PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Episode 11

animus
Mon, 12-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Episode 11 h264 704x400 - Conclave-Mendoi (http://bt.mendoi-fansubs.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_11_%5B704x400_H.264_AAC%5D%5B95801EBE%5D.mkv.torr ent)
Episode 11 h264 1280x760 - Concalve-Mendoi (http://bt.mendoi-fansubs.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_11_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BEF6BE135%5D.mkv.tor rent)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-18-2007, 01:42 AM
Not as much action as last week since it's a character development episode. I really liked how Allelujah actually sees his other self talking to him. I'd say it makes it realistic, but then again, I wouldn't know. Tieria can link up the entire ship and spy on people aye? I wonder how much of a cyborg he is. I doubt he's a completely computerized being. He was surprisingly understanding of Allelujah this ep. Normally he'd say he's inept and go take down the thing himself. Or maybe he's just calculated that having Allelujah around is worth it.

masamuneehs
Tue, 12-18-2007, 02:23 AM
I didn't really take to this episode.

I thought it was a bit early to have Allelujah "confront his past" and all that. I agree it's a good idea to end that program, especially from a long-term CB point of view (just look how much trouble that pink haired chick is!). But I disagree with how it was carried out.

Allelujah, I don't really like him.
Hallelujah, I really fucking like him!

I was initially very interested in their past regarding the space shuttle flashback, which was repeated this time also. It seemed to have something to do with the 'disposal' that didn't go as planned... But I felt we didn't get the "full picture" yet of exactly what happened on that space shuttle with Allelujah and his better half... I felt like they just dodged around it. while he was freaking out in front of the Super Soldier kiddy massacre center, they made that flashback into some confrontation symbolism bullshit by having the kid who Hal was about to kill turn into Al, raise his gun 'to fight his "evil" side', and fall for Hal's taunts by blowing away all the little boys and girls with a missile barrage.

But, if you look at that flashback the first time it's presented, it's pretty clear that the boy H/Al murder isn't Allelujah. In fact, the boy looks to be Allelujah's friend, someone who probably even helped him escape the program. The boy clearly has a voice actor every time the flashback starts, screaming Allelujah's name... but I haven't looked through the cast list to see if he's named or not... Probably one of those forgotten, unfinished Gundam footnotes that is ten times more interesting than the main story...

So, yeah, I reluctantly agree (much like Tieria did) that Allelujah's mission plan was a very good idea. And, from their standpoint, all you can really do is blow the kids away in a rather merciful death (although I'm sure a few died horribly slow deaths in the building collapse, not to mention the singularity of one unfortunate enough to possibly survive that attack and roam the space colony as a freaking psychotic orphan. But I don't think they should have let Allelujah do it, even if he did propose the mission. He almost crapped out, and then it'd have all been for naught. I also dislike it because it gives Allelujah (and the others) precedent to try to make personal convictions into missions. Maybe next time he (or Setsuna) won't ask Sumeragi...

Sumeragi's last name is Noriega? Good grief Internationalism Brown.

Was my mecha animu trying to sell me a bottle of Johnny Walker with that last scene?

Tieria pwned those colony guards. Freaking weak. No mecha action in this episode.

oh. also. Tieria = Aerolia Schenburger's embodiement of GOD. If God had a hermaphrodite spawn using nanomachines instead of some dumb Palestinian bitch, it would have been the Gospel of Tieria Erde. Get used to it folks. S/He can transform sexes, mobile suits, and listen in on your conversations (or when you're grunting out a furious poop in the bathroom). Accept this.

I thought it didn't go far enough as a character development episode. Frankly, all they did was confirm what was revealed, or at least hinted at, in the last episode. They should have gone further indepth, and their inability to do so really made this episode wishy-washy in a very bad way.

What I found really weird in this episode was the role of that HRL Super Soldier officer/researcher, the guy who was always in the mechanical eye machine (what did I say last episode about the most interesting characters not even having faces? Ming last time, this dude in 11...). Seriously, when he chose to NOT tell anyone he'd identified one of the Gundam pilots, I was like "This guy HAS to be a CB plant!" But it didn't look like that at the end... more like he was someone who thought he'd lose face if it came out that the Super Soldier program had also provided the enemy with a skilled pilot... I was thinking sometimes more about that than Allelujah's canned ham and cheese backstory.

Good stuff:
The HRL is planning a joint with the Union. In episode 11? Excellent.
Sergei Smirnoff (this show is definitely sponsored by liquor daimyos). He's the man.
The Union seems to be finding out some shit about the GN particles.
Space colonies (based on Lagrangian theory again).
Princess' Aide- New Lady Une is one tough hen. This time they got they got the right guy to design the hot but bossy glasses female.

Kraco
Tue, 12-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Hmm... In the scene with the reporters we learned that 200 years ago data security was worth shit and everything could have been overwritten many times over. And then a couple of scenes later Allelujah overwrites the whole space colony security program in five seconds using the access at some remote docking port. Something just doesn't compute here.

I wonder how many people in the colony were able to evacuate before they died of asphyxiation or just poisoned themselves with the smoke in such closed quarters. It seemed to be quite a fire considering the limited size of the facility. They might not even have other options to put it out than flushing the whole atmosphere into the space.

No wonder the HRL is considering cooperation with the Union.

rockmanj
Tue, 12-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I am still interested in seeing why there are APA (American Psychological Association) certified problems with most of the main crew of the Ptolemy. You have an alcoholic running the show, a guy with DID and sociopathic tendencies, at least three of the meisters suffered heavy childhood trauma, and Setsuna is also possibly psychotic...And Tiera's like some kind of androgynous robot. I'm curious to see why this circus has been trusted with all that firepower and such.

And on another note, I think its a bit soon in the series for cooperation between states, but i think the way it was brought about was well done.

Kraco
Wed, 12-19-2007, 04:09 AM
It's a good question, but the answer might be quite a simple one: Their boss seems to be an artificial intelligence. In this case predicting the behavior of psychologically challenged personnel could be easier than perfectly healthy ones. Normal people could start to second-guess all the terror and mass murders they are spreading around but people with certified problems can go forward with single-minded determination till the very end and never look back. As long as the AI complies to some basic, individual requirements such weirdos might have.

It's all about control, and while superficially thinking controlling madmen might seem more challenging than sane people, it's not necessarily so if you are able to provide the madmen with what they crave.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-19-2007, 06:49 AM
I think the short snippets of politics were far more interesting than the majority of the content in this episodes. Allelujah/Hallelujah is somewhat boring to me. Then again, all the pilots still are.
In the scene with the reporters we learned that 200 years ago data security was worth shit and everything could have been overwritten many times over.Funny, the first thing I thought of was wikipedia.

Anyway, we've got the Union siding with the HRL. That was not something I expected. Due to the more common appearance of the Union and AEU mobile suit models, I was expecting them to join forces instead. I was under the impression that the HRL and Union were the two countries most hostile to each other. They were the largest, had their orbital elevators and satellite arrays up first, and seemed to be the most economic and military centered. I was definitely also getting a USA vs. USSR vibe from them.

The two of them in negotiations of allying against CB was quite surprising.

There was also the issue of the Super Soldier officer/researcher, the one masa mentioned. I loved that element of this episode, almost entirely separated from the Allelujah storyline. He discovers that something he and others were involved in is giving CB an edge. So what does he do? Rather than use his knowledge to help the Sergei's efforts, he tries to destroy the evidence that connects him to it and cover it all up. He could have built a machine that really messes with Allelujah's brain waves, and incapacitate Hallelujah as well. They certainly protect Soma in the opposite way.

But no...he covers his ass. Or fails trying to. I found it pretty similar to what the Nazi Scientists tried to do (many fleeing to Brazil) or even the Japanese ones that did their best to hide after WWII. Glad Sergei caught him this time. He will probably die in horrible pain for jeopardizing the lives of Sergei's squad and support.

Lastly, Shirin still kicks ass. Interrupts a UN member's discussion with her princess to give her own opinion. That's one shrewd lady.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 12-19-2007, 09:47 AM
And her opinion is shrewd too.