PDA

View Full Version : Problems with subtitles overlapping

Tekkaman_Eis
Sun, 11-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Seems to happen with any video that has soft subs, but a good recent example would be Gundam 00, the episodes in .mkv have spots where the different subtitles overlap on each other and making it so I can't read any of it. How can I fix this issue? I mostly use VLC player though I tried TCMP but that wouldn't play the file at all because of some embedded trutype fonts, err...just got the video to play in it now, but no go for the subtitles. Any suggestions on the overlapping issue?

itadakimasu
Mon, 11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
I have found K-Lite full codec pack with media player classic to be the solution to alot of problems I used to have with different media files.

If there are more than one sub-title it should give you the ability to simply enable or disable them.

David75
Mon, 11-26-2007, 04:08 PM
The overlap is cause by the selection of subtitles in your player and in filters.

If icons for ffdsho vosub, haali, or other filters are present in the notification bar when playing a file, verify hide subtitles is checked. and then use the option of your player to enable/disable them on the fly.

Kraco
Mon, 11-26-2007, 05:19 PM
That shouldn't affect VLC, because it uses its own splitters and filters and decoders.

But since VLC is a broken thing to begin with, barely held together by chewing gum and duct tape, I suppose it hardly matters.

Psyke
Tue, 11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Hmm, I'm using VLC too, but I think its performance depends greatly on your computer. My current laptop's pretty old, so I'm actually facing the same problem as the thread starter with high resolution encodes, such as Ghost Hound from Genjo.