PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 329

rgrintz
Wed, 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
here's the inp release:

http://tracker.anirena.com/details.php?id=2782&hit=1

Assertn
Wed, 11-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Hmm...didn't even realize there were 2 previously released since the last thread already...

Anyway...it was sweet to see more of the soldier dock system stuff. The arc in itself has remained fairly entertaining. However, if they attempt to somehow make these villains into any sort of considerable threat, then I'll probably lose all interest.

Kraco
Thu, 11-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Well, all I hope is that Zoro gets a good fight. Even without a third sword (unless he borrows one that ultimately breaks before the arc ends, thus returning things to normal).

Luffy's best fights are a bit more creative most of the time and thus I wouldn't necessarily dare to hope a filler could present anything amazing for him (though One Piece fillers are much better than some I won't mention here).

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Anyway...it was sweet to see more of the soldier dock system stuff. The arc in itself has remained fairly entertaining. However, if they attempt to somehow make these villains into any sort of considerable threat, then I'll probably lose all interest.Odd. I would think it would be the opposite.

I guess it depends how long the arc goes. The long a filler arc is, the tougher I expect the badguys to be.

Weak joke badguys are fine for 3-4 episode arcs. But if its one of those "we're gonna pretend we're making a "real" arc" arcs with 10+ episodes, they badguys better be made to seem like they're capable of winning.

Assertn
Sat, 11-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Odd. I would think it would be the opposite.

I guess it depends how long the arc goes. The long a filler arc is, the tougher I expect the badguys to be.

Weak joke badguys are fine for 3-4 episode arcs. But if its one of those "we're gonna pretend we're making a "real" arc" arcs with 10+ episodes, they badguys better be made to seem like they're capable of winning.
I dunno....I always find the battles where bad guys grossly underestimate the good guys to be very enjoyable, especially after lots of real serious fights.

Like how badly Luffy beat down the spring guy...or even back in the DBZ days, when Gohan confronted that General Tao guy. I love seeing those WTF moments from the villains when they get owned.

But in all honesty though....it's pretty outrageous to claim that this group of no-name hunters is strong enough to compete with the combined $600 billion bounty of the straw hats. There are shichibukai with bounties comparable to that of Luffy's...

Kraco
Sat, 11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I dunno....I always find the battles where bad guys grossly underestimate the good guys to be very enjoyable, especially after lots of real serious fights.

Like how badly Luffy beat down the spring guy... ... I love seeing those WTF moments from the villains when they get owned.

That's a very good point, and I agree. Still, the whole Spring guy incident was a very special one, because it was tied to the earlier scene where Luffy and Zoro had refused to fight. And also that particular fight wasn't really much of a significance in the bigger picture, thus they could play with it just for extra cool factor.

However, the whole suspence in this arc is supposed to be derived from those skater goons, as far as we know, so they should offer some resistance or this will turn pretty meaningless. Still, I can't deny your argument, and thus I only hope these fellows aren't made "strong" by making the Strawhats weak (as it oft is with fillers in any series).

conquistaDan
Wed, 11-14-2007, 09:34 PM
But in all honesty though....it's pretty outrageous to claim that this group of no-name hunters is strong enough to compete with the combined $600 billion bounty of the straw hats. There are shichibukai with bounties comparable to that of Luffy's...

^^
$600 million, not $600 billion.