PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 383

Psyke
Fri, 12-21-2007, 07:55 AM
[Raw-Manga] Naruto 383(lq) (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=30397&name=%5BRaw-Manga%5D%20Naruto%20383%28lq%29.torrent)

Raw is out. Nothing much happens, but we're finally moving on to the other fights.

Yukimura
Fri, 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I don't know, if the translation I read is accurate then at least one fairly important thing happened.

Assertn
Fri, 12-21-2007, 05:52 PM
translation (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23265)

HA! So looks like Tobi is Madara after all....
....and it appears the only remaining akatsuki members that aren't in on it are Itachi and Kisame.

darkmetal505
Fri, 12-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Naruto 383 - Mangashare (http://www.mangashare.com/dl/Naruto_383/19/)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 12-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Wow. Not too much happened. Still a good chapter though. They have alot going on, but I dont know, I would like to see one fight at a time really. Awell, too much action is better than not enough.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-21-2007, 06:50 PM
seems like Jiraya saved his body from being raveged after all, good for him.

ZETSU IS BACK! badass-venus-flytrap-multipersonnalities-dude make his appearence, showing us why he's the bestest ninja around.
I'm not so much impressed with Tobi beating Naruto's clones, we've seen it a million times before, anyone can down Naruto.

an IP adress? a code to the secret safe? a gymetric code? is there a cracker/hacker/H@X0R in the forum?

I want to see Kisame again, and i want to see him killing the water boy.

Idealistic
Fri, 12-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Interesting... What's Zetsu have to do with the fight between Pein and Jiraiya? Again, it sucks that Jiraiya died.

Finally, it's been clarified that Tobi is Madara so those ridiculous theories of Tobi being Obito can be flushed away.

DAMN YOU JIRAIYA!!

Abdula
Fri, 12-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Jiraiya gets a fitting end and it seems Zetsu is in on it aswell. I was wondering if he was because if there is anybody in Akatsuki its impossible to keep secrets from its him. So Zetsu, Pein and Madara have some secret plot going on. It would make sense if those three created Akatsuki, Pein is the muscle, Madara is the brains and Zetsu is their means of acquiring information with his "all seeing eyes."

Another legendary threesome. Sharingan, Rinnegan and whatever it that gives zetsu his abilities.

Other than that this chapter was all teaser. This chapter felt like it took forever and the other battles still haven't started yet. Still I'm pretty excited for whats to come.

Yes its finally been clarified that Tobi is Madara but that only leads to further questions.

Assertn
Fri, 12-21-2007, 07:16 PM
It does, however, make Zetsu's conversation with himself a little weirder back when he was arguing about Tobi as a candidate for akatsuki.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-21-2007, 07:35 PM
wow, it's been a while since I made a crazy theory.. so I might be a little rusty.
but nevermind that, here we go.

Zetsu is the true mastermind. he created the akatsuki for some purpose and used payne as a the front of the leader. in the meanwhile, he manipulates Obito (who had a memory loss and now calls himself Tobi) to believe his Madere, in order to lure out Itachi and Sasuke (possibly, he makes 'madare' convince Itachi to kill everyone) to fight him, since like Orochimaru, he thinks the Sharingan is the greatest threat to his masterplot, but he also wants something that only the Uchihas have in one of thier many secret houses.

well, I know it's weak, but I'm going to work on this one, depending how the next few chapters come out.

joker-kun
Fri, 12-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Anyone else think the fight Zetsu was talking about (well, the one that the one half was talking) is Itachi and Sasuke? I obviously don't get any points for that considering it's fairly obvious, and I doubt he cares about Kisame's fight.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 12-22-2007, 01:07 AM
So, Tobi is Madara after all. Well, I guess all we need now is an explanation on his longevity of life. I would like to have found out Pein's identity: apparently it's important enough that protecting it keeps him alive. Whatever happens, Naruto has to figure out that ultimate jutsu before he can take down Pein.....so I expect we will have a nice long break in action after the next two battles.

Assertn
Sat, 12-22-2007, 01:28 AM
So, Tobi is Madara after all. Well, I guess all we need now is an explanation on his longevity of life. I would like to have found out Pein's identity: apparently it's important enough that protecting it keeps him alive. Whatever happens, Naruto has to figure out that ultimate jutsu before he can take down Pein.....so I expect we will have a nice long break in action after the next two battles.
It's not that protecting it keeps him alive, it's that Jiraiya not finding out until it was too late was the deciding factor of that battle.

DayoftheDante
Sat, 12-22-2007, 02:05 AM
Do you think it's possible that Madara did actually die, but his body was reanimated somehow by Pein? The thought that Tobi is a rotting corpse under that mask is kind of cool to me...

We don't know for sure whether those other bodies that Jiraiya recognized are people who actually died or just went missing, do we?

And FUCK, I was hoping that Tsunade would show up at the last minute to bail Jiraiya out, even if that would have been a cheesier resolution.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 12-22-2007, 02:18 AM
Wow this chapter was crazy. So much info was given out and it looks like the real fight between Sasuke and Itachi is finally going to start.

ZETSU IS BACK! badass-venus-flytrap-multipersonnalities-dude make his appearence, showing us why he's the bestest ninja around.
I'm not so much impressed with Tobi beating Naruto's clones, we've seen it a million times before, anyone can down Naruto.

an IP adress? a code to the secret safe? a gymetric code? is there a cracker/hacker/H@X0R in the forum?

The code is probably one of Konoha's ciphers. When it gets to Tsunade and gets deciphered then we'll find out what it means. I wonder what her reaction will be to the information (not to mention Jiraiya's death).

Do you think it's possible that Madara did actually die, but his body was reanimated somehow by Pein? The thought that Tobi is a rotting corpse under that mask is kind of cool to me...

I doubt it, though with all the stuff reveled I'm not going to dismiss anything outright. Madara has some connection to the tailed beasts so its possible that an explaination for his increased lifespan might involve them.

poffin
Sat, 12-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Hehehe finally joined this forum...seems like this chapter was interesting enough for me to join the discussion about it. So hello everyone.:D
But anyway let's see...

This was an interesting question, but fairly easy to answer.
9+31+8+106+7+207+15= 383 = the current chapter. I do not think Jiraya is referring to the manga chapters but he's referring to the page 383 of his own book. Also the conversation between Pein and Zetsu was kind of weird since at first you would think he was talking to Pein but after Pein said "He appeared out of nowhere right after Madara ordered me to capture the nine-tails". Zetsu began talking with his other "personality". So I don't think Zetsu will have something to do with akatsuki management or something. And heh I am really curious for the Sasuke VS Itachi fight.

Idealistic
Sat, 12-22-2007, 03:41 PM
^^ Interesting theory... It could be correct, page 383 of Jiraiya's life stories.

As for the Sasuke vs Itachi fight, I'm not really sure if they are going to fight. When Itachi asked how good has Sasuke's eyes gotten, it looks like Itachi was going to show Sasuke something the way he walked past him like that.

darkshadow
Sat, 12-22-2007, 03:49 PM
unless sasuke developed some sort of mangekyou, he stands no chance whatsoever.

anyway nice chapter, hate to see the big man go, but it was an awesome fight he put up.

joker-kun
Sat, 12-22-2007, 03:56 PM
^^ Interesting theory... It could be correct, page 383 of Jiraiya's life stories.

As for the Sasuke vs Itachi fight, I'm not really sure if they are going to fight. When Itachi asked how good has Sasuke's eyes gotten, it looks like Itachi was going to show Sasuke something the way he walked past him like that.
The last frame on the left shows them both spinning to strike each other.

I also think that theory is too obvious. He could have written "383 in my book" in the same amount of time. Maybe it could be each page says something and then page 383 summarizes, but I doubt it. Either way it will be something Naruto or Tsunade understand.

Also this is pointless, but obviously everyone seen the face in the water when Tsunade looked down? Was that the Fourth and Jiraiyas or was it just the Fourth and the Third, or was it Jiraiya and the Third - her teacher and team member? (Yes I know it could have quite possibly been a reflection from the mountain, but she could have been seeing Jiraiya's face since he just died, and Tsunade is good with omens) Also it was a frog that made the ripple, so I think it was Jiraiya and the Third.

Picture:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1214/faceshc8.jpg

Idealistic
Sat, 12-22-2007, 04:10 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1214/faceshc8.jpg

Could it be a reflection of Mount Hokage?

joker-kun
Sat, 12-22-2007, 04:12 PM

Yes obviously. I said that in brackets.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Sat, 12-22-2007, 05:09 PM

It's obviously a reflection of Mount Hokage, though its been distorted so it looks like Jiraiya and Sarutobi.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Seems to be a reflection of Mt Hokage, but with the whole omen thing the reflection is coming across as Sarutobi and Jiraiya.

Assertn
Sat, 12-22-2007, 10:53 PM
This was an interesting question, but fairly easy to answer.
9+31+8+106+7+207+15= 383 = the current chapter. I do not think Jiraya is referring to the manga chapters but he's referring to the page 383 of his own book.
...and in Jiraiya's dying breath, he writes an encryption with even more encryption by breaking up an arbitrary number into the sum of 7 smaller numbers. If that's the case, then I don't know if I should see it as an insult to Pein for assuming he lacks basic math skills, or an insult to Pa, who clearly lost quite a bit more flesh from having 13 numbers etched into his back rather than 3.

k_truong
Sat, 12-22-2007, 11:01 PM
wonder what was peins secret...... any one like to take any guesses?

Munsu
Sun, 12-23-2007, 05:16 AM
That Zetsu knows that there's a Madara doesn't mean that he knows that Tobi is Madara. And that could be true for everyone in Akatsuki... they could all know there's a Madara, but not know that Tobi is him. And also, that he calls himself Madara doesn't exclude him from being Obito... Obito could be calling himself that, though I don't buy it.

yvliew
Sun, 12-23-2007, 11:21 AM
who is obito again? Kakashi's teammate when they were young?

Abdula
Sun, 12-23-2007, 11:25 AM
I think Zetsu knows Tobi is Madara. One, because Zetsu appears to have been there for a long time which could have been since Madara was talking to Pein. Two, because Zetsu was the one who brought "tobi" into Akatsuki in the first place and three because he apparently has a jutsu or ability that allows him to be omnipresent or atleast allows him to see seemingly everywhere.

I think it was definitely a reflection of Mount Hokage. Where this relates to Jiraiya is that she is only seeing the previous two hokages or more importantly the two people who gave their lives to protect the village.

I think Itachi just wants to test Sasuke's eyes. Like he said before Sasuke will not be able to defeat him unless he possesses the MS as Itachi does. Sasuke's confidence leads me to believe that he does or he won't be going after Itachi. More importantly all Oro, Itachi and Madara have talked about is how strong Sasuke's eyes are and that they will eventually surpass Itachi's. So I think that this is just another test.

It does, however, make Zetsu's conversation with himself a little weirder back when he was arguing about Tobi as a candidate for akatsuki.

I just don't think Kishi plans that far ahead. During the arc the anime is currently in for example, Jiraiya said that Naruto was able to go four tails because the seal was breaking but later on it was revealed that he had actually used the key to loosen the seal. I don't know how far ahead Kishi plans but it seems to be a week to week thing to me.

Assassin
Sun, 12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
when did they mention anything about the key? i don't remember that

joker-kun
Sun, 12-23-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't think everyone (in the akatsuki) knows that Tobi is Madara, so Zetsu couldn't have tried to recruit him by saying "oh he's Madara", and Pain couldn't have let him join without him proving himself or else everyone would have got suspicious. I think the ones who know are probably Pain, Zetsu and Madara himself. It's possible that Itachi knows. With them both bing Konoha ninja and both being Uchiha he could have fed him some bullshit about how the Uchiha are traitors and Itachi thought it best to exterminate them. To be honest though I think Itachi has had his own agenda since the beginning and we'll find out what it is soon.

Assertn
Sun, 12-23-2007, 04:20 PM
and Konan

Abdula
Sun, 12-23-2007, 05:14 PM
All the Akatsuki have their own agendas. That was well established when they were sealing the two tails after Asuma's death and Pein first said what Akatsuki's goals were. They said that once Akatsuki's goals were achieved then the organization would assist the members in achieving their own goals.

Yeah so four out of then "ten' members know/knew the organization's true purpose. I think that Itachi knows alot more than he lets on however.

@ Assasin: That was mentioned in the beginning of this arc when Jiraiya said that he was the one responsible for Naruto being able to now go four tails, he also switched ownership of the key from himself to Naruto in the beginning of the arc.

joker-kun
Sun, 12-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I also found it cool how Jiraiya named his book this chapter ("The Tale of Uzumaki Naruto"). I am guessing this once agin complies with the frog's prophecy of "Jiraiya writing a book". Obviously he has written many, but I think it was more of a metaphore for "writing" Naruto's life, and Jiraiya said at the end of 382 that Naruto is for sure the chosen one. Guess Naruto was more important than we thought. Even Kakashi comparing him to his father (Minato) was quite a feat.

@Assertn: Oh yeah forgot about her, lol. Thanks.

I think that Itachi knows alot more than he lets on however.
Yeah I worded that above wrongly. I know they have their own agendas I meant to say what you just said. I think Itachi knows more than anyone thinks and has his own plans in regards to that.

Assertn
Sun, 12-23-2007, 06:31 PM
All the Akatsuki have their own agendas. That was well established when they were sealing the two tails after Asuma's death and Pein first said what Akatsuki's goals were. They said that once Akatsuki's goals were achieved then the organization would assist the members in achieving their own goals.

That's news to me. You always seem to find plot details that I've never caught in both the manga and anime (aka doesn't exist). Pein has no intention of assisting the akatsuki's personal agendas, and it's pretty clear that Madara and Pein are using everyone else for their own plans...especially considering that Pein would lie to the other members when he explained their purpose to Hidan.

Abdula
Sun, 12-23-2007, 06:32 PM
I think Jiraiya's title was not only predictable but also really cheesy.

@ Assertn: It really annoys me when you guys constantly assume that I'm just making stuff up. It took me awhile to find but here it is:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh280/XVR_01/1.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh280/XVR_01/2.jpg

If that isn't enough for you then refer to chapter 329 pgs 10 & 11. Whether Pein and Madara are just exploiting the other members and whether he was lying or not doesn't change the fact that it was said.

Although it appears that Pein may have another goal other than the one he told the Akatsuki members about, I think what he said then may be his own personal goal. Destroying the other villages and essentially "the world" using the Bijuu fits not only with what Pein told Jiraiya about his ambitions but with the prophecy as well.

Assertn
Sun, 12-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Ah, I thought you meant it was stated in his real object that he revealed to Jiraiya. In that case, I'd have to refer back to my previous post:

Pein has no intention of assisting the akatsuki's personal agendas, and it's pretty clear that Madara and Pein are using everyone else for their own plans...especially considering that Pein would lie to the other members when he explained their purpose to Hidan.
We already know that Pein was lying to them about the main objective. What makes you think he was telling the truth about that?

Abdula
Sun, 12-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Like I said I don't think he was lying about his objective. I think what he said then is the truth. He may not have revealed his true or ultimate objective to Akatsuki but what he said then could simply be one part of it. Like I said if he does acquire and use the bijuu then that could also go along with his other goals and it would only be one way in which he could make the prophecy come true in that someone releasing all the Bijuu could in fact completely change or destroy the world.

Even though he may be working on achieving Madara's goal doesn't mean that he still doesn't intend to achieve his own goals or what he told the other members his goal was. It also doesn't mean that he won't help them achieve their own goals. Madara only seems to be interested in the sharingan and the kyuubi if that is the case then Pein would have the other 8 bijuu to use for his own purposes. Also Pein's goals and Madara's goals could be achieved together or one goal could enable the other to be accomplished.

Anyway none of that matters since we have no idea what their true goals are and whether or not they can or will be achieved together. My point is even though he may have revealed other goals or that Akatsuki may have been created to serve another purpose that doesn't mean that the other goals he spoke of won't be accomplished. He could simply have multiple objectives or one objective would simply enable him to achieve another.

In the end they are all villains and none of them would be involved in Akatsuki if it wouldn't help them in achieving their individuals objectives whatever those may be. So there really isn't any reason to think that what he told Akatsuki isn't the truth, everything he said could be true or everything he has said could be false and he could have another completely unrelated objective, we just don't know.

toonice714
Sun, 12-23-2007, 11:06 PM
YO! I'm gonna take a huge shot in the dark on this one but I think zetsu/sandshrew might be the akatsuki mastermind. Zetsu so far has done nothing but hide around and watch fights and dispose of dead ninja right? What if while madara and the first hokage were fighting at the valley of the end zetsu happened to be present at that fight. The fight was concluded and after the first left, madara made some deal with zetsu to use his technique to recycle(i dunno his soul or somethin) madara to another corpse(obito....sorry). Then Madara assembles akatsuki. I think Pain might be a compilation of fallen recycled ninja that zetsu reanimated with a technique. Jiriya did say he fought all of pain's bodies before. maybe one of them had rin'nengan. huh? whaddya think? too farfetched? it came to me randomly so i started typing. i need food.....

Abdula
Sun, 12-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Actually its not all that farfetched and it could make alot of sense but if that were the case I think Zetsu would have had more control over Akatsuki but Zetsu being present back when the first fought Madara could explain how he is still alive and Zetsu could also explain how they all came into contact with eachother.

I don't think any of Jiraiya's previous opponents had the rinnegan because he would/should have noticed something like that. I mean if they were all actually opponents he had faced you would think that they would have used it against him. I think the rinnegan is Nagato but again Zetsu could explain how he collected all the bodies.

All in all a great theory.

Rikudo
Mon, 12-24-2007, 12:28 AM
What if Nagato turns out to be Tobi. What if Yahiko did died and Nagato used the Rinnegan to put him in suspended animation, along with the other Peins? What if Kakuzu's reason for collecting all those money was to help his blind younger sister get an operation...oops I got carried away.

Konohamaru
Mon, 12-24-2007, 10:50 AM
here's my 2 cents on the secret.

I think Madara wants to react the whole nine tales thing and so he needs the demon's for that and take over the world. I think Itachi is undercover in akatsuki and knows how to stop this but he needs the help of Sasuke which is why Itachi's been pissing him off to make him stronger, perhaps at least achieve mangekyou. Perhaps it takes 2-3 mangekyou users to stop the beasts. Sounds way off but it's only a theory of mine.

I also think Zetsu is Madara's partner. Zetsu being a master spy and all will be able to relay info back to madara. I still believe that everyone has a partner in akatsuki and I think those 2 are partners.

Abdula
Mon, 12-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I think Madara wants to react the whole nine tales thing and so he needs the demon's for that and take over the world. I think Itachi is undercover in akatsuki and knows how to stop this but he needs the help of Sasuke which is why Itachi's been pissing him off to make him stronger, perhaps at least achieve mangekyou. Perhaps it takes 2-3 mangekyou users to stop the beasts. Sounds way off but it's only a theory of mine.

That sounds rather familiar now doesn't it.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 12-24-2007, 09:31 PM
As for Madara's identity being hush hush, I thought that a long time again one of the Sharingan users said that there were 3 others with it? Or the ability to use it. I dont know maybe I am wrong. Anyone else remember this? Or was I on shrums then too?

Abdula
Mon, 12-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes it was Itachi back when he first killed of the Uchiha clan and told Sasuke the whole" hate me, despise me" thing. Specifically he said that if Sasuke were to acquire the MS then there would be a total of three including him and Sasuke, the third ofcourse would be Madara and now Kakashi has it aswell.

Edort4
Tue, 12-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Well it was a nice chapter. I hoped that Jiraya was saved at the last minute somehow but uhh... I guess he died in a beffiting way.

I really liked how kishimoto chained the pictures of Jiraya falling into the pond and sumerging to the oblivion while Naruto explodes out of the pond with no hesitation in his eyes. Some kind of baton pass.

I got the feeling that we will revive another Sasuke chase arc, there are too many leafs together so they will be separated somehow. I guess that Naruto with someone more will finally get to Sasuke while the others are fighting some team to open the way ( hebi or peins 6 bodies). Tsunade will read Jirayas message and send bakcup (sand ppl? with shikamarus team??).

I wonder how Naruto is any kind of chosen ninja when he is completely incompetent compared to any other high lvl ninja (and his shurikengan is bullshit).

darkshadow
Tue, 12-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Only just now i realize, that what itachi said at the end of this ch, is linked to what he said to sasuke when he killed off the clan.

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 12-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Thats another thing i've been wondering. What exactly ARE Itachi's own goals/ambitions/motives. When he killed his clan, he basically gave the impression that he did it to test his power, but what's he doing in an organization like Akatsuki? Is he really interested in world domination?

I keep getting this idea that he's a plant by Root. I'm most likely wrong, but his lack of emotional manner reminds me a lot of sai.

Yukimura
Wed, 12-26-2007, 11:53 AM
After going back and rereading chapters 224 & 225 I noticed that the wording used when Itachi talks about measuring his own and Sasuke's capacity could be interpreted in more than the simple 'I was just checking out how strong I am' way.

He says "It was done to measure my capacity" but he doesn't actually give a reason why his capacity needed to be measured. Later he says something like "I pretended to be the brother that you knew in order to ascertain your capacity." Again, he doesn't offer a reason, merely an explanation of what his goal was.

So now we know that Itachi wanted to know how strong he was and he wanted to know how strong Sasuke could be, to me it sounds like he already had some goal in mind that he wanted to accomplish and needed to know if it could be done. I suspect this goal is either to assist or stopping the the third Sharingan user from fullfilling "the true purpouse of the Uchiha clan doujutsu" which he mentions to Sasuke when he sends him to that shrine.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Wed, 12-26-2007, 07:26 PM
So any guesses to what "the true purpose of the Uchiha clan" is?

Yukimura
Thu, 12-27-2007, 04:07 AM
My guess is playing a part in Bijuu domination via Genjutsu, like what Sasuke did to Manda but on a more powerful scale.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 12-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I really wonder if Itachi was gauging his own strength against his own clan, or really trying to figure out how he would do against another opponent, and this was the way to find out, but killing a shit load of people. Maybe he wanted to see if he was strong enough to fight against one person, where as this whole time I thought that he wanted to see how many people he could kill. If that makes any sense.

Abdula
Fri, 12-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I really wonder if Itachi was gauging his own strength against his own clan, or really trying to figure out how he would do against another opponent, and this was the way to find out

Isn't that the same thing. If he wanted to gauge his own strength and see how he would fare against another Uchiha in battle then its pretty much the same isn't it. He probably killed his clan to test his own capacity as he said and there would be no need for him to test himself against the clan unless he knew that there was someone more powerful out there which is why he needed to know just how strong he was.