PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Episode 07

Death13a
Sun, 11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Conclave-Mendoi

http://bt.mendoi-fansubs.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_07_%5B704x400_XviD_MP3%5D%5B1CB27068%5D.avi.torre nt

http://bt.mendoi-fansubs.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_07_%5B704x400_H.264_AAC%5D%5B6D2718D2%5D.mkv.torr ent

http://bt.mendoi-fansubs.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_07_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5BBFA8F4C5%5D.mkv.tor rent

Kraco
Sun, 11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
More comedy ensues.

The shady but real politics is a pretty nice aspect of this series. I hope it won't be simplified too much, though, which is a real danger considering we have here an organization that supposedly can combat anything with building sized robots. Now even faceless terrorism, apparently (although if they fail, it would be funny in a ruthless way). If they succeed, it won't be even funny.

I wish intelligence agencies would soon start to catch up with the Gundam and Meister movements. It could bring different kind of action to the show if the CB would need to run every now and then.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Exactly what is this Veda? From first sight, it seemed just to be some advanced supercomputer, but is it really? Might be some form of A.I., which is also a computer, but I was thinking about whether the Old guy invented a way to store his personality and intelligence somehow and operate/guide CB after death. I think I'm thinking too much, but hey, it'll make it interesting. Apparently, no one in CB doubts Veda's decisions. Sure, Tieria's dying to know the reason why it chose Setsuna, but he mutually agrees that Veda is right.

Ali dodged Lockon's shot?!?!? It'll be interesting to see how he fares against the other aces. Seems like this insight into movement and intentions is at a level of mastery.

Continuing an issue from before, the HRL scientist admits that they have never encountered interference from other enhanced glial cells before, and that they were able to make a protective suit for her right away. This probably indicates that Soma is probably the first, or even the only successful specimen from the Enhanced Human Project.

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Ali al-Serges = Awesome. He makes Graham look like a blanket cuddling softie.

I also love the conflict between the pilots. I think it adds a lot to the atmosphere to have them all on different wavelengths, sometimes very extreme differences...Allelujah and Lockon seem to be the personality opposites of the peacemaking - mediation efforts... and Tieria and Setsuna are the "I'm doing it my way, on my own convictions" extremists. Tieria is so cold. His comment about the Gundams "being fine terrorists" was dead on.

Remember when we were all like "there's no way this show gets down to the problem of street-level terrorism" ? Well, like Kraco said, let's see how they handle things.

I'm also wondering what Ali Serges meant when he told his employer: "There's good news for you coming, just watch the news for it". Was he talking about the terrorist attacks? Or maybe it was what the very next scene was about... Setsuna's identity being comprimised...?

The Haro made me laugh in this episode. I also want to slap Louise. I like how her and Saya give you the "normal person's" outlook on the story perspective, but that bitch is annoying as sin.

You usually don't see so many cracks in the armor so early in the good guys...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Or maybe it was what the very next scene was about... Setsuna's identity being comprimised...?

Ali said he was thinking too much when he thought it was Setsuna.

What did you mean by cracks in the armour? Were you referring to CB's little internal conflict? It seems like Sumeragi's a little uneasy with all this killing. Maybe she'll start straying from Veda's recommendations more and more.

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-19-2007, 02:03 AM
the cracks in the armor are numerous. Setsuna got handled pretty well by yet another elite veteran in an under-powered MS. Then he disobeyed protocol to serve his own crazy whims. He and Tieria fight just about all the time, to the point where it's threatening real violence. Allelujah has always been slightly hesitant about the level of killing, and it seems Sumeragi is getting there too... Outside of the Wan Mei girl and the hotel guy congratulating himself, people in CB are seriously doubting their own actions and mission.

Also, I do really like the idea of the 'Veda' program being some kind of stored memory / personality from the CB founder guy. It probably has extra intelligence on top of that, but it would make sense for the core decision making to be based on him...

Finally, something that really made me roll my eyes when I saw it, but forgot to mention in my first post. Nobody's said anything yet about the GN particle "bubble shield" that the Virtue deployed. So the things are natural by-product of the Gundams engine, jam communications AND can deflect enemy fire? Pft... I really didn't like that.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 11-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Interesting, so the source of the gundam's power is something called a "solar furnace." This kinda reminded me of Spiderman 2. Anyway, like masa, Im really enjoying the conflicts between the pilots. Somehow Tieria has become one of my favorite characters in this series, though I usually tend to hate people like him. Anyway, the terrorist twist added even more flavor to this series and im interested in how CB will respond. Im really looking forward to seenging the CB girls in swimsuit mode :)

Kraco
Mon, 11-19-2007, 03:25 AM
Finally, something that really made me roll my eyes when I saw it, but forgot to mention in my first post. Nobody's said anything yet about the GN particle "bubble shield" that the Virtue deployed. So the things are natural by-product of the Gundams engine, jam communications AND can deflect enemy fire? Pft... I really didn't like that.

Nah. It doesn't really matter at all. It's already safe to say the action portion of the show is clearly and cleanly cut'n'divided in two: Against the bulk of enemies that do absolutely nothing when they are annihilated and then the few aces that fight against the Gundams with surprising underdog efficiency. During the latter type of fights little of the inconsistencies and illogicality of the former are present, like they happened in a totally different universe. Well, this of course is technically the easiest way to make the Gundams seem like superior machines yet at the same time make it possible to underline also pilot skills.

So, whatever miracles happen during the first type of battles has little significance at all, because there's no way the Gundams would lose in any case when the enemies don't even try to win.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 11-19-2007, 03:33 AM

As much as im getting tired of the whole 1 gundam destroys all, I can forgive it in this series. The story and action makes up for how overpowered the gundams are in this series, as long as this series doesnt pull a GSD then ill be happy.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Well, GN particles are "heavy particles." It's not completely absurd to think that they would be able to deflect beam fire. (Unless those were bright shiny blue bullets.) Oscillating at a high frequency, you could see how they could also jam communications. It's all bullshit theoretical physics based off imaginary particles...so it's basically real quantum physics. It's no different from "tachyon" being used anywhere and everywhere to do every damn thing.
-------------------
I'm glad terrorism showed up as an important topic. That and the massive number of civilian casualties. It adds a big layer of realism to this series. Modern day wars are too messy to be solved with a single war between two clearly defined sides. No one is a perfect shot, and the blood of innocents spilled tends to bring out the extremists. (My country's media tries not to tell us, but even the barely educated knows we're only making things worse.)

Setsuna's backstory is also very interesting. How did he go from being a jihadist to a Gundam pilot? What did he mean by, "I'm the one still alive" in that context?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-19-2007, 08:43 AM

Virtue and Kyrios used the particle shield as a heat shield when they performed their atmospheric re-entry back in ep....2?

And to get from a Jihadist to Gundam pilot, take a look back at ep1. Exia pretty much appeared a god in front of Setsuna.

I'm actually surprised Ali can remember a guy from years back based on seeing a sword style, though we didn't really get to know how long they've known each other for.

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM
i still don't like the GN particle shield... I never really liked 'energy shields'. I suppose my problem with them is that they make the gap between the Gundams and regular MS even wider, something I don't think they really need to do... must be pressure to make the Virtue look cooler for model kit sales...

I don't know how much time Ali spent with Setsuna, but it looks like he proved to be a very good conman in recruiting him as a child soldier... Him seeing Setsuna in how he pilots the Exia is a stretch, but it's anime stapler for connecting characters when one has a secret identity.

Also, Setsuna's comment about "If that is Ali, where is his God now?" I couldn't tell if that was a rhetorical, semi-sarcastic question meant to mean that Setsuna knows Ali wasn't really in Kurdistan for religious goals, or if it's some kind of benchmark that Setsuna sets. Buffalo's comment about Exia being pretty much a god to Setsuna makes me think that maybe his "jihadist" ways haven't changed at all. He simply got a "god" that answers his prayers... so he serves that one now...

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
What Im really looking forward to is the meeting between Setsuna and "his fated person", whose identity everyone knows by now. Its high time they meet. Its already been 7 episodes. I wonder how Setsuna willchange though.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 11-21-2007, 02:35 AM
What did he mean by, "I'm the one still alive" in that context?

I think this is a reference to his days as a child soldier. The fact that he survived as a child soldier in the middle of a war involving mobile suits must have caught Veda's (or whoever this person is) eyes as he needed someone who had the instincts and experience of a good soldier? Or sheer coincidence that had to do with the gundam he saw and the mysterious circumstances involved in Ep. 1 they haven't revealed?

Kraco
Wed, 11-21-2007, 05:45 AM
I think it could be psychologically possible he's looking at it wholly the other way around. For a person who has lived... nay, struggled to survive his childhood in such a deadly chaos just being alive is enough of a justification for his existence and for whatever he intends to do thereafter. He might not feel any need for loftier explanations and reasonings like some clear yuppie like Tieria who probably hasn't seen a tough day during his life.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-21-2007, 05:58 AM
I was thinking that out of that whole massacre that we saw in ep1, Exia probably only managed to save Setsuna. To Setsuna, that may well be, "I chose you."

Phoenix20578
Wed, 11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
I think Setsuna is thinking more along the lines of "this is the only way bullshit like this can end" He saw first hand that the power of a Gundam was powerful enough to stop a war and save lives.

Also, whos to say that was Exia? That might have just been a prototype for the Gundams at that point. And another thing, why are there no records of that event ever happening? I mean come on, the most humanoid mobile suit on the planet makes its first apperance and takes out an entire platoon of other mobile suits, but there is no record of any kind, not even an article saying "something" happened. I cant believe that.

masamuneehs
Wed, 11-21-2007, 02:22 PM
personally, I'm agreeing with Buffalo and, to a lesser extent, Kraco. Setsuna certainly feels that this effort is worthwhile, that it might make the world a better place, but I think he feels 'picked by the hand of God' (this time appearing in the form of a Gundam) to fill this role. However, this makes him accountable to his private convictions, not people like Sumeragi and Tieria. Because he's survived so much, he feels that he can, and should, base his actions off of what has gotten him through life so far.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Also, whos to say that was Exia? That might have just been a prototype for the Gundams at that point..

Yeah, that actually looked like the first gundam where was, back in the 1980s. Then again, maybe that prototype is now Exia. It is, after all GN- 001.

And another thing, why are there no records of that event ever happening?

the most humanoid mobile suit on the planet makes its first apperance and takes out an entire platoon of other mobile suits.

There's your answer. If it's a prototype like you said, then I don't think they'd allow their "test" to go public.

Maybe Veda knew about Setsuna before that incident. Maybe it sent that Gundam to rescue Setsuna. Since his identity has to be top secret in the future, then killing everybody in the vicinity makes sense.

Kraco
Thu, 11-22-2007, 04:20 AM
There's your answer. If it's a prototype like you said, then I don't think they'd allow their "test" to go public.

Really, now. A whole giant branch of the news industry wouldn't exist if people actually could control what goes public and what doesn't. And that's discounting foreign intelligence agencies that probably wouldn't publish the knowledge but would have studied it and kept records.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Well from what I saw, it looked like a pretty run down place, with those outdated HRL suits. From Setsuna's reaction, it was probably from that civil war in Sri Lanka. They didn't seem to have too good a technology, and big powers weren't exactly shooting live either. Since that civil war was nothing new, and other assaults may have happened simultaneously, the news-worthiness may not have been worth the risk of sending a crew there, not that either sides were probably interested in being on the news anyway. That suit had full blown "wings", which probably indicated radio jamming, as well as a test for the prototype Solar Furnace. Shooting straight through the cockpits also support the fact that it was out to kill.

Just saying, in a run down and utterly chaotic place, keeping a low profile by killing witnesses isn't too hard, especially with a bit of military might.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-22-2007, 01:03 PM
@Kraco - The thing is, sometimes they can (control what goes public, I mean). It is a lot more naive to think that everything is exposed to public scrutiny and knowledge.

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-22-2007, 01:41 PM
you'll also remember that nobody has ever seen a Gundam (at least not that we know about) prior to CB's declaration and episode 1 interventions. So whether it was a matter of CB wiping out everyone in that area where Setsuna was saved, or if the only real things left were the HRL mechs (since they seemed to have totally destroyed the city and the handful of fighters left were getting massacred), it's very possible that Setsuna is the only person who knows exactly how it ended.

Kraco
Fri, 11-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Yeah, I suppose it's possible and indeed it seems to be because nobody has indicated they had previous knowledge. CB is a terrorist organization, after all, so wiping out all witnesses would be just a normal day at work for them.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I suppose it's possible and indeed it seems to be because nobody has indicated they had previous knowledge. CB is a terrorist organization, after all, so wiping out all witnesses would be just a normal day at work for them.

Especially true if that test pilot was Tieria