PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li

Psyke
Wed, 12-26-2007, 09:00 AM
ComingSoon.net has learned that "Smallville" star Kristin Kreuk will play Chun-Li in Hyde Park Entertainment's Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li! Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak from a Justin Marks script, the action pic starts filming in Thailand in March, 2008. 20th Century Fox will distribute the live-action feature based on Capcom's video game. The movie is focused on female fighter Chun-Li and her journey for justice.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/9318/chunxr5.jpg

David75
Wed, 12-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Man...
She needs some more muscles to be a nice Chun-Li
However, Kristin is just perfect as she is, being very slim is part of her beauty.

Let's hope this will be good ;)

Shadow Skill
Wed, 12-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Zhang Ziyi would make a perfect Chun Li, in my opnion.

Kristen Kreuk does make a 2nd choice I suppose.

masamuneehs
Wed, 12-26-2007, 11:22 AM
sounds like yet another absurdly terrible action movie banking on hormone driven videogame fanboys to drool over the female lead the entire time, occassionaly gawking at the fight scenes.

needless to say, this is one SF fan who won't be seeing it...

animus
Thu, 12-27-2007, 02:46 AM
I'm pretty sure Chun-Li had bigger tits than indicated in that crappy pic.

Idealistic
Thu, 12-27-2007, 04:50 AM
Kristen Kreuk does make a 2nd choice I suppose.

Except for the whole part that she's not Chinese. Though, good luck finding a Chinese girl with a D-cup, a big ass, and thick thighs.

Well, it's based on Chun Li, so I suppose the girl doesn't HAVE to be Chinese.

If anything, they could just change it up a little and say she was a white chick who was adopted by a Chinese family to make the whole "White girl playing Chinese girl" more believable.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 12-27-2007, 06:31 AM
She's (Kristen) half Chinese and half Dutch I believe.

I'll still watch the movie for the Street Fighter name sake.

darkshadow
Thu, 12-27-2007, 04:38 PM
everywhere ppl are having unreal demands of how a on screen chun-li should look like, i think kristin will make a fine chun-li plus the figure she has in the snk art is very attainable for her.

Psyke
Fri, 12-28-2007, 07:09 AM
It's not going to be easy being Chun Li, so good luck to her!

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5236/rl01ge6.jpg

Junior
Tue, 01-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Kristin Kreuk? Chun Li? No way. She's more the delicate flower beauty.

Chun Li is I'M HOT AND I CAN BREAK YOUR NECK WITH MY THIGHS D:

I would've liked Zhang Zhiyi...or Shu Qi maybe...or Zhao Wei...hm...hard choice.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-17-2008, 12:25 AM
I would have liked almost any Chinese actress in this role instead of Kristin Kreuk. I think it's a bad career move for her, placing her among talents like the chicks from the Dead or Alive movie. Like that movie, they are all so disposable, I can't even remember any of their names.

Junior
Tue, 01-22-2008, 02:13 PM
You didn't like DoA? I didn't think it was too bad. The storyline was a bit weak, but it was entertaining.

But anyway, they need to really start taking casting seriously or else a ton of Chun Li fans will be very upset.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 01-23-2008, 03:23 AM
I like her in Smallville, I just can't see her as Chun Li. :(

kooshi
Thu, 01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Agreed. A full Chinese woman would be better, unless they do some sort of EXTREMELY heavy makeup or whatever.
Regardless, I am agreeing with Masa about this movie being "another absurdly terrible action movie banking on hormone driven videogame fanboys to drool over the female lead the entire time, occassionaly gawking at the fight scenes."

Turkish-S
Thu, 01-24-2008, 07:39 PM
@Ani. holy valance.

Junior
Fri, 01-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Holly was pretty hot.

But anyway, it'll probably just be an eye candy movie then? if they took it serious, I suppose they wouldn't be using kristin.

Animeniax
Fri, 01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Holly Valance is pretty hot, but not even enough to make me go see a bad movie to see her in it. I definitely wouldn't see a movie just because Kristin Kreuk is in it.

I think Charlene Choi from the Twins would make an awesome Chun-Li. She even speaks English, so she'd be perfect.

Junior
Sat, 01-26-2008, 07:07 AM
omgsdkgjskgsjgnksjgsfkgs

http://home.i-cable.com/vivian2316/t18.jpg

She's so beautiful. D: She starred in one of my favourite movies, The Twins Effect. Along with that the other beautiful actress Gillian Chung..but I had no idea they were...and omg they're not sisters. I thought they were. >.>;;;;;;;

IMO, Chun Li looks like a mixture of the twins.

Animeniax
Sat, 01-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I started liking Charlene more as they got older and you could see she has more talent than Gillian, even though Gillian is more physically beautiful. I liked Twins Effect II better than 1.

No they're not related, and they don't even look like each other at all. Which is weird since the Twins group was started because everyone thought they looked alike. Goes back to that "all Asians look the same" bs, which is bs.

Neither of the Twins has the body to pull off Chun Li, but they are both skilled in Wire Fu.

Junior
Sat, 01-26-2008, 08:28 AM
yeah, they don't. Which is why I shocked when I read they were 'Twins'. Then I read one's older, so I thought they were sisters. THEn I read they weren't related.

Jeez...long process.

I think they're both beautiful but Charlene is much cuter. <3

True...they're both quite small...if only they had Shu Qi's body. She has Chun Li's figure (minus the boobs). You can see it in So Close when she fights Karen Mok.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Shu Qi has a nice body? If that's the girl from that movie The Transponder, I didn't recall her being that curvaceous. She was kind of annoying in that movie too, but that was the role I guess. I'm surprised Lucy Liu wasn't cast as Chun Li. She's the defacto Asian actress in Hollywood these days.

darkshadow
Sun, 01-27-2008, 06:27 PM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1323/chunkreukgy9.jpg

Junior
Fri, 02-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Shu Qi has a nice body? If that's the girl from that movie The Transponder, I didn't recall her being that curvaceous. She was kind of annoying in that movie too, but that was the role I guess. I'm surprised Lucy Liu wasn't cast as Chun Li. She's the defacto Asian actress in Hollywood these days.

Yeah, especially in So Close. Lovely lovely legs. D:

haha, nice picture darkshadow. I have another one!

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=_9lOEi7GVLA

It's only in video form tho...but it's VERY well done.

David75
Fri, 02-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah, especially in So Close. Lovely lovely legs. D:

haha, nice picture darkshadow. I have another one!

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=_9lOEi7GVLA

It's only in video form tho...but it's VERY well done.
Some guys are just incredible.*
Here's the final pic I got following www.Idrawgirls.com
http://bp0.blogger.com/_YPFDDjQ_y_Y/R4pmQ7BRp_I/AAAAAAAAAn4/-u_bT0Ace4w/s1600-h/chun-li-street-fighter.jpg

While watching this vid, I follow another one that is a collage of multiple scenes from Smallville when Lana had some powers (was possessed if I remember well) and she got to asia and so on
The effects are a bit crappy, but it's only a way of evaluating if she does well in asian outfit and moves
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEQY6Y1llU&feature=related

Junior
Fri, 02-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Totally amazing. That's REAL skill.

haha, is that the fanmade Chun Li trailer? She looks cute in Asian attire.

David75
Fri, 02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Totally amazing. That's REAL skill.

haha, is that the fanmade Chun Li trailer? She looks cute in Asian attire.

yes it is.
I actually didn"t remember those scenes eventhough I saw them.
It was nice to refresh my memory. She looks fine in some of the outfits.

Junior
Fri, 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
I stopped watching Smallville ages ago so it was new to me.

She looks good and all, but she lacks the Chun Li feeling. Chun Li's cute but strong as well. *shrugs*

IMO, Jackie Chan made a great Chun Li. They should go with that. =)

Psyke
Thu, 05-29-2008, 09:47 AM
From magicbox: The Hollywood movie "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li" will launch in North America in February 2009; Kristin Kreuk and Michael Clarke Duncan will play as Chun Li and Bison respectively.

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/588/sf404cs2.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4056/sf405jj5.jpg

darkshadow
Thu, 05-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Lol i have a 4368x2912 version of that picture of her ;P >_>

animus
Thu, 05-29-2008, 03:16 PM
But Bison's white...

darkshadow
Thu, 05-29-2008, 04:37 PM
no he is not, well he is, but not in japan.
M. bison is black, as in mike bison, which is the japanese name for the boxer, but because they wanted to avoid legal issues ( mike tyson ) they changed the names around (jpn to us) :
balrog became vega
m. bison became balrog
and vega became m. bison

animus
Thu, 05-29-2008, 07:22 PM
But isn't his portrait and sprite white, regardless of naming issues?

Splash!
Fri, 05-30-2008, 12:02 AM
no he is not, well he is, but not in japan.
M. bison is black, as in mike bison, which is the japanese name for the boxer, but because they wanted to avoid legal issues ( mike tyson ) they changed the names around (jpn to us) :
balrog became vega
m. bison became balrog
and vega became m. bison

HeHe. That makes so much more sense. I remember that when I was a little kid (around 8), I used to collect Street Fighter cards that came out of bubble gum boxes where the characters were either depicted in fight scenes or standing solo with a little caption below for the names of the fighters. And I remember I was very confused between those 3 characters because they were named differently on different cards and I just assumed that they were printed incorrectly. I guess I had a mixture of American and Japanese versions although the cards looked to be of the same type. Eventually I forgot all about it. Brings back memories :)

animus
Fri, 05-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Ah forget it, I'm just confusing myself even further.

UChessmaster
Fri, 05-30-2008, 10:56 PM
I think that what DS meant is that the guy listed as bison is actually the guy we know as balrog

Psyke
Tue, 12-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43966.html) is out. It some how reminds me of the old Street Fighter movie. That's not a good thing. :(

darkshadow
Tue, 12-30-2008, 10:21 AM
I actually can't see the resembles and didn't think it looked that bad at all really >_>.

Paulyboy
Wed, 12-31-2008, 03:13 AM
Meh, it seems alright but the old street fighter sucked ass...

Idealistic
Wed, 12-31-2008, 03:34 AM
Someone posted how he felt about this movie and who plays Bison.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FISPmTeb-rU

I feel the same way.

Sapphire
Wed, 12-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43966.html) is out. It some how reminds me of the old Street Fighter movie. That's not a good thing. :( Reminds me of the DB movie.

Okay guys, which one will fail harder? DB or Street Fighter?

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Somehow the Japanese narration works well for this movie.

Kristin Kreuk is really pretty, but can she pull off kicking ass while wearing the goofy Chinese outfit? From the trailer, it looks like she doesn't even wear the outfit?

Psyke
Thu, 01-01-2009, 04:19 AM
I was hoping to see some spinning bird kicking action from her in that outfit :p

dragonrage
Sat, 01-10-2009, 07:28 PM
As much as a fan as i am of Street Fighter, I didn't much like the live action movies. So i am in no particular hurry to see this movie. Still can't my head around the idea that the smallville chick is playing Chun-Li, she lacks the personality to play this role. She is way too wholesome and too "soft" for this role.

Will definitely watch it, but when there is a proper release and when I have time.

Jman
Sat, 01-10-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm having flashbacks of the first SF movie, it was good in a cheesy way. Not that the entire movie stunk, but there were so many debates about how they strayed a bit from the game. I like Jean Claude as an actor, but it was weird seeing him as Guile, the all American badass with his French accent (even had the flag tattoo on the arm). "who wants to go home...and who wants to go with ME!"
Anyhow here's a throwback (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Z48SMWSHs)
Hope they took some notes from this one. ;)

Psyke
Sun, 01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
More SF spoofs from old school Hong Kong films (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJ7LRuw-B0)

Junior
Mon, 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM
As much as a fan as i am of Street Fighter, I didn't much like the live action movies. So i am in no particular hurry to see this movie. Still can't my head around the idea that the smallville chick is playing Chun-Li, she lacks the personality to play this role. She is way too wholesome and too "soft" for this role.

Will definitely watch it, but when there is a proper release and when I have time.

I agree. I mean, would bad guys really take her seriously?

You need a cute girl who can also pull off seriousness. Kris's seriousness comes off as drama.

I have a feeling this might just be fanservice. They probably figure 'Hey, we have a hot chick in the lead. What can go wrong?'

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
EVERYTHING! Just came back from the cinemas... It was hideous. Some very, very, VERY bad acting, Spinning Birdshit, Liu Kang teaching Chun-Li the Kamehameha, Nash telling everyone; "Follow me!" with an surf dude pose and voice... He, the writer and the director of this movie should all be shot. Hands down this is the most horrible movie this year. I want my 7 euros back. And my lost braincells.

darkshadow
Tue, 04-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Liked it, it had 2 parts meh, 1 part somewhat dislike and 1 part really lame.
I can't actually remember the stuff that I thought was meh, but the dislike was definitly the spinning bird kick, the execution was just wrong, they should've just let that out.

The really lame part had to be vega, not only was his character completely wrong, his fight against chunners was incredibly short/lame/anti-climactic, whatever word comes to mind. I mean Vega almost destroyed chun in the anime ( such an awesome fight), and she only won because she put every single drop of willpower left in her to use. Here ......well it just plain sucked.

Other then those points ( I really have to go and remember what the meh were) I liked it >_>.

animus
Tue, 04-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Now the real question must be asked. How were the tits? Kreuk doesn't have the assets.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, there were tits.. Not hers though, but from this chick (http://news.softpedia.com/images/extra/GAMES/large/Moon+beach.jpg). I think she'd have probably pulled off a better Chun-Li than Kreuk also.

The really lame part had to be vega, not only was his character completely wrong, his fight against chunners was incredibly short/lame/anti-climactic, whatever word comes to mind.

The reason why it's lame is because Vega is that monkey-alien from Black Eyed Peas, Taboo I thought his name was...

But wait, you summed it in 4 parts; 2 parts "meh", 1 dislike and 1 lame, right? And you still say you liked the movie? :confused:

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Ahh crap! Wtf am I doing... :mad: Can anyone delete this post?

Penner
Mon, 07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Just "watched" this (had to skip through it) and lord what a horrible suckfest it was.

rockmanj
Mon, 07-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Ahh crap! Wtf am I doing... :mad: Can anyone delete this post?

Damn, the movie was so bad, it seems to have scrambled KE's posting ability!

Animeniax
Mon, 07-13-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm not a big Kristin Kreuk fan, but she looked so good in the posters for this movie that I was going to rent it. Then I saw all the 1-star reviews and decided against it. Sounds like I made the right choice.

Penner
Mon, 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeh, this wasnt worth the time it took me to download it, except perhaps for the reason of being able to warn others of how truly horrendous it really is.