PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Episode 03

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Nyoro~n has it first... not surprisng considering they suck

Nyoro~n - Gundam00 - Episode 03 - mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/nyoron/%5BNyoron%20Subs%5D%20Mobile%20Suit%20Gundam%2000% 20-%2003.mkv.torrent)

edit- how bad do they suck, you ask?

Let's just say "They're launching all their missls!" But then again... Seriously, if you can't spell, stop fucking subbing

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Which group has the most accurate translations then? I've found the first two episodes by Nyoro~n enjoyable. Yet to see No.3 though.

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Mendoi/Conclave > Anonymous > Shinsen > Nyoro~n > GundamS

in my book. i'm archiving the Mendoi, but the ones by Anon have been good enough for me to watch them so far. Shinsen I haven't seen yet, but they usually do a decent job (6-8/10).

Yukimura
Mon, 10-22-2007, 12:18 AM
This episode seemed kind of boring, but I had been watching anime for around 8 hours before I got to it so maybe I was just tired.

There was a decent amount of development though as we got to see the different responses of the big governments to the threat of CB which was cool. I'm glad they're not just sitting there shitting all over their laurels.

AngryGumball
Mon, 10-22-2007, 01:56 AM
its weird after only watching the GundamS episodes and not even fully start to finish I can't get into this series after reading the others posting here saying its the worst sub I wonder if its the sub or just the new Gundam series that I just cant' get into.

TwisT
Mon, 10-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Mendoi/Conclave seems to be out too. http://bt.radicand.org/ at least they have the torrents up and if that's not episode 3 i would like to know what i'm downloading right now ;)

Kraco
Mon, 10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
The major powers are far too cheap. It looks like their mobile suits and weaponry are some cost efficient mass production models and thus have no chances whatsoever against the Gundams (and CB shielding / weaponry). I wonder just how realistic that is. It would make sense such models are used in great numbers in restricted conflicts of lesser global importance, like fighting random terrorists and some rebel insurgencies, but considering there are three huge super powers it would seem like common sense to also have state of the art weaponry available in case a major war breaks out between two or all three of those super powers. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I guess it means those three powers are in very friendly terms both theoretically and in practice (like for example the EU and the USA of today don't consider the other one much of a military threat regardless of theoretical potential) or it's another cold war - only so much more terrible than the last one that they don't even see any need for conventional weaponry unlike in the historical cold war between the USA and USSR.

Well, the point of this bitter rant of course was that I want to see real amazingly animated battles instead of the totally one-sided ones so far...

rockmanj
Mon, 10-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, we saw a glimple of a little bit of parity. I'm pretty sure the energy issues will surface in future episodes; and im pretty sure that Graham guy will end up with a gundam somehow. But on a lighter note, that Tiera guy dresses like a freaking elementary school teacher...those cardigans are out of control!

P.S. Conflict in ireland 200 something years later?? :s

animus
Mon, 10-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Nyoro~n was pretty bad. They used sentimentalities when they could've just used sentiments for example.. And a bunch of other odd phrasing and choice of words

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-22-2007, 11:11 AM
i actually really enjoyed this episode. We had some good duels (which is usually where it's at in Gundams), and more character development than in the first two episodes combined.

Setsuna really is so due for a breakdown... and we found out how Sagi and Louise (boy is she hot) will probably get wrapped up in all of this

Both Lockon and Hallelujah expressed huge preferences for certain kinds of battle. Also, seems like Hallelujah is a bit of a slacker, and not the best at keeping his mouth shut...

Graham is plain awesome. He is Zechs Merquise, but without a mysterious past (so far), and I'm looking forward to more of him. It's sorta refreshingly weird how his fascination with the Gundams is phrased in sexual terms (going on Mendoi's subs, which I trust)... I can hear the fangirls' pens scribbling misinterpretations of this into yaoi drivel already.

Tieria and the HRL Liet Colonel showed the first signs of a "spacenoid vs. earthian rift". Considering that space travel is still just starting, I wonder if this is just a cultural identification, or an evolutionary thing showing up early, ala Newtypes... Also, I like how Tieria just doesn't trust or like Setsuna. I hate it when the main characters get along perfectly.

also, quite a bit of technical information in this ep. The flagship is totally reliant on the Gundams for energy... And the remark about some of the Gundam parts being "advanced material, but nothing new from a design standpoint" really shows that the CB founder must have focused on developing the Gundams, to the neglect of both the flagship and some of their armnaments. Obviously they had to wait until now for the technology to implement his design...

I'm really smelling something fishy going on with the Chinese girl, her handler, and those two guys. That and Lockon's comment about the HRL's spaceport being "especially" safe for them to launch a freaking Gundam out of makes me think there's either some real treachery going on in the HRL, or that the backers of the Gundams that the Chinese girl represents are particularly out to get the HRL...

The "coordination" in the scene switching between the Union and the HRL colonel figuring out stuff about the Gundam, plus the fact that both he and Graham fought Setsuna in the same episode, really indicates an upcoming alliance... Kudos to the Union for being the first to make an "Anti-Gundam" squad, even though they're still the only ones to not have been attacked yet by CB

If more episodes are like this, I'll really like this show.

Kraco
Mon, 10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
And the remark about some of the Gundam parts being "advanced material, but nothing new from a design standpoint" really shows that the CB founder must have focused on developing the Gundams, to the neglect of both the flagship and some of their armnaments. Obviously they had to wait until now for the technology to implement his design...

Actually that doesn't tell anything else but that CB's safeguarding the overpowering Gundam technology and possibly saving some money by using materials from the free market. We don't yet know that much about the Gundam cores, only disposable elements that apparently were designed so that they wouldn't reveal anything if fallen into enemy hands.

Regarding that it seemed to me like Graham immediately recognized the beam saber, which suggests it's not technology beyond the super powers. I wonder why they aren't using it. Or perhaps they can't power it for mobile use.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-22-2007, 09:53 PM
What I took from this episode is that it's definitely a matter of tactics and pilots. The HRL Lt Colonel at least had a better idea about fighting Setsuna than Graham did. Why fight what is clearly an air superiority mech (shown from how many plane/mobile suits Exia annihilated in eps 1?) when you can try to handicap.

Granted, it didn't pan out too well, but at least Setsuna got serious and pissed off.

If not for the overwhelmingly superior Gundam, Setsuna could have been in a bit of trouble. I'm guessing that the white-haired girl is the HRL's ace, like Graham is to the Union. Perhaps things won't go so smoothly next time.

It could have just been Nyoro~n's translation, but I thought that the Gundams ran off the solar energy collected by the Ptolemaios, not the other way around. That's why the others were complaining about having to return to space occasionally.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
It could have just been Nyoro~n's translation, but I thought that the Gundams ran off the solar energy collected by the Ptolemaios, not the other way around. That's why the others were complaining about having to return to space occasionally.

Mendoi&Conclave's translations definitely said that the Flagship had very limited operating time without the Gundams, and the mechanism was used to transfer power from Virtue (and others when they come back).

Agreed that the Lieutenant was smart. Then again, he was clearly out to investigate and "see for himself", whereas Graham was just on an adrenaline rush. (and maybe also a bit of testosterone)

Lockon seems to be the one holding the group together. Setsuna's still a rookie. Hallelujah's introverted and has a bit of a loose tongue, whereas Tieria's just emotionally detached from the group.

Talking about character development, looks like we'll get some info on the girl who resembles a Chinese princess.

animus
Tue, 10-23-2007, 09:17 AM
We learned that she's jailbait, or atleast just not old enough to drink yet.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 10-25-2007, 04:45 AM
Jailbait or not she has already become my favorite char of this series :)

zhuzhu8376
Fri, 10-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Wow !!!! Finally Mendoi/Conclave releasing in avi format ... for someone like me who don't have a high advance computer and super good LCD display panel.
[Conclave-Mendoi]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_03_[704x400_XviD_MP3][E6CBE224].avi
[Conclave-Mendoi]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_02_[704x400_XviD_MP3][C84FCCF7].avi
[Conclave-Mendoi]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_-_01_[704x400_XviD_MP3][F3EABA44].avi

P.S I more hopping animeone doing it

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Seriously, install CoreAVC and you'll never have any problems. My computer is getting on in years, and CoreAVC fixed everything for me.

.avi is shit. End of story.