RyougaZell
Fri, 11-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Direct Download
http://s02.mangashare.com/releases/Bleach_298%5BMS%5D.zip

Holy Shi...nigami!

Awesome chapter...

Abdula
Fri, 11-02-2007, 06:09 PM
I would half expect a captain from research corps to come to fight (Save Renji and Ishida). Or save Chad - because Chad with his hollow would make and interesting research subject. Scientist vs Scientist :) They would analyze each other to death :)

Looks like you were right but I really never expected Mayuri to show up and he’s got a new face to boot. Byakuya is there obviously but I really wanted to see Hitsugaya again but I guess we’re going to get to see the other captains in action this time. Wow four captains and three vice captains. Really want to see if Zaraki has developed some new techniques or if he is still just hack and slash, know for sure that Byakuya and Mayuri must have. Thought the dialogue in this chapter was pretty funny Yachiru and Zaraki are hilarious as usual but thought that Unohana and Isane saying that they are simply here to heal injuries and have no intention of fighting was really funny.

Looks like Redemption really is here, I wonder if Kubo intentionally made the previous chapters in this arc boring so that everyone would be overly excited about Bleach now.

- Interesting note: The Wikipedia page has already been updated.

big_ac
Fri, 11-02-2007, 06:15 PM
All those who doubted Kubo Tite can suck his balls! Bleach is back, baby! The matchups are perfect. People have been proposed Kurotsuchi Mayuri almost as a joke, but he's back, and with an even gayer headpiece! Byakuya was an obvious choice, but, why Unohana? Now that Orihime's back with the group, they hardly need the healing captain.

DDBen
Fri, 11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Um I don't know what you guys are talking about with this "bleach is back" stuff. This is identical to the SS arc when all the captains showed up to back ichigo and company after they found out which captains betrayed them. Seriously there is nothing new here even if these fights turn out to be halfway decent.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-02-2007, 08:44 PM
well, at least they brought in some new guys, it'll be cool to see new fighting moves from the captains. Mayuri is probably sick with exicetment, so he'll fight to his very best and we all know that doctor-like charecters in anime are the most twisted in terms of fighting, so the 4th division chick will defintally bust out some killer moves.

also, from the looks of it, Kenpachi's sword is still grinded, so I don't think he has managed to release so far.. but it may all be a trick, really.
the 7th espade seems like a nice Tousen-like person, he doesn't taunt Bakuya about Rukia laying down in the gutter, but he doesn't hide the truth either, he's cool about what he does.

.noname.silent
Fri, 11-02-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm hoping Unohana does fight, can't wait what she does.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 11-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't think that the sudden appearance of the captains has necessarily saved bleach but I got to admit I'm a helluva alot more interested in it then I've been in months. I got to say though soul society is absolutely tearing through hueco mundo.

I mean Aizen has lost one espada, he's had 3 throughly roughed up (Grimjaw, Zerpollo, and Nornitera) most of the espada have been forced to use their releases in combat.

If each captain win's their respective battle. Aizen's forces will be cut in half. The only thing he'll really have that'll be able to contend with soul society's forces will be Espada's #4 and up and of course Gin, Touson, and himself but it seems like he's not as all powerful as originally conceived.

Originally when his arrancar forces were first revealed Hitsguya said that if Aizen had 10 Vastro lordes on his side that soul society was doomed. Then when Ulquirra came back to Hueco Mundo Aizen told him to give his report to his twenty or so brothers & sisters, implying that they were all vastro lords. But since then we've seen that only a handful of those characters were even espada and most were just generic gillian/Adjuca based numeros.

So at most I'd say Aizen has maybe 4 Vastro lordes and they compose the upper echelons of the espada.

I'm hoping poor Aizen gets some sort of power boost or introduces some kind of super Arrancar just because come winter it's not looking like much of a very fair fight.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-02-2007, 09:12 PM
well, it's not as if Aizen ever cared about the arrancar, he's just using them to test out the hougokyu.
after all the arranacers are gone, he'll just move to his next stronghold, like princess peach.
when he finishes all of his research about the dark matter, he could go and take over the position as king spirit, and by using that hogokyu to turn himself into a vaizard (or even a cooler creture) he could rule over all the shinigamis and the Hollows, thus bringing peace to the spirit world as it's sole dictator until the end of time.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 11-02-2007, 09:54 PM
The arrancar may be tools, but if Aizen is going to get to the next stage of his plan and raid the spirit kingdom he's still going to need them to be effective tools to combat the opposition from soul society.

As far as I see it only 4 out of the ten espada are of any use. The rest probably won't be able to shit against the majority of captains.

I mean think about it even in the raid against the real world to capture Orhime Hitsguya was able to nearly take out Luppi the then #6 espada and Urahara didn't even seem to break a sweat against Yammi.

Soul Society combined with the vaizards would be more then enough, then again we don't really know what role the vaizards are going to play in all this in the end. Still waiting for Ichigo to meet Shinji so he can explain how he knows about Aizen the Hygyoko and what not seeing how they're connection still has yet to be explained.

Also one last thing to note with the black guy being named as the 7th espada that leaves only three left that have been unnamed.

My guess as to they're rankings are.

#3 The old Guy
#2 Big breasted girl
#1 Lazy guy

Well here's hoping that Kenpachi learned his soul slayers name.

itadakimasu
Fri, 11-02-2007, 10:31 PM
interesting choice of captains to send in.i'm still hoping the vaizards show up at some point.

also, want to see yachiru fight !!!!!

Abdula
Fri, 11-02-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't see what the problem is, Aizen never cared about any of the espada, I know I certainly don't and it seemed to me like they all knew that they were expendable from the very beginning. Also we know very little about Aizen's goals and we know that Aizen, Gin and Tosen are way more powerful than the espada besides hollows appear to be an infinitely renewable resource. Aizen was always very laid back and was never in a hurry to achieve any of his goals so Aizen is not going to do anything major until he fully awakens the Hōgyoku.

I’m really not interested in the Vaizards at this point there existence still needs to be explained, Yachiru beating on some hollows would be hilarious.

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Fri, 11-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Holy hell and ownage, this chapter was awesome. I can't wait to see the fights.

Byakuya was an obvious choice, but, why Unohana? Now that Orihime's back with the group, they hardly need the healing captain.

Yeah they do need her. Orihime may be able to heal serious wounds that Unohana may not but she still has way more skill and experience in healing. Not to mention that she can fight better then Orihime. Also SS didn't have a guarantee the Orihime would be in any condition to heal anybody if something happened. She has been a prisoner after all and they had no idea how she would be treated.

also, want to see yachiru fight !!!!!

Oh hell yes!

Kensee
Sat, 11-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Yep, I liked this chapter. It's great seeing Kenpachi one shotting that one guy. I can't wait to see their new abilities and such.

It took me like 2 or 3 re-reads to finally figure out who exactly was saving/fighthing who. The pictures kept flipping through all of them.

Anyhow, can't wait till next week!

TheBladeChild
Sat, 11-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Looks like you were right but I really never expected Mayuri to show up and he’s got a new face to boot. Byakuya is there obviously but I really wanted to see Hitsugaya again but I guess we’re going to get to see the other captains in action this time. Wow four captains and three vice captains. Really want to see if Zaraki has developed some new techniques or if he is still just hack and slash, know for sure that Byakuya and Mayuri must have. Thought the dialogue in this chapter was pretty funny Yachiru and Zaraki are hilarious as usual but thought that Unohana and Isane saying that they are simply here to heal injuries and have no intention of fighting was really funny.

Looks like Redemption really is here, I wonder if Kubo intentionally made the previous chapters in this arc boring so that everyone would be overly excited about Bleach now.

- Interesting note: The Wikipedia page has already been updated.

lol dont u mean 4 vice captains?, Renji is one too.

Abdula
Sat, 11-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Yes, I know Renji is a vice captain but he was involved in the fight from the beginning I was only counting the people in the "rescue party."

Inazuma
Sat, 11-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Holy Shit, 289 & 287 really kicked some ass.
And that's some pretty heavy backup. Byakuya vs. Le Roux may be the fight of the century.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I dont get it. If Ichigo could take Kenpachi in the SS arc, then why is Kenpachi suddenly stronger than Ichigo? Could be situational I guess. I want to see Yurioichi fight! She is bad ass.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 11-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I've always seen kenpachi as stronger then Ichigo. In my view Ichigo never really won that fight, seeing as how he fell to just just managed to get a lucky hit with a getsuga tenshou. Plus if kenpachi has learned his soul slayers name then I think it's easy to imagine the kind of can of ass whoop he's about to unleash.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I think the point they made back in the SS Arc was that Ichigo could put out more spirit energy than Zaraki when he was backed against a wall and going for broke. It's been a recurring theme that Ichigo's power is very elastic (like any shounen hero). He's always been able to tap into insane depths of strength at need but his everyday baseline power has been steadily growing as the show progresses. When he fought Zaraki he didn't have anywhere near as much baseline strength as Zaraki, but he went to the edge and summoned enough power to beat him when he needed it. Since then he's undergone lots of training and his baseline power has gotten much larger, but I suspect even now he is outclassed by Zaraki in terms of energy put out just by breathing. But with luck we'll get to see a Zaraki release though and it'll be time for Ichigo to play catch-up again.

Inazuma
Tue, 11-06-2007, 06:38 PM
From the beginning, Zaraki fights for fun. His ennemies dying(or not; Ikkaku/Ichigo) is a mere result of his "hobby". I think Kenpachi just doesn't fight seriously, he isn't in for the kill, he's in for the thrill. When he lost against Ichigo he just got careless and got overpowered for a split second.
About what's up ahead, he stops Tesla then Noitra attacks without showing any form of effort. The match is settled it's obvious Kenpachi will own Noitra's ass in a flash. Yachiru fighting him though, could be way more interesting.

t I really wanted to see Hitsugaya again but I

Please no more, Icy Midget is everywhere. Movie, OVAs, fillers ... enough.

Abdula
Tue, 11-06-2007, 06:48 PM
"Icy Midget" how can you not like him?

dimitris127
Wed, 11-07-2007, 03:12 AM
ice midget...lol..that's a good one...well i wanted to see the hollow of ichigo doing the work and upgrading the powers of ichigo again...but zaraki i don't mind him butting in one bit...also about the zaraki ichigo thing and who is stronger...normal ichigo<zaraki serious ichigo=zaraki hollow ichigo>zaraki that's the way i see it

.noname.silent
Thu, 11-08-2007, 09:32 PM
nnoitora didnt even "release" yet...

Inazuma
Fri, 11-09-2007, 06:45 AM
It's fucking Zaraki Kenpachi, he won't kill Noitra until he releases just to see how fun and how tough that Nnoitra can be ... then ... yeah ... Nnoitra dies.