PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Movie 2- The DimondDust Rebellion

TheBladeChild
Fri, 12-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Interesting, this seems to go into more depth into the characters already in the story, instead of just a completely filler story.

Anyway, Discuss...

Yukimura
Fri, 12-07-2007, 04:59 PM
My immediate reaction to this was too much Hitsugaya. I don't have anything against him per se, but I don't understand why he's treated as God's gift to Bleach in terms of how much screen time he gets outside of the original work. But who knows, maybe the movie will make him seem a lot cooler. But as long as there's more of Byakuya and Zaraki in this one than there was in Memories of Nobody I'll be happy.

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Whats your problem with HItsugaya, the kid is a prodigy. I honestly don't know why they like to plaster his face everywhere though and they really do a bad job of portraying him too but I hope they make him look good. I agree with you though more Byakuya and Zaraki as they seem to be everyones' favorite characters.

Yukimura
Sat, 12-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Does 'don't having anything against' translate to 'have a problem with'? I don't have a problem with Hitsugaya but I don't like the amount of animation time he gets. Sure he's a prodigy, but to me that means very little. He's better than he should be at his age, but it doesn't mean he's better than all the other people at the level which he's achieved at his early age. Since Hitsugaya strikes me as one of the weaker Captian's I'm not as interested in seeing him fleshed out, since I'm drawn to strength. I know he is extremely popular among Japanese fans and thus has major marketability, but it depresses me a little that instead of building a movie around a character I already like this movie will be based around a character I'm not all that fond of.

TheBladeChild
Sat, 12-08-2007, 06:00 AM
You might not be fond of him now, but maybe after this he might grow on you. Personally I dont hate him nor do I particularly like his character. I kinda think of him as the "working captain" just because he seems to be out in the field a lot more then the other captains.

Abdula
Sat, 12-08-2007, 09:06 AM
The "working captain" I like that, I'll consider it his official title.

@Yukimura: No it doesn't translate, it was a statement not a question. Its understandable why you don't like him getting so much attention because there are better characters in the show. I just like him because he is "young," smart and strong.

Inazuma
Sat, 12-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Hitsugaya got lots of screen time because the icy midget got a dragon shaped bankai. And you know, mix a prodigy, a midget, a dragon, and one of the four elements, you'll get the best merchandising product ever.
Every lambda watcher will just go " Omg Hitsugaya is teh shit !!1!!! "; " Get me pregnant Hitsugaya I love u ...." and shit ...
Just check bleach fan's BBS to confirm.

Nearly all other captain class char are more interesting than Hitsugaya (Except Mayuri, because he's a freak who got pwnd by Ishida).

Instead of having the " Diamondust whateverthetitleis " movie. Why not having a movie tracing back the Genryusai-Ukitake-Shunsui era ... or Urahara Kisuke gaiden.

Yukimura
Sat, 12-08-2007, 02:42 PM
@BladeChild I would agree, I meant to say a charachter I'm impartial to, not 'not fond of'. I don't really care about Hitsu one way or another, he's just sort of there, maybe after he's fleshed out he'll seem more interesting to me. But even if that happens I'd still rather someone I actively like got fleshed out since character awesomeness has increasing returns to scale on likability for me.

Rikudo
Sat, 12-08-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm not that interested with Hitsugaya's character either but whenever he's there it means "Rangiku" will be around. Her boobsies make up for Hitsugaya's bland personality.

TheBladeChild
Sat, 12-08-2007, 05:30 PM
The "working captain" I like that, I'll consider it his official title.

@Yukimura: No it doesn't translate, it was a statement not a question. Its understandable why you don't like him getting so much attention because there are better characters in the show. I just like him because he is "young," smart and strong.

lol if hes the working captain, what do you think the other captains should be called? Im just interested in what people think of the other captains.

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 12-08-2007, 08:20 PM
young prodigy characters are almost an instant hit in the anime world, no surprise there. Characters like Edward Elric, Gaara, L (death note), Luffy to name a few. Young people who excel in whatever field they're in.

Hitsugaya got lots of screen time because the icy midget got a dragon shaped bankai. And you know, mix a prodigy, a midget, a dragon, and one of the four elements, you'll get the best merchandising product ever.

I think Inazuma hit the nail on the head here. and I shamelessly admit that the merchandising worked on me :D can't wait to see this movie. And it should be interesting exploring the past of one of the gotei 13.

Crash
Sun, 12-09-2007, 10:52 AM
WTB more Kenpachi. He's hands down the coolest character in bleach, yet he gets almost no exposure in the series or the movies. Then again the creators probably aren't basing their choices on how popular a character is with people who jack it for free off the net. Damn you vast culture differences.

It looks good though ,even if he's not my favorite character. Looking forward to it.

itadakimasu
Sun, 12-09-2007, 01:27 PM
I think i posted this opinion in the thread for this weeks ep... but, i too have been wondering why Hitsugaya gets so much air time, and was like... omg not again. But the scenes shown in this weeks bleach opening from the movie seemed pretty cool to me w\ Hitsugaya maybe losing his memory or being controlled or something.

@Inazuma, Urahara-gaiden ^^

I would like to see some urahara action

Kirakun
Tue, 12-11-2007, 12:37 AM
WTB more Kenpachi. He's hands down the coolest character in bleach, yet he gets almost no exposure in the series or the movies.

QFT

Not sure why they don't give him a little more exposure. At this point I'll take anyone other than Hitsugaya.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 12-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Lil' bit more interested cause of the 152nd ending. When does it air? Or coming out? Better yet, download it?

Yukimura
Fri, 12-14-2007, 11:05 AM
The Release Date is December 22nd. I doubt well be seeing a fansub of it until the DVD comes out which if the trend holds will take at least 6 months if not longer. But cam versions are always a possibility.

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-15-2007, 10:38 AM
On the question of 'why Histugaya gets so much screen time'

This is the answer...

Bleach's 3rd Popularity Poll (from 2005):
01) Kurosaki Ichigo 8370
02) Hitsugaya Toushirou 8321
03) Kuchiki Rukia 6122
04) Abarai Renji 4517
05) Ichimaru Gin 4039
06) Kuchiki Byakuya 3752
07) Shihouin Yoruichi 3744
08) Urahara Kisuke 3676
09) Zaraki Kenpachi 3001
10) Inoue Orihime 2901
11) Kira Izuru 2873
12) Hinamori Momo 2735
13) Hisagi Shuuhei 2317
14) Ukitake Jyuushiro 2298
15) Ishida Uryuu 1742
16) Soi Fong 1628
17) Matsumoto Rangiku 1377
18) Aizen Sousuke 1266
19) Kusajishi Yachiru 1224
20) Ulquiorra 737
21) Ise Nanao 609
22) Kon 601
23) Tsumugiya Ururu 566
24) Yamada Hanatarou 545
25) Tousen Kaname 519
26) Madarame Ikkaku 456
27) Kurotsuchi Mayuri 448
28) Kyouraku Shunsui 445
29) Kurosaki Isshin 440
30) Yasutora Sado 370

A 4th poll began in september, but I guess it hasn't ended yet since I couldn't find the results anywhere.

Personally I would prefer more backstory for Soifon, but she isn't even on the top10.

Inazuma
Sat, 12-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Btw
23) Tsumugiya Ururu 566
24) Yamada Hanatarou 545
25) Tousen Kaname 519
26) Madarame Ikkaku 456
28) Kyouraku Shunsui 445
29) Kurosaki Isshin 440
30) Yasutora Sado 370

Come on ... Hanatarou cooler than Ikkaku ? Either it's a fake, either the people voting is not reading or watching Bleach.

animus
Sat, 12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
It's not a who's cooler than who poll, it's a popularity poll.

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Btw
23) Tsumugiya Ururu 566
24) Yamada Hanatarou 545
25) Tousen Kaname 519
26) Madarame Ikkaku 456
28) Kyouraku Shunsui 445
29) Kurosaki Isshin 440
30) Yasutora Sado 370

Come on ... Hanatarou cooler than Ikkaku ? Either it's a fake, either the people voting is not reading or watching Bleach.

Did you bother to read the full post?
Its a poll from two years ago... since the most recent one (from september) hasn't released its results.

Fake? Go ask the Japanese who voted.

Abdula
Sat, 12-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah, Japanese fans don't usually go by who is cooler. Their popularity polls usually always have some unexpected results. Frankly I'm surprised Kon isn't higher up on the list because I know they love him and I didn't expect Ichigo to be #1.

Yukimura
Wed, 12-19-2007, 11:48 PM
The Bleach 153 OP showed Yoruichi back in action in this movie as well as nearly every captain doing stuff (including Yamamoto). I think I even saw Hisagi from Tousen's division releasing his zanpakuto, which I think would be a potential canon violation. Regardless I'm more excited about this now, since we haven't seen much of any captain ownage since the last movie.

Cinnalynn19
Fri, 12-21-2007, 11:45 AM
I would like to see more Yoruichi , Soi Fon, Urahara, and Ukitake . I want to see them *really* fight.

Alot less of Matsumoto and Orihime. They have big boobs but their powers are rather blah for my tastes. Though Orihime has gotten a bit more interesting recently.

Id like to see more of the Vizard. And my god I was so glad when the Bounts deal was over.

Im stoked about this movie though....I cant wait for it to come out in subtitles.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Well I've heard the DVD is going to be released in Japan on 20/09/2008. So might be a bit of a wait...

ian_sanzo
Sat, 04-05-2008, 02:22 AM
I don't know if i'll probably get bashed here, but i downloaded the diamon dust rebellion in tosho anf i got a baseball game? Is it just me or DB fansub is trolling again?

redcat
Sat, 04-05-2008, 04:22 AM
it was their april fools joke

Archangel
Sat, 04-05-2008, 01:34 PM
A reatrded april fools joke, tak about a waste of bandwidth, good thing i'm used to their trolls and wasn't fooled.

About the movie, i haven't seen it but it must be good since it pushed hitsugaya to numver one in the latest popularity polls.

As this been subbed by anyone btw?

Jessper
Sat, 04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
You should never download anything from DB's website on April fools, it is asking to get trolled.

ian_sanzo
Sun, 04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Yea I agree. Well thats not going to happen to me again. DB is a one crazy group of people. LOL!!!

Chiodos
Wed, 04-09-2008, 02:38 PM
A reatrded april fools joke, tak about a waste of bandwidth, good thing i'm used to their trolls and wasn't fooled.

About the movie, i haven't seen it but it must be good since it pushed hitsugaya to numver one in the latest popularity polls.

As this been subbed by anyone btw?

It's a lil' out of the blue but has it even been released yet?

Archangel
Fri, 04-11-2008, 11:44 AM
U mean the dvd? No it hasn't.