PDA

View Full Version : Unresolved Plot Points

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 12-22-2007, 02:52 AM
I was rereading some of the old chapters and I came across something I completely forgot about which made me go through all the old chapters to see if there was anything else. When Sai first contacted Orochimaru for Danzo he gave him files containing info on all of the ANBU corps. Now that Orochimaru is dead (sort of) where are the files now? And what the hell was Danzo really trying to do?

Also what about Kabuto/Orochimaru? Nothing has been mentioned about him?/them? since ch356. Hinata said that Orochimaru's chakra took over a third of his body by the time he met them so was he able to resist and surpass Orochimaru or did he get fully taken over? Also when Kabuto walked in on the end of Sasuke and Oro's fight when Kabuto asks Sasuke if Oro is dead he says that "I've taken over." (narutobuzz ch346). That implies that Orochimaru's soul (or a piece of it if Kabuto has some in him) is still in Sasuke's body. I'm wondering if its possible for it to still take over Sasuke's body?

Last point is the Jinchuuriki, according to Akatsuki there are 2 more left (not including Naruto). Will they have a bigger impact on the story or will they just get killed off screen like the rest?

KCMmmmm
Sat, 12-22-2007, 03:19 AM
When Sai first contacted Orochimaru for Danzo he gave him files containing info on all of the ANBU corps. Now that Orochimaru is dead (sort of) where are the files now? And what the hell was Danzo really trying to do?

I'm thinking that the files were really just a bluff to get Sai close to Orochimaru and Sasuke. Danzo didn't want the Sharingan to fall into Orochimaru's hands, which is why he sent Sai to take out Sasuke.

The other plot points are completely unresolved so far. Also, Jiraiya's reminder to Tsunade about Roots still being a danger is unresolved also.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Did we even find out what happened to Gaara after his revival?
I don't remember much about it...
also, we still don't know who the purple hair girl is from 'Kakashi looking at the grave' scene that huanted us for so long.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 12-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm thinking that the files were really just a bluff to get Sai close to Orochimaru and Sasuke. Danzo didn't want the Sharingan to fall into Orochimaru's hands, which is why he sent Sai to take out Sasuke.

The other plot points are completely unresolved so far. Also, Jiraiya's reminder to Tsunade about Roots still being a danger is unresolved also.

Thats what I'm wondering about. How much of a danger is Roots going to be now? Now that Orochimaru is dead are they still trying to kill Sasuke or will they try to recruit him? I'm also wondering if they might try to contact Akatsuki at some point, though that seems like a long shot at best

Abdula
Sun, 12-23-2007, 12:33 PM
For all intents and purposes Orochimaru is dead. Yes a part of him remains inside Sasuke but that is how the jutsu works as Oro said a part of all his hosts remain within him yet we didn't see him losing control and reverting or allowing one of them to take control of him. So I doubt we will see anything like that will Sasuke. I don't know why you guys think that is going to happen, Oro is my favorite character in Naruto and I hate how he went out but even I can accept that he is dead.

Kabuto said that he was going away to train and learn to control his new found power and that he was going to surpass Orochimaru. He isn't going to do anything until that happens and gaining his abilities may not take long because of him integrating Oro into his body but surpassing him certainly will. Secondly, Kabuto said that after that the first thing he was going to do was attempt to kill Sasuke after which he would then like to battle Naruto. Third and most important as far as this is concerned, not much time has passed since the leaf ninjas have encountered Kabuto. That happened on the same day Sasuke fought Deidara and since then I think only one day has passed, two at most. So there is nothing unresolved there as yet much time just hasn't passed.

There are two Bijuu left including Naruto. At this point Akatsuki has captured seven, Naruto and one other remains.

In my opinion root is not really a threat to the village, they may be a threat to Tsunade but Danzou's intention is to protect the village and its interests and make it stronger. He may have a different way of going about it but in the end they essentially have the same goals. Although Kishi could change that later but the only threat I feel Danzou poses to Tsunade is that he may want to eliminate her and the other elders and make himself the unquestioned leader of the village but if he was going to do something like that I think he would have already done it because he certainly had plenty of opportunities.

Unresolved plots are nothing new in Naruto and there are far more important ones that need to be resolved.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sun, 12-23-2007, 07:09 PM
For all intents and purposes Orochimaru is dead. Yes a part of him remains inside Sasuke but that is how the jutsu works as Oro said a part of all his hosts remain within him yet we didn't see him losing control and reverting or allowing one of them to take control of him. So I doubt we will see anything like that will Sasuke. I don't know why you guys think that is going to happen, Oro is my favorite character in Naruto and I hate how he went out but even I can accept that he is dead.

I fully accept that Oro is dead I'm just asking if it was possible to for Oro to somehow regain control. Its a practical impossibility but the chance may still be there. After all we really don't have much information on the soul swap technique.

Kabuto said that he was going away to train and learn to control his new found power and that he was going to surpass Orochimaru. He isn't going to do anything until that happens and gaining his abilities may not take long because of him integrating Oro into his body but surpassing him certainly will. Secondly, Kabuto said that after that the first thing he was going to do was attempt to kill Sasuke after which he would then like to battle Naruto. Third and most important as far as this is concerned, not much time has passed since the leaf ninjas have encountered Kabuto. That happened on the same day Sasuke fought Deidara and since then I think only one day has passed, two at most. So there is nothing unresolved there as yet much time just hasn't passed.

Theres no real guarantee that Kabuto will be able to control the pieces of Orochimaru in his body. When he ran into Naruto and the others Hinata used the Byakugan and said that Oro's soul took over a third of his body already so theres a chance there that Oro might come back. I see what you mean about the time thing though. We probably woln't see anything from them in a while.

In my opinion root is not really a threat to the village, they may be a threat to Tsunade but Danzou's intention is to protect the village and its interests and make it stronger. He may have a different way of going about it but in the end they essentially have the same goals. Although Kishi could change that later but the only threat I feel Danzou poses to Tsunade is that he may want to eliminate her and the other elders and make himself the unquestioned leader of the village but if he was going to do something like that I think he would have already done it because he certainly had plenty of opportunities.

While Danzo might whats best for Konoha, what he believes would probably be harmful in the long run. A civil war would obviously be a worse case scenario and would be dangerous to the whole village, not just Tsunade and the council.

Unresolved plots are nothing new in Naruto and there are far more important ones that need to be resolved.

Like? :)

Abdula
Sun, 12-23-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't think we will ever see Oro back. Kabuto being able to control the pieces of Oro will like Sasuke, most likely have to do with his will power. If that is the case then I don't think that he will have any trouble since he really really wants to kill Sasuke for what he did and that should be more than enough motivation. If he isn't able to control it them I would expect him to become more of a zombie like character at best. I'm really not expecting to see Oro back in any capacity.

I think that is exactly why nothing like a konoha civil war has happened because Danzou knows that something like that would make the village incredibly unstable and draw a lot of attention from its enemies. Two if Danzou were going to do something like that I highly doubt it would be a large scale drawn out battle. Like the mission he sent Sai on for example, it was covert and utilized and involved as few people as possible. If he intends to take over the village I would expect him to quickly assassinate key individuals who he thinks would be able to stop him or stand against him and execute a clean and swift coup d'état.

I really didn't want to have to give any example as there weren't really any on my mind at that point. They usually are but with all the excitement lately most have slipped my mind.

A few I can remember are Naruto and all things surrounding him such as exactly how the fourth's seal works, his family life, how he survived in the village etc, Kakashi acquiring MS, Itachi killing the uchiha clan, the chick who swore vengeance after that chuunin examiner was killed, Kurenai's pregnancy. As I've said I can't really remember any right now but when I do I'll let you know.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-24-2007, 04:16 AM
I can knock a couple of those 'plot holes out for you pretty easily.

Vengence Chick (AKA Uzuki Yuugao) was Hayate's (the sick examiner who died) either girlfriend or at least close friend and also knew Kakashi as a sempai, ostensibly from his time in ANBU her role was likely to add more emotional impact to the Leaf's counter attack as well as the aftermath of the invasion.

Kurenai got pregnant because she and Asuma finally acted on the sexual tension that was always present between them, the child was likely only a means to add emotional impact to Asuma's death.

Abdula
Mon, 12-24-2007, 10:49 AM
I agree, but its sad that Kishi felt that he had to introduce both those things strictly for emotional impact. Who gets emotional over Naruto anyway.

Assertn
Sun, 12-30-2007, 04:25 PM
How about.....

"How did Kakashi obtain mangekyou"?

Assassin
Sun, 12-30-2007, 04:49 PM
he used oro's zombie coffin jutsu to bring obito back to life and then killed him again....i thought that was obvious, pfft.

SilentSnake
Wed, 01-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Did we even find out what happened to Gaara after his revival?
I don't remember much about it...

I was stunned they didn't explain anything about that.

like... does Garra still have control over sand?

What changed?

How?

Can he sleep normally now?

Did he stop making black rings around his eyes? :D

darkshadow
Wed, 01-02-2008, 08:11 AM
nothing changed about gaara, cept for that he doesn't have a passive auto-defense anymore

Abdula
Wed, 01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
You can't even be sure about that he may/might/could/can still have it.

SilentSnake
Wed, 01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
The way I see it :

no shukaku = no sand power

ep 66-67 special sasuke vs gaara :

gaara freaks out, sand is above him, something weird happens in his head, sand violently drops to the ground as if he lose control for a moment ( I know that it could be "client-side" effect, but I see it more likely to be shukaku's fault since Gaara was talking to it when it happened)

Kishimoto probably didn't know what to do with Gaara and how to explain all the stuff so he just avoided it as much as possible until further notice :P

Abdula
Wed, 01-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Gaara doesn't talk to Shukaku its not that kind of relationship its not like Naruto and the Kyuubi. The fact that that happened was exactly because he was losing control the sand uses chakra if he was unable to control his chakra then no sand. Gaara lost control alot back then and it was explained that it was because he could never sleep and that Shukaku actively tries to invade the minds of his hosts. Gaara's relationship with Shukaku is completely different from Naruto's relationship with the Kyuubi.

SilentSnake
Wed, 01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Gaara referred to shukaku as his mother, that's what I meant.

He was anxious to kill Sasuke and was saying stuff like "don't be angry mother".

I never implied that shukaku's relationship with gaara was similar to Naruto/Kyuubi in any way.

Abdula
Wed, 01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Okay, guess I misunderstood you. I suppose we would all be like that if we went without sleep for twelve years.

Sapphire
Sun, 02-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Kurenai got pregnant because she and Asuma finally acted on the sexual tension that was always present between them, the child was likely only a means to add emotional impact to Asuma's death.
This sounds so delightfully scandalous.

I also think Garaa was talking like that because he was a little nuts, but there's reason for it being the connection between his past state and his mother's death.

February
Sun, 02-24-2008, 11:54 PM
- Why is Hidan Immortal? Kakuzu stole hearts to extend life, Orochimaru uses his advanced replacement techniques, Sasori was mostly a puppet, but there just seems to be no explanation for Hidan.

- Why did the 3rd seem so eager to stop Oro from summoning the 4th's coffin?

- Why didn't Choji die after the sound five fight? (<-- not really unresolved plot point but angers me)

-How does killing your best friend physically allow you to have a better Sharingan?

Would like these answered but just an explanation about Hidan will be enough

Y
Mon, 02-25-2008, 12:59 AM
- Why is Hidan Immortal? Kakuzu stole hearts to extend life, Orochimaru uses his advanced replacement techniques, Sasori was mostly a puppet, but there just seems to be no explanation for Hidan.

Who cares. Why not take him at face value? Maybe his evil god empowered him.

- Why did the 3rd seem so eager to stop Oro from summoning the 4th's coffin?

Because he would have gotten his ass kicked trying to fight the Fourth Hokage too.

- Why didn't Choji die after the sound five fight? (<-- not really unresolved plot point but angers me)

Conceit of serialized work where you never kill off a character because you can draw fanboys into a downtime chapter with cameos.

-How does killing your best friend physically allow you to have a better Sharingan?

Sasuke developed the Sharingan when trying to protect someone important to him, so its next evolution is killing someone important to him.

Iradeum
Thu, 04-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Tsunade made a special "cure" to stop the effects of the pill... Although he should have been dead by the time they got him to Tsunade, in my opinion atleast.

Chiodos
Thu, 04-24-2008, 03:12 PM
I think you speak for us all, considering there's almost NO Choji fangirls out there. Making him dead would strengthen Shikamarus resolve or something wich would've been better.

BUT NOO..........

Kusanagi
Thu, 04-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Choji is the token fat guy where every humorous situation he's involved in revolves around food.

Therefore, you cannot have him die off, where would the fat guy comic relief come from?

Chiodos
Sat, 04-26-2008, 05:55 AM
Waste of space and time when we got Naruto stupidity. Just that is enough.

But hey, I'm a dreamer : )!