PDA

View Full Version : The Un-official Christmas List Thread

itadakimasu
Thu, 11-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok.... whats on your christmas list?

I have so much stuff right now... so mine is pretty brief :

8 or 16gb flash drive
Naruto Manga Collection (the 27 volume collectors one)
maybe a new motherboard... idk

Abdula
Thu, 11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Genocide somewhere other than a third world country or maybe nuclear proliferation.
I have nothing to contribute to this thread. As long as the few people I care about are happy I'm good but a couple hundred thousand dollars couldn't hurt.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Didn't we just have this thread, like, last month?

Abdula
Thu, 11-29-2007, 05:20 PM
You mean this thread:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14108&page=4

Deadfire
Thu, 11-29-2007, 09:59 PM
I remember it well...

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Holy Hell... Deadfire!

bbaucom:
I bought that collectors set... from Amazon... and had to ask for a replacement since the box arrived cracked, and the acrilic/glass, whatever it was, was cracked as well.

Phoenix20578
Fri, 11-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Hmmm.... lets see....

*Bioshock
-or-
*Gamestop Gist card for 100+
*Asus Dual Core Motherboard
*4 250 SATA Harddrives 7200rpm at least

and the most important thing....

*My scarf from KitKat ^_^

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2007, 10:17 AM
*My scarf from KitKat ^_^

Ah... I was thinking I don't have anything special to look forward to as such, but now that you mentioned the scarf, it would certainly be nice. Though quite unreasonable; KitKat sounds busy indeed these days.

Phoenix20578
Fri, 11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Oh, ye of little faith. The power of KitKat compels thee! lol

Anyway, I believe that KitKat will come through, and she'll be playing DDR while knitting lol.

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh, ye of little faith. The power of KitKat compels thee! lol

Nah, it's not that. I just hope she won't burn herself out just before the Christmas. I'm sure she'll have plenty of things to do in any case.

KitKat
Fri, 11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
*grins* Holidays are prime knitting time! School has been insane enough that knitting has been put on hold temporarily (this week I pulled my first all-nighter since undergrad) but I finish my exams pretty early, and hopefully I'll get two or three more knitting requests finished over the break. And Phoenix....I can't start your scarf without a pattern you know......

Phoenix20578
Fri, 11-30-2007, 03:40 PM
And Phoenix....I can't start your scarf without a pattern you know......

Heh heh, Im working on it. I'll send something by tomorrow. I had my first onslaught of exams this week.

masamuneehs
Sat, 12-01-2007, 04:29 AM
Masa's 2007 Xmas List (not necessarily in order of importance):

1. Two new, inexpensive, and hopefully diaper durable suits... or at least suit ensembles...
2. Several new ties for the children to pull on
3. Socks
4. At least one more pair of nice shoes... hopefully somewhat comfy...
5. Condoms
6. A good electronic razor blade, or a normal style razor and several extra 'throw-away' blade heads.
7. Root Beer
8. Tiny containers to organize stuff in (most of what i went off to college with is no more)
9. One good new book

... It's a long one this year, and I'll probably be opening a few packages wrapped by me, bought by me, as I really need some of those clothing items.

"So a 6 foot tall half black guy walks into a tailor's in Japan and..." sounds like the setup of a bad race joke...

Animeniax
Sat, 12-01-2007, 07:23 AM
My Christmas wish list is a lot less commercial than most:

1) Humankind to achieve higher levels of understanding and acceptance with each other and the universe
2) Humankind to stop being so lazy and stupid
3) Humankind to make positive changes for the future of our planet and species (and other species affected by our filthy ways)

Once again though, I'm sure I'll be disappointed and not receive any of these items from my wish list. Therefore, I'll also accept a DSLR camera, FMIC for my STi, and desktop replacement laptop that weighs less than 7lbs.

Abdula
Sat, 12-01-2007, 12:11 PM
My Christmas wish list is a lot less commercial than most:

1) Humankind to achieve higher levels of understanding and acceptance with each other and the universe
2) Humankind to stop being so lazy and stupid
3) Humankind to make positive changes for the future of our planet and species (and other species affected by our filthy ways)

Are you serious? That seems a bit idealistic for someone like you to even be joking about.

What I want is enlightenment.

Animeniax
Sat, 12-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Are you serious? That seems a bit idealistic for someone like you to even be joking about.

What I want is enlightenment.
Actually these are central tenets of my existence, but since people fail so badly, I go into bash mode pretty easily these days. Like I said, I'll accept the DSLR, FMIC, and laptop.

XanBcoo
Sun, 12-02-2007, 03:55 AM
At first glance, your first and second wishes seem to be contradictory.

That's assuming you honestly believe everyone else in the world is not as intelligent as you are.

Animeniax
Sun, 12-02-2007, 06:57 AM
I'd say 95% aren't.

I don't think 1 and 2 are contradictory, though some would say they are mutually exclusive. I prefer to think that one leads to the other, or is the product of the other.

XanBcoo
Sun, 12-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I'd say 95% aren't.
Goddamn, there's a lot of stupid bastards walking around... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oboyox3L_MI&feature=related)

I prefer to think that one leads to the other, or is the product of the other.
There's truth in that, but there's a lot more contention in assuming that everyone else's way of life is inferior to your own. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think the assumption you make in point 2 would hinder development in point number 1.

Then again, stupid people...

Abdula
Sun, 12-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Actually I think that 2 and 3 would be the product of one or 3 and 1 would be the product of 2 ,either way its equally implausible. Utopian societies are inherently flawed, the concept itself is impractical.

Animeniax
Sun, 12-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Shit man, I don't want a utopia, just to take a few steps away from the shit-filled chasm that humanity is currently skirting. That's not asking too much for Christmas is it? Then get me that DSLR camera.

Abdula
Sun, 12-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Lol, you're on your own if you want the camera, I'm looking to get one myself. Did you say skirting I thought we straight up dove in centuries ago. Genocide, Slavery, The crusades and the Holocaust were just residual ripples from the waves created from the belly flop.

Board of Command
Sun, 12-02-2007, 11:49 PM
The only thing I have on my list right now is the Samsung 226BW or Dell E228WFP. Hopefully one of these will be on sale for around $250 or less.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Then I think you missed out BoC. When I went to Best Buy on Black Friday, they were on sale at $200 a piece. My friend bought 2 of them right then and there.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 12-12-2007, 10:22 PM
heres what I want:

1)peace of mind
2)good things to happen to myself, my friends, and family