PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 376

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 10-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Man am I disappointed in the gotwoot community. It's already thursday night nobody's even posted spoiler pics. Hell I found these just by googling naruto chapter 376. Enjoy.

http://naruto-xx.blogspot.com/2007/10/spoiler-pics-of-naruto-376.html

Looks like Jiraiya's got two frogs on his shoulder and an ugly ass nose. Can't wait to see what he does. Also seems like pein summons some of his other bodies as reinforcements.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 10-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Looks like Jiraiya is turning into a toad. And he has the others on his shoulders adding to his strength maybe? And Pein using the others could be sweet. Toads vs. Zombies!

conquistaDan
Fri, 10-26-2007, 02:49 AM
New Picture

http://aycu18.webshots.com/image/32977/2002076641442090034_rs.jpg

Yukimura
Fri, 10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Naruto 376 by MS Link 1 (http://s02.mangashare.com/releases/Naruto_376%5BMS%5D.zip)

Naruto 376 by MS Link 2 (http://s03.mangashare.com/releases/Naruto_376%5BMS%5D.zip)

Naruto 376 by helz0ne (http://rapidshare.com/files/65390813/376_ENG.rar)

Abdula
Fri, 10-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Finally we get a backstory on Jiraiya and we now know why he went around teaching somewhat random students. The destined child thing always bugs me whenever it is used but I'll let it slide in this circumstance seems to be yet another recurring theme in Naruto. This chapter seems to have hit me out of nowhere, I'll have to process it later as I was just laughing too much. The toads have always been my favorite summons but every other word out of their mouths had me rolling.

Sorry LobsterMagnet I had some spoilers and the raw pretty early just neglected to post anything.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Holy... huh?
Destined child? and... he works for Madara? Or has his own agenda?
And those new akatsuki... other of his bodies? Or real new enemies?

mr3vi1m0nk3y
Fri, 10-26-2007, 07:57 PM

If by real new enemies you mean current members of akatsuki then thats the same thing I'm wondering.

Assertn
Fri, 10-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Guys........
The toad sage said Jiraiya would train the destined child....

What if it's actually Naruto that's the destined child...?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, seeing how this is a shounen manga and Naruto at that, the cliche has to be fulfilled. To be honest Naruto is too stupid to be a destined anything.

Idealistic
Fri, 10-26-2007, 09:47 PM
C'mon, I want to see what the Rin'egan's powers are! Unless they have to do with all those summoning jutsus or something.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 10-27-2007, 02:11 AM
I like how Jiraiya became much more toadlike after his transformation, even if it is weird looking. I thought it was funny how the Great Sage predicted Jiraiya would become a pervert....it was just too funny.

I also think there's a possibility that Naruto is the referenced child, but awhat did he bring into the world which is revolutionary? The Kyuubi might have been sealed in any person, and it existed without Naruto. However, Nagato brought the Rin'egan back for the first time in centuries. So...how could it be Naruto and not Nagato?

So...next chapter we get a fight?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Am I the only one who read prophecy and thought "oh, it's an Harry Potter thing"?
well, the toads keep being cool, big family of toads, quite nice, even though I thought GamaKen was out of place...
Jiraya's super saiyan mode looks a bit too normal, someone should color him bright yellow to make it work, and make him loose all eyebrows.

destined child is obviously Naruto, and Jiraya is going to die, not doubt about it. Payne will kill him and dissappear for a few years (real life years) until everyone forgets about him.
Kcmmmmm. Narto is only 16, and he didn't grow a mustach yet, and no one can make a revoulution without growing one first. he still has a few more years.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 10-27-2007, 05:16 AM
Narto is only 16, and he didn't grow a mustach yet, and no one can make a revoulution without growing one first. he still has a few more years.

My apologies, you are absolutely right. I think Naruto would look good with a Lee Van Cleef 'stache, myself.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Guys........

That is pretty insightful. And here I thought that they were talking about the Fourth!

Idealistic
Sat, 10-27-2007, 03:08 PM
That is pretty insightful. And here I thought that they were talking about the Fourth!

I thought they were talking about one of the 4th's teammates.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 10-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I thought they were talking about one of the 4th's teammates.

The world may never know!

narutosharingan
Sat, 10-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Guys........

That would be a logical choice. Here is my problem. The great sage toad says that the child will bring peace to the world, or destroy it. On the last page, the hermit toads say that "yer the one who'll cause the destruction of the world" as they are talking to Pein. So doesn't that mean Pein is the reference of the Great toad?

Idealistic
Sat, 10-27-2007, 05:10 PM
That would be a logical choice. Here is my problem. The great sage toad says that the child will bring peace to the world, or destroy it. On the last page, the hermit toads say that "yer the one who'll cause the destruction of the world" as they are talking to Pein. So doesn't that mean Pein is the reference of the Great toad?

Yeah, it would make sense. I mean they are showing the flashback now so it should refer to Pain. I mean, unless Kishi just really loves to mess with our minds.

kAi
Sat, 10-27-2007, 08:36 PM

It doesn't necessarily mean that Pein is the destined child, even if Jiraiya said "yer the one who'll cause the destruction of the world", he could just have it mixed up and confused it with Pein as he's the biggest threat at the moment.

I'm not saying that Pein is not the destined child, it's that Kishimoto has left it open for discussion.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 10-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Anyone else thinking Vader, Luke and midi-chlorines?

joker-kun
Sat, 10-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Guys........

Kind of what I was thinking. Not so much that Naruto is the destined child but perhaps that he is definately part of this whole prohpecy. I'm starting to think that Jiraiya will realize that the decision he needs to make for peace to come is to die. Not saying that he'll let himself, but that he'll realize Naruto will avenge him, and in turn take down all the akatsuki eventually.

Viscero
Sun, 10-28-2007, 02:39 AM
Anyone else thinking Vader, Luke and midi-chlorines?

Heh, that's exactly what I was thinking. They thought Anakin would bring peace to the world but it ended up being Luke. So... Pein is Anakin and Naruto would be Luke. Heck they keep talking about Naruto... how everyone he meets becomes his friend and he'll bring peace to the world (they especially talk about this in the more recent shippuden episodes). The Naruto manga has too many repeating storylines.... History just keeps repeating itself.

February
Sun, 10-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Pain said that each of the Sannins have their own "unique ability"
Now, this chapter introduces the hermit mode as Jiraiya's
But what is Orochimaru's? The ability to prolong life? To summon the dead?
Tsunade's? Her chakra-saving forehead ability?

I hope we get to see something more cool than just detection and snake attack from the hermit mode.....it just feels like 2 talented frogs glued to Jiraiya's shoulders so far..

Assertn
Sun, 10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Well of course the point is to think Pein is the destined child. I think the two frogs even mentioned it when they were asking Jiraiya why he was fighting him.

I'm just saying that maybe they were wrong in their presumption...since the sage never explicitly stated which student would be the destined child.

KCMmmmm
Mon, 10-29-2007, 02:48 AM
Heh, that's exactly what I was thinking. They thought Anakin would bring peace to the world but it ended up being Luke. So... Pein is Anakin and Naruto would be Luke. Heck they keep talking about Naruto... how everyone he meets becomes his friend and he'll bring peace to the world (they especially talk about this in the more recent shippuden episodes). The Naruto manga has too many repeating storylines.... History just keeps repeating itself.

Actually, I always thought that Anakin was the chosen one, who "brought balance to the force". Originally, the force was dominated by good guys, until Anakin wiped them all out, evening the balance. But, there are many ways to read into it, I guess.

I'd like to think Naruto is the misunderstood and unexpected "chosen one", but if he is, it would be way too cliché. I don't know. It might also be referring to the Fourth Hokage, or one of his two teammates, right? But not likely one of them.

RasenDori
Mon, 10-29-2007, 08:30 AM
i know japanese can sometimes be vague about plurals, so perhaps the prophecy is to be read as jiraiya having more then one apprentice (which is very true) and that one could bring destuction and the other peace. and the choice jiraiya would have to make is between the two. so both naruto and pain are the chosen ones.

Garhert
Mon, 10-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Holy... huh?
Destined child? and... he works for Madara? Or has his own agenda?

Do we now that Madara (Tobi) is the real leader of Akatsuki? And i'm not sure that tobi should be Madara. Does somebody said that? He just said, that his eye(s) are those from Madara. Or am I wrong?

Assertn
Mon, 10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
How could someone be a boss over Pain and not be Madara? Seriously.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-29-2007, 12:06 PM
It would be pretty easy in the Naruto-verse since there's always someone stronger then character X. Even if the original Rinnegan guy were to come back from the gave and actually be the one who was behind everything Kishimoto would still find some way for someone to be stronger than him.

Assertn
Mon, 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM
That's a very loose and uninspiring counter-argument.

You could shrug off any debate with the canned "the mangaka could do whatever he feels like" response...but that doesn't make it a note-worthy contribution. It just cock-blocks the discussion.

Abdula
Mon, 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Actually, I always thought that Anakin was the chosen one, who "brought balance to the force". Originally, the force was dominated by good guys, until Anakin wiped them all out, evening the balance. But, there are many ways to read into it, I guess.

I'd like to think Naruto is the misunderstood and unexpected "chosen one", but if he is, it would be way too cliché. I don't know. It might also be referring to the Fourth Hokage, or one of his two teammates, right? But not likely one of them.

Great point I didn't know anyone else thought that way about Anakin and its a great analogy of this situation. First of all I don't consider Naruto to be Jiraiya's student, compared to Pein and the Fourth, it always seemed like Jiraiya just trained Naruto for a little simply because it was nostalgic as Naruto reminded him of Minato he doesn't seem to consider Naruto his student. So Naruto being the choosen one is way too cliché and completely out of the question, The Anakin comparison explains this perfectly as linear thinkers always believed the prophecy was wrong because Anakin didn't bring peace to the Universe blah, blah, blah but Anakin's actions set events into motion that eventually led to the inevitable conclusion..

The prophecy could be about Pein or Minato or even both because if not for Minato, Naruto would not have The Kyuubi there maynot have even had a viilage without him and If Pein is the Leader of Akatsuki then without him there would be no Akatsuki so Jiraiya training Naruto, Orochimaru meeting Itachi, Itachi coming back to the Leaf and meeting Sasuke, etc, everything after the Zabuza arc is a direct result of Akatsuki. So while I know that most likely idiotic Naruto is going to save the cheerleader/save the world, the prophecy is definitely about Pein because whether the world is saved or destroyed the outcome will be a direct result of his actions thus fulfilling the prophecy.

Do we now that Madara (Tobi) is the real leader of Akatsuki? And i'm not sure that tobi should be Madara. Does somebody said that? He just said, that his eye(s) are those from Madara. Or am I wrong?

It was explicitly stated that Pein is the leader of Akatsuki whether he works for or with Tobi doesn't matter. I don't want Tobi to be Madara either as that would require another lame immortality jutsu or its equivalent so until we're told Tobi is Madara, Tobi is just Tobi

Pain said that each of the Sannins have their own "unique ability"
Now, this chapter introduces the hermit mode as Jiraiya's
But what is Orochimaru's? The ability to prolong life? To summon the dead?
Tsunade's? Her chakra-saving forehead ability?

I hope we get to see something more cool than just detection and snake attack from the hermit mode.....it just feels like 2 talented frogs glued to Jiraiya's shoulders so far..

I'll give you Tsunade her regeneration ability was pretty lame but Orochimaru come on dude he had so many different abilities hence why he was so feared and I don't think Jiraiya went into hermit mode just for that the real battle is just about to begin so just wait.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-29-2007, 02:57 PM
That's a very loose and uninspiring counter-argument.

You could shrug off any debate with the canned "the mangaka could do whatever he feels like" response...but that doesn't make it a note-worthy contribution. It just cock-blocks the discussion.

So, in the interest of the discussion I should ignore the most obvious answer to your question and instead assume what?

Assertn
Mon, 10-29-2007, 10:26 PM
How's that the most obvious answer?

That's like saying "the most obvious answer to the birth of mankind is God."

You're not providing an argument backed by any amount of evidence or theorems, you're just using a blanket creationist response and saying that because there's a creator who decides the fate of anyone or anything in the series, that its futile for us to come to our own conclusions ahead of time. Even though he has the power to do so, we should still assume that he intends to restrict himself to the rules and story-telling elements he's established from the beginning, and therefore something critical like the ultimate conclusion would not occur between Naruto and some completely new and unjustified villain.

Garhert
Tue, 10-30-2007, 01:32 AM
It was explicitly stated that Pein is the leader of Akatsuki whether he works for or with Tobi doesn't matter. I don't want Tobi to be Madara either as that would require another lame immortality jutsu or its equivalent so until we're told Tobi is Madara, Tobi is just Tobi

Good thx... that's what I wanted to know.

But by the way... Tobi act like a fool in my opinion. So I don't want to accept that he is Madara... Madara should be more seriously.

dsh1202
Tue, 10-30-2007, 10:38 AM
The way it looked at the end of the chapter, when pein summoned those two, it looks they could be hidan and orochimaru, it might just be their bodies being controlled by pein. and about the whole destined child thing, maybe the prophecy had like a second part to it, maybe the old frog forgot to say it.. it is kinda foreshadowed when the other frogs say the old one is really forgetful, it is also foreshadowed that he forgot something by the way he acted, he had a very bad memory. So the second part of the prophecie might be about how if the chosen child turned evil, there might be a person who has to defeat him.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-30-2007, 01:05 PM
How's that the most obvious answer?

That's like saying "the most obvious answer to the birth of mankind is God."

You're not providing an argument backed by any amount of evidence or theorems, you're just using a blanket creationist response and saying that because there's a creator who decides the fate of anyone or anything in the series, that its futile for us to come to our own conclusions ahead of time. Even though he has the power to do so, we should still assume that he intends to restrict himself to the rules and story-telling elements he's established from the beginning, and therefore something critical like the ultimate conclusion would not occur between Naruto and some completely new and unjustified villain.

I'm never said anything is futile, you said 'Who could boss Pein around besides Madara?' and my response was basically 'Some as yet unrevealed character'.

My reasoning is this, if we were having this same discussion a year ago I wouldn't have thought there was a hidden person either at or above the Leaders level guiding the actions. of Akatsuki. But now I no longer trust Kishimoto to stick to telling the story with only known or hinted characters so I will never again discount the possibility that someone new will be introduced to make things even more complicated.

Assertn
Tue, 10-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Except the thing with Madara though, is that he's been hinted at since the sasuke chase arc.

February
Wed, 11-07-2007, 12:10 AM
no new chapter this week? =/

KCMmmmm
Wed, 11-07-2007, 12:53 AM
no new chapter this week? =/

There was no chapter last week. There should be one this week, unless I'm mistaken. They usually come out by Friday. I expect spoilers will start floating around soon though.

dimitris127
Wed, 11-07-2007, 03:00 AM
why does madara has to be serious just because he is a legend? i don't see jiraya being serious all the time...or tsunade...even the third acted a little foolishly remember the harem jutsy naruto used on that juunin while the hogake was watching him with the crystal?i'll say all the strong people act like fools in naruto-world...except kakashi...also acting like a fool is the best way to deceive someone don't you know that?

KCMmmmm
Wed, 11-07-2007, 06:48 AM
why does madara has to be serious just because he is a legend? i don't see jiraya being serious all the time...or tsunade...even the third acted a little foolishly remember the harem jutsy naruto used on that juunin while the hogake was watching him with the crystal?i'll say all the strong people act like fools in naruto-world...except kakashi...also acting like a fool is the best way to deceive someone don't you know that?

Kakashi is always late, has a stupid excuse, and reads girlie books non-stop. He's definitely a goofball. In fact, now that you mention it, the only crazy-strong guys who were serious were bad guys - not a single one was good.

However, I still think Tobi's original personality was an act to fool the Akatsuki. For what reason, I have no idea, but that's what I think right now.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
...reads girlie books non-stop...

Those are not 'girlie' books.

Abdula
Wed, 11-07-2007, 12:28 PM
What exactly are they?

deadlydreamx
Wed, 11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
uhh.. adult novels?