PDA

View Full Version : Smurfs

Jaitne
Fri, 10-26-2007, 09:17 PM
What are they really?

I mean.. if you think about it, Smurfs must reproduce by budding or fision. They were an all male race, and the one girl was made by the guy that wanted them all dead.. So.. if thye're not reproducing that way, they must be like insects, with one queen.

What does "I smurfed her" mean?

And are the smurfs communists? They wear all white, and the leader wears red. The only smurf that thinks differently is shunned and hated by most of the others because he's not conforming.

Idealistic
Fri, 10-26-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a828/a828_bm.gif

bagandscalpel
Sat, 10-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Gargamell should've just exploited the Smurfs as labor to mine gold, instead of trying to dabble in alchemy.

EDIT to below: My point exactly.

Jaitne
Sat, 10-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Gargamell should've just exploited the Smurfs as labor to mine gold, instead of trying to dabble in alchemy.

I always thought he wanted to make them into gold.. or something.

rockmanj
Sat, 10-27-2007, 01:39 AM
I thought he wanted to eat them.

Psyke
Sat, 10-27-2007, 01:47 AM
I don't remember much of the Smurfs. Only 2 things I remember are that they're blue, and the theme song.

Kraco
Sat, 10-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Yeah. I guess if I and Psyke were still 16, we also would remember smurfs a lot better... But now... Well, Psyke said it well enough.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-27-2007, 03:26 AM
The smurfs are raciest, commonist, chubanist and all bad things about earth.we got it when we were 10, It's not funny anymore.

that's what my book says, it's all written there, with the spelling errors.

what I relly want to know is how old is the smurf with the red hat is, and how old is the smurf with the yellow hat. also, thier english names could clear out some years old arguments around here...

also, I think they should've been a playable race in WoW.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-27-2007, 09:56 AM
I always thought he wanted to make them into gold.. or something.
ITT: We don't know what alchemy means.

Personally I never liked the Smurfs. I watched a bunch of Hanna Barbera cartoons, but the Smurfs and the Zorks (I think that's what the underwater people were called?) never interested me. I was more creeped out than entertained.

RyougaZell
Sat, 10-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Snorkels

bagandscalpel
Sat, 10-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Snorkels
WRONG.

It's Snorks

SNORKS

awjfgnwrjsfjdgl;sjghwaporgewh

Jaitne
Sat, 10-27-2007, 05:29 PM
WRONG.

It's Snorks

SNORKS

awjfgnwrjsfjdgl;sjghwaporgewh

Sounds like a drug, or something you do with one.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Sun, 10-28-2007, 02:42 AM
Gagamel wanted to eat the Smurfs. And in his attempt he made Smurfet to try and trick the Smurfs into his castle so he could eat them, but the over all goodness of the Smurf's village turned her good as well. Smurfs don't reproducer they just are did you ever see a baby Smurf. No because there never was one. They were made by some kind of magic.... The only thing I never really got was if the dude could make Smurfs why didn't he just make more to eat?

Edit: Oh yah and I Smurfed her in the Smurfin parking lot.

Turkish-S
Sun, 10-28-2007, 09:08 AM
dude.. there was a babysmurf.

http://images.google.nl/images?rlz=1B2GGIC_nlNL208NL209&hl=nl&q=babysmurf&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
i seem to remember the Smurfs being a "moral" driven show about a variety of classical cliche archetype characters living in a community and some typical maniacal villian out to get them. the show is to capture the interest of children ages 3-10...

...or a bunch of goofs on a small anime internet forum...

+1

Abdula
Mon, 10-29-2007, 04:33 PM
i seem to remember the Smurfs being a "moral" driven show about a variety of classical cliche archetype characters living in a community and some typical maniacal villian out to get them. the show is to capture the interest of children ages 3-10...

...or a bunch of goofs on a small anime internet forum...

+1

Which makes me wonder what you're doing here?

I'm here because I have nightmares about asexually reproducing little blue men and Snorks are why I don't go in the water anymore.

Kraco
Mon, 10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
You will only give birth to little blue men if you choose your future husband from the ranks of gotwooters... Whether it should be called asexual or sexual reproduction is a debatable matter, all things considered.

Abdula
Tue, 10-30-2007, 10:04 AM
I'd should have rephrased my statement, what I'm afraid of is little blue men, in white trousers with tails who live in mushrooms houses and asexually reproduce. The world must've been a very strange place in the 50's, Smurfs, yet another think we can thank the French for.

This thread is smurfing smurftastic. Smurf it all.

David75
Tue, 10-30-2007, 10:10 AM
I'd should have rephrased my statement, what I'm afraid of is little blue men, in white trousers with tails who live in mushrooms houses and asexually reproduce. The world must've been a very strange place in the 50's, Smurfs, yet another think we can thank the French for.

Well, the Smurfs debuted in Belgium and their creators are belgian.
The TV series was produced by Hanna Barbera from the USA.

So basically, the trauma wasn't caused by the French :D:D:D
Eventhough Peyo speaks French and the smurfs were first serialised in a french comic magazine.

Abdula
Tue, 10-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Well, the Smurfs debuted in Belgium and their creators are belgian.
The TV series was produced by Hanna Barbera from the USA.

So basically, the trauma wasn't caused by the French :D:D:D
Eventhough Peyo speaks French and the smurfs were first serialised in a french comic magazine.

Doesn't your last line prove me right?

David75
Tue, 10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Doesn't your last line prove me right?

Well not really, since it was serialized in French but in a Belgian mag (sorry for lack of precision in my previous message.)

So basically, French was only the language, not the nation providing the world with smurf stories. Belgians are the one you should hate for it :D
And the USA are responsible for making the smurfs a weapon of mass destruction through Hanna Barbera :D

Abdula
Tue, 10-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Well not really, since it was serialized in French but in a Belgian mag (sorry for lack of precision in my previous message.)

So basically, French was only the language, not the nation providing the world with smurf stories. Belgians are the one you should hate for it :D
And the USA are responsible for making the smurfs a weapon of mass destruction through Hanna Barbera :D

Isn't that what the USA always does? I can think of numerous examples.

Danad_corps
Sat, 11-03-2007, 01:55 AM
wow... I feel like im watching that scene in Donny Darko as Im reading these posts. I personally didn't watch the smurfs. They were a wee bit strange for me. Not only that, but it wasn't very funny and smurfette wasn't hot enough to hold my attention

Archangel
Wed, 07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
This thread deserves to be revived, lets continue discussing those adorable blue bastards.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow, you all suck big time. The smurfs ruled. Little blue mushroom men living in mushroom houses having a gay old time (as in clean, happy, asexual fun). Every day was a party. You know, until some crap came up, which was every week. If the show was still on, I'd watch it. It was actually filled with some rather good fantasy elements. The show occasionally featured an elven/fairy people and magic ran rampant. In fact, I'm now on a mission to get the entire series on DVD. Party poopers.

edit: "smurf" as a verb is the same as "fuck" as a verb, but with the polar opposite meaning in every case. As an adjective and an adverb, it lends a less vulgar connotation "I smurfed her in the smurfing parking lot." means "I helped her in the magical parking lot" because "to help" and "to fuck" are polar opposites. You might think "not fuck" is the polar opposite, but it's not, contrary to popular belief. Check http://www.merriam-webster.com/ for further details.

Archangel
Thu, 07-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Asexual way? I remember clearly of one episode when some bad guy created a girl smurf and those horny blue bastards were all over her.

Animeniax
Thu, 07-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah that was Gargamel who created Smurfette to seduce the smurfs, but she switched sides and joined them instead (typical female). I always hated Gargamel's cat, the Heretic Azrael.

David75
Thu, 07-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah that was Gargamel who created Smurfette to seduce the smurfs, but she switched sides and joined them instead (typical female). I always hated Gargamel's cat, the Heretic Azrael.

Remember the smurfette was darkhaired when she was evil, and turned blond when she switeched side and became a good girl.
Usual stereotype: black hair girl=bad blond hair girl=good.

Archangel
Thu, 07-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Lol only on cartoons, most of the bitches in the world are blonds ( most of them fake blonds but still... )

Animeniax
Thu, 07-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Remember the smurfette was darkhaired when she was evil, and turned blond when she switeched side and became a good girl.
Usual stereotype: black hair girl=bad blond hair girl=good.I was thinking the exact same thing when I posted. I've always preferred dark haired women myself, but blonds do have a certain throw-away appeal to them.

Honestly I think Smurfette and the smurfs' reaction to her was the wrong message for children. That's why we have Britney Spears and Paris Hilton today.

Lol only on cartoons, most of the bitches in the world are blondsThat's a pretty unfair (and probably untrue) stereotype.

Jaitne
Fri, 08-01-2008, 03:27 AM
There was a black smurf D:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Schtroumpfs_noirs

ChaosK
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:53 PM
"In a little mushroom village live the Smurfs, diminutive blue-skinned humanoid creatures. One day, one of them gets stung by a black fly that turns his skin jet black, drives him insane and reduces his vocabulary to the single word "gnap!". He bounces around and bites other Smurfs on their tail, which turns them into black Smurfs as well. Soon, almost everyone in the village has become a black Smurf, and Papa Smurf, the leader, tries to find a cure and cease the tail-biting black epidemic."

No hidden meaning here at all...

Abdula
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Freaking racists

Jaitne
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Well, they were communist. Everyone had their place and did their job. They were named after what they were supposed to do, and it all went directly towards the village.