PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 144

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
DB Bleach 144 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b144.torrent)

V
Wed, 10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Chad was great. Bad guys were lame. 108 vs. 1200? WTF? The rest was fluff. But it grabbed my attention anyways.

jaguar04p
Wed, 10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi is DB website working. I cannot access it.

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 10-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah, it is. Try deleting browsing history and cookies and what not. Might help.

Crash
Wed, 10-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok episode, but the battles were kind of anticlimactic. Really been looking forward to seeing Chad and Ishida back in action, but for some reason this episode just didn't do it for me. Maybe because all the Indiana Jones nonsense at the beginning had me kind of put off from the outset.

Bleach4Me
Thu, 10-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Episode was so-so for me. Seeing Ishida's new bow was nice and it looks like Chad has a new attack. Other then that not that great. Expected more the way the episode before ended. Still, better then filler.

Yukimura
Thu, 10-18-2007, 07:28 AM
The new OP really doesn't do anything for me which is kind of sad since I've liked every previous Bleach OP. Episode was corny and crazy with action mixed in so it felt very similar to the eps from way back in the beginning of the series and of the beginning of the SS Arc.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-18-2007, 11:16 AM
By all rights, this episode SHOULD have been awsome. But it just wasn't.

I think Crash said it best, it was anticlimactic. We're waiting to see this guys new powers, and it just wasn't impressive.

I mean, okay, Ishida's bow looks cool, but the arrows it shoots out? They look like arrows a little kid drew. Only glowing. Chad is just shooting blasts from his fist...

It's like there's a complete lack of special effects. By all rights, they should be more powerful than, say, Ichigo vs. Kenpachi fight, but there's just none of that impressiveness in the way their attacks look.

I mean, when Ishida and the badguy were both doing their "flash step" ripoffs, if they hadn't been TALKING about the fact that they were going superfast, I wouldn't have even known.

Where's all the awsome sound effects. Where's those kickass distortion waves you get when people are releasing massive spirit pressure?

Like I said, this should have rocked and it just seemed meh..

Opening was neat though. The song kinda sucked though, especially considering its the same guys that sang Haruka Kanata, the best Naruto theme ever.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Renji and Rukia are gonna show up..

Inazuma
Thu, 10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
They should either do :
Eps that got nothing to do with the plot and as good as episode 10
Or "real" episodes like Eps16&17 (Great animation, new charismatic char, fights, consistant plot dev and some humor)

144 felt like they tried to go back to how they did things in the first arc, but it's as if the episode was made by some ukrainians copycats.

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
usually i don't get to complain about special effects in a shounen anime, but Darthender hit it right on the nose. I didn't even think Ishida's new bow looked all that great, and the arrows were like blue carbon-copies of an attack I remember from an SNES game... The lack of animation surrounding Chad's arm movements is just awkward. His body doesn't tense or strain or anything when he's stopping the boulder or shooting his 'laser fist'... it's just grunting sound effects and a little ray of light.

the best new animation in the episode is when Ishida and Chad started their counter-attack (so obvious to, to switch partners) and Chad uppercut the big Hollow.

I didn't mind the stupid traps, as it was done humorously, and it's fairly obvious that there's some kind of strange fascination with cheesy action / thriller movies and this show... On the other hand, the comedy in this episode wasn't great...

It could have been better, but it wasn't the worst... At least it looks like we'll be getting into some Espada goodness next episode... and I'm looking forward to seeing just how Chad's mega attack works.

edit - i don't care for the new OP or ED at all.

Xyrox
Thu, 10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
It somehow felt like a filler, except when they showed the new stuff. And I didn't like it, for reasons everyone already have said.

Didn't like the opening either, though I usually really enjoy Asian Kung-Fu Generation (didn't notice it was them until DarthEnder pointed it out).

I really hope they make Ishida's bow look cooler in the future.

animus
Thu, 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Does anyone remember which episodes the Kenpachi + Ichigo fights spanned? Been losing the will to watch Bleach, just need to rewatch something that was actually interesting to re-inspire me.

redcat
Thu, 10-18-2007, 05:25 PM
the tears never stop flowing around here.

Narasho
Thu, 10-18-2007, 06:20 PM
This episode was more unbearable than the latest double ep of Naruto. But maybe that's because I skipped about 10-15 minutes in that double ep...

Darknodin
Thu, 10-18-2007, 06:38 PM
meh... its wasn't THAT bad. what annoyed me is that Ishida and Chad were fighting weak enemies. this and the animation.

the beginning was ok (especially the overdone, but still funny way Ichigo was acting)

Crash
Thu, 10-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Does anyone remember which episodes the Kenpachi + Ichigo fights spanned? Been losing the will to watch Bleach, just need to rewatch something that was actually interesting to re-inspire me.

38-40 is what you're looking for.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Does anyone remember which episodes the Kenpachi + Ichigo fights spanned? Been losing the will to watch Bleach, just need to rewatch something that was actually interesting to re-inspire me.You really only have to go as far back as the first Ichigo v Grimmjow fight if you want to remember what makes Bleach awsome.

And you can watch baldy's Bankai again while your in that area.

Spiegel
Fri, 10-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Anticlimactic was the word of the day it seems. I enjoyed the episode none the less, but it wasn't where it should have been. They could have done a lot more and a better job with Chad and Ishida, but maybe they are trying to save it for another episode, I can never get into the mind of a writer so I wouldn't know the reasoning behind half the stuff they do.

Anyway, Good episode over all to me, I saw the beginning as more of a they are still friends after this whole time. And when the actual battle sequence started I saw where they were coming with this on how Ichigo must learn that he isn't the shit and all that anymore. I can't wait to see where they take chad, I personally don't care that much for Ishida.

Well enough mumbling and fiddlin' around. There is my two cents.

Carnage
Sun, 10-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Why is the animation turning out to be as shitty as Shippuuden? Did TV Tokyo cut a huge part off of their fundings?

ForteCross
Sun, 10-21-2007, 12:07 PM
hard to belive that no one pointed that chad used a spanish name for his attack, we all know he was from mexico (? i dont quite remember from where he was but... i think it was there...) yet urahara said before that 'chads reiatsu is almost the same as...' by the way
El Directo mean 'the direct', i dont understand why db translated it as 'giant's attack'