PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 381

conquistaDan
Wed, 12-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Don't post crap like this again.

Knives122
Thu, 12-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I knew it was going to happen but still: SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4015/556211122982lohg6.th.jpg (http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=556211122982lohg6.jpg)

Abdula
Thu, 12-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I hope Jiraiya survives but like I said before everything else suggests that he will die but I want him to survive. Looks like this chapter is going to be another teaser.

Idealistic
Thu, 12-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I thought the translation said Jiraiya escaped and only that the fat Pein saw him the whole time, but at a distance. How can the picture show Jiraiya caught and stabbed?

One of them has to be fake.

If the translation are true, perhaps next chapter we get to find out who Tobi really is.

David Craft
Thu, 12-06-2007, 04:58 PM
The translation is a fake,

Check out the previous chap thread

~David

Yukimura
Thu, 12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Indeed, the first 'translation' posted tends to be complete B.S. This one seemed obviously fake since there was way too much dialog and too many scene changes for a single chapter, but it was entertaining to read.

Abdula
Thu, 12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Most are, some people have some really imaginative minds, unfortunately I'm not one of them. It seems that Jiraiya's death is imminent, its appears that he may have recognized Peins bodies as opponents he had previous fought.

Assertn
Thu, 12-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Not to mention that most of the stuff in the fake translation sounds like something you'd more likely see in the anime than the manga. (ie. repeated wasted attempts at attacking some guy. Uninspiring exchanges between two opponents, like suigetsu vs kisame...etc.)

Knives122
Thu, 12-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Looks like Jman doesn't give up without a fight(judging from the second pic) :

Bottom of the page (http://arcanus.byethost32.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=264&p=319#p319)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 12-06-2007, 11:07 PM
What's with the good guys always getting stabbed! Enough with the stabbing!

HachimonTonkou
Fri, 12-07-2007, 04:07 AM
I'm a bit lost because it kind of skipped ahead and went to a stabbing scene. It doesn't look good for the J man, there's still 5 left, possibly 6 because they always seem to revive each other. Is it just me, or does the one Pain laying on the floor remind you of a puppet? He looks fake or controlled at that point, perhaps under some kind of control.

I'd be surprised if Jiraiya made it out alive. Its kind of sad to see him go, but it will cause an uproar in konoha if it does, possibly leading tsunade to lead an attack on the rain village full force, hokage or not, she'll be really pissed.

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Looks like "J man" is gonna bite it. Yeah it does resemble a puppet but that may be because he is dead. Its seems like Jiraiya really did meet all of Peins bodies in the past so he could be using th e dead bodies as hosts are something like that.

@IMBTD: I know right, poor Jiraiya I feel sorry for him.

Yukimura
Fri, 12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
381 RAW and Text Translations (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22566)

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Interesting chapter, and nice to see all the 'Pain's are former enemies of Jiraiya.

Btw... this fake translations are annoying... I thought we could only create a spoiler thread when real spoiler scans were posted?

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Yes I was wondering about that. I wonder if its mere coincidence that he had previously met all of them but that is highly improbable. It must have something to do with the prophecy and why the old sage told him to travel the world and write a book but I'm completely stumped with that one. I have no idea what this could mean or what direction the plot is going to go in based on this.

Hey atleast his death isn't going to be in vain we should find out what Pein's real identity is and why all his bodies have the rinnegan in the next chapter and it looks like Konoha will get one of Pein's bodies delivered to them soon via toad express but I don't know how that would help them. Sure they'll learn that the Akatsuki leader has the rinnegan and they might be able to figure out how that particular jutsu works but that really isn't going to help them much because no one seems to know what the rinnegan's abilities are. Wow with that body coming back and the info they will get from the book kabuto gave them, I would expect the leaf to launch an all out assault on akatsuki soon especially if Jiraiya dies.

I want to complain about Jiraiya putting up a barrier around him that apparently hides him from view and killed his opponent but I'll save that until a scan comes out, feels a little too Inuyasha-ish for my tastes. The barrier doesn't even seem to be working against Pein anyway since one of his bodies managed to get through and stab Jiraiya with something that apparently messes up his chakra, Nice. I wonder if we're going to see more chakra based weaponry now, we already saw Asuma's knives and what he and Shikamaru were able to do with them.

Yeah I don't know why conquistaDan just started creating threads with fake translations lately wouldn't be so bad if he manages to at least find some corresponding fake spoiler pics.

LaZie
Fri, 12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Out by MangaShare (http://f1.mangashare.com/Naruto_381%5BMS%5D.zip)

joker-kun
Fri, 12-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Can we just learn his identity already...

It's obviously the giant prophet frog that's behind it all:rolleyes: /sarcasm off.

Konohamaru
Fri, 12-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the chapter!

Holy! Jiraiya has to be dead now! 4 swords in the back and a crushed throat! Just when he finally sussed Pain out. Drats! I bet next chapter will go back to everyone elses fight now, UGH!

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow he is toast. I wonder what he figured out. I find it interesting that he mentioned that no one would be able to get this close to Pein again. If anyone is going to be able to figure out who/what Pein is it would be Jiraiya. Wow more of Jiraiya's weird jutsus, he was swimming inside the mouth of that weird toad-pig creature.I really wonder what all of Pein's bodies being people Jiraiya had previously met has to to with him or the prophecy.

The more we learn 'bout Pain, the less we understand.

The manga has really taken itself to another level since the time skip. This whole thing only makes me more intrigued about Itachi and Tobi and what all this has to do with the kyuubi.

joker-kun
Fri, 12-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the chapter!

Holy! Jiraiya has to be dead now! 4 swords in the back and a crushed throat! Just when he finally sussed Pain out. Drats! I bet next chapter will go back to everyone elses fight now, UGH!

That's my worry. I want to find out his identity before it going to the other fights and what not. It looks like it's over for Jiraiya though. I am hoping that he had one last technique to stop those swords, or that the frog somehow finds out the identity and can pass it on.

Meh either way this opens the door for Naruto. He's finally becoming a a talented ninja not to mention this whole new "key thing" and now his master is dead. Don't know how long it will take, but Naruto will fuck up Pain eventually.

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Meh either way this opens the door for Naruto. He's finally becoming a a talented ninja not to mention this whole new "key thing" and now his master is dead. Don't know how long it will take, but Naruto will fuck up Pain eventually.

I have to disagree with that entire statement.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
didn't one of the frogs spit out a "Jiraya" body? I thought it was one of Payne's bodies, but it looks like Jiraya...
anyway, J-man is a goner, I hope that he'll tell us what's the deal with Payne already, it's getting old with all these non-dying akatsukis..

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 07:02 PM
That was Jiraiya apparently he was hiding inside the mouth of a toad similar to when he first entered the village only this one was swimming underwater.

What non-dying Akatsuki, Jiraiya's barrier actually managed to kill one or so it would seem.

Assertn
Fri, 12-07-2007, 07:29 PM
if confronting all these figures from his past was part of the prophecy, then there must still be something Jiraiya can accomplish to affect Pain in some way, even if it still results in Jiraiya's death.

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Not necessarily, his eventual death could just be the next part of the prophecy because it looks rather hopeless at this point.

Idealistic
Fri, 12-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Nooooooooooooooo!!!! Jiraiya!!! Damn it, I don't want him to die. :(

I hope next chapter we learn how those people Jiraiya have met have become a part of Nagato or whatever. Rin'e'gan's abilities are so wierd. :confused:

Rikudo
Fri, 12-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Next time Naruto meet Jiraiya. Jiraiya will be part of Pain.

"Long time lurker, first time poster"

Abdula
Fri, 12-07-2007, 11:29 PM
"Rikudo" It certainly didn't take long did it. I highly doubt Jiraiya will become one of Peins bodies. We still don't know whether the people he uses were alive or not and I doubt he would use Jiraiya, that would depend on how his jutsu works. The main reason I doubt it is because that would really be a disgrace to Jiraiya's character and what he stood for. That being said anything is possible but that would just be a slap in the face of Konoha and I don't think Pein is really that sadistic Kakuzu, Sasori and Orochimaru are the only people I think would do something like that and they are all dead.

dimitris127
Sat, 12-08-2007, 01:52 PM
if jiraiya becomes one of pein's body then he will be able to give naruto a 4-5 chapter beating before naruto makes up his mind and kills every and each one of him but that is far away...i want to see what power has sasuke gained and he is so sure about himself

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Sasuke's confindense has nothing to do with power he might have aqurried. he just hasn't been beaten up enough by his parents as a child, so he doesn't know his place.

domestic abuse jokes aside, Sasuke had a confidense break down only once, before the 'sasuke in a box' arc began (after getting saved by kakashi and takin' a beatin' from the sound quatro). every other fight, including when he met Itachi previously, he had the same annoying smirk on damn face

Rikudo
Sat, 12-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Didn't Sasuke have a confidence breakdown when he first encounter Orochimaru during the chuunin exam?

joker-kun
Sat, 12-08-2007, 06:00 PM
"Rikudo" It certainly didn't take long did it. I highly doubt Jiraiya will become one of Peins bodies. We still don't know whether the people he uses were alive or not and I doubt he would use Jiraiya, that would depend on how his jutsu works. The main reason I doubt it is because that would really be a disgrace to Jiraiya's character and what he stood for. That being said anything is possible but that would just be a slap in the face of Konoha and I don't think Pein is really that sadistic Kakuzu, Sasori and Orochimaru are the only people I think would do something like that and they are all dead.
Yes cause clearly he's not sadistic enough to do it to his own best friend when he was a child. Why would he do it to his sensei... I don't think it will happen either, but that's just poor reasoning.

And as for you disagreement with my comment; I forgot how ludacris it is that the main character of the show (whom the show is named after) will actually do something by the end of the series.

Abdula
Mon, 12-10-2007, 04:06 PM
We don't know the circumstances of Pein acquiring Yahiko's body, there is a possibility that it could still be Yahiko so there is absolutely nothing wrong with my reasoning.

And as far my disagreeing with your other statement there is a reason. Simply this unless Pein comes after Naruto, there isn't really going to be any confrontation between them and there really is no reason to say that Naruto will be the one to defeat Pein, it is a possibility but it might not happen. The reason I say this is because we still have no idea if Pein is going to turn out to be the main villain of the show, it could still be someone else at this point and him being the main villain doesn't mean Naruto is going to be the one to defeat him.

The main villain throughout the first half of the series was Oro and he ended up being defeated by Sasuke and to this point of all the Akatsuki members that have been defeated Naruto has only been responsible for one i.e. Kakuzu. So yeah it is possible that Naruto may be the one to defeat Pein but at this point, I don't see it happening and simply because Naruto is the main character doesn't mean he will be the one to defeat Pein.

Sasuke's confidence doesn't have anything to do with any power he has acquired. He has always been very confident as most ninjas are. I haven't really seen anything from Sasuke thus far that screams he will be able to defeat Itachi. Personally I think its way too soon for him to be attempting to do that, Itachi doesn't seem to be interested in fighting him anyway, this is just another test. I what to know what Itachi's motives are.

joker-kun
Mon, 12-10-2007, 04:28 PM
And as far my disagreeing with your other statement there is a reason. Simply this unless Pein comes after Naruto, there isn't really going to be any confrontation between them and there really is no reason to say that Naruto will be the one to defeat Pein, it is a possibility but it might not happen. The reason I say this is because we still have no idea if Pein is going to turn out to be the main villain of the show, it could still be someone else at this point and him being the main villain doesn't mean Naruto is going to be the one to defeat him.

The main villain throughout the first half of the series was Oro and he ended up being defeated by Sasuke and to this point of all the Akatsuki members that have been defeated Naruto has only been responsible for one i.e. Kakuzu. So yeah it is possible that Naruto may be the one to defeat Pein but at this point, I don't see it happening and simply because Naruto is the main character doesn't mean he will be the one to defeat Pein.

Naruto has the Kyuubi in him. I'm pretty sure that gives Pain reason enough to come after him. The reasoning I had for Naruto beating him is mainly because Naruto is now Jiraiya's student. Even more so than Nagato (whether Nagato is Pain or not). If Pain is Nagato (and even if he isn't) this gives Naruto reason enough to want to kill him. Pain being the real villain really doesn't matter. He could be a hobo in a garbage can; either way Naruto is going to be quite pissed that his master was killed (even if Naruto doesn't defeat him, he's still going to be angry.), so nothing was said about Pain being the main villain or not. It doesn't really matter if there's 50 main villains after him; Naruto will still want revenge even if he isn't the one who finally kills him. As for Naruto being responsible for only one killing; wouldn't that make it more of a reason that he's going to play a larger part as the series goes on? Or at least make that a possibility. The only reason I brought Naruto being the main character up is because you made it seem absurd that I would make such a speculation when there's many reason as to why this could happen.

In the end it's all speculation by everyone, so it really doesn't matter much whether you or I think it's going to happen, but I think you would foolish to believe there isn't a decent or reasonable chance of Naruto getting revenge for his master. Whether it happens or not is a different story.

Abdula
Mon, 12-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I have no idea why you would think that I don't think there is a chance of it happening because I was pretty clear that there is a high probability of it happening but that doesn't mean that it will. As for your point about the Kyuubi, I know he has the kyuubi in him and like I said there is no way he will even come into contact with Pein unless Pein comes after and even so that doesn't mean that he will be able to defeat Pein.

All I'm saying is that there is a chance that Naruto won't be the one to kill Pein and him being upset about Jiraiya's death, yeah so what? Fact is they have to wait for Pein to come to them. Whatever you don't seem to have understood what I said so it doesn't matter.

Btw, Naruto didn't kill Kakuzu, Kakashi did. Naruto only hit him with the rasengan which defeated him and left him helpless.

joker-kun
Mon, 12-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I have no idea why you would think that I don't think there is a chance of it happening because I was pretty clear that there is a high probability of it happening but that doesn't mean that it will. As for your point about the Kyuubi, I know he has the kyuubi in him and like I said there is no way he will even come into contact with Pein unless Pein comes after and even so that doesn't mean that he will be able to defeat Pein.

All I'm saying is that there is a chance that Naruto won't be the one to kill Pein and him being upset about Jiraiya's death, yeah so what? Fact is they have to wait for Pein to come to them. Whatever you don't seem to have understood what I said so it doesn't matter.

Btw, Naruto didn't kill Kakuzu, Kakashi did. Naruto only hit him with the rasengan which defeated him and left him helpless.
Now we're playing semantics? Sorry, Naruto was only responsible for one death. That's your own wording, so I don't see any disagreeing there.

My post was more or less explaining myself. Not so much you. I understand exacly what you're saying. Pretty much the simplified version would be:

There is a slim chance of Naruto even coming into contact with Pain. If and when he does there is no garuntee he will even be able or strong enough to kill him. Because of this there is a high possibility that someone else will kill him. Therefore; we cannot conducively say Naruto will kill Pain.

I both understand and agree with that. (Lets not get caught up in stipulations if there was a thing or two I missed.) I was simply explaining my reasoning behind why I think Naruto will be the one to do it. As I said above; it's all speculation anyway so obviously there's even more than a chance that Naruto won't be the one to do it. The only reason I quoted you in the first place was because you made it seem as if my deduction was outrageous.

I have to disagree with that entire statement.
Now I don't know if that was your intent, and it doesn't really matter. In all honesty I don't think it was, but I do think that perhaps you, and any one else deserved an explanation of what I meant in my first statement. Thus the reason I elaborated.

Abdula
Mon, 12-10-2007, 04:53 PM
No explanation was necessary. I understand what you meant and your reasoning behind your statement, I simply disagree with you that is all.

Assertn
Mon, 12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
The chance is more than slim of Naruto running into Pain...
Afterall, Tobi ordered Pain to hunt Naruto down.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 12-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I think that the most obvious question right now is, if Jiraya can't stop Pein, who of the good guys really can? I mean if Jiraya gets killed right now, who would be able to stop Pein from taking Naruto?

Wow that would be cool to see a bunch of the Konoha people fight Pein at once.

Abdula
Mon, 12-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I think that if Jiraiya does indeed die the safest thing to do would be for Tsunade to just keep Naruto in the village like the elders wanted her to do. It would be the safest place for Naruto and the only possible deterrent to Akatsuki. Not that him being in the village would stop them but it would give them more to think about.

dimitris127
Tue, 12-11-2007, 12:55 AM
and of course the easiest way to get konoha destroyed ...i don't think pein will stop just because naruto is inside konoha remeber garaa?

February
Tue, 12-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Maybe somewhere else besides Konoha...I think there would be too many casualties just because of hunting Naruto down. And I think Gaara was at a disadvantage because he was in his village, rather than the opposite. Because his effort was split from saving the village to defending himself rather than just focusing on the fight itself.

The number of strong ninjas on Konoha's side is just dying out...Tsunade, Kakashi, I can't even think of anymore...

KCMmmmm
Tue, 12-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Hmmm, still a previous chapter implied that Jiraiya had a choice to make, and we have yet to see the outcome of that choice. I have no doubt that Jiraiya is a goner, but I think he may have a few more lines in the next chapter before he is finished off. We may get some sort of explanation.

Also, in reference to the toad sage's claim that Jiraiya will "write a book," do you think that was referring to the adult novels he published? Or could it be a metaphor for something else? Maybe it's a suggestion that Jiraiya somehow "wrote" the fate of "Pain".

Just an idea.

Garhert
Tue, 12-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I think it could be that Nagato is still himself and not in the current fight. Maybe Pein is just a result of Nagato. So maybe there are 7 "Peins" and the leader is Nagato. The 6 Peins we saw are just hes tools.

KCMmmmm
Wed, 12-12-2007, 04:15 AM
I think it could be that Nagato is still himself and not in the current fight. Maybe Pein is just a result of Nagato. So maybe there are 7 "Peins" and the leader is Nagato. The 6 Peins we saw are just hes tools.

It's one possibility. However, even through our brief view of Nagato's personality, I don't think he's the type to become a bad guy. I think there's a higher possibility that Yahiko somehow took the Rin-Nigan. On the other hand, would Konan stand and fight next t a guy who betrayed his loyal friend? This backstory is too twisted and not yet detailed enough. We need more flashbacks.

I kinda want it to end faster though, since Sasuke is supposedly still standing there ready to fight Itachi.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-12-2007, 04:29 PM
One thing is for sure, the manga story is getting really good.

My money is on there being a no show with regards to the Itachi-Sasuke fight. There might be some emo shots from Sasuke whilst Itachi is explaining to him what really happened, but I don't think Itachi will go all out. Remember, him meeting Sasuke and baiting him all these years has to tie in with his activities with Akatsuki. I don't think these are unrelated, as Akatsuki is hardly a place you go just to kill time.

Abdula
Wed, 12-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree I really don't expect much from Sasuke and Itachi. It seems that Itachi may just have something he deems pertinent to tell Sasuke and with at the other developments in the story recently I don't think we are going to see an end to this now. All the subplots seem like they will tie together eventually.

KCMmmmm
Wed, 12-12-2007, 09:05 PM
The only thing that tops a fight is good story development anyway. I, too, hope Itachi has an ulterior motive that ties into everything, but if he doesn't, I expect a killer fight instead. Honestly, I don't think I can be disappointed, no matter what happens. Unless it's a lame fight, or stupid plot development, of course.

conquistaDan
Thu, 12-13-2007, 03:21 AM
I think it'd be cool if Jiraiya was taken over by Pein instead of killed.

Abdula
Thu, 12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
meh, it would be cool but I seriously hope it doesn't happen to Jiraiya but it seems Pein may need another body so anything could happen.

@KCMmmmm: When was the last time we saw a lame fight or stupid plot development in Naruto.