PDA

View Full Version : Game: Guitar Hero

Dark_Sage
Sun, 10-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Guitar Hero is a game in which you can play at being a guitarist. Think DDR but with a cheap plastic instrument in your hands of questionable durability.

The game owes its success largely to the incredibly popular song "Jukebox Hero" by Foreigner, as it clearly takes its name and general theme from it. You can easily tell this by setting Jukebox Hero to repeat and them playing the game with the TV muted.

See, it's sort of like how you can play The Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz...But it's cooler, because I mean come on, it's Foreigner. (It'll even make you do better in the game. I promise!)

So, any other Guitar Heroes out there? Guitar Hero 3, as of this post, is coming out pretty soon. Really looking forward to online play.

RedX1z
Sun, 10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
I've already reserved Guitar Hero 3 for Xbox 360. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the game, but I was quite entertained when playing the second game, even though it was only for a few hours.

el_boss
Sat, 11-10-2007, 09:43 AM
The game owes its success largely to the incredibly popular song "Jukebox Hero" by Foreigner, as it clearly takes its name and general theme from it. You can easily tell this by setting Jukebox Hero to repeat and them playing the game with the TV muted.

See, it's sort of like how you can play The Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz...But it's cooler, because I mean come on, it's Foreigner. (It'll even make you do better in the game. I promise!)lol what?

Guitar Hero is my all time favourite game. I've played it constantly since i bought gh2 in january this year.

I'm a little dissapointed with the tracklist of gh3 though I haven't plaued it yet since it hasn't been released in sweden yet.

I'm looking forward to rockband a helluva lot more than gh3. I think rb is going to be the ultimate game. No need for any other games ever again.

Raven
Sat, 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
GH3 has been out for 3 days and it's sold out for the Wii in my state. :( I've pre-ordered for the next shipment, though. Can't wait!

RedX1z
Sun, 11-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I just picked up the game today. The most I can say about it is that's as fun as I expected. The new track list doesn't disappoint, it delivers what's necessary to the fans. Perhaps, it's because I don't know what was on the previous two track lists.

Favorite Stage: Through the Fire and Flames - Dragonforce