PDA

View Full Version : Macross Frontier

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Indeed! I hope we get someone as tasty as Sherryl again. I don't need to see Ranka again.

Kraco
Fri, 03-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Indeed! I hope we get someone as tasty as Sherryl again. I don't need to see Ranka again.

Yeah. A version without an incurable, contagious disease would be nice, though.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah. A version without an incurable, contagious disease would be nice, though.

Sherryl's state wasn't very contagious Kraco. Are you still thinking like she has some STI?

Kraco
Fri, 03-28-2014, 08:58 AM
Are you still thinking like she has some STI?

She was a 100% pure virgin. Didn't she get it from some sludge or whatever in her early deplorable living conditions? I can't remember anymore. Though I guess she could have inherited it from her mother. I hear that's possible with AIDS and other suitable virus diseases. But in any case I think hers was just like any other standard retroviral infection, not specifically STI.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-28-2014, 09:49 AM
She was a 100% pure virgin. Didn't she get it from some sludge or whatever in her early deplorable living conditions? I can't remember anymore. Though I guess she could have inherited it from her mother. I hear that's possible with AIDS and other suitable virus diseases. But in any case I think hers was just like any other standard retroviral infection, not specifically STI.

You can get STIs without sex. ;)

I just remember that you thought she was highly infectious and was querying as to why she was hanging around Alto so much despite that. You worked out that she wasn't exactly spreading the disease at one stage, but your previous comment made me think that perhaps you forgot that.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-28-2014, 10:10 AM
New love triangle! New battle music!

Kraco
Fri, 03-28-2014, 10:28 AM
You can get STIs without sex. ;)

I just remember that you thought she was highly infectious and was querying as to why she was hanging around Alto so much despite that. You worked out that she wasn't exactly spreading the disease at one stage, but your previous comment made me think that perhaps you forgot that.

Then don't call them STI (or STD) if they don't have anything to do with sex...

Yeah, I do recall I relented a bit. But it was the only thing I could think of saying when you mentioned another Sheryl would be nice but not Ranka (although I do actually agree, but I could do without a disease, seriously).

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Yes, Sheryl grew up in the trash heaps and back alleys of SDF Galaxy, before being adopted. She contracted the vajra infection that Ranka's mother died of, and Mao Nome and Grace suppressed it during their research on the condition. Her actual hair color is a dull gray. It's not contagious human to human, only vajra to human. Ranka's antibodies (since she was infected at conception) prevent the condition from becoming lethal. How Sheryl got it is unknown.

I'm hoping for maybe a female pilot this time, but then we'd end up in an otome version of Macross, which I wouldn't be particularly happy with. As long as we don't get another Macross 7. What I'd really want is anything with more Queadluuns. Klan and her squadron weren't enough. I know it's a series about VFs, but the second (or third depending on where you place Isamu) greatest pilot in the galaxy, Milia Fallyna Jenius, flew a Queadluun.

One thing that Macross Frontier did really well was show humans and Zentradi/Meltlandi finally integrated in society. The suspicion and racism of late SDF and Macross Plus had long ended.

MFauli
Wed, 07-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Woah, woah, woah! Good I´m randomly reading up some old anime. What is this super offensive opinion here, dear Buff?! Ranka >>>>>>> Sheryl.

Cute, green haired girl > generic, arrogant starlet.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Compare their voices.

The end.

In all the songs they had duets, Ranka was overpowered and outclassed.

Then you have everything else, like the hot bod, the maturity, the complexity and dedication. I love pettanko, but even then Sheryl wins this hands down.