PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 378

Yukimura
Fri, 11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Naruto 378 - [MangaShare] (http://s02.mangashare.com/releases/Naruto_378%5BMS%5D.zip)
Naruto 378 - [helz0ne] (http://rapidshare.com/files/70210481/378_ENG.rar)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 11-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Alot more strategy than I thought would happen in a Jairaya fight. But I guess that is due to the 2 toads. Not a bad chapter though. I liked it.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Fri, 11-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Hmm this fight is probably the most technical fight in the series so far. With the way its going now it might be possible that Jiraiya might survive this fight.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Alot more strategy than I thought would happen in a Jairaya fight. But I guess that is due to the 2 toads. Not a bad chapter though. I liked it.

What do mean alot more strategy than you would've thought? He is one of the Sannin not to mention the fact that his teacher was one of the best strategist the village had ever seen. Besides when you're completely outmatched and your back is up against the wall the only thing you have left is strategy.

Seems like I'll get to bitch about some fools who doubted my theories about the Rinnegan and its abilities and whether or not it was more powerful than the Byakugan.:) DBZ

Idealistic
Fri, 11-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Eh... The Rin'egan is a pretty cheap as in lame ability. Wtf.. Summon two people and then you have vision of all 3? C'mon, Kishi could have came up with a much better ability for our villain. Unless there is more to it.

Like seriously, this kind of ability sounds like an Ino thing.

dsh1202
Fri, 11-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I love how, like everyone thought that Jiriyai didnt stand a chance against pein, i was one of those people, but look at Jiraiya now, he's doing far better than i think anyone ever expected. it even looks like he'll survive, we cant really say anything for sure though, i remember that pein has alot more bodies that just those three. So maybe the fight with those 3 is gonna end soon but pein might bring out more of his bodies, and we dont even know which one is the real pein yet. and we also dont know if the Rinnegan has any more powers (which it probably does cause i dont believe a mind link is the only thing it can do) cant wait to see the next chapter. This has to be one of my all time favorite fights now.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 06:55 PM
With the way its going now it might be possible that Jiraiya might survive this fight.

What makes you think Jiraiya is going to survive. I mean he must know some very good escape jutsu or he could simply use the same jutsu he used to get into the village in the first place to escape but it doesn't look like Jiraiya intends to survive this battle, he is going all out, its win at any cost at this point. Also Jiraiya doesn't seem to think that he is going to be defeat Pein let alone walk away from this battle, which is why he told the toads to leave him if anything happens.

He managed to overcome one of the Rinnegan's abilities but Pein doesn't seem to be the least bit unsettled. Maybe we are going to get to see another one of his eye's abilities but even if we don't and Jiraiya manages to eliminate any advantages the Rinnegan would give Pein he still has to fight him one on one which I don't think he is going to be able to do although he is rather confident about it.

Lets hope Jiraiya really does survive this battle because I always liked his character, more now than ever before, and there is definitely a lot more he can teach Naruto about the nine tails and somehow the information on Pein needs to get back to Konoha I still don't see any way for this battle to end without his death, everything in this arc before now just pointed in that direction.

@Id3aLiStiC: What makes you think the Rinnegan doesn't have more abilities because it is a very safe assumption to make at this point. Oh and I remember thinking the Sharingan's ability to copy everything an opponent does was really cheap too, but I think the Rinnegan so far is very original.

Assertn
Sat, 11-17-2007, 03:17 AM
What was the skinny one's skill, anyway? Taijutsu? We saw him charge Jiraiya like, once...then get kicked in the face....I don't remember him doing anything else.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 11-17-2007, 04:33 AM
What was the skinny one's skill, anyway? Taijutsu? We saw him charge Jiraiya like, once...then get kicked in the face....I don't remember him doing anything else.

Is that why he had his eyes closed? Or was it to defend against the genjutsu somehow?

Anyway, I have an idea. I'll throw it out there for you guys. My theory is that Pein somehow split his abilities into separate bodies to make better use of the Rin'nigan in battle. By doing this, he would be able to share their vision, since their experience of the fight would go into a collective consciousness that is the real Pein. This would also explain why each body has very limited abilities. By giving one body all of his Taijutsu, another all of his summoning jutsu, and one the ability to absorb all elemental attacks, he's placing himself in three separate roles, allowing him to attack and defend against anything, and all at once. Even if this was possible for any ninja, only the Rin'Nigan would allow the user to share the vision, which completes the ability. So.....there is no real Pein, since the "real Pein" is divided evenly amongst all of the bodies.

So, that's my theory. Yeah. This chapter was damn good though.

dimitris127
Sat, 11-17-2007, 08:32 AM
well i want to see something else except for jiraiya and the 3 peins...like sasuke and itachi for example?...well the theory of pein dividing himself into three is good but i bet that uses a lot of chakra and unless he is another naruto he won't be able to keep this up for long

KCMmmmm
Sat, 11-17-2007, 03:55 PM
well i want to see something else except for jiraiya and the 3 peins...like sasuke and itachi for example?...well the theory of pein dividing himself into three is good but i bet that uses a lot of chakra and unless he is another naruto he won't be able to keep this up for long

I'm thinking it's a permanent division, so it won't constantly consume chakra. Otherwise, they'd just be shadow clones.

February
Sat, 11-17-2007, 07:33 PM
This chapter has been really confusing in terms of actions for me because the drawing was unclear for me. From what I am guessing, the fat summon is currently within the fire, the thin one got stuck on the pipe from Jiraiya's jutsu, and its the regular Pein vs Jiraiya?

EDIT: Where is my Itachi vs Sasuke??!!! >:(

Abdula
Sat, 11-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Is that why he had his eyes closed? Or was it to defend against the genjutsu somehow?

Anyway, I have an idea. I'll throw it out there for you guys. My theory is that Pein somehow split his abilities into separate bodies to make better use of the Rin'nigan in battle. By doing this, he would be able to share their vision, since their experience of the fight would go into a collective consciousness that is the real Pein. This would also explain why each body has very limited abilities. By giving one body all of his Taijutsu, another all of his summoning jutsu, and one the ability to absorb all elemental attacks, he's placing himself in three separate roles, allowing him to attack and defend against anything, and all at once. Even if this was possible for any ninja, only the Rin'Nigan would allow the user to share the vision, which completes the ability. So.....there is no real Pein, since the "real Pein" is divided evenly amongst all of the bodies.

So, that's my theory. Yeah. This chapter was damn good though.

Bravo.

The Original Pein only uses summonings, the fat one has an absorption ability, we haven't seen what the skinny one does yet. Jiraiya only said that using taijutsu against them would be useless because its three on one. Why would you think taijutsu would be an ability, any and all ninja can use taijutsu and wasting an entire body on taijutsu is just plain stupid. I guess we'll find out what the skinny one's ability is in the next chapter.

Why do you people all think that Naruto's large amount of chakra is something special. Sure when he uses the Kyuubi he can generate more chakra than anyone but normal Naruto's chakra isn't all that spectacular. If you think about it Naruto just has a high chakra capacity, so does Choji, I know he can generate a serious amount of chakra. The sannin are all high chakra capacity ninja, if I remember Oro's battle with Naruto correctly the only reason he stopped fighting was because his host body began rejecting him not because he ran out of chakra and he was fighting 4 tails. Every Akatsuki member we've seen fight before has not only had a large amount of chakra but their chakra was very strong as well. We all saw what Kisame and Itachi could do with just 30% and Deidara, Kakuzu and Sasori all had a lot of chakra. I don't care what you think about Sasuke and his curse seal but he was able to defeat One tail Naruto and Deidara so he has a lot of chakra too. So Naruto's level of chakra may be exceptional when compared to normal ninja but its nothing special when compared to Akatsuki. Pein being the leader of Akatsuki must have an extremely large amount of chakra which is pretty obvious from all the summoning we've seen not to mention the fact that he has six bodies, so instead of having to divide up his chakra I would think it would make more sense if he could use the chakra of all six bodies.

dsh1202
Sat, 11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I agree with that theory, it makes alot of sense, and if said theory is true, that means the rest of the bodies would each have a diffrent ability, and i remember a chapter were they showed that pein had like at least 5 or 6 bodies. i wonder what the other bodies can do. and i wonder to defeat pein, would jirayia have to beat all the bodies or maybe there is one that is controlling them all. if so... if that one is killed would all the bodies just like "stop working" or would jiriaya have to kill them all?

Abdula
Sat, 11-17-2007, 09:50 PM
If it is a collective consciousness then I would think you would need to kill all six bodies because we know he can switch between them.

dsh1202
Sat, 11-17-2007, 09:54 PM
If it is a collective consciousness then I would think you would need to kill all six bodies because we know he can switch between them.

That sounds right.. it still seems odd though.. if it was a collective consciousness why would he need to go into that machine in that one chapter?

Abdula
Sat, 11-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Who knows, but it seemed to me like he was storing the bodies there to keep them safe. I mean he was hiding them in some kind of a cavern and there was a huge wall in front of it and I'm assuming there was a very strong barrier as well.

dsh1202
Sat, 11-17-2007, 10:19 PM
maybe that machine was to switch the "dominate" consciousness, one of those bodies must be giving the orders in some how or some way. but then that would defeat the whole purpose of collective consciousness.. so then the most logical thing would be for storage, as you said.

conquistaDan
Sun, 11-18-2007, 03:29 AM
I was very unimpressed with this chapter.

I thought there was going to be significant information given about Jiraiya, Pein or "the chosen one". Jiraiya bailing to find out a plan isn't very "sennin" of him to do. Although most might think it would be. I don't. Kishi should have had him bust out some more stuff that we haven't seen yet, instead of the frogs on his shoulders helping to bail him out. That's lame. And kind of a cop out too. In addition to that, the vision thing could have been worked out in the last chapter. This fight has already passed its expiration date.

Another thing. I don't think Pein is even one of the bodies in the chambers at all. I think he's in another building or something puppet stringing the bodies with his Rin'negan completely away from the fight, and out of harm. If his eyes had any real ability, that would be an impressive one. Being able to see more than one point of view at once is just stupid. So is splitting the bodies up to each have their own type of jutsu. That means Pein has to constantly keep switching just to be safe.

dsh1202
Sun, 11-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I also considered that pein might not be in any of those bodies but actually controlling them from an outside or remote area. it would make the rin'negan seem a lot more powerful if this theory is true.

Genma
Sun, 11-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I liked how this chapter's battle had some strategy, but the Rin'egan's ability didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, it would make sense, provided the Narutoverse didn't have things like shadow clones. Couldn't shadow clones accomplish the same thing minus the power transfer thing? I know shadow clones poof after being hit but... like... couldn't someone capable of doing it be able to make his vision 100% too?

For some reason I'd think the Byakugan would be superior if that was the case. If Neji makes three clones, it could take away his blind spot or something, and he'd also be able to see the chakra flows and all that.

Bleh, whatever. Hopefully they'll make the Rin'egan even more powerful, seeing as it's supposed to be the strongest eye.

Assertn
Sun, 11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
It was explicitly stated during Naruto's training that anything a shadow clone observes or experiences will only transfer back to the original body once that clone is dispersed.

Therefore you'd have to instantaneously clone and disperse any time you need an update on your surroundings.

In this chapter, it was also mentioned that not having to use chakra to accomplish this effect is one significant advantage that rinnegan has over byakugan, so this would probably be even more significant against the shadow clone strategy.

dsh1202
Mon, 11-19-2007, 04:53 PM
whats going on with konan during this whole fight between pein and Jiraiya, i know Jiriaya stopped her at the beginning of the fight but that jutsu he used must have worn off by now, Jiraiya might be winning (at the moment) against pein but he still might have to fight konan.

Idealistic
Mon, 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
whats going on with konan during this whole fight between pein and Jiraiya, i know Jiriaya stopped her at the beginning of the fight but that jutsu he used must have worn off by now, Jiraiya might be winning (at the moment) against pein but he still might have to fight konan.

Tsunade is on her way.

Abdula
Mon, 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
No she isn't, the hokage is not supposed to leave the village. I think it was obvious fromt the beginning that Konan didn't want to fight Jiraiya, he himself that she was always the soft hearted one.

Idealistic
Mon, 11-19-2007, 06:09 PM
No she isn't, the hokage is not supposed to leave the village.

Duh? That's the whole point. It would show how much Tsunade really cares about Jiraiya that she'd be willing to do such a thing.

Abdula
Mon, 11-19-2007, 06:19 PM
That doesn't make any sense why would she leave the village to save a 50 something year old man who specifically asked her not to, not to mention the fact that she would be putting the village at a tremendous risk and Shizune and the others would not allow her to leave. She doesn't even know where Jiraiya is and even if she did and she went there and got herself killed the village would be without a hokage again. I know she likes Jiraiya but they both accept that the time for that is long gone. Jiraiya is willing to put his life on the line to fight, not to mention the prophecy which led Jiraiya to believe he is responsible for Pein and thus he must be the one to stop him so I doubt he would accept help from Tsunade.

There are a lot more reasons why Tsunade leaving the village wouldn't make any sense including the fact that some of the villages strongest ninja, Kakashi, Naruto, Yamato and the rest are already outside the village but I think I made my point.

dsh1202
Mon, 11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
well tsuande probably wont come to save Jirayia, but with konan, whats gonna happen to her if pein is deafeated, will she all of the sudden come back to being a good guy and leave the akatsuki or maybe she'll just like run away. either way, i wanna see a Jiraiya vs konan fight. Konan was shown to have all these awsome oragami jutsus and i want to seem them used lol.

Abdula
Mon, 11-19-2007, 07:04 PM
First of all, Pein is not going to be defeated. Secondly it was explicitly stated that although Konan is an extremely capable ninja which is a requirement for being in Akatsuki she doesn't like to fight and she certainly didn't want to fight Jiraiya, the only reason she confronted Jiraiya was because Pein told her to.

He told her to kill Jiraiya if she could and she didn't even try all she did was delay him until Pein got there, I also got the impression that Konan still looked up to Jiraiya for taking care of them and teaching them but Pein is the one who said he had no more love for him and that he felt obligated to kill the intruder no matter who it was since he had already switched bodies.

Konan is a follower not a leader she is similar to Haku so I suspect when Pein is eventually defeated, whenever that is going to be, she will either do the clichéd thing and get killed by his opponent either before or after Pein is beaten or she will just disappear into obscurity.

I want to see Konan’s jutsus as well. I wanted to see all the Akatsuki members and their jutsus since they were first introduced. I suspect we will get to see her fight later against one of the leaf ninjas but I don’t know which one I would want her to fight.

dsh1202
Mon, 11-19-2007, 07:53 PM
if Jiriayia does get killed, i could see Konan killing or at least trying to kill pein out of sympathy for her old teacher, and if she did manage to kill pein if said scenario played out, she might go to tsuande and give the leaf village info on other ataksuki memebers then dissapear.

Assertn
Mon, 11-19-2007, 08:27 PM
if Jiriayia does get killed, i could see Konan killing or at least trying to kill pein out of sympathy for her old teacher, and if she did manage to kill pein if said scenario played out, she might go to tsuande and give the leaf village info on other ataksuki memebers then dissapear.
No matter how much Konan might care about Jiraiya, I'm sure she cares about Pein more.

Abdula
Mon, 11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah seriously, where the hell did that one come from. If she wanted to save Jiraiya she would have never found him for Pein and then went back to Pein and told him where Jiraiya was, she would have never confronted him and delayed him until Pein got there, and she would have never joined Akatsuki in the first place. I said she is like Haku so no matter what she personally wants or believes she is going to do what Pein says.

KCMmmmm
Tue, 11-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Wow. There's no need to be uncivil about this! I was under the impression that Konan had no chance against Jiraiya anyway, since him merely dousing her with oil neutralized her fighting abilities completely. Even if it wore off by now, that skirmish proved that she was no match for him.

I agree that whatever Pain might to do Jiraiya, Konan is unlikely to change her alliance. They have been together since before the series even started (timeline-wise), and unless some revelation about Pain/Nagato killing the third kid (forgot his name) comes up, they will stick together.

Besides....if Pain succeeds in finishing Jiraiya, as most people predicted several chapters ago, then we don't need to wonder whether Konan will fight him, since Pain explicitly commanded her to let them fight alone.

dsh1202
Tue, 11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
ok then, i was just stating a possible theory and a possible outcome.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 11-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Tsundae could still come. I mean in a land where people can change into anyone they want? Shizune and Tsundae could do a henge to look like one another and the Shizune could stay and pretend to be Tsundae until she got back. It is a possibility.

toonice714
Wed, 11-21-2007, 02:22 PM
i think jiriya will die fighting pein but not before pein unveils a lot of the secrets of the rin'nengan. this way the story can move forward by naruto meeting the great toad sage. This is turning out to be a great fight btw. Also......when are we going to see team shino do anything!?!? And i wanna see suigetsu fight more than anybody else! They just forgot all about team hebi. I wanna know whats soo great about them that sasuke went so far out of his way just to assemble them. Aside from karin's obvious tracking use.

Abdula
Wed, 11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
i wanna see suigetsu fight more than anybody else! They just forgot all about team hebi. I wanna know whats soo great about them that sasuke went so far out of his way just to assemble them.

I think we should get to see a nice three way confrontation between Hebi, The Leaf Ninja and Kisame and Itachi after this. That is only what I want to see though.

I wonder if Tobi is still sitting on top of the statue of Madara.

KCMmmmm
Wed, 11-21-2007, 03:38 PM
i think jiriya will die fighting pein but not before pein unveils a lot of the secrets of the rin'nengan. this way the story can move forward by naruto meeting the great toad sage. This is turning out to be a great fight btw. Also......when are we going to see team shino do anything!?!? And i wanna see suigetsu fight more than anybody else! They just forgot all about team hebi. I wanna know whats soo great about them that sasuke went so far out of his way just to assemble them. Aside from karin's obvious tracking use.

With the way the manga is pressing forward now, those chapters - all twenty or so of them - feel like needless filler.