PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Chapter 302

Deadfire
Fri, 11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Bleach_302[MS] (http://www.proxydistro.com/Bleach_302[MS].zip)

Pride.what makes a Death God raise his sword?

Inazuma
Fri, 11-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Mayuri just die already. Ukitake(Or any other sexy captain, Kyouraku, Genryusai,...) should come, take his place and finish the figh already.

Lame ending btw #7

naruto_ninjagirl
Fri, 11-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Byakuya you completely ROCK!

Kensee
Sat, 12-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Wow, Byakuya pulled out something new. Even though it was short, it was sweet, and he's actually growing on me as a cool character.

Mayuri, I want to see what he's bringing to his fight. He's got all this weird stuff, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was semi- toying with the espada.

Kenpachi for last ?? NOOO!!

TheBladeChild
Sat, 12-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Wow Byakuya's fight was actually shorter then I thought it would be. I thought that espada would pull 1 more trick before he bought it. Anyway Mayuri losing already seems a little lame, im much more interested in Zaraki's fight and whether or not he will have to fight #4.

Abdula
Sat, 12-01-2007, 01:43 PM
This chapter was crap. #7 shouting accept my love and praise aizen-sama was ridiculous it didn't fit what I thought his personality was. Nothing interesting happened in this chapter.

Mayuri is losing he hasn't even gone bankai yet and that idiot scientist arrancar has already released. Mayuri likes to draw things out anyway but I pretty sure he is going to win, although I'm not interested in this battle at all now.

Again I'm just wanting this arc to be over and done with hopefully Zaraki's battle will be short and sweet but not likely because he likes to draw his battles out as well atleast until he thinks he has seen all of his opponent's power.

Wow, Byakuya pulled out something new. Even though it was short, it was sweet, and he's actually growing on me as a cool character.

Wow, he is just starting to grow on you as a cool character. Did anything he did before impress you? I liked him from the very first time I saw him when he slashed Ichigo and insulted about how slow he was when falling that was all it took. His personality was great from the very beginning and that confrontation he had with the other captains,(I can't remember who it was, I think it was Gin and Zaraki) when Ichigo and the others first entered SS just completely sold him to me and he has only gotten better since then.

Niner4959
Sat, 12-01-2007, 02:48 PM
What is the point to Zomari Le Roux's short lived appearance?
To be recognized on an equal level and feared is the same as love? (Espada and Captains)
As is,
To be recognized and fear that from a higher is the same as love? (Espada and Aizen)

Hate and love are the same to Zomari Le Roux but indifference is unbearable.
The Espada's definition of love is empty as compaired to,
Byakuya’s love is authentic, finally overcoming his duty imperative. Rukia his Pride!

Bleach’s ethic’s philosophy isn’t as refined as Naruto’s, but it is getting better and better.

Looks like Mayuri will have a chance to figure out Szayel Aporro’s trick.

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 12-01-2007, 03:10 PM
What is the point to Zomari Le Roux's short lived appearance?
To be recognized on an equal level and feared is the same as love? (Espada and Captains)
As is,
To be recognized and fear that from a higher is the same as love? (Espada and Aizen)

Hate and love are the same to Zomari Le Roux but indifference is unbearable.
The Espada's definition of love is empty as compaired to,
Byakuya’s love is authentic, finally overcoming his duty imperative. Rukia his Pride!

The purpose of Zomari was to just show there is a 7th espada, considering how much screentime the 6th espada took, and how powerful he was, there had to be a 7th to fight and kill.

As for his 'ACCEPT MY LOVE' crap. I thought he was referring to his 'Amor' move (spanish for love), and how Byakuya rejected that move with his kido.

Konohamaru
Sat, 12-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I have a love hate thing going with Byakuya, the first time I saw him, I thought, yep, theres the bad ass of the show...then he releases pink petals which put me off him. Yet somehow he does such cool things. Dammit man, why can't you have blood red petals instead of pink, lol.

As for Mayuri, he hasn't done bankai yet, I think he's toying about as someone mentioned. I think all the captains will win their battle. Be a nice twist if one of them lost though.

DDBen
Sat, 12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
The purpose of Zomari was to just show there is a 7th espada, considering how much screentime the 6th espada took, and how powerful he was, there had to be a 7th to fight and kill.

As for his 'ACCEPT MY LOVE' crap. I thought he was referring to his 'Amor' move (spanish for love), and how Byakuya rejected that move with his kido.

Actually because of how recently Octopus boy the #6 who took Grimjaws place was killed I would of been ok with no #7 currently existing.

That being said this chapter was basically pointless I don't see any reason to spend a chapter on a guy not dying just so he could find out he was totally helpless and die anyway.

Also I was quite disappointed in this guy being the 7th in general as he should have been nearly as strong as Grimjaw assuming he wasn't the 8th and they shifted everyone around for the above mentioned reasons. Byakuya should be a little less powerful then Ichigo as a whole being Ichigo basically had to use Viazard mode to beat him the first time around so overall its at least acceptable that he can own a espada like that and it was certainly nice to see a captain just own someone for once instead of the constant struggle they have in every battle.

Abdula
Sat, 12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
@Niner4959, DeathscytheVII, Konohamaru, DDBen

Agreed, but Ichigo was always very powerful that isn't the the difference between him and Byakuya the differnce is skill and experience that is what makes Byakuya so strong.

Konohamaru
Sun, 12-02-2007, 02:35 PM
@Niner4959, DeathscytheVII, Konohamaru, DDBen

Agreed, but Ichigo was always very powerful that isn't the the difference between him and Byakuya the differnce is skill and experience that is what makes Byakuya so strong.

And yet byakuya lost to Ichigo in their lil fight. In theory, byakuya should trampled him.

darkshadow
Sun, 12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
lol byakuya lost? hahaha, you mustve had shit in your eyes or something xD.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 12-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Personally, I dont think this fight between Byakuya and #7 has much to do with power levels. Zomari may have high power, but the simple case here is that he was matched up with an opponent that was the worst possible one for his fighting style. if he had fought, say Mayuri or Ichigo, they may have problems with him due to his special ability to control any object, which their zanpaktou cannot counter. Either SS had more intel on the espada than we thought when it came to having byakuya fight 7, or it was pure plot forwarding device by the author.

I think this fight is a great example of how in bleach, power isn't everything, its also fighting style and matching them up with opponents. Of course, I also admit Byakuya is a powerhouse. He technically beat Ichigo if it weren't for the hollow one saving his butt.

Abdula
Sun, 12-02-2007, 10:01 PM
I think this fight is a great example of how in bleach, power isn't everything, its also fighting style and matching them up with opponents.

I like that about Bleach now, in the beginning it was a lot like DBZ with the one with the highest power level winning everything. After SS the way the battle were done changed and thats a good thing its a bit more Naruto-esque now.

And yet byakuya lost to Ichigo in their lil fight. In theory, byakuya should trampled him.

How in the hell did Byakuay lose to Ichigo. I remember him whopping Ichigo ass and the only time he had any trouble was when Ichigo went hollow on him. Byakuya only stopped fighting because Ichigo broke his sword. How many times did that happen to Ichigo, huh?

If I remember this correctly Byakuya walked away from that battle with minimal injuries and Ichigo's body was beaten to the point where he couldn't even control it anymore which is why the hollow took over in the first place. If I slash you to pieces and then you break my sword so I walk away and then you pass out, then you tell me who won. Byakuya could have and should have killed Ichigo he didn't because he realized that Ichigo wasn't his enemy as he put it.

Anyway this is an anime/manga we are talking about, 9 times out of 10 the protagonist will win a battle simply because he is the protagonist, even when everything else suggests that he should lose horribly.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Apparently the post I wrote either disappeared or never actually got posted, anyway Byakuya has always been my show in for least likely to be defeated Captain. He's just got too much talent. Characters like Ichigo and Zaraki rely on just strength and experience to do battle and that's all good, but Byakua has all that plus he literally has 'mad skills. No matter how much power you have if your opponent has the proper skills to counter or avoid your power attacks you will lose. Byakuya seems to never lack for an effective kidou to turn the tide of a situation in his favor (magic is so convenient isn't it...).

As to the comments about Byakuya vs Ichigo, you can make a case that Byakuya 'lost' since he chose to stop fighting, but Byakuya demonstrated he was the superior fighter when he pinned Ichigo's foot with one of the Kageyoshi blades and shot lightening through his shoulder. If that had been Ichigo's head instead....

EDIT Spelling = Fail

Death BOO Z
Mon, 12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
"why won't you love me, Bakuya-same!?" clasic.
since when is bakuya so profficent with Kidou? when Aizen did a 90lvl spell on the wererat captain, he said that it pracitcally fails without proper incaniation... but bakuya skips the spell chanting and it works so good,,, when did that happen?

I'm still waiting to hear an hollow say "redemption" or "salivation".

Abdula
Mon, 12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
That just shows you how talented Byakuya is with kIdou. The fact that Aizen is unable to properly use kidou without and incantation yet Byakuya does it all the time shows how just how talented he is. I don't remember Aizen using magic on Komamura though, and he is not a wererat.Lol.

Byakuya has been proficient with magic since the very beginning.

Inazuma
Mon, 12-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Or maybe Tite watched too many 1960' hollywood movies where the black guy dies early in a meaningless way.

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I have a love hate thing going with Byakuya, the first time I saw him, I thought, yep, theres the bad ass of the show...then he releases pink petals which put me off him. Yet somehow he does such cool things. Dammit man, why can't you have blood red petals instead of pink, lol.

As for Mayuri, he hasn't done bankai yet, I think he's toying about as someone mentioned. I think all the captains will win their battle. Be a nice twist if one of them lost though.

The whole point behind the pink petals is the 'SAKURA' on his attack. Sakura are naturally pink...

Blood Red Sakura petals, I believe, have only been shown in anime (dunno about real life) when a corpse is buried under a Cherry Blossom (Sakura) and the tree absorbs the blood of its victim. This happened on Tokyo Babylon / X (from CLAMP) when Seishirou SAKURAzuka, the SAKURAzukamori killed his victims. And even he was shown besides pink petals...

The thing here is not the color... remember Sakura trees are really common (and famous) in Japan. And its most revered version is the pink one. Japanese have a full holiday to watch them bloom.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Aizen used Blast Spell #90 Black Coffin on Komamura back in c176. He mentions that since he didn't use the incantation it was less than a third as effective as it could have been (though it still completely devastated Komamura) and that it's harder to control level 90+ spells.

It's been fairly strongly hinted now that Level 90+ blast spells are in a whole other league from the rest in terms of both complexity and power, first by Gin's surprised reaction to Aizen being able to use #90 at all without the incantation and more recently by Byakuya's statement that Binding Art #81 starts losing effectiveness against Blast Spells above 90.

Now that I think about it Zommari's power seems more like a Binding Spell than a Destructive Spell, but maybe Binding Spell 81 just blocks Kidou energy in general unless it's above 90 level...Anyway, I wouldn't judge Byakuya better than Aizen at Kidou until I've seen him at least do a level 90+ Hadou even with the incantation. We've seen Byakuya toss out plenty of lower level Kidou with no incantation or but we've only seen Aizen botch a single high level spell so powerful that 'botching' it took out a Captain.

Abdula
Tue, 12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Well Aizen did say that he mastered all aspects of shinigami power. That is why he started experimenting on hollows in the first place because after he mastered being a shinigami he stopped growing so learning hollow abilities was the next logical step.

animus
Tue, 12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
I kinda thought Byakuya lucked out when he used the Kidou #81, when he said he had a feeling the Arrancar's ability was related to a Kidou.

Abdula
Tue, 12-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Like One green suit wearing, weird posing ninja once said "Luck is a part of strength" just ask Ichigo.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Well Aizen did say that he mastered all aspects of shinigami power.

Yeah, I can't understand that either, Aizen should have perfected casting Level 90+ spells with no incantation before he decided he'd reached the pinnacle of Shinigami power. I'd chock it up to either his massive arrogance talking for him or that he's come to the conclusion that spells that powerful simply can't be utilized at peak effectiveness without the chant.

Abdula
Tue, 12-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah I would think that spells that powerful can't be used effectively without chants or that would just defeat the whole purpose of the chants. Aizen is way too good for your other option to even be an option. Aizen is not more arrogant than Byakuya or most of the other captains.

Inazuma
Tue, 12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Aizen could be just an average tough captain acting big and being utterly arrogant. (Thus making him look like the best enemy out there).
The only facts we know is that he is sneaky, smart, determinated and can talk big. (He used 90Class spell and downed an other captain ... Yeah remember that the fox dude was up against Zaraki earlier on and had to go bankai.)

I think, that when it'll come to combat. Ukitake would be able to match Aizen strengh, and when it comes to defeat him (one on one) Kenpachi, Shunsui or Genryusai would do. (Yeah Ichigo too, because he's sorta the main char ...)

And I would Like Yuki and Abdula opinions; Tessai (You know him ... Sandal'n hat's helper at the store.) used Bakudo99 without breaking a sweat. Then took Ichigo transformation's reiatsu blast head on without even being scratched while the vizards had to shield themselves behind some gigantic barrier.

If Tessai had to face Aizen in a pure Kido Vs Kido battle, who would win ?

Yukimura
Tue, 12-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Bakudou 99 is a binding art but it's still kidoh, so I assume the numbers mean the same thing, higher number = higher complecity. My theory is that Tessai is also a former Shinigami and he specialized in Binding Arts, but we've only seen Tessai cast one spell so there's no way to really know if he's good at anything else or if his entire skill set is just Bakudou #99 . We've also only seen Aizen cast a single spell and it was commented that that spell was very complex and was obviously very destructive and yet it wasn't completed due to his haste.

As to the taking of the blast, HIchigo has grew in power as Ichigo grew in power, when he regained his powers he didn't even have a shikai, and when the Vaizards were with him he was captain level, it's hard to try and compare the two.

With the lack of information I would say Aizen would wipe the floor with Tessai based mainly on story status. Maybe Aizen would have to work at it but what kind of villain would Aizen be if he could be beaten by some random side character. But I don't really like engaging in hypotheticals where you deny aspects of a character, it's like saying who would win between two people if you cut one of their hands off. It's pointless to stage a fight where neither fighter is using all the skills at their disposal unless it's done like Zaropolla where his skill is the denial of other peoples skills (it's gay, but it's not as pointless because that's just how he fights).

Abdula
Wed, 12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't think Yukimura left me with anything else to say. Its just hard to say who could win a battle when you don't know anything about the people involved. I will say however that based on Aizen's status and how difficult a time Ichigo had fighting Grimmjow and yet Tosen cut his arm of so easily, that Aizen and his captains are in leaps and bounds far stronger than any of the arrancar therefore they should be able to defeat anyone else.

Tessai never seemed to me at least, like he specialized in combat so I don't think he would stand a chance against any captain class opponents.

My theory is that Tessai is also a former Shinigami and he specialized in Binding Arts

Its interesting that you mentioned that because seeing that Urahara and Yoruichi are originally from SS, its safe to assume that everyone else there is from SS aswell.
I don't think that anyone in that shop is human.

naruto_ninjagirl
Wed, 12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
what ever happened to Ulquiorra? shouldn't the spell have worn off by now?

Abdula
Wed, 12-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Yes. I mentioned that awhile ago and everyone seems to agree that not enough time has past. I think that between Ichigo fighting Grimmjow, that whole business with the other arrancars , Nel's battle and the people from SS showing up that enough time should've passed because it didn't appear that Grimmjow thought it would hold him for long.

Anyway there is no way the judge the passage of time in a manga so it really doesn't matter. Maybe he will finally break out when all the fighting is over and then there will be a new enemy to fight. I certainly hope not because I want this arc to be over already, but it would be nice the see him back he is my favorite arrancar after all.