PDA

View Full Version : Game: Devil May Cry 4

Sandldan
Sun, 10-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Searched around but were unable to find a thread for this game which i found a bit weird.

Well anyways im quite sure there's a few people here that have played any of the earlier installments of the series. Unlike the others this will be released for PS3, 360 and the PC, meaning i dont have to buy a console just yet!

My biggest concern so far is the fact that the main character wont be Dante but Nero, a Dante look a like. At first i was a bit skeptic but a few trailers later and im actually looking forward to playing as Nero instead of Dante.
This being the newest trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26663.html?type=)

Im also thinking if the anime might will have any relation to the game at all.

The game is scheduled for release to february 2008

Jaitne
Sun, 10-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Dante was hot, and since Nero looks like Dante.. well, he's hot, too.

But, I probably won't go near the game for a few months. They might be awesome like in DMC3 and let you play two different story lines.

However, it's completely sad that it's coming out on the expensive gaming consoles. Perhaps, in a year, they'll be awesome and drop their prices singnificantly.. (hey, a girl can dream!).

Though, on the game at hand, what's this one about? Does it come after DMC2?

animus
Sun, 10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
... Of course it's coming out on the expensive consoles. It's a next-gen game, so of course it's going to be released on next-gen consoles. Don't expect to get the processing power to run something that looks like DMC 4 on the Wii.

Anyways, a couple weeks back I thought DMC 4 was a PS3 exclusive, but learned that it was also getting released for the 360 (which I have), I was so happy.

NM
Sun, 10-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Though, on the game at hand, what's this one about? Does it come after DMC2?

I believe DMC4 takes place years before DMC2. I think the developers are trying to forget about that waste of game to be honest. :p

Knives122
Sun, 10-21-2007, 06:32 PM
I believe DMC4 takes place years before DMC2. I think the developers are trying to forget about that waste of game to be honest. :p

Yeah DMC2 takes place many, many years after all the other games. The current order is: 3,1,4,2.

I too think dmc2 should be phased out completely.

Jaitne
Sun, 10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah DMC2 takes place many, many years after all the other games. The current order is: 3,1,4,2.

I too think dmc2 should be phased out completely.

Ahh, now, in years to come, I can follow the story. I've never played DMC2, I suppose I should count myself lucky.

In this game, what do you all think is to come (other than better graphics, and a new person to play on)? Fighting style, do you think it'll be the same, or damn near close?

Spiegel
Sun, 10-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I can't wait for DMC:4 either, but there was another thread for this: Game: Devil May Cry 4 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=13769&highlight=devil+cry). I don't blame you for missing it though, the last post was over a year ago.

animus
Sun, 10-21-2007, 07:31 PM
I thought it took place after all the previous DMC games, as I saw some screenshots of a rugged, older looking Dante.

kenren
Sun, 10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I can't wait to use Nero and swing his sword around. We get to play as Dante in DMC4 too.

RedX1z
Sun, 10-21-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm just glad this game is going multi-platform. I wasn't ready to buy a Playstation 3, just yet.

The best semi-button mashin' series, yet.

I can't wait to use Nero and swing his sword around. We get to play as Dante in DMC4 too.

I have to keep up with recent updates, because this is new to me. Y'ARGHU!~

Jaitne
Mon, 10-22-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm just glad this game is going multi-platform. I wasn't ready to buy a Playstation 3, just yet.

I'm not ready to buy any platform yet, and I'd want a safer way to play DDR like games on the PS3 from off the computer.. instead of drilling a hole inside the top and rewiring stuff.

Either way, does anyone know what the battle system is going to be like? Hard, easy, medium? Same as the last one? Or completely changed overall?

Abdula
Mon, 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM
I had completely forgotten about this game since I let all my subscriptions to gaming mags lapse. I still own all three games in the series although i have no idea where any of them are. Its good to hear that I can now chose to play DMC 4 on either Xbox or Pc as I'm really not interested in buying a PS3 just to play 2 or 3 games would also have liked to see a wii version just to see how the controls would work and then I would be able to play all 3 versions like Madden or SVR.

Looking forward to play as a new character as I've always found Dante's character to be boring, generic and predictable like most protagonist in Japanese games. Loved Vergil though and thought his fighting style in DMC 3 was exceptional hope we get to see and expansion of that in 4 even if we may not get to play as him.

DMC 2 was an abomination that I wish I was able to expunge from my memory

Sandldan
Mon, 10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26663.html?type=

Anyone else watched this trailer maybe around ten times now? o_o

Knives122
Tue, 01-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Hmmmmm, well it's been a while but the game's opening finally came out.

See if you can spot Dante (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29247.html)

edit: oh yeah, the ost is out too: the first song is the one in the opening. (http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2cd70/)

Julianlivre
Thu, 01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
watched the trailer for this game and of course I've played all the other games and watched the anime series, it's awesome ^^ can't wait to play it ;)

Sandldan
Thu, 01-03-2008, 07:40 PM
A relatively new trailer, gave me gooesbumps. Warning for spoilers though, but man is that boss huge.

DMC4 final japanese trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29055.html)
DMC4 final japanese trailer HD (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29122.html)

kenren
Wed, 03-26-2008, 08:50 AM
I bought PS3 the other day, and started playing DMC4.
An overall good game, Dante is badass as always! :)

Sandldan
Wed, 03-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Finished it in one day here, currently on my second playthrough on son of sparda difficulty while im trying to beat bloody palace.
Only thing which i was a bit skeptic about was nero, but gotta say his personality and devilbringer is awesome. Really felt a bit handicapped with Dante when playing without the devilbringer but dante's style made up for it

darkshadow
Wed, 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM
dante is only better then nero when his trickster and swordmaster are at max lvl, otherwise he simply lacks the combo'ing ability to get to bloody palace fast.

Turkish-S
Wed, 03-26-2008, 07:25 PM
finished the game on human,demon hunter, son of sparda. heaven or hell :). and got on 50% on dante must die and on lvl 85 on bloody palace with nero (the 3 grab combo with blitz is a real must.)
then my controller broke and i removed the smoking disk out of my xbox.. and put it onto the shelf...now i'm playing sega superstar tennis :D

kenren
Fri, 05-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Anyone still playing this?
I tried and tried doing "Shuffle" (Mid-air Streak) using Nero, but didn't seem to work at all. I did follow the instructions though. :( .
Currently on DMD Mission 12 :)

darkshadow
Fri, 05-23-2008, 04:53 PM
i still play it, mid air streak is really simple, it actually made fighting the old dude a lot easier since i could just follow him around with mid air streaks.
try doing the move that has the same command but on the ground, if you master that it should be simple to perform in the air.

kenren
Sat, 05-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Sorry it's Calibur not Shuffle.
Hmm, it's (R1 + back direction) and then (Forward direction + Triangle) right? Still can't get it though. Either that or I just can't understand simple instructions. :(. Sorry for the trouble.

EDIT: after hours of trying, I finally got it. Thanks for the tip DS.