PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Harold & Kumar 2

Idealistic
Fri, 11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/haroldandkumar2/large.html

Looks pretty funny.

Lucifus
Fri, 11-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Best news i've had in a couple weeks! If its anything like its predecessor, this is gonna be the funniest movie of the year.:D

Animeniax
Sun, 11-11-2007, 10:32 AM
I didn't like the first one much, and since I'm yellow, that says something. I didn't like how Kumar kept getting his buddy Harold in trouble. I also don't like how Indians refer to themselves as Asians, but that's another subject. I hope the second one is better. We need more Asian buddy films, and I don't mean Rush Hour (especially 2 and 3).

Assassin
Sun, 11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
haha can't wait to see this...anyone know when its coming out? Also, what's that song that plays during the trailer? i've heard it so many times but i dont know the name.

dsh1202
Wed, 11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
looks like its gonna be a great movie. really funny, cant wait till it comes out

PSJ
Thu, 11-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Indians are asians aren't they? I assume you mean people from India and not native americans.....

I just saw the first one the other day and it was awesome. I like the cast alot. Ryan Reynolds had a small part to, he rules.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
*Bump*

For all of you who want to know, the movie is being released on the 25th of April. I'm having my asian friend and my white friend go with me. That way, we have a Harrold, a Kumar (I'm brown BTW), and Neil Patrick Harris lol.

darkmetal505
Thu, 04-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Kumar gets stopped by airport security (http://www.heavy.com/video/42509#/channel/214003)

Animeniax
Fri, 04-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I checked imdb and the official title is Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay. Wtf is that? Too funny. This should be better than the first movie.

Kumar gets stopped by airport security (http://www.heavy.com/video/42509#/channel/214003)
Just watched the clip, ugh. There were so many ways they could have handled the situation to make it funny and they kind of went weaksauce with it. Disappointing.

I was singled out for additional screening at the airport along with this other yellow girl, and I said to her, "must be an Asian thing" and she laughed. That was funnier than Kumar calling that guy Matthew Perry, since he doesn't look like him at all. Making fun of his light skin color was funny, but barely. Also, he played up the "minority with narcotics" argument, when he should have said something about them assuming he is a terrorist because he's brown. It's the more obvious joke, but it would have been funnier to see how they dealt with the stereotype.

darkmetal505
Fri, 04-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Ani, the reason don't use the terrorist card is because they save it for the plane scene.

Animeniax
Fri, 04-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Hmm, good point. I guess if they used it too often it would get old quick, though I imagine that's the subplot of the entire movie. Just it's not realistic that he'd feel singled out and use the "minority with narcotics" defense, unless he actually has narcotics on him.

Kal Penn (Kumar) played a Muslim character in an episode of NYPD Blue where his family gets harassed because of their religion and culture following the 9/11 attacks.

Assassin
Fri, 04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
well considering the type of movie this is, theres a good chance that he did have some weed on him :p

Animeniax
Fri, 04-11-2008, 11:42 PM
I think I would have preferred he went into a third world sorry-no-speakee mode when questioned by the TSA agent at the airport. That's what I do sometimes when people stereotype me, I suddenly don't speak English and just repeat what they say with a confused look on my face and mix up their questions or mess up what they tell me to do. I have fun with it, since getting mad doesn't help.

well considering the type of movie this is, theres a good chance that he did have some weed on him :p
Maybe, but they are going to Amsterdam, so they could wait until they got there to buy their weed.

rockmanj
Sat, 04-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Well, could you see them going for that long without getting baked? They are chronic weedheads.

Animeniax
Sat, 04-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Smoking on the plane is against the law. They have smoke detectors in the latrines too.

I wouldn't say they are chronic potheads. They seemed more like casual stoners. Harold had a steady corporate job and Kumar was going to start med school.

darkmetal505
Sat, 04-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Movie wasn't as good as the first. It had too much of a serious tone in some places.

That poem was baller though.

Eurasian
Mon, 04-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Haha I love the poem.
"I’m sure that I will always be
A lonely number like root three."
Whoever wrote it is like my hero.

The movie wasn't that bad...It was just like really, really ridiculous! Probably even more than the first movie.