PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Stargate: The Ark of Truth

Yukimura
Mon, 12-24-2007, 01:16 AM
The movie has leaked (not all necessarily with all the special effects completed I've noticed). I know there are some fans here who may not want to wait untill March and I really want to talk about it so download it.

This movie was awesome enough just because it had Stargate stuff in it. But I think it had everything I could have asked for in a Stargate movie.

Stargate: The Ark of Truth - mp4 Encode (http://www.mininova.org/get/1059626)

Stargate: The Ark of Truth - nrg (DVD Image) created from above mp4 (http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3943935/Stargate-_The_Ark_Of_Truth.3943935.TPB.torrent)

saman
Mon, 12-24-2007, 01:38 AM
mrrgh. i'm going to wait until march to see it with the sfx, and buy the dvd when it comes out, because i like stargate enough to.

glad to know you liked it, though. a bad stargate movie would've been disappointing.

Shadow Skill
Mon, 12-24-2007, 02:51 AM
I can't wait for the DVD of both movies. Wish they'd hurry along so I can get my SG-1 fix. :)

Assassin
Mon, 12-24-2007, 04:10 AM
Just watched it...gotta say, i thoroughly enjoyed it. A big step up from the original 90's movie, and a HUGE improvement over seasons 9 and 10. I always thought the writing, directing and acting in the last 2 seasons had begun to drop, and it was a good choice to end the series. But they really took the initiative for this movie and improved on nearly every aspect.

I noticed some minor sfx stuff that yuki mentioned, but nothing to keep you from enjoying the movie. All the major graphics and sounds were there, just lacking in some of the finer 'oooh it looks so pretty' detail. So don't let that keep you from enjoying the movie (im looking at you saman).

It was great to see morgan le fey again, and the fiery animation for human adria look really awesome for some reason. The only thing i would've made this movie better was more daniel/vala conversation...they have amazing chemistry. And ofcourse, O'Niell would have been a nice touch too...it sucks he wasn't in the movie. I really hope he'll be in the next one.

Speaking of the next one, i wonder what its going to be about. The ori arc is now officially wrapped up. Im assuming it'll have to do with the ark....the scene with daniel and general landry at the end seemed to foreshadow some misuse of it in the future. But if the next one is anything like this movie, im sure i'll be completely satisfied.

Some minor plot holes/continuity stuff i wanna talk about....when does this movie take place? They never mentioned anything about how long its been since the end of the series but since sam is 'currently' in atlantis, im guessing it happened somewhere in between the end of season 10, and before sam left for atlantis. And unless the next movie involves the atlantis cast, it will also have to take place before sam leaves for atlantis.

Anyway, i'll talk more about it when others have seen it and replied.

saman
Mon, 12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I noticed some minor sfx stuff that yuki mentioned, like but nothing to keep you from enjoying the movie. All the major graphics and sounds were there, just lacking in some of the finer 'oooh it looks so pretty' detail. So dont let that keep you from enjoying the movie (im looking at you saman).

*shields eyes from rest of the post* pretty soon i'm gonna have to start avoiding this thread

it's not that the lack of sfx turns me off. i just want to see the movie the first time the way it was intended, when it was intended, because i'm a bit weird like that. life isn't going anywhere (hopefully), so i don't mind waiting until march. i'm also rewatching the entire sg1series at the moment, so i have plenty of stargate to keep me company for a little while. :cool:

Assassin
Tue, 12-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Ah i c...well, when you do decide to see it, it will be awesome.

In other news, i looked up the second movie on imdb, and its not going to involve the ark. Atleast not in any major plot concerning way. Seems its gonna be about Ba'al time travelling and changing history or some such. I hope they do a good job of it, since i never liked ba'al much to begin with. It seems too much like the end of season 7 or 8, where the one sg1 team is left in ancient egypt. I hope its not a repeat performance. But on a brigher note, jack o'niell will be back for this one, so that should be fun to watch.

saman
Sun, 03-09-2008, 03:28 PM
for those who haven't already seen the leaked version (aka me), movie comes out in two days!!!! :D

SamuraiOdin
Sun, 03-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Then I'll be going to Blockbuster in 2 days =P