PDA

View Full Version : The Myspace Experiment

Vash72
Thu, 11-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone, I am conducting an experiment (as part of my course), to find out if "real life relationships are influenced by online social mediums".

I hope you can spare the time to fill out my questionnaire and thus help me analyse whether real-life friendships might be influenced by online friend ratings on a social network such as myspace.

Empirical Research Questionnaire

Please select your response in the following situations:

1. Your best friend moved you from first position in their myspace friends list to 5th position do you:
A: (Angry) Call them up straight away and demand an explanation
B: (Upset) Ask them about it once you see them in person
C: (Annoyed) Bring it up casually when you next see them
D: (Concerned) Comment them in myspace and ask them about it
E: (Unperturbed) Not discuss it with them

2. Your 2nd best friend moved you from second position in their myspace friends list to 8th position do you:

3. A friend moves you from fifth position, to out of there top myspace friends list do you:

4. Someone you hang around with at TAFE deletes you from there myspace friends list do you:

5. Someone you met at a party the other night and spoke with briefly adds you to myspace and then deletes you the next day:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment your answers or send them to daves_era_assignment@hotmail.com

Thankyou for your time and if anyone is interested I will happily place the final results of this experiment once it has concluded for discussion, dave

Shi_No_Shikaku
Fri, 11-16-2007, 02:47 AM
1 e
2 e
3 e
4 c
5 c

BioAlien
Fri, 11-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Empirical Research Questionnaire

Please select your response in the following situations:

1. Your best friend moved you from first position in their myspace friends list to 5th position do you:

2. Your 2nd best friend moved you from second position in their myspace friends list to 8th position do you:

3. A friend moves you from fifth position, to out of there top myspace friends list do you:

4. Someone you hang around with at TAFE deletes you from there myspace friends list do you:

5. Someone you met at a party the other night and spoke with briefly adds you to myspace and then deletes you the next day:

Side Note: I don't use Myspace, but I wouldn't care anyway.

TwisT
Sun, 11-18-2007, 03:13 AM
I would answer E on all

Kraco
Sun, 11-18-2007, 04:07 AM
I have no use for Myspace but if I did, it would be E for everything. But since I don't use it, I guess the significance of my answers is negligible at best.

PSJ
Sun, 11-18-2007, 04:52 AM
E on everything. Who cares about things like that seriously? The last question is real funny, why the fuck should i care if someone i met at a party the day before added me and then removed me?

Animeniax
Sun, 11-18-2007, 05:09 AM
E on everything. Who cares about things like that seriously? The last question is real funny, why the fuck should i care if someone i met at a party the day before added me and then removed me?
You say that now, but look how many people take reputation on this forum seriously. Some people take myspace too seriously. Remember that Seinfeld episode where that one chick moved people up and down her speeddial and Jerry got upset because he'd been moved down the list? People are weird that way.

For me, I don't use myspace, so it's easy to answer all Es right now. If I used the service, it might be more Cs and Ds than I'd like to admit.

Kraco
Sun, 11-18-2007, 06:51 AM
You may have a point there. That's basically why I made that comment about the significance of my answers. It's pretty hard to estimate something if you don't use it at all. However, I doubt my answers would change any, though (seeing how I don't usually talk too much about myself to people out there anyway, nor do I ask about their affairs unless for humorous purposes or I know they simple yearn to tell and thus it's polite to ask).

Your reference to reputation might be correct to a degree, but, once again referring to myself, I was concerned about my reputation solely because I wanted to reach as soon as possible the 1500 required for a custom title... It was kind of bothersome, though. Dunno if I was the only one trying to reach that star or if someone else thought likewise. So, in my case I'd need some external purpose for Myspace to care.

Abdula
Sun, 11-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Remember that Seinfeld episode where that one chick moved people up and down her speeddial and Jerry got upset because he'd been moved down the list? People are weird that way.

Nice reference.

For me, I don't use myspace, so it's easy to answer all Es right now.If I used the service

Even if i did it would still be all E, because who cares its inconsequential.

Idealistic
Mon, 11-19-2007, 05:08 AM
Myspace friends is evil.