PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuden Episode 38

Nintendo
Thu, 12-06-2007, 06:15 PM
out by NB,enjoy
http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=28639&name=%5BNB%5DNaruto_Shippuuden_38%5BXvid%5D%5BB9E1 4E59%5D.avi.torrent

unfortuntly,NB is going to sub only the next ep(39) and the special (40+41) then they will stop subbing shippuuden coz a spamer turned their lives to hell at their official site so i hope that if anyone intrested in their subs which is better than DB can go their and ask them to continue their good job.thanks

LaZie
Thu, 12-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Out by DB (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns038.torrent)

Enjoy....hopefully...

Idealistic
Fri, 12-07-2007, 01:08 AM
I was about to say "Wow, filler material at it's best with Naruto forming a Rasengan for Sai.", but then it was a henge. Lawl. Fooled me. LMFAO at "You fail" on Yamato.

Looks like the spy is Kabuto?

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-07-2007, 01:19 AM
That wasn't filler.

Khazz
Fri, 12-07-2007, 01:38 AM
was an *ok* episode, next weeks ep(and the one after) is going to be soooooo good :D, the preview does a good job at not showing anything

deadlydreamx
Fri, 12-07-2007, 02:09 AM
yea wouldnt be surprised if next weeks ep gives it all away in da preview like it always does.

this episode was alright nothing too excitin but it set it up for the meetin at da bridge n naruto accepting sai as a helper atleast

masamuneehs
Fri, 12-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I liked this episode, even though it felt like they should have been to the bridge by now. Yamato is a surprisingly funny character, and I like how he knows there's no point trying to reason with Naruto, so he just tries to intimidate him.

When I think about what a show about people raised to be ninja from a young age is supposed to be like, I always think it'd be filled with people like Sai. The Narutoverse has classically been stocked with people acting on their emotions, people letting their feelings dictate their lives. Sai is funny ("Of course I know the word comrade" was pretty funny), but at the same time he brings something to the table that we really haven't seen from Konoha ninja yet. Essentially, he is mentally fucked and unable to be anywhere near normal (as his reaction to "the word comrade" also shows), but he is still a fully functioning, 100% professional ninja.

I mean, the guy does everything literally by the book. He slyly observes his teammates and notes their abilities and tendencies. He takes Naruto out of the mission because he believes he can get it done better without him there (and does, although I'd have liked to see exactly HOW he did it...) Sai stands there and listens to Sakura berate him for not being able to understand their feelings. He calmly reiterates that he has no emotions, and goes on to say not just that his brother is dead (and despite that, he still cannot relate to Naruto), but that what bothers him is that he was unsure of how to act when his brother died. He makes no mention of how he felt, of how this tragedy impacted his life, just expresses disdain that he was unable to react appropriately to the situation.

I think this show would have benefited from more characters like him. Yeah, it's a good shounen romp as is, but it's not a show about ninjas, at least not as they'd be even if chakra and jutsus and all that magic existed. It's about normal shmucks playing ninja.

Also, goddamn is Naruto fucking annoying as hell...

Finally... people, did you not watch the preview? Did you watch some other preview? Maybe you covered your ears and closed your eyes whilst watching it? It's fucking obvious now who the spy is. (You could almost tell from the shots of him at the end of 36-37, if you were looking hard enough). "Him?" "No way! He was the Akatsuki spy?" And then you see his hair. (It's a shame too, because in the manga it was a complete surprise that really threw me for a loop. One thing that has always sucked about Naruto is how much the previews give away)

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I completely agree with you. They could seriously use more people like sai, he is the quintessence of what I thought the ninjas in Naruto would be. If you think about it the ninja's in Naruto aren't as emotionally driven as you might think. Sure Naruto is an overemotional idiot but that really is just him, none of the other characters are that bad the few others like Kiba and Lee only acted that way when they were genin. They have grown since then and it seems Naruto really hasn't but if you look at the jounin's like Gaara, Baki and Kankuro from the sand and Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai and the other leaf jounin then you would see that it really is just Naruto.

Speaking of Naruto not growing, What the hell was he doing with JIraiya for the past 2.5 years. He still doesn't seem to have any battle sense or combat experience for that matter. His taijutsu still sucks and even when he does manage to come up with a good strategy he manages to blow it.

Why the hell did he try to use the rasengan in that situation he and the clone simply had to corner Yamato and then let Sai capture him. I agree with Sai just tie him up and keep him out of your way because you really can't expect a ninja to fight a serious battle with his life on the line against an Akatsuki opponent while trying to protect someone or something else. That is why Gaara lost to Deidara because by all rights he would've won that battle if he didn't have to protect the village. I wonder how long Naruto would've stayed tied to that substitution before he realized it wasn't the real Yamato because Sai realized right away and Sakura had to actually come out and tell him, that was embarrassing.

Naruto was really acting like an ass in the beginning when they were assigning the teams, if you have to work with him you have to work with him, ninjas shouldn't be complaining that much but it looked like he finally realized that in the end, looked rather cool there although he did look quite pathetic. If your on a mission and you can't get along with the person you are with or they are acting like a complete ass why would you start acting like an ass too, then nothing would get done. Then again Naruto really is just a kid playing ninja games someone has said that in the past, I think it was Zabuza or Kabuto.

What is with Sakura is she in love with Naruto now, wishy washy, flip flopping little bitch.

Yamato looked really impressive, what one would expect from an anbu ninja because the anbu really haven't done anything up till this point in the show. I wonder how strong Sai really is and how he managed to capture Yamato all by himself.

Yeah really why are they showing the spy, walking to the bridge and giving away so much info about him. Damn anime spoiling itself is just sad.

I think I forgot to mention something but I can't remember what it is right now.

Narasho
Fri, 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Yes you did.

No, he didn't. Notice the "I was about to say filler" and the "but, then it was henge." He was saying if Naruto had used Sai (and not a copy) to form the rasengen, then he would have said it was a filler.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Finally... people, did you not watch the preview? Did you watch some other preview? Maybe you covered your ears and closed your eyes whilst watching it? It's fucking obvious now who the spy is. (You could almost tell from the shots of him at the end of 36-37, if you were looking hard enough). "Him?" "No way! He was the Akatsuki spy?" And then you see his hair. (It's a shame too, because in the manga it was a complete surprise that really threw me for a loop. One thing that has always sucked about Naruto is how much the previews give away)Thats why a lot of us skip them. And why I'm pretty sure we had a discussion earlier this year where it was decided to not talk about them in the discussion threads.

But I guess people have forgotten.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 12-08-2007, 01:19 AM
What is with Sakura is she in love with Naruto now, wishy washy, flip flopping little bitch.

She is not in love with him. I just think that as they have gotten older she has a new found respect for Naruto, before he was just this person that everyone hated for no reason and she bought into that alittle, and now that she knows more about him and his pain, she cares about him. By no means is she in love with him, she is just a friend to him. And I like that, shows maturity on her part.

Abdula
Sat, 12-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Say What Now. If you think she is mature, then that is your opinion. There are some shining examples of her new found maturity and then there are some times when she shows you that she just may have spent too much time with Naruto or Tsunade. I wouldn't be surprised if she suddenly feel in love with Naruto because her character hasn't changed that much. Either way she is still a wishy washy, flip flopper.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-08-2007, 11:37 PM
You can love a friend in the same way you can love a family member, and be different from love shared by couples.

Speaking of Sakura, one thing's been bugging me a little. It was said earlier that her and Tsunade's so called superstrength is possible through excellent control of chakra. By focusing your chakra on one point (eg, contact points on your fist) and releasing it in a burst upon contact, the sudden explosiveness of the chakra manifests itself as superstrength. But how does that work when she's trying to pull a snake apart? If she somehow punched the snake against a wall or something, fine, but what happened in this episode shouldn't have happened, unless I'm mistaken on principle.

Yukimura
Sun, 12-09-2007, 12:22 AM
My guess wouuld be she used chakra on her palms to grab on really tight and then expelled chakra from the inside edges of her arms. It would be like adding little rockets to her arms increasing the force pulling apart. But it makes more sense to just ignore the explanation and think of Sakura as super strong b/c she just is.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-09-2007, 04:02 AM
That's not how Sakura's strength works. It's not like Rasengan or Chidori where chakra is channel out of the body to cause damage.

She channels the chakra directly to her muscles, increasing their strength. The chakra never leaves her body. By doing it in short, focused bursts, she's able to make her muscles extremely powerful for an instant at a time.

Munsu
Sun, 12-09-2007, 05:10 AM
She's simply been poppin a ton of soldier pills behind the scenes.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-09-2007, 08:51 AM
That's not how Sakura's strength works. It's not like Rasengan or Chidori where chakra is channel out of the body to cause damage.

She channels the chakra directly to her muscles, increasing their strength. The chakra never leaves her body. By doing it in short, focused bursts, she's able to make her muscles extremely powerful for an instant at a time.

See Naruto Shippuuden Ep 3 for an explanation by Kakashi. (7:55). Not entirely sure if Orochimaru/Jiraiya gave one in the finding-Tsunade arc in the first series.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-09-2007, 02:47 PM
You're right, she shouldn't be able to rip stuff apart.

redcat
Sun, 12-09-2007, 03:39 PM
it's a cartoon

Yukimura
Sun, 12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Don't read so much into the how...she has super strength, that's just a fact of her post time skip self. Thinking about the how just leads to plot holes... for instance, if the explanation Kakkashi gave is all there was to super strength then any ninja with precise chakra control would be able to produce comparable results. That would cheapen both Tsunade and Sakura since Tsunade's strength is supposed to be famous. Thus for the sake of the plot it's better to assume that Kakashi gave a very simplistic and reductionist explanation and that there's more that goes into Sakura and Tsunade's overall super strength then just what he explained. (Unless you prefer plot holes, in which case ignore this post)

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Well if your cartoon is full of plot holes that makes it a badly written cartoon.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 12-10-2007, 07:56 AM
It doesnt make sense that someone who could knock down a building wouldnt be able to pull something apart. How many strong people do you know that are only strong going in one motion? Generally they are strong period. That is how Sakura should be looked upon.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
It doesnt make sense that someone who could knock down a building wouldnt be able to pull something apart. How many strong people do you know that are only strong going in one motion? Generally they are strong period. That is how Sakura should be looked upon.

Well, get some guy who only does bicep curls and nothing else. He'll be good at lifting weights that way, but would probably suck at push ups. One strength doesn't equal another. Kakashi's explanation was pretty clear. You gather chakra at the point of contact, and on impact you release it all in a flash. It's not your muscles or the force of your punch that does the damage. It's the sudden spike in change in chakra of the impacted object that magnifies the impact of your punch, therefore the result is as if you hit it will with a 200Kph rubbish truck. The key here is hitting. Pulling or other sustained contact shouldn't work unless you somehow "impact" on something. Which would also question how she managed to twirl Sasori on his tail.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Why is it so hard to entertain the idea that maybe Kakashi didn't understand the full extent of what goes into Sakura's strength? Tsunade was gone a long time and it seems she didn't teach anyone other than Shizune. If she figured out the whole super strength thing on her own and never taught it to anyone but Sakura then only they would have a full understanding of how they got to be as strong as they are.

There are now two examples on the table pointing to Sakura having generally freakish strength (as opposed to strength limited to huge impacts). Her pulling apart the snake thing and the tossing around of stuff she did with Sasori (which I haven't fact checked but vaguely remember). Kakashi explained her impact strength but to my knowledge he never saw her utilize her strength in a non impact situation and thus we've had no explanation of how it might work. Yet she clearly possesses the pulling strength to pull apart the snake because she did it. It's only a plot hole if there's no logical explanation based on the plot that would lead to the event. Is it illogical that Kakkashi doesn't know absolutely everything?

ASSpirine
Mon, 12-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Well if your cartoon is full of plot holes that makes it a badly written cartoon.

Trekkies are always discussing the probability of things in the series and questioning it. It's not possible for this and that reason... As a writer you cannot write a story without anyone finding a plot hole. Especially if what you are writing, is for a huge fanbase. Then there's bound to be discussions and you end up with many plot holes.

Assertn
Mon, 12-10-2007, 01:49 PM
You guys are being ridiculous. How does this discrepancy affect the plot in any way?
For what it's worth, I don't think anything was mentioned in the manga about Sakura freeing Naruto from the snake.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
It consumes my every waking thought!!

Abdula
Mon, 12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Is it illogical that Kakkashi doesn't know absolutely everything?

Yes it is, but this conversation doesn't matter because beyond the techniques Tsunade thought Sakura she is just plain strong. Guy is just strong because he trains, so in the interests of ending this argument lets just say that she strength trains along with using the techniques Tsunade thought her. Logical explanation covers all the bases.

Inazuma
Mon, 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM

Colossus. Go get some general knowledge. XD (See X-Men Comics)

Or a cartoon in which you stuff many many OVAs and fillers, so you make more money.

Abdula
Mon, 12-10-2007, 05:45 PM
@Inazuma: Was there a point to your post?

masamuneehs
Mon, 12-10-2007, 07:46 PM
another week, another time i have to say:

Next person to make a post having nothing to do with this episode gets a ban. Yes, a ban.

You guys can draw parallels, you can argue stupid petty shit until you're blue in the face, you can defend your reasons. But writing stupid one sentence posts that don't have a drop of relevance is off-topic spamming, and I'm sick of seeing it in these discussions. If you can't learn how to tie in your little one-sentence defenses with the episode's events, please don't post it.

Who fucking cares how Sakura got super powers! It's a goddamn shounen anime. They can also heal people by concentrating really hard and putting their hand over the wound. Shit, especially trivial shit, does not make sense in anime, and you're really in need of a hobby if trying to make sense out of it is the best you can do in discussing an episode.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 12-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Colossus. Go get some general knowledge. XD (See X-Men Comics)

Or a cartoon in which you stuff many many OVAs and fillers, so you make more money.

Umm that makes no sense. You are talking about Mutants. Colossus can turn his body into metal and then use the strength from that. Sakura uses her muscles and Chakra to enhance her strength when she chooses to.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Several sentences which are easy to read and to the point

What he said.

Sasuke's the genius, Naruto's the idiot who will eventually save the day and Sakura gets to have super human strength. Just accept it and move on.