PDA

View Full Version : Bleah 148

rgrintz
Wed, 11-14-2007, 07:05 PM
out by DB:

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b148.torrent

itadakimasu
Wed, 11-14-2007, 08:15 PM
i hate when i type typos to open a thread...

can't wait to see the ep, have to wait until i get home though to watch it because i'm having class right now. anyhow... doing my part to share the wealth here, uploading @ 1.5Mbps on the schools network ^T^

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/bbaucom/untitled.jpg

BioAlien
Wed, 11-14-2007, 10:05 PM
uploading @ 1.5Mbps on the schools network ^T^

:D
Thanks.
Currently downloading a 1.1Mbps.

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
I dare say, this is turning out to be the best filler arc i've ever seen in any anime recently. The story behind the rogue shinigami is actually pretty convincing, and the new hollow villains are decent. I'm liking all the character designs. I'm liking too, how the anime is going over the ecology and the natural order of things in Huenco Mundo more than the manga ever did.

I loved that whole 'Nel is an arrancar' skit that the nel bros tried to impress the other hollow with haha, hilarious.

DDBen
Thu, 11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
First off this episode itself wasn't all that bad I like the rogue shinigami and his overall story and hey if your going to put in filler the concept isn't that bad.

The problem I'm having with this is that Rukia of all people is 1 hitting Menos Grande when the heck did she get anywhere near that powerful. The result of making Menos look like such udder cannon fodder hurts the overall story for me.

Its one thing for Ichigo to do it its another for someone well below even a vice captain ranking wise to be doing things like that without releasing or using any sort of strategy or heck even breaking a sweat.

D.Kev
Thu, 11-15-2007, 04:27 AM
Yes i also like the way this is turning out, we actually get to see real adjucas for the first time too. Its also shows shinigami doing their real job slaying hollows to protect humans. haha.

The problem I'm having with this is that Rukia of all people is 1 hitting Menos Grande when the heck did she get anywhere near that powerful. The result of making Menos look like such udder cannon fodder hurts the overall story for me.

If i recall rukia *is* supposed to be quite powerful, strong enough to be a seated officer but her brother just pulled strings so she wouldnt be put in dangerous situations. She also 1 shot an arrancar without breaking a sweat, and arrancar are supposedly stronger than these menos grandes.

Janusz
Thu, 11-15-2007, 07:31 AM
If i recall rukia *is* supposed to be quite powerful, strong enough to be a seated officer but her brother just pulled strings so she wouldnt be put in dangerous situations. She also 1 shot an arrancar without breaking a sweat, and arrancar are supposedly stronger than these menos grandes.

That arrancar was a complete failure, at least that's what all the others said about him. Remember that Nel is an arrancar as well, and she's completely goof. Not saying Rukia isn't powerful, her shikai is obviously pretty cool, just saying being an arrancar doesn't automatically make you more powerful than a Menos.

Don't like where this is going. As DDBen said, Menos Grande are utter cannon fodder right now. Yeah they shouldn't be a problem for Ichigo, but Rukia killing three with a single swordhit is just, well, not reasonable. That adjuchas continously shouting "Go Gillian", "Gillian, do this", "Gillian, do that" is utterly lame as well. He's also made much more powerful than he should be. Remember that a Vasto Lorde was supposed to be on captain level, so adjuchas should be about vice captain or so? Then he should have been dead when Rukia en Ashido got a direct hit, not have two scratches on his arms.

And I still don't get how he could have faked Ichigo's reiatsu.

Kraco
Thu, 11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
While I think this filler arc actually seems pretty promising, especially as far as Bleach fillers in general go, the same thing still bothered me as well. I still remember how it was pretty thrilling indeed in the early Bleach episodes when the Gillian suddenly appeared in the real world and everybody was ready to shit their pants, and they were barely able to send the lone Gillian back where it came from, but not destroy it.

I never like it how fillers usually disregard all canon power levels, for both protagonists and antagonists, and treat everything as simple hack'n'slash cannon fodder. It happens nearly every time.

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Well... they said that to become an arrancar who resembled a human you had to be at least Vasto Lorde... because those below turned out like Grand Fisher, who most likely was an Adjucha.

And since the 'rank' is Vasto Lorde -> Adjucha -> Gillian.. it is not farfetched for the Adjucha to order them around.

Also... if Rukia was unable to hurt a Gillian, what chance would she have against Adjuchas, Vast Lorde and Arrancar?

Although about the power levels... I do wonder about Nel... wtf? Heck... 'good' hollows is still a little hard to swallow... weren't they all supposed to be 'fallen' souls or whatever?

Uberbaka
Thu, 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Well isn't there supposed to be quite a gap between individual Gillian strenghts? How some of them are powerful enough to evolve while the rest just.. well.. suck? Maybe these are the weaker ones?

And I wasn't too surprised about Rukia being powerful, isn't she supposed to be pretty strong considering her killing that humanoid arrancar + defeating the sand guardian (although temporarily)?

DDBen
Thu, 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Guys your truely overestimating Rukia's past deeds. First the Arrancar she defeated was taken out when she was released and had surprize on her side it was done purely with a special attack. The "sand Guardian" is weak against water... Ice is frozen water and as such Rukia had a type advantage over it. Rukia has barely fought in between here and regardless of her maybe being good enough to be seated at the start she still crapped herself at the site of a single Gillian in the real world.

The fact is hollows should be much stronger on there home turf and while a normal Death God might get some boost I wouldn't imagine it to be more then a hollow would get in general. It simply seems odd someone who hasn't really trained or fought for most of the series is suddenly killing Gillian in one hit with a unreleased sword and about as much effort as it takes me to swat a fly.

I'll buy Ichigo can do that with his sword in constant release as it is. Renji maybe as he has managed to get closer to captain level by obtaining Bankai and training constantly. Chad and ishada are a long shot as we know they trained a ton but haven't seen enough results to gauge current power. Rukia is a spell caster she's not even close to Captain level and I'd expect any vice captain to have to release to kill a Gillian. Those who can do that and still have a Bankai should be able to take on more powerful foes. As it stands I just don't hold Rukia to being at that level of pure strength/skill right now.

@RyougaZell No its been said to have a 100% chance to become a humanoid Arrancar you need to be a Vaste lorde its also been said if Aizen had that many Vaste Lorde Arrancar that he would have already won its doubtful that even a majority of the Espada are Vaste Lorde much less all Arrancar.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
In the first episode she was strong enough to be a seated officer (AKA not fit to lick the boots of Uryu with his power glove) and from then to when Aizen took the Hougyoku out of her she was essentially powerless. She had a few weeks to train from when Ichigo went back to the real world to when Hitsugaya's team came to the real world (ignoring the filler arc), by that point she could kill a weak Arrancar with her releases special ability. Then there was another month of her training with Orihime in SS (as if this would make anyone stronger). So her power level should be first episode level plus six or seven weeks of potential off screen training.

Realistically this shouldn't be enough time to go from shitting one's self in fear of an opponent to being able to one shot them, but it's not really unprecedented in Bleach. I believe Ishida only trained with his new bow for a week or two before the SS arc and he forced a captain to bankai (while significantly weakened due to poisoning), and Chad was able to completely steam roll grunt Shinigami after only a week or two of training with Yoruichi.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 11-16-2007, 02:20 AM
I don't see a problem with Rukia killing Gillian. We gotta remember that for most of the series, Rukia's powers have either been suppressed (All of the SS arc, thanks to the Hougyoku) or recovering (Bounto +filler arc). She really only got her full powers back this arc. D-roy the arrancar was a gillian too wasn't he? Considering Aizen is gathering Menos for his army, he wouldn't bother using the hoyukoku (sp?) on a regular hollow. D-roy had to be at least a menos.

Plus, I think Hitsugaya stated that a lieutenant class shinigami should be as strong as an Adjuchas, and since Rukia is described as being as strong as a seated officer (BEFORE the events of Ep 1 started, comment by Renji i think), that is sufficient explanation for me on why she can 1 hit KO a menos.

DDBen
Fri, 11-16-2007, 03:14 AM
Plus, I think Hitsugaya stated that a lieutenant class shinigami should be as strong as an Adjuchas, and since Rukia is described as being as strong as a seated officer (BEFORE the events of Ep 1 started, comment by Renji i think), that is sufficient explanation for me on why she can 1 hit KO a menos.

This keeps being stated but a seated officer goes down a LOT farther then Lieutenant. Seats just generally mean you can release your sword in the first place.

The fact is Rukia is also introduced in the beginning after whenever Renji last saw her and virtually crapped herself at the sight of a Menos and was amazed Ichigo could so much as wound the thing forget killing it. There is not even the most remote question she would have Zero chance against a Gillian before the first episode.

Also note I don't mind she can kill a Gillian that was never the problem. Its killing them effortlessly in 1 swing without so much as releasing her sword or using any spells that seems totally unreasonable to me at least.

Yukimura
Fri, 11-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Remember that guy Ishida fought who was the 4th seat of squad 7? Ishida didn't even break a sweat and he completely robbed that guy of his powers.

Something else I noticed, they messed with the scale of the Menos a lot. The one Ichigo fought was so large his head didn't even come up above it's foot, but somehow standard length swords can cut all the way through them...

Aeon
Fri, 11-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Oh crap I don't read the manga and I haven't been keeping up with gotwoot much. I had no idea this arc was filler. This arc is the best I've seen in Bleach and Ashido is freaking awesome. Almost better then all real Bleach characters.

itadakimasu
Fri, 11-16-2007, 03:52 PM
the hueco mundo arc itself is not filler. Ashido and the menos / adjuc's is filler though.

ForteCross
Wed, 11-21-2007, 06:23 AM
the flash back of ashido were lame, the showed us the same thing with 'negative' (thats whats called in english the photo thing?) effect of the last 3 secs. but overall i like this filler (didnt saw the bounto one)