PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 149

rgrintz
Wed, 11-21-2007, 10:08 PM
It's out by DB:

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b149.torrent

Yukimura
Wed, 11-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Pros: Character proportions and relative powers seemed more in sync than previous episode, filler arc was short and pretty well integrated.

Cons: Promises were made in a filler arc.

DDBen
Thu, 11-22-2007, 04:31 AM
Wait what relative powers more in sync to what?

Rukia 1 hit killed not one but 2 adjuchas including the one that was apparently the most powerful in the area. On the other hand Ichigo hits one dead on and just leaves a large scratch on the thing what power level are we talking here? Not only that but Renji is going Bankai on Gillian despite everyone already 1 hit killing them left and right without even releasing swords. Yes he killed or attacked a bunch at once but if Rukia who is certainly less powerful then Renji can 1 hit and adjuchas why on earth would he need to go past his basic release for any reason on Gillian not even being controlled.

These fillers offended me more then anything else. They were atleast short and the new Character had some merit plus they atleast ended with them arriving at Los Nochos so I can't complain to much about them.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-22-2007, 07:22 AM
To be fair, Ichigo wasn't even using a fraction of his power. He wasn't Bankai or Vizard form.

But no, another promising filler arc made irrelevant by its shortness. No time for any tension to develop and the badguys were all giant pussies.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 11-22-2007, 09:15 AM
In this part of the series, how cán the filler enemies be anything but pussies? Since Ichigo etc. should be kinda on par with Espada, it's weird to introduce an enemy that is as strong as an espada.

This filler arc didn't annoy me or anything, it was well done IMO. I prefer story progression, so I don't mind them wrapping this up. I don't know hów close it currently is to the manga, so I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
They can always make a filler with some other captains that fight arrancar or something on earth. As long as it isn't another cooking ep, I'm fine with it.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 11-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Though Bankais can differ in powers, it's also about what kind of Zanpakuto their using.
Seeing as Renji has a primate for a Zanpakuto it's more likely for him to actually fight. Without much grace to add to that.
Rukia has somekind of Ice thingy going on as Bankai, wich is obviously more effective and requires less fighting, thus making it look she's is more powerfull. Rukia might be weak in overall but has a badass Bankai while Renji is strong but has an Ape(?) and a Snake(?) as his Bankai(?). :confused: :rolleyes:

DDBen is right about Ichigo though, I mean, even if he is fighting low levvel, one blast should kill any of those Hollows. I mean it's Ichigo! The guy with the limitless Spirit Power and the gay orange hair!

Kraco
Thu, 11-22-2007, 10:50 AM
How do you know what kind of bankai Rukia has? I haven't read the manga, but honestly I'd be surprised if her (future) bankai is revealed even there. She's not captain level yet. I guess it would be possible she could achieve bankai already because she's as old as Renji, but Renji as always seemed more pressured and power hungry (ambitious) than Rukia, thus making quicker progress of larger steps possible.

The after credits part of this episode was bloody funny. Far better than the episode itself. While this filler arc didn't actually bother me at all, I'm not sorry it ended already, considering it seemed to be going down.

Aeon
Thu, 11-22-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm actually sad it ended, this arc to me was terrible (minus Grimmjaw owning Ichigo) until the filler started and Ashido showed up all badass.

redcat
Thu, 11-22-2007, 01:37 PM
so... when Rukia froze the 2nd guy his arm magically reappeared.. fantastic.

FullMetalAlchemist
Thu, 11-22-2007, 01:49 PM
In this part of the series, how cán the filler enemies be anything but pussies? Since Ichigo etc. should be kinda on par with Espada, it's weird to introduce an enemy that is as strong as an espada.

This filler arc didn't annoy me or anything, it was well done IMO. I prefer story progression, so I don't mind them wrapping this up. I don't know hów close it currently is to the manga, so I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
They can always make a filler with some other captains that fight arrancar or something on earth. As long as it isn't another cooking ep, I'm fine with it.

sadly the anime and the manga are on the same arc so more then likely more fillers on the way, I dont like the fact that rukia is owning these menos-adjucas with one hit. And making a promise to go and save a filler character later is retarded, i guess that will be apart of the fillers in the future sadly.

The hollow seemed weaker then then some of the ones we've seen in the early days of the show lol, at least have the hybrid hollows kinda like grand fisher that aizen created so that they would have had some sort of interesting power atleast. All the one in this filler arc did was call menos grande's >.<.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-22-2007, 02:28 PM
That's why I wish this arc hadn't ended so soon. The manga is still on the same arc.

And the setup for this arc was good enough that it could have been made into another Bounto style arc and I wouldn't have complained.

What was needed, though, was, again, a foil like in the Bounto arc. In the beginning of the Bounto arc, all the power Ichigo gained in SS kinda went away back in the real world, and Ichigo had to relearn how to access that power in the real world.

They could have done the same thing in Hueco Mundo. Make the entire dimensions spirit pressure oppressive to soul reapers. Then over the course of this arc Ichigo could learn to overcome that limitation, and then afterwards the arc could progress normally.

Darknodin
Thu, 11-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Rukia 1 hit killed an Arrancar... which was originally a Vasto Lorde. i was kind of expecting Adjuchas to die pretty easily.

i actually enjoyed this whole arc. Made HM darker than it would have been otherwise i think.

DDBen
Thu, 11-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Rukia 1 hit killed an Arrancar... which was originally a Vasto Lorde. i was kind of expecting Adjuchas to die pretty easily.

i actually enjoyed this whole arc. Made HM darker than it would have been otherwise i think.

Thats absolutely incorrect. That guy was a failure and in no way Vasto Lorde and more then likely not even a adjuchas to begin with. Its been stated if Aizen has 10 Vasto Lorde Level Arrancar he would massacre soul society so its impossible that anyone outside of the Espada is a Vasto Lorde and relatively impossible even the majority of the Espada were made from Vasto Lorde's to begin with. In fact we know the 6th-10h Espada are beatable as the 10th Captain almost killed the 6th one aka the guy who took Grim Jows place. As such its very reasonable to believe none of those were from Vasto Lorde's.

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 11-22-2007, 10:02 PM
D-roy was a gillian, not even an adjucha. i see nothing wrong with Rukia being able to one hit an adjuchas with her shikai release either. She is powerful enough to be a seated officer, ones that are authorized to do the more dangerous assignments soul society has. If it wasn't for Byakuya, its possible she could have been a lieutenant. Because, Aizen probably choose the bottom rung Adjuchas to guard this forest.

Renji used his bankai not because the gillian were powerful, he just needed to kill as many of them as fast as possible.

dimitris127
Fri, 11-23-2007, 01:12 PM
That's why I wish this arc hadn't ended so soon. The manga is still on the same arc.

And the setup for this arc was good enough that it could have been made into another Bounto style arc and I wouldn't have complained.

What was needed, though, was, again, a foil like in the Bounto arc. In the beginning of the Bounto arc, all the power Ichigo gained in SS kinda went away back in the real world, and Ichigo had to relearn how to access that power in the real world.

They could have done the same thing in Hueco Mundo. Make the entire dimensions spirit pressure oppressive to soul reapers. Then over the course of this arc Ichigo could learn to overcome that limitation, and then afterwards the arc could progress normally.

i don't think that ichigo can be effected by anything in hueco mondo that wouldn't effect the hollows as well...i mean he has a hollow inside him been in SS a few times and have gone through various captains who at the time had more spiritual pressure than him

conquistaDan
Sat, 11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Starting watching episodes again.

Question. After episode 63, I heard it gets really boring after they leave the soul society. Is that true or is that personal reference? Should I keep watching or should I get out of the series? I liked 40-63. So I don't think I can do without the captains in the soul society theres just too many cool things they can do. I don't know. If I'm too obsessed with them let me know. But I just think Ichigo being in the real world is boring after the soul society arc with all of the captains.

let me know

ForteCross
Sat, 11-24-2007, 07:40 PM
i havent seen the bounto arc so i would not know... but i am sorry that this filler ended fast... i mean, i was expecting ashido to atleast come with them... i still wanna see his shikai or even bankai, if he is capable of 'sonido' (i dont remember the shinigami name). ichigo wasnt able to do that trick before bankai, he could see Byakuya moving, but not enough fast to move that way... but with the promise rukia made, i hope they get lost in hm and they come back to get his (ashido) ass as a guide, i know its stupid but anyway

bleachepisodesonline
Sun, 11-25-2007, 01:16 PM
ug, dont mention the bounto arc, so much of that just bored me to tears and fillers are no better, vizard is fun though :) need to see more of it!

conquistaDan
Mon, 11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Can someone please tell me what episode Aizen's army starts going nuts. And if it's even worth it at all? Because honestly without the captains. I think this anime is a waste of time.

Yukimura
Tue, 11-27-2007, 12:40 AM
If you want the original story skip to 110-127 thats where the anime picks up with the actual aftermath of the SS Arc. Then skip to 138-present. If all you care about is specifically seeing certain captains again then either skip to 92-109 where the filler arc moves to SS or just pick up the manga. It sounds like you just want captain level action, for that the main story should provide enough to entertain you for a while, in the end the show isn't about SS Captains it's about Ichigo and his friends and the people they fight.