PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Chapter 301

Yukimura
Sat, 11-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Bleach 301 - [MS] (http://s02.mangashare.com/releases/Bleach_301%5BMS%5D.zip)

Byakuya Owns...

animus
Sat, 11-24-2007, 02:37 AM
He does, but he really didn't show anything new. Oh well atleast we have some self-mutilating emo action.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
well, so #7 can also control objects, and not just people. couldn't he just take control of the sword in the first place, and unarm Byakuya?

I wonder if it's really the end, and if so, then why did they have to show Hanatarou? he was pointless.

TwisT
Sat, 11-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Probably because Hanatarou is gonna come and heal Rukia and Byakuya. That would make him useful.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Rukia just sliced through him, he ain't doing any healin' antime soon.

joker-kun
Sat, 11-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I didn't catch what the binding art or whatever did? How did he stop Rukia from cutting off her head?

And yeah Byakuya owned. Not like it was unexpected.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM
from what i understood. Byakuya dropped his sword, tricking #7 to think he's given up, and in that moment he uses a binding spell on rukia (no chanting for a 60 lvl spell, means he's got some mad magic skills) to stop her from killing herself (he previously verifies that the dominnation skill comes from inside the person and not manipulating it from outside).
flashy thing, is that he does all the spell casting in the mini-seconds between he lets go of the sword and catches it again (still at the same height).

then he dropps it again to initate his attack.

Edit: fixed some things, to make post more clear

naruto_ninjagirl
Sat, 11-24-2007, 09:11 PM
So... as soon as #7 "died" the spell on rukia would have worn off?
plus what was that spell Byakuya used on rukia?

Viscero
Sat, 11-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I have a strange feeling #7 isn't dead yet because these damn espada always seem to have some trick up their sleeves... but I hope he is because he has some boring abilities. I can't wait to see Zaraki fight Noitora. Also the two doctors seems like it could be interesting.

TwisT
Sun, 11-25-2007, 12:07 AM
So... as soon as #7 "died" the spell on rukia would have worn off?
plus what was that spell Byakuya used on rukia?

It's the same spell he used on Renji when they fought in SS. Binding Spell #61: Six Light Rod Prison. Recheck Bleach 52-53 (anime episodes, not manga chapters) for a reminder.

joker-kun
Sun, 11-25-2007, 02:53 AM
I have a strange feeling #7 isn't dead yet because these damn espada always seem to have some trick up their sleeves... but I hope he is because he has some boring abilities. I can't wait to see Zaraki fight Noitora. Also the two doctors seems like it could be interesting.

#7 was useless and unimportant just like #10. He is dead I think. If Byakuya had trouble with him then they'd be fucked for the higher ups. With the power jumps of #6 to #4 I think most of the captains are no match for 4-1 let alone Aizen and Gin (and the blind dude). Remember Rukia killed #10 pretty easy, and there was no trick up his sleeve there.

Oh, and yeah I can't wait for Zaraki's fight either.

Inazuma
Sun, 11-25-2007, 02:14 PM
You can have all the tricks in the world, or even be God or Chuck Norris, you can't stand up against Zaraki.

Next chapter : Pwnage

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Mon, 11-26-2007, 09:27 PM
You can have all the tricks in the world, or even be God or Chuck Norris, you can't stand up against Zaraki.

Next chapter : Pwnage

Agreed. I hope Kenpachi shows some new moves in the next fight. Either way its gonna be awesome. Also Byakuya kicked some major ass with this fight even though it ended so easily. He probably pissed that he had to use his bankai againts such an "unworthy" opponent.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Remember Rukia killed #10 pretty easy, and there was no trick up his sleeve there.

I wouldn't call getting impaled and teetering on the verge of death an easy victory. The only reason she won was because she was able to get in close and stab him in the face since he was too proud to finish her off properly. One thing Bleach has done a pretty decent job of is showcasing the difference between sheer power and stuff like experience/technique/heart/will to win/etc... Rukia took the fight seriously the whole time and gave it her all, but #9 just toyed around with her and took for granted that she couldn't beat him. No matter how strong someone is, if they let their opponent inside their guard while they still have fight left in them they run the risk of getting owned, which is how Rukia won. It doesn't mean she was stronger than him, just that he was too stupid to effectively utilize his power.

As to number 7, it would be somewhat anti-climactic and weird if he was defeated by just Byakuya's bankai cloud of death. Renji was hit by the same attack but still able to move a little bit afterwards. If #7 is taken out completely by it it would imply that his physical resistance was less than Renji's during SS. I would hope the 7th Espada would be tougher than that, especially considering that all the Arrancar are supposed to be super hardy against direct attacks b/c of Hierro (Steel Skin).

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Tue, 11-27-2007, 02:40 AM
As to number 7, it would be somewhat anti-climactic and weird if he was defeated by just Byakuya's bankai cloud of death. Renji was hit by the same attack but still able to move a little bit afterwards. If #7 is taken out completely by it it would imply that his physical resistance was less than Renji's during SS. I would hope the 7th Espada would be tougher than that, especially considering that all the Arrancar are supposed to be super hardy against direct attacks b/c of Hierro (Steel Skin).

I thought Hierro was an ability unique to Yami not an ability that all Arrancar have.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 11-27-2007, 04:56 AM

As much as I want to see Zaraki fight, im more interested in Unohana's fight. Im really curious as to what her fighting abilities are.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
@mr3vi1m0nk3y: In chapter 203 Edorad mentions that Iero (english translation) is an innate ability of Arrancar.

With the way Arrancar tend to block physical attacks with their bare hands a lot It seems pretty clear that they are tougher than most Shinigami. I suppose it works similar to Zaraki's High spirit energy shield but maybe it's just naturally hard skin.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Tue, 11-27-2007, 04:04 PM
@mr3vi1m0nk3y: In chapter 203 Edorad mentions that Iero (english translation) is an innate ability of Arrancar.

With the way Arrancar tend to block physical attacks with their bare hands a lot It seems pretty clear that they are tougher than most Shinigami. I suppose it works similar to Zaraki's High spirit energy shield but maybe it's just naturally hard skin.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Though even with that ability I still think #7 is done for. Byakuya isn't the type to end a fight without knowing for sure if the enemy is dead or not. With the way he acted at the end #7 is probably dead.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Byakuya strikes me as exactly the type to assume his attack has finished his opponent.
With Renji first it was him blocking the flashstep backstab, then avoiding senbonzakura, then getting up after being hit with Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, with Ichigo was basically the whole fight. Byakuya almost always assumes his most recent attack has finished his opponent and he can ignore them and talk trash, but then they get up he gets a surprised look on his face, steps his game up and tries again. Now he is still badass and worthy of talking trash, but so often in the past his arrogance has lead him to think a fight was over and he could talk trash after stepping up his game a notch. I'd like to believe his base level game has stepped up more, but that past points towards another 'omg you're not dead?' moment in the next few chapters.

Abdula
Tue, 11-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I doubt that he would be killed so easily because that attitude he has suggest that he is much stronger than he appears besides it seems to be a theme with the arrancar. Anyway I want him to be dead because if he isn't that would make Byakuya look really bad, which is an offense punishable by death, and if this fight is over then we only have about 3 more to see and then they can get the hell out of there and this arc can be over with.

Question: Does anyone have any idea how much time has passed since Grimmjow sealed Ulquiorra because I seem to remember him saying that it wouldn't take very long for him to break out. Although the passage of time is not something you can really judge in an anime or manga, you would think that he would have gotten out by now or atleast he will be out soon.

DeathscytheVII
Tue, 11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Question: Does anyone have any idea how much time has passed since Grimmjow sealed Ulquiorra because I seem to remember him saying that it wouldn't take very long for him to break out. Although the passage of time is not something you can really judge in an anime or manga, you would think that he would have gotten out by now or atleast he will be out soon.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Seconded, I doubt more than 30 min tops have passed since he was sealed, but Tite could say Grimmjow underestimated Ulquiorra's ability and thus bring him back anytime. Hopefully that won't happen though.

animus
Wed, 11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
I thought Unohana wasn't fighting. All that was there were all those Zako Vulture's that pick apart dead bodies and stuff right? And they fled. I'm pretty sure there was only 3 captain fights, Mayumi(?) the freaky scientist/doctor captain, Byakuya, and Kenpachi's.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 11-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Oh crap your right. Just looked back a couple of chapters. Well I can at least hope that Unohana will have to fight sometime in this arc.

Abdula
Thu, 11-29-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't think she will she stated pretty clearly that she has no intention to. We've seen her bankai in the past and it doesn't seem to have any offensive capabilities, which is very reflective of her personality so while she may or may not be capable of inflicting major damage to an opponent I don't think she will get involved in any fights. As we've seen in the past she tries to avoid confrontation and battles as much as possible.

Not only that but they are in enemy territory and there are already on a rescue mission, so her purpose is to heal the injured and escape with them as quickly as possible. That being said she won't engage any enemies because she herself might get injured and although Orihime is there they are under the impression that she is there voluntarily so they won't be relying on her.