PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuden Episode 34

HachimonTonkou
Thu, 11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Mazeltof.
DB - 34 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns034.torrent)

redcat
Thu, 11-15-2007, 10:16 PM
about fucking time

Way to make a shit post with no content.

Idealistic
Thu, 11-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Ummm.... Yes sir? Wtf. How horrible is DB's translations? Couldn't they have just used common sense and realize Shizune was talking to Tsunade so it would be ma'am? And not sir?

Anyways, interesting plot going on. I wonder what this Root thing is all about.

To be honest, I haven't noticed Sai's shirt up until now. That really is a pretty gay shirt. At first I thought it was just part of the shirts color, but it was half of his naked body. lol...

redcat
Thu, 11-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Ummm.... Yes sir? Wtf. How horrible is DB's translations? Couldn't they have just used common sense and realize Shizune was talking to Tsunade so it would be ma'am? And not sir?
maybe they have a marcie / peppermint patty thing going on.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Lol "You're kind of a pussy, aren't you? Do you even have a dick?"
Sai may be a flaming emo but he says what we've all been wondering for a long time. Plues he can disappear into thin air, which I've always felt was the mark of a badass ninja.

Speaking of badass...Yamato, instead of walking around the desk like a normal person would have he teleports 5 feet forward just so he can look cool. Awesome.

itadakimasu
Thu, 11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
the ending credits were classic.... the whole ep i was wondering if the whole you sure are a pussy... must not have a dick was a mis-translation / troll but i guess not lol

LaZie
Fri, 11-16-2007, 02:13 AM
The whole pussy and dick was no mistranslation. I've been wondering for a long time ever since it appeared in the manga if it was going to be censored or not.

Anyways, it was a fairly entertaining episode. Yamato is completely badass :p

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-16-2007, 03:40 AM
I take back everything I ever said about Sai. He can dress as gay as he wants as long as he keeps swearing!

Very slooooooow episode.

But also interesting. I'm surprised that there seems to be political intrigue going on behind the scenes in Konoha.

The music made the bandage guy seem particularly mysterious and menacing.

One other thing that caught my eye, Naruto has a line tied to his kunai. I mean, he didn't do anything with it. But I still noticed it was there. Going up his sleeve. I wonder if that's some kinda forshadowing for something new he does.

Also, Ino is freakin HOT. And surprisingly happy to see Naruto.

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Now you get to see part of the reason I like Sai: he pisses Naruto off.

i like how they did Danzou and the political showdown. Only Shizune could go behind the Hokage's back but still manage to look so patheticly loyal and non-threatening.

I lol'd at Yamato's teleport. Not so much at the subpar animation in the brief fight at the episode's start.

Kraco
Fri, 11-16-2007, 10:20 AM
The fight certainly was strange. I was expecting all the time Naruto's clone would sneak up from behind Sai but of course that was an utterly foolish thing to even imagine. He already used all his points for deceptive moves for good in the exam fight against Neji back then.

But still it's not bad if Sai actually keeps pissing off Naruto in every single episode of the next arc. That would be sweet.

Assertn
Fri, 11-16-2007, 10:58 AM
One other thing that caught my eye, Naruto has a line tied to his kunai. I mean, he didn't do anything with it. But I still noticed it was there. Going up his sleeve. I wonder if that's some kinda forshadowing for something new he does.
The string is for sling-shotting the kunai into his hand, as you see him do when he approaches sai.

Idealistic
Fri, 11-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Lol "You're kind of a pussy, aren't you? Do you even have a dick?"
Sai may be a flaming emo but he says what we've all been wondering for a long time. Plues he can disappear into thin air, which I've always felt was the mark of a badass ninja.

Speaking of badass...Yamato, instead of walking around the desk like a normal person would have he teleports 5 feet forward just so he can look cool. Awesome.

It's so weird to hear cussing and stuff like that after not hearing any of it from the old series. I guess Shippuuden is kind of aiming for the more mature crowd or something?

I think that was another new song too when Yamato was introduced. If it wasn't, it was my first time noticing it. Finally another song that has that ninja feeling. I could tell which song from the old series would have been playing too.

February
Fri, 11-16-2007, 02:53 PM
It's so weird to hear cussing and stuff like that after not hearing any of it from the old series. I guess Shippuuden is kind of aiming for the more mature crowd or something?

I think that was another new song too when Yamato was introduced. If it wasn't, it was my first time noticing it. Finally another song that has that ninja feeling. I could tell which song from the old series would have been playing too.

I think Naruto itself was aimed at an older age audience from the beginning, but whenever there are good action animes, little 11 year old boys somehow seem to get their hands on these kind of series and make the show seem immature to non-Naruto viewers, making us older Naruto fans look immature for participating to watch something as "childish" as this. :mad:

To prove my point, you go to any online game, forum ID, or aim screenname and you will find names like "NaRUToPWnZer" / "SASUKEKILLER" / "AzNSaSuKe1224" something like that.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Only Shizune could go behind the Hokage's back but still manage to look so patheticly loyal and non-threatening.

That bothers me, I never got Shizune and why she is so loyal to Tsunade, Orochimaru and Kabuto I understood, not Shizune she is somewhat of a mystery to me.

February
Fri, 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM
That bothers me, I never got Shizune and why she is so loyal to Tsunade, Orochimaru and Kabuto I understood, not Shizune she is somewhat of a mystery to me.

Whaaa..? You can understand Kabuto being loyal to Oro but not Shizune for being loyal to Tsunade? If anything, its Kabuto that makes me wonder why he follows Orochimaru. Shizune seems like a peaceful , no hidden intention type of character, while Kabuto seems like he's using Orochimaru to gain something else.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Thats what bothers me Kabuto and Orochimaru both acknowledged that they were using each other, peaceful little people like Shizune who seem to have no hidden intentions creep me out, I can never trust them because they are so difficult to read and I would never expect her to just be a complete tool for the rest of her life.

Kraco
Fri, 11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Isn't Shizune a med ninja as well? I would guess she wanted to learn from Tsunade but somewhere along the way became some sort of a secretary for her.

She could also be one of those personalities who have no personal high ambition (or have a fear of personal responsibility) but find it good to be close to and employed by a high and mighty character, thus giving them the satisfaction of going forward and up in life.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 03:48 PM
She could also be one of those personalities who have no personal high ambition (or have a fear of personal responsibility) but find it good to be close to and employed by a high and mighty character, thus giving them the satisfaction of going forward and up in life.

= Tool. Exactly my problem with her, I don't see why Tsunade would keep her around, but she is supposedly one of the best medical ninjas in the village, I think the only better medical ninja is Tsunade and obviously Sakura, not now but eventually.

Kraco
Fri, 11-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Tsunade is exactly the kind of person who would keep such a tool around. Because she's lazy yet has lots of pride and also intelligence (at least sometimes). A capable person like Shizune removes some of her most boring work but at the same time takes care that Tsunade doesn't slip too far. As we have seen, Tsunade doesn't really keep Shizune in fear but actually tries to keep her bad habits in check when Shizune is around and work really would need to get done.

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-16-2007, 04:08 PM
truth

I agree whole heartedly. You'd think though, that with Danzou and the Konoha oldies on the council trying to limit Tsunade's actions in this episode, that maybe Shizne has something to do with it. But I full out think she honestly believes sending Naruto out on mission relating to Akatsuki is the wrong thing to do (btw, i agree with her). You can't quite tell if Shizune went over Tsunade's head, going to the Konoha councilmembers, or if they came to her and she was like, "Oh, I totally agree. We can't let Naruto get sent out on a mission like this."

Either way, she is such a blindly loyal, unambitious character that I don't think much of her actions.

also, i couldn't help but wonder where Danzou got all his injuries from... Probably in one of Konoha's wars? He looks like one tough motehrfucker.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Seriously, I wonder what she would be like without Shizune, oh yeah right, she would sleep, drink and gamble all the time. I know thats why she keeps her around its pretty obvious, Shizune is am ok character, I just wish she would do some more. I can't imagine that she would want to do Tsunade's boring administrative work for the rest of her life, we know she is a capable ninja so I want to see her fight.

Shizune definitely went over Tsunade's head doesn't seem to be the first time it happened either. I was wondering the same thing about Danzou, hope he doesn't fall into obscurity the same way Ibiki did, I certainly wanted to see him have a serious battle.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I also just noticed that Sai is basically wearing almost the same outfit as Ino. :p

The string is for sling-shotting the kunai into his hand, as you see him do when he approaches sai.Oh.

Yukimura
Fri, 11-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Fact Checked Speculation > Memory Backed Speculation.

Shizune is Dan's (Tsunade's BF) niece. Dan's sister (probably Shizune's mother) died in the war (and he was possibly taking care of her after this). When Dan later died and Tsunade left the village she took Shizune with her as her apprentice, they traveled together until Tsunade came back to the villiage to become Hokage.

I don't think it's all that strange for an orphan to work for the person who looked after them, raised them, and trained them after their family was killed. Such a person might even feel a debt of honor to that person for taking care of them and thus put up with their bullshit attitude out of gratitude for what they did *cough* Haku *cough*.

But I guess that's exactly what a tool isn't it? A person willing to give up their own desires and aspirations in order to server the desires of the person who was there for them at a miserable time in their life and took care of them.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 06:01 PM
But I guess that's exactly what a tool isn't it? A person willing to give up their own desires and aspirations in order to server the desires of the person who was there for them at a miserable time in their life and took care of them.

No, a tool is someone who has no other desires or aspirations other than to serve someone else. Big difference.

Shizune is Dan's (Tsunade's BF) niece. Dan's sister (probably Shizune's mother) died in the war (and he was possibly taking care of her after this). When Dan later died and Tsunade left the village she took Shizune with her as her apprentice, they traveled together until Tsunade came back to the villiage to become Hokage.

As far as I know this was only mentioned in the english dub so I don't consider to be a part of the official canon, although it is a sufficient explanation.

Kraco
Fri, 11-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Still, I can't imagine Tsunade would ever had with any seriousness told Shizune that she owes Tsunade so much she can't leave even if she wants. So, basically I don't think my "memory backed speculation" as such was that far off the mark, other than for the gratitude factor, but in all honestly a decent person would feel some gratitude in any case if personally taught by the best professional in the world.

Thus, I think she's a bit different kind of a tool. Like I said earlier, perhaps a person whose ambition is not to be any kind of figurehead but somebody who supports such a figurehead. I think the way we are thinking here in the West, always very individualistically, might even thwart from realising that unless you think a little out of the box. And especially with this series that's so filled by people aiming to be the best and the strongest. Or she might be too big a coward to leave Tsunade to try out her own wings fully. It's kind of easy to get used to the current situation especially if you don't hate it.

In short, she might not have had any lofty desires of her own to begin with that she would have needed to sacrifice.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 06:13 PM
In short, she might not have had any lofty desires of her own to begin with that she would have needed to sacrifice.

Surprisingly, or maybe not surprising but most of the leaf ninja don't. The only ones who have had any great ambitions like Orochimaru and Itachi have left the village. The only reason Sasuke is so ambitious is because of Itachi and Naruto wants to be hokage because he was an outcast as a child, and the only other really ambitious character I can think of is Konohamaru and he just wants to be a hokage like his grandfather was. The leaf village seems like it was always a laid back place, that is why the mist ninja and the sand ninja looked down upon them so much even Oro and Itachi hated the village for that same reason.

Yukimura
Fri, 11-16-2007, 08:20 PM
As far as I know this was only mentioned in the english dub so I don't consider to be a part of the official canon, although it is a sufficient explanation.

You should take a look at:
Naruto Anime - Episode 90 [ANBU-AonE sub] 3 min and 26 seconds in or
Naruto Manga - Volume 18 Chapter 154 Page 5 Panel 4

Though if you don't want to waste the time you can just trust that I have done this and am not making up my facts out of thin air.

@Kraco my comment wasn't directed at you. I neglected to add in an @Abdula but it was directed at him since I felt he was either ignoring or ignorant of the Shizune-Dan-Tsunade relationship.

Abdula
Fri, 11-16-2007, 08:23 PM
That why I said as far as I know, I didn't think you were making it up out of thin air I just don't remember it being mentioned that is all. Shizune's backstory is not something I'm interested in so its not something I would remember.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-16-2007, 11:48 PM
I thought a tool was a synonym for douchebag...

Psyke
Fri, 11-16-2007, 11:51 PM
also, i couldn't help but wonder where Danzou got all his injuries from... Probably in one of Konoha's wars? He looks like one tough motehrfucker.

He was competing with The Third for the place of the Hokage right? That's gotta make him pretty strong, although we don't know how many years he's been out of action.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-17-2007, 12:07 AM
He was competing with The Third for the place of the Hokage right? That's gotta make him pretty strong, although we don't know how many years he's been out of action.Yeah, you'd think that if he was competing for the position of Hokage that they would have made him Hokage after Jiraiya turned them down.

It's like, you know how the rest of the Naruto world is all badass ninjas and Konoha is a bunch of Lawful Good pussies? This guy strikes me as the kind of guy that wants Konoha to be more cutthroat.

Of course, I'm totally talking out of my ass because the guy has bearly said two words so far.

masamuneehs
Sat, 11-17-2007, 12:32 AM
one thing that Tsunade mentioned is that Danzou led a hard-line faction during the Third Hokage's era, but that that faction had collapsed... DB's very questionable translations say that, although Danzou was able to found the Root division of ANBU (which he commanded): "Root has been disbanded, and he (Danzou) has already fallen into disgrace".

Now, regardless of the confusion about Root being disbanded or not (i mean, they just said that Sai is from Root, and so you imagine it's not entirely disbanded...) this pretty clearly implies that Danzou's power and political reputation in Konoha is less now than what it once was. So, considering this, it seems Danzou didn't have the support to be seriously considered for Hokage after the Third died...

I don't really know... but Tsunade's reference to Danzou's hard-line party losing power and him being "in disgrace" makes me wonder if his downfall might have had something to do with the important events in Konoha history that we know of (the Uchiha massacre, the war against the Sand, the war against the Thunder, Orochimaru's defection).

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Was he really competing against the Third? DB's subs say that he lead a party that was against the Third's policies, making him something like our opposition leader, but it doesn't say he was in anyway strong enough to compete for the title Hokage. Shikamaru shows his wit again, he didn't waste any time. While it looked like they were observing Naruto's fight, he sent out his shadow to assist.

I didn't notice Sai's clothing much at all really. It's mostly in the ED that I tend to, and even then it's not making an impact anymore. This pissing Naruto off part, it's just as when Team Kakashi first started out, only difference being Sakura was drooling over Sasuke.

Assertn
Sat, 11-17-2007, 03:37 AM
What? Shizune's a tool now? She's the main disciple of the Hokage. I think that is a pretty decent accomplishment in of itself. Besides, Sakura also holds respect and obedience towards Tsunade, so its not just Shizune.

I think the real tools are those two chuunin that always get stuck doing bitch work like carrying boxes around or sitting and watching the main Konoha entrance.

Edit: Was it just me, or did it seem like a few major points about Danzou had been left out of the anime?

Kraco
Sat, 11-17-2007, 03:50 AM
What? Shizune's a tool now? She's the main disciple of the Hokage. I think that is a pretty decent accomplishment in of itself. Besides, Sakura also holds respect and obedience towards Tsunade, so its not just Shizune

Shizune has been following Tsunade since forever. During all those lousy gambling years. So, you could say she has beem tying her destiny to that of Tsunade no matter what she did. Thus, you can say she's a genuine minion.

Sakura, however, is not tied to Tsunade in that sense. She's just learning medical skills from her. Other than that she's like any other chuunin around: Doing missions, living her own life, belonging to a team (that does not contain Tsunade).

And those comedic paper carrying chuunin are even less connected to her. They are regular Konoha ninja who happen to be assigned to such a work. No doubt it's only a temporary period of their career.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Are we mixing up "tool" here with "follower/student/disciple"? I'm taking tool here to mean someone who's being used, without using the other person in return. The latter case is called co-operation. Sakura may indeed belong to her own team, but I would imagine her life in the past 2.5 years to be training and serving Tsunade, much as Shizune might have done earlier in her life. Only now her job is closer to that of an attendant, and given her relationship with Tsunade (you can call it her uncle's fiancee if you ignore the master/disciple one), and we haven't been told of any other family members, it's only natural that she follow her around, and assist/criticize her not unlike how a sibling would.

edit: tool implies that the person is a pawn. Used for a greater purpose, and completely dispensable. The "master" of that tool most likely has no emotional connections to he/her, and feels no shame in using that person to do whatever task the master desires. I don't think this quite fits the Tsunade/Shizune scenario.

Haku could have indeed be considered a classic example of a tool, if it wasn't for the last part where Zabuto cries, though he indeed didn't feel any shame when he was USING him, it was only after his death and some Naruto-talk that he felt guilty/moved.

edit 2: or maybe the three sound ninjas Orochimaru used in the Chuunin exam. I doubt he had any feelings for them really.

fifafreak18
Sat, 11-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Am i the only one that noticed you could seethe top of Sai's thighs at the end of the ep? I didn't mind his look before because they covered his entire lower body and most of his upper but they cut off about 6 inches of his clothes at the end.

In the Shizune case, i think she showed enough independence from Tsunade to not be considered a tool, besides the council or whatever shizune is the only person that can talk to her casually (besides naruto who has no respect for authority anyways).

Abdula
Sat, 11-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Danzou was indeed competing for the position of third Hokage against Sarutobi, DB did a very bad job with the translation as usual. I don't think root has been disbanded or that Danzou has fallen into disgrace because if that had happened they wouldn't regard him so highly and be looking to him to make such important decisions regarding Naruto and Konoha. I think the reasons he didn't become hokage after Sarutobi died is for one, if he was competing for the position of the third and Sarutobi was in his 70's i believe when he died that would mean that Danzou would be in his 70's aswell, so he is just too old. The other reason would be that he has obviously sustained a lot of injuries in that past as you can clearly see from his appearance so I doubt he would be able to do much in terms of combat.

Since you all seem to be defending Shizune I guess I should talk about her too. I don't think "tool" was the best word to use to describe her as it has a very loose interpretation.I think she is a very capable ninja as I have said before I just want her to do something so I can have a reason to like her, because for the most part she is just a pencil pusher, although she does lead a supposedly very strong squad and she did perform some serious medical jutsus at the end of the Sasuke retrieval arc.

@ fifafreak18: I think you're to only one who was staring at sai's exposed skin enough to notice.

@Kraco: I hope you are not talking about the two ninjas I think you're talking about because they are way too bad ass to even be considered tools.

Kraco
Sun, 11-18-2007, 04:01 AM
@Kraco: I hope you are not talking about the two ninjas I think you're talking about because they are way too bad ass to even be considered tools.

Eh? Maybe you should read again what I wrote...

Assertn
Sun, 11-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Danzou was indeed competing for the position of third Hokage against Sarutobi, DB did a very bad job with the translation as usual. I don't think root has been disbanded or that Danzou has fallen into disgrace because if that had happened they wouldn't regard him so highly and be looking to him to make such important decisions regarding Naruto and Konoha. I think the reasons he didn't become hokage after Sarutobi died is for one, if he was competing for the position of the third and Sarutobi was in his 70's i believe when he died that would mean that Danzou would be in his 70's aswell, so he is just too old. The other reason would be that he has obviously sustained a lot of injuries in that past as you can clearly see from his appearance so I doubt he would be able to do much in terms of combat.
Yes, Danzou did compete for the position of Hokage against Sarutobi, and was expecting the position after Sarutobi died. I believe he was the military strategist of the Hokage council, but he tended to have a more aggressive personality, which is why he wasn't favored as a candidate. Also, roots was indeed disbanded.

I think these are all the details that somehow disappeared in this episode :confused:

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-19-2007, 01:26 AM
was this detail missing from the anime itself or due to DB's mistranslation?

Abdula
Mon, 11-19-2007, 02:09 AM
Due to DB's mistranslation

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Even given DB's a speedsubber, that's pretty sad.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 11-21-2007, 04:27 PM
was it just me or did the art seem to get 10x better in next weeks preview?

it also looks as if the arc is getting started, no filler necessary.

Abdula
Wed, 11-21-2007, 04:31 PM
There haven't been any fillers in Shippuden.

Assertn
Wed, 11-21-2007, 05:54 PM
You could consider the clone fight episode to be a filler episode.

I mean.....it pretty much had 0 manga content in it....

Abdula
Wed, 11-21-2007, 08:03 PM
If they stuck to only what was in the manga an episode would be 10 minutes long.

Yukimura
Wed, 11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
More like 2 minutes. There were only 5 pages depicting the team Gai fights, two before the fights even started, two showing them actually battling, and one showing them standing over their defeated foes (albeit several chapters later). The anime added enough material for at least two full episodes just from those five pages of fighting.