl, Yoake Eimu. She teaches him about the existence of a grotesque power called "Ayakashi". What fate awaits these two over the power of Ayakashi?

Ayakashi - 01 - [Mishicorp] (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D_Ayakashi_-_01_%5BXviD%5D_%5B5C94777F%5D.avi.torrent)

Another new series, it looks very similar to Rental Magica and Night Wizard, but maybe it'll turn out to be more interesting.

oyabun
Sun, 12-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Thanks, I've been waiting for this one. Hopefully this will be good.

Death13a
Sun, 12-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Well for first episode Death rate was good, brutal and not very detailed. Finally something to satisfy my sadistically side.

Yukimura
Sun, 12-30-2007, 05:03 AM
Forgot to comment on this. I found it very odd that School Days and Myself Yourself both of which aired at 2AM on a week day had blackened blood but this show, which airs at 11 AM on Sunday had plenty of red blood spewing all over the place. So far this show still feels like it's in potential mode. The powers and such are interesting and have room to grow but nothing else really wowed me or pulled me in.

Kraco
Mon, 01-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Episode 2 - Mishicorp (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D_Ayakashi_-_02_%5Bh264%5D%5B11E13716%5D.mkv.torrent)

For the duration of the first two eps, I kept hoping the main character would die. I don't think that's a good sign, although there have been other series like that, some of which may have even ended up decent enough, but many remaining bloody annoying till the end.

I guess I'll watch the third ep still at least, now that the dude has his powers, and if I don't anymore wish for his early demise, I'll keep watching like any other series.

Yukimura
Mon, 01-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I repeatedly found myself doing something other than paying attention to the show as I watched this. I get the distinct feeling that I don't like it, but I still feel like it has some untapped potential that might yet be realized, still Tokko and Zombie Loan taught us valuable lessons about the risks of watching for the potential vs watching for the present. I'm willing to give it one more after the preview but I really hope the girl decides to open up some and reveal something or this is probably getting dropped.

Kraco
Tue, 01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Episode 3 Mishicorp (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D_Ayakashi_-_03_%5Bh264%5D%5B7CE85604%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - -

So... We have a main character who can't fight to save his own life but when an enemy is in danger he can fight against his own allies to save the enemy.

I wonder what manner of mushrooms I should eat to understand such a logic.

AbstractTheorem
Tue, 01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Episode 3 Mishicorp (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D_Ayakashi_-_03_%5Bh264%5D%5B7CE85604%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - -

So... We have a main character who can't fight to save his own life but when an enemy is in danger he can fight against his own allies to save the enemy.

the kind of mushrooms that would make you think you were watching a more violent version of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi with demon-alien Ayakashi things added to it..:P

TheBladeChild
Wed, 01-23-2008, 12:37 AM

- - - - -

The kind of shrooms that make you go: "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" or the kind that makes you swallow the kind of anime logic that says: "its ok to save an enemy from my allies even thought later they will try to kill me, but thats ok because in the end will all be friends and live happily ever after."

I believe whose kind of shrooms are kinda hard to find but they probably will give you one hell of a buzz.

Kraco
Fri, 02-08-2008, 06:27 AM
One hell of a buzz... Or likely not.

Episode 4 - Mishicorp (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D_Ayakashi_-_04_%5Bh264%5D%5B7DE7A51B%5D.mkv.torrent)

I guess I'll give this at least this one last shot before deciding whether to try to suffer it till the end or drop it right away. It could be that if the dude still can't lift his own finger in the next fight to try to defeat his enemies (not allies), I'll be too pissed off for good.

MFauli
Wed, 02-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Started watching this show yesterday and have just finished the 4th episode.
I dont like the character design too much (the blue hair of Kusaka looks stupid, so does the shiney pink hair of Hime), but the show itself is quite interesting. To be honest, itīs the violence shown in the first episode that kept me intrigued. That made the difference to oh so many other shows, where people just fight and then thereīs a winner, but noone really gets injured.

But unlike everyone else in this thread, i only see the potential of the series going downhill, with crappy explanations of what these powers are and so on.
But iīll keep watching.

Kraco
Wed, 02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
This last episode looked like a sad attempt to placate viewers with copious fanservice.

That's actually the only thing I remember of it (nice boobs)... Well, at least the dude tried to do something in a fight, so who knows, I might even bother to still watch the next ep.

Darknodin
Fri, 02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
ok... maybe i'm the only one but... i'm confused.

where does Akurou come from? where has that little flower ayakashi gone? the show has potential but its plagued by plot holes and lame animation...

MFauli
Sun, 02-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Uh, Ayakashi has been dropped by Mishicorp. :-/
Was that it, or can we somehow get a subbed version?

Kraco
Sun, 02-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Dropped, eh? Well, I can't say I'd be terribly sorry to lose this series. I had no expectations whatsoever for this piece of work anymore.

MFauli
Sun, 02-17-2008, 02:04 PM
It certainly wasnt the best, but i hate it when i cannot choose by myself if i want to continue watching a series or not.

Darknodin
Sun, 02-17-2008, 03:28 PM
It certainly wasnt the best, but i hate it when i cannot choose by myself if i want to continue watching a series or not.

I agree...
but the subbers work for free... so if they don't like a show, they won't sub it. You can watch the raws... or wait for the DVD, or maybe another group will pick it up.

Munsu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Uh, Ayakashi has been dropped by Mishicorp. :-/
Was that it, or can we somehow get a subbed version?
Animanda released the whole series:
http://animanda.edwardk.info/Ayakashi%20%5BAnimanda%5D.torrent

I'm not sure if I want to start this series, or just burn it off. Seems kinda interesting, but not sure if I'm in the mood for it.

Kraco
Sat, 05-03-2008, 02:16 PM
I had already forgotten this whole thing. Gee, thanks, Bud. Now I'll have to decide whether to get it or not.

Munsu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I had already forgotten this whole thing. Gee, thanks, Bud. Now I'll have to decide whether to get it or not.
Go watch Kaiba instead. But yeah, they just decided to apparently release everything at the same time. From them, I only see torrents for the first two episodes, and then this batch torrent that came out a month ago, so it was quite under the radar.