PDA

View Full Version : Game: Street Fighter 4

Pages : [1] 2

darkshadow
Wed, 10-17-2007, 12:08 PM
well its official, after waiting an hour after the megaton announcement should've arrived, cause the official page is being nuked to hell with hits.
Gamevideos.com managed to grab the trailer.
http://www.destructoid.com/prepare-yourself-street-fighter-4-debut-trailer-49618.phtml

awesomeness.
Also this is supposed to be part of several announcements today, which "lost planet colonies" is supposed to be part of aswell.

mage
Wed, 10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
what a useless trailer.

kooshi
Wed, 10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Useless trailer, indeed. However, Street Fighter IV? Can't wait for it :D

darkshadow
Wed, 10-17-2007, 12:33 PM
useless? it might hint at the kind of art direction they are going for.
Start thinking a bit like a dev, instead of just a mindless gamer.

Idealistic
Wed, 10-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Can't wait!!@#@!@!@!@!

2008!

mage
Wed, 10-17-2007, 07:13 PM
useless? it might hint at the kind of art direction they are going for.
Start thinking a bit like a dev, instead of just a mindless gamer.
Start thinking like a dev? Ok. Looks to me like they spent a ton of money to create a really nice minute long animation in order to get all the mindless gamers like yourself to drool over the fact that theyre making a new SF game.

trailers with no gameplay footage=useless

TwisT
Thu, 10-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Must agree on that one. I hate game trailers without gameplay footage. They fill no real purpose other to get fanboys all excited. And of course the more stupid gamers too think the animation sequence/cinematics are the actual gameplay. I have encountered those too <_<

Psyke
Thu, 10-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Teasers are created to grab attention, like what it's doing now.

I have lots of fond memories playing SF II back when it was released on the Super Famicom (SNES). SF III was disappointing, but I played a lot of the Zero (Alpha) series in the arcades back then.

kooshi
Thu, 10-18-2007, 11:31 AM
SFIII: Third Strike was a pretty fun game. The only disappointing part of that game were the characters. I found myself only playing Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Chun-li, Makoto, and Ibuki. Everyone else, I pretty much pushed aside.

RedX1z
Sun, 10-21-2007, 11:26 PM
I was pretty disappointed that this was Capcom's big news, but then again it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be.

The Street Fighter series is something that isn't to be underestimated, it's still a solid franchise even today. Street Fighter III: Third Strike wasn't disappointing, they've just added new elements which old school gamers weren't familiar with, and it just took a little time in getting used to. The Alpha series is still my favorite series to this day, though.

Idealistic
Mon, 10-22-2007, 12:15 AM
SF3 was awesome. Especially in third strike, I love the fighting system. Though, punishing after a parry was a bit overpowering and way too easy. They should have lowered the damage output after a parry.

But like many people have said, the disappointing factor in the game was how homo all the new characters were. After the Alpha series having such an awesome cast, the SF3 cast were not even up to standard.

darkshadow
Mon, 11-26-2007, 09:05 PM
for those that didnt managed to catch any hints during the trailer, gt.tv made an analysis for you.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28231.html

UChessmaster
Thu, 12-06-2007, 12:02 PM
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/720/ryusf4zg5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Picture from the actual game

Capcom's Street Fighter 4 will reportedly feature new techniques, new locations and gameplay features, while retaining the classic six-button layout and 2D fighting system. Capcom, however, hasn't yet specified exactly which platorm(s) will host Street Fighter 4.

Aside from the barrel-chested Ryu featured in the screenshot above, Capcom will reportedly be bringing back other familiar faces such as Ken, Dhalsim and Chun-Li for Street Fighter 4. In fact, you'll probably notice that the environment in the picture above looks like a souped up version of Chun-Li's stage from Street Fighter 2.

LaZie
Thu, 12-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Looks like extreme cel-shading to me. Looks good :p

Psyke
Sun, 12-09-2007, 02:49 AM
I prefer my street fighter characters cartoony, like the Zero (alpha) series. :(

TheBladeChild
Sun, 12-09-2007, 03:29 AM
I prefer my street fighter characters cartoony, like the Zero (alpha) series. :(

I second that.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Screenshots of Ken here:
http://the-magicbox.com/0712/game071207g.shtml

Idealistic
Sun, 12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
That ken picture is ridiculously ugly. I hope the devs don't approve of such an ugly thing to be put into the game.

Marik
Wed, 12-17-2008, 02:33 PM
I can't wait until 2/17/2009, to get my hands on this game. This is one of my three most wanted games, along with King of Fighters XII and Fight Night: Round 4. I love the fact that they added six extra fighters to the home version. Cammy and Fei Long from Super Street Fighter II and Dan, Sakura, Gen, and Rose from the Alpha series. Hopefully it will be as good, if not better than Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.

The details of the Collector's Edition, were announced. It will contain a system specific item. Along with the game itself, the Collectors Edition pack, which will be available for both the PS3 and Xbox 360, will include the following contents housed in a classic Street Fighter scene outer case.
Limited edition figurines of all time favourite character Ryu and the all new character Crimson Viper, positioned within the familiar settings of the 'crowded Chinese downtown'.
A bonus disc containing a 65-minute feature length HD quality anime movie, created specially for the launch of Street Fighter IV and a selection of the best game trailers to date. PS3's bonus disc will be on Blu-Ray.
A Udon/Prima mini strategy guide created in the style of a comic art book detailing the moves and biographies of four of the new characters to the series; Viper, Abel, El Fuerte and Rufus.
Downloadable Content: 5 Alternate Costumes.
CD Soundtrack.Also, the Trophy list was released for the PS3 version today. Street Fighter IV contains a total of 48 trophies. 35 bronze, 10 silver, 2 gold, and 1 platinum. Trophy List (http://www.allps3trophies.com/upcoming-games/street-fighter-iv-trophies.html)

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM
This is the first game I have acutally looked forward to for about 10 years. Looking forward to hitting the online gameplay with this.

Idealistic
Wed, 12-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, been following this game closely since the announcement and it has improved a ton visually.

Already preordered the CE. SF4 is going to be so epic you just have to have the CE.

Marik
Wed, 12-17-2008, 03:34 PM
You're right, it's gonna be epic. I've been considering getting the CE, but I don't know yet. I'm either gonna get the SFIV CE or the X-Blades CE. Don't really want to shell out money for both. The X-Blades CE is just huge and even includes a topless figurine. Gonna be a tough decision.

darkshadow
Wed, 12-17-2008, 04:54 PM
The European CE actually has both the figures.

Marik
Wed, 12-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I noticed that. Here in the US though, PS3 has Ryu and 360 has C. Viper. I would rather have gotten a C. Viper figurine, since it's easy to get a Ryu figurine already.

Idealistic
Wed, 12-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Interesting... I have never heard of X-Blades till now. Actually, I have, but I had no idea it was that. It sounded like a sports game. But X-Blades looks really good.

Is the developer Gaijin as in Gaijin Works, ex-Working Designs?

Marik
Wed, 12-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Nah, It's developed by Gaijin Entertainment. They are an independent Russian developer.

darkshadow
Wed, 12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
x blades has been in development for like 5 million years. it was named oniblade prior.

Marik
Wed, 12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
It was already released in Russia only, under that name.

Marik
Fri, 12-19-2008, 07:38 PM
For $79.99, here's everything you get:
1. The game
2. A limited-edition (ie., not sold anywhere else) figurine – Ryu in the PS3 box, C. Viper hotness in the 360 flavor. Decisions, decisions...
3. Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind: a 65 minute anime movie — created by Studio 4C — that sets up the story of SFIV by explaining events post-SFII. BluRay disc in the PS3 box! The Xbox version is a 360 game disc that outputs the movie at 720P, not a DVD.
4. A mini-strategy guide from Prima, written by the same people doing the full-on guide and illustrated by Udon Comics
5. CD soundtrack. Rock SFIV stage chunez in your car!
6. …Plus some secret additional downloadable content that we’re not quite ready to reveal at this point. Look for more announcements soon!

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-19-2008, 07:55 PM
All I want is the game and the blue ray movie. They are just making a mint by throwing in extra crap.

darkshadow
Fri, 12-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Oh the blu-ray disc certainly makes things more interesting.

Idealistic
Sat, 12-20-2008, 03:19 AM
Most likely the anime that comes with it will be released later.

But it looks like they changed the cover artwork, unless that's the cover for just the CE. That looks a lot better than the other ones though.

Marik
Sat, 12-20-2008, 10:08 AM
I think they changed it for the regular one, also. A lot of people were complaining about the Chun-Li cover.

Marik
Wed, 12-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Street Fighter IV's online mode sounds awesome. I can't wait for this game.

"We don't put up hurdles...we want to make it as easy as if there was someone sitting next to you in an arcade," Ono hints. "We're going to engineer the home version of the game so you can actually play in arcade mode and you can turn on a function that would allow match-making in the background, so you could just have somebody jump in exactly as they would at the arcade," Ono says. "No one's really done this before, so it has potential to be really, really huge."

But it goes even deeper. "There's a ridiculous amount of options and filters you can turn on," he continues, "and if you prefer to not have a function on at all, you can turn it off, or choose only ranked matches or player matches." And if you want some truly strenuous practice, Ono says, "you can even set it so you only fight people that are significantly better than you based upon the battle point count." Once you set your options, you'll be able to hop into arcade mode for a few quick warm-up rounds while you wait for a challenger to join your game."

New Preview @ GamePro.com (http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/208430/street-fighter-iv-preview)

Also check out this vid.
Dale vs Juan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yjd6gjcCEs&fmt=22)

Stitch
Thu, 12-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Is this releasing on the PC like other Capcom games this generation? :D

darkshadow
Thu, 12-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Most probably

Marik
Thu, 12-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Yes, there's a PC version. June 2nd is the release date for it, which is over three months after the console releases.

Marik
Tue, 01-06-2009, 03:00 AM
Some new HQ vids, with some of the console only fighters. The game is looking awesome.

Fei Long vs Cammy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USlroHmeRo0&fmt=22)

Dan vs Dan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5VpwsumE5M&fmt=22)

Gen vs Rose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVhc-JaoYJE&fmt=22)

Paper
Tue, 01-06-2009, 08:50 AM
I’ve been waiting 10 very long years since the last installment of stf back in 1999 :o . I always wanted Gouken (ryu and ken sensei aka akuma brother) to be a playable character and it seems my wish came true. I’m impress with the new fighting system, out of all the stf I prefer Alpha’s system to date.

I’ve been playing stf alpha anthology recently and it just rekindle in me how bad ass this game really is from different fighting styles v-ism, x-ism and a-ism to breaking one’s guard. I hope stf 4 will live up to the hype but watching fights on you tube it seems promising :D

(open thought to myself “collection of thoughts ....sparks idea”)

Damn stf Alpha Series seems to need a thread

Marik
Wed, 01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
GameCrazy: Street Fighter IV Commemorative Coin For Pre-Orders

What better way to celebrate the arcade history behind Street Fighter than with a collectable coin? Getting one is simple: You get this exclusive commemorative Street Fighter coin when you pre-order SFIV from GameCrazy. In addition to the coin itself, there's some fun Street Fighter history on the back of the packaging.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/01/streetfightercoin.jpg

It's better than the Ryu Headband that you get from GameStop. Too bad there are no GameCrazy's here, because I'd rather have the coin..

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/SF4_Belt_bonusLG.jpg

darkshadow
Thu, 01-08-2009, 02:47 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFuck.......I'd rather have the headband personally, fffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuck, i guess this is what europeans miss out on for getting both figures in the CE :(

Idealistic
Thu, 01-08-2009, 03:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_8yt4hQgU&fmt=18

New SF4 Trailer featuring all the characters on the consoles showing off their Ultras and some combos.

Marik
Sat, 01-10-2009, 12:57 AM
CES 2009: Street Fighter IV Console Character Demos (http://ces.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6202941&tag=topslot;thumb;3)

A Gamespot article on the near final version of Capcom's console conversion. It includes 5 video demos of Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen, and Rose, plus a look at the Mad Catz custom controllers.

Hands On With Mad Catz's SFIV FightStick and FightPad @ Kotaku
(http://kotaku.com/5128370/ces-09-hands-on-with-mad-catzs-sfiv-fightstick--fightpad)

dragonrage
Sat, 01-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Well I missed the holiday season loop hole, So i am going to have to wait until my birthday to get either a PS3 or a 360, I am a leaning towards playstation. I really want to get this game, even though I think my gaming days are pretty much on very long hold.

Was going to pre order it. but what use it the game without something to play it on. I could always borrow my friend's PS3 and don't give it back until i get my own, but that will be mean.

Paper
Tue, 01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
I could always borrow my friend's PS3 and don't give it back until i get my own, but that will be mean

Trust, that wouldn't be mean you got to do what you got to do. I borrow my friend's PS3 all the time

I can't wait to SF4 comes out, I wonder how the gamplay is going to be?, I seen trailer's and fights but I want the feel of the controls hands on.

Idealistic
Tue, 01-20-2009, 09:29 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44551.html

Same trailer showing all characters, but with some story behind it, and it's in English for those who want to hear how it sounds.

Btw, you can individually set each characters voice to EN or JP.

itadakimasu
Wed, 01-21-2009, 04:36 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44551.html

Same trailer showing all characters, but with some story behind it, and it's in English for those who want to hear how it sounds.

Btw, you can individually set each characters voice to EN or JP.

Thanks for posting that link !

That looks so awesome. sadly I probably wouldn't touch half of those charactors... I'd probably just be spamming sakura / ken / sagat in that order.

Paper
Wed, 01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
I usually just use Ken, but this time around I'm gonna make use of the new added characters.

itadakimasu
Thu, 01-22-2009, 03:09 PM
i've played countless hours of SF Alpha 3 mostly w\ ken... that was by far my favorite street fighter game although, i never played SF 3.

darkshadow
Thu, 01-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Ken is the best character ever, with the best BGM ever.
Ken -> Akuma -> Balrog -> Gouken, that will be my sequence of smackdown at school when It gets released ;o.

Psyke
Fri, 01-23-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm still not sure if I'll get the game, but the arcade sticks look awesome.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44694.html

Marik
Wed, 02-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Street Fighter IV DLC Details and Screens

Capcom is pleased to announce the first expansion pack for Street Fighter IV. Championship Mode expansion pack will add several unique and gameplay enriching options to Street Fighter IV’s already robust feature set free of charge post launch. Street Fighter IV’s Championship Mode Expansion Pack will include:

• Replay Mode – Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyze top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.

• New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)

• Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.

Additionally, we are announcing the DLC alternate costume expansion packs for Street Fighter IV to customize your fighters. Each DLC pack offers a alternate costume for you favorite Street Fighter IV character. The packs are grouped by themes and will be available for 320 MS points for Xbox 360 or $3.99 on PlayStation 3 post launch.

• 2/17 – Brawler Pack DLC Pack will include alternate costumes for: Zangeif, E.Honda, Rufus, El Furete, and Abel.

• 2/24 – Femme Fatale Pack will include alternate costumes for: Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and C.Viper.

• 3/3/09 – Shoryuken Pack will include alternate costumes for: Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.

• 3/10/09 – Shadowloo Pack will include alternate costumes for: Seth, M.Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.

• 3/17/09 – Classic Pack will include alternate costumes for: Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

Pictures of all the costumes (http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/gallery/view_gallery.one?gal_id=2147911)

darkshadow
Thu, 02-05-2009, 11:18 AM
IIRC, the costumes come with the CE, so just get that.

itadakimasu
Mon, 02-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Did anybody watch UFC fight night on saturday? it was sponsored by SF4 and they played the full trailor.

Marik
Mon, 02-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Nah, I didn't see it. Was it a brand new trailer or something we've seen before?

itadakimasu
Tue, 02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
it was the same one idealistic posted... somehow it looks better on a 42'' samsung lcd than it did running in a browser windows

Kensee
Wed, 02-11-2009, 03:42 AM
it was the same one idealistic posted... somehow it looks better on a 42'' samsung lcd than it did running in a browser windows

QFT. Everything looks better on a 42" samsung lcd ... including SF4! Anyone doing any of the gamestop tournaments? There's one in my hometown.

itadakimasu
Wed, 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
i don't know if i could face the embarrassment of getting pwned in public by an 8 year old kid... I'm going to hide behind my 50'' and ps3 for competitions : )

Marik
Wed, 02-11-2009, 05:21 PM
IIRC, the costumes come with the CE, so just get that.

It seems to only come with the Brawlers Pack.

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-11-2009, 05:41 PM
It seems to only come with the Brawlers Pack.
Well that settles which edition I'll get. I expected the CE to come with all of them, but if it doesn't, I might as well save myself the money. Change the C.Viper figurine that comes with the 360 version to a Cammy/Chun-Li one and I'd be right back in line though.

Tourneys are completely out of the question for me at this point. SF2:Remix has shown me how badly my skills have suffered since I used to play at the local ice cream place.

Marik
Wed, 02-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Well that settles which edition I'll get. I expected the CE to come with all of them, but if it doesn't, I might as well save myself the money.
Indeed. I already have the CE paid off, but since it doesn't come with all the costumes, I'm gonna downgrade to the regular edition. The soundtrack and movie will be on torrents soon enough, so the CE is pointless to me now.

----

IGN's review is up.

PS3 Review (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/953/953819p1.html)

360 Review (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/953/953894p1.html)

"I'd be remiss if I didn't discuss the differences between the PS3 and 360 versions, which are actually few and far between. The game runs brilliantly on either console, but to get the PS3 up to quick load times, you'll need to perform the optional install. If you do install the game, the versions are nearly identical, though the PS3 benefits from the vastly superior D-pad on the DualShock. Fortunately for 360 owners, both consoles allow for arcade sticks and a good stick is strongly encouraged if you want to play on 360."

Sounds great. :D

UChessmaster
Thu, 02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Game got leaked on 360!

http://michel319.blogspot.com/

darkshadow
Fri, 02-13-2009, 05:30 AM
great....

UChessmaster
Fri, 02-13-2009, 06:22 PM
You don`t seem too happy about it

darkshadow
Sat, 02-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Why would I be?

UChessmaster
Sat, 02-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Because the game we`ve been wanting to play for a lot of time is out already?

DB_Hunter
Mon, 02-16-2009, 04:27 PM
This better be worth it, I'm buying a ps3 and new HD tv with surround sound for this....

Idealistic
Mon, 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM
This better be worth it, I'm buying a ps3 and new HD tv with surround sound for this....

Interesting.

So how many of you guys know of or go on shoryuken.com?

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Gamespot has a pretty interesting feature on Arcade Stick options.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6204592/index.html

Some of this looks a little too hardcore to spend $150 on before I even play the game. While I admit that 75% of fighting games are unplayable on the 360, I want to see how well I do with the crappy d-pad as-is before I consider one of these. I have a self-modded wired controller that freed up the d-pad from its circle of doom, and that worked really well with SCIV and even Guilty Gear.

The Sega lookalike controller on the other hand...

Marik
Mon, 02-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I've only heard bad things about those sticks so far. Things like the washer on the stick scraping against the PCB (circuit board). This eats away at the connections and destroys the stick, rendering it useless. People with the TE sticks are saying they stop working after a few hours and there's a problem with the characters getting stuck in a crouch, even though the stick is centered.

Here's a video from one guy on giant bomb. link (http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/lordofultima/madcatz-fckstick/30-21367)
There's an article on joystiq also. link (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/16/owners-report-mad-catz-sfiv-fightstick-defects/#comments)

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow, very enlightening.

I guess I'll pass on those. You almost had me MadCatz, I was nearly convinced your third-party hardware wasn't shit.

I'll stick with my sanded-out wired controller with over two-thirds of the material around it removed. It only took an hour to make one, highly recommended.

UChessmaster
Mon, 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Played the game a bit this morning, it is an awsome game and it looks and plays a lot better that what the trailer show, also, sagat is overpowered >_>

And too all the fucktards who hate piracy and spam me neg rep (because downloading anime, manga and music is totally not piracy and nobody does that here), where in blazes did you get the idea i`m NOT buying the game?

darkshadow
Mon, 02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I got it today, and played it for some hours, unlocked everyone cept seth, and I have to say at first it felt a bit too different from HD remix, slower and such, but after these few hours I realize how freaking awesome it is, mostly cause of akuma being such a badass.

Chun-li and sakura are freaking great btw, Abel is a bit harder to jump into but pretty cool aswell, C viper is pretty great, nice and fast. But yeah there is no doubt about it, most played char for me will definitly be Akuma.... so badass ;'(.

Oh and before the neg reps come in, I BOUGHT it.

itadakimasu
Wed, 02-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Frys has it for $55...so I'm going to stop after work I think and grab it. glad to hear sakura is awesome since she's one of my favorite characters to play with.

As for piracy... If you buy a used copy of a game, isn't that tantamount to the established negative effects of piracy, as far as the money not going to the game developer. If somebody buys the game for $60, then sells it back the next day and you buy their copy for $5 less... none of that money goes to the developers or anything.

same w\ music and movies.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-18-2009, 02:09 PM
yeah, used copies are pretty much as bad, the devs never see any of those "10$" or whatever you spend on it.
Actually used copies are worse, cause in most cases piracy affects a small percentage of the actual sales (most pirates wouldn't buy it anyway), whereas ppl that would buy it anyway, but get a used copy simply cause its cheaper, never contribute to the devs at all.

Or simplified, a pirate makes a copy of a game he wouldn't get anyway ( no sale lost or gained), a used copy redistributes a copy that was already sold without money going to the original distributer ( 1 sale gained, successive sales lost ).
And we all know that people sell or trade games like crazy, so 1 copy could make it as far as 10 different ( possible purchasers) people.
I just buy everything I really want and never trade or sell.

But enough of that, strangely I haven't been playing with Ken at all, its all Abel, Akuma, Gouken, Sakura, Cammy and the occassional Gen. Once you get used to Abel's moveset, he is almost as badass as Akuma, it just feels incredibly satisfying grabbing someone out of the air ;3.

Marik
Wed, 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Just got home from Best Buy with my copy of the PS3 version. I can't wait to settle down and dive into it.

Crappy cell phone quality FTL

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I got my ass handed to me by the CPU over and over with Ryu. Sagat is a nightmare. I switched the difficulty way down and finally beat it once with Chun-Li. I had a much harder time against M.Bison than against Crimson Viper or even Seth.

Yeah....I know I fail hard. The 360 controller makes the game close to unplayable. I may have to break down and order an Arcade in a Box (http://www.arcadeinabox.com/) stick. Chun-Li's Supers are completly out of the question.

One thing that was nice is you really get a feel how much more depth there is to the game underneath the base level. Once I started messing around against Seth in order to negate his cheapness, I started to get a feel for it. The amount of moves and combos that opened up (including Focus Attacks and followups) was pretty huge.

Marik
Wed, 02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Looks like we may get some more characters in SF IV.

Capcom Hints at Dee Jay & T. Hawk for Street Fighter IV

Character modeling and move data already done, says producer.

February 18, 2009 - The two major Street Fighter characters missing from Street Fighter IV may not be so missing after all. In an interview today, SFIV producer said that Capcom managed to put some development time into SFIV renditions of Super Street Fighter II characters Dee Jay and T.Hawk, and may even consider putting them in the game if there's enough of a ruckus amongst the fans.

Speaking with Japan's Weekly Famitsu, Yoshinori Ono revealed that incomplete 3D models for the two characters have already been created. The development staff even planned out how T.Hawk would fight in the new SFIV world. He did not say why the two were kept out of the final.

Fans of T.Hawk and Dee Jay should still keep the hope alive. Ono said that if there's enough demand, the two could be in for a revival at any point. He didn't specify how, but we can picture an arcade update followed by download content for the home versions (free, of course!).

Ono also told the magazine that if there's enough user support, Capcom could end up doing a Championship Edition version of SFIV. Of course, the home version already has the bosses playable, so aside from Chun-Li getting hotter, we're not sure what such a version would entail.

Start writing your local representatives!

Credt: IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/954/954942p1.html)

I would welcome these new additions. The more the better.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh that's badass, but I was already counting on that, T Hawk I can miss, but no deejay is just weird.

and Ryll, the cpu seems really powerfull at first, but it really isn't, they all follow noticeble patterns. Just put it on hardest and keep playing, Seth is always on hardest anyway, regardless of what you set it to.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-19-2009, 12:12 AM
T Hawk is an insult to mexicans. Nuff said.

Animeniax
Thu, 02-19-2009, 12:32 AM
T Hawk is an insult to mexicans. Nuff said.
Wouldn't he be more of an insult to the native Americans?

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-19-2009, 01:15 AM
So? you don't see him representing them... he appears representing Mexico.

kAi
Thu, 02-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Was playing this last night with all my mates and it's an awesome game.
Especially verse battles as it just makes it so much more fun.
I like the art style and the flow of the game was going good.

The only bad part about it was, that my mate's TV that is in the garage isn't HD, so we were missing out on a whole lot as you can tell ALOT that you need this in HD quality!!

darkshadow
Thu, 02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
I just checked the japanese PSN store ( for the ryuu ga gotoku 3 demo), and I noticed the brawler and femme fatale pack are online, checked the japanese xbl marketplace and they are up there aswell.
No word on the western store/marketplace availability yet.

Edit:
Finally got gold and played some matches online, and well its pretty great online, definitly not as good as playing at school, but still TONS better then against cpu.
But still, there are too many noobs online atm, just won my 20th match in a row.

itadakimasu
Sat, 02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I got online last night and played around 50 matches. i kinda like the arcade mode where people can join and challenge, but I don't understand how it determines the game host... sometimes when people join my game, they are game host and 1p position, and i prefer being in 1p position.

Had several noobs disconnect their system when i beat them, lol...didn't realise what they were doing the first couple times, then i was like... Oh, they got owned and i dont even know hot to use vega! so they unplug to avoid loss on their acct !

im about 50/50 so far, probably 10/10 when using sagat. i usually switch to sagat if i lose a few matches in a row.

LaZie
Sat, 02-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Trying to unlock Seth right now. I have everybody else already :p

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow, I think Akuma and Gokuen are out of my league for a while, excepting maybe the Zangief cheating method.

I usually lose 3/4 matches on xbox Live. If you do ever want to play a match, my gamertag matches my username. I don't play ranked too much though, given my win record (or lack thereof).

Love Crimson Viper by the way. She quickly overcame Cammy at the center of my heart. She fits right into my two separate fighting styles too, though regrettably that hasn't been working out too well online so far. Still having a little trouble getting the moves to always work with the analog stick.

darkshadow
Sat, 02-21-2009, 04:59 PM
I just use the dpad, I think the ppl that have trouble with the 360 dpad are treating it too rough, you need to be gentle with it, I'm already accustomed to it so it doesn't matter much for me anymore.
C viper is nice, but I'm def. far and I mean extremely better with cammy, the 20win streak was with her btw.

edit:
Wall street fighter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlpsvq0k4MI&fmt=18
Sonic BLOOMBERG :D

Idealistic
Sat, 02-21-2009, 11:49 PM
SF4 is awesome. I agree about online too. It's not HDRemix level, but it's still very good. There are like 10000000 Kens though. What's even worse is they all play the SAME way. Jump in kicks and shoryukens all day.

Have to get use to this game's combo system though. It's nothing but links so you need to work on the timing.

I play Rose btw.

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Have to get use to this game's combo system though. It's nothing but links so you need to work on the timing.I disagree. Using the new Focus system properly, you can make a match all about interrupts. That way you can play staggered timing and move in and out.

Quite a number of players forget to use it, even some of the better players, so if you get the timing and charge times down on a focus attack, you can easily shift out of any linked chain you're getting pounded with.

You can get a full reversal without having to use an Ultra attack.

itadakimasu
Sun, 02-22-2009, 10:44 AM
i switched to chun-li for my main. As much as i like sakura, i have trouble w\ a lot of people in online matches.

my most embarrassing match was against zangeif... you figure you can beat that slow russian bastard, but i only landed maybe 2-3 hits because when im half way up from being knocked down i get grabbed again... wtf

also, finally figured out that i could hot-key focus attack : ) so now i'm using it more

darkshadow
Sun, 02-22-2009, 03:09 PM
if you hold jump, he can never grab you

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Meh, even if I am going to have to admit I suck for now (UC and Supers are still 50/50 with the controller), I do gain some satisfaction in almost beating someone who's actually pretty good.

That was always half the experience of a real arcade. Unseating the champion. :D

If I can pressure them and make them sweat a little, then I've done my part.

But I totally wiped the floor with an Akuma by using Cammy. :p

Idealistic
Sun, 02-22-2009, 04:08 PM
You can't use the Focus Attack to interupt combos...

You can absorb the first hit and counter with it, yeah, but some chains are too fast to even do that. Armor break moves own it too.

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I didn't say combos, I said chains of attacks, because of what you said. You can't stop a combo, but you can kill your opponent's momentum.

Focus attacks themselves are easily countered by popping of a quick set of regular attacks. Low punch seems to work the best for me. The Focus Attack absorbs only one major hit. It's how the Gen AI always breaks through.

darkshadow
Sun, 02-22-2009, 04:25 PM
I noticed something, and I wonder WHY Capcom ( or Dimps) made this idiot decision.
All the recognisable/remixed themes are arcade mode ONLY, when you play versus, or online, each stage has its own track.
Not that they aren't good, but I get really pumped by some of the oldskool tracks, why didn't we get an option to simply always use them ;(.

Edit: ugh I think Balrog doesn't have a theme at all ;(

Idealistic
Mon, 02-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I didn't say combos, I said chains of attacks, because of what you said. You can't stop a combo, but you can kill your opponent's momentum.

Focus attacks themselves are easily countered by popping of a quick set of regular attacks. Low punch seems to work the best for me. The Focus Attack absorbs only one major hit. It's how the Gen AI always breaks through.

Well my first post about links was pretty much stating that a lot of the combos are now links instead of quick "dial-a-combo" stuff.

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-23-2009, 07:09 PM
my most embarrassing match was against zangeif... you figure you can beat that slow russian bastard, but i only landed maybe 2-3 hits because when im half way up from being knocked down i get grabbed again... wtfI played against my friends a ton last night locally. One of them is really good with Zangeif, and dominated the rest of us as we all tried to figure out some of the game engine's quirks while beating the shit out of each other. Since this is related...

I don't know the exact name for it, but how do you counter Zangief's grab where he starts walking towards you slowly with both hands raised?
Aside from just running away:
- You can't throw counter it (we tried extensively), since as a special it isn't strictly a throw.
- You can't counter it with a focus attack (since it is a throw...but see above, wtf?).
- You can't stop it with a kick or a jab (since it appears to have auto block properties).

Seriously, this move seems unblockable, uncounterable, and unstoppable.

itadakimasu
Mon, 02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
I think its same as akumas bullshit super and ultra combos... ultra takes like... 70%+ hp away and its almost 100% unblockable... maybe next time somebody tries it i will try jumping away but idk if that will help any.

I've been trying to wait on ranked matches for people to pick because I've had so many people do the same lame akuma strategy, jumping hadoken, jumping hadoken etc... you can jump over them but then they attack you when you do and its just a lame tactic that makes the game less fun.

i'm really bitching about akuma's ultra though because you can block almost every other ultra combo but even if you're blocking his hits still... not very balanced.

Idealistic
Tue, 02-24-2009, 01:09 AM
@Ryll, either hit it twice real fast or use a armor breaking move.

darkshadow
Tue, 02-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Hitting twice is too risky, just use a shoryuken type move, cammy's spiral arrow is the savest bet, fucking kills it.
and you can jump akuma's ultra/super, unless you just landed or are starting an attack. Just hold jump he CAN'T grab you ( same with gief ), I bait ppl by simply doing the super first so they jump over it, then i do the ultra on land :)

itadakimasu
Tue, 02-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Do you guys play ranked matches? How many battlepoints do you have?

I have mine set up for ranked matches so after I login, I goto arcade mode and usually only wait a few seconds before I have somebody join the match, as opposed to trying to join a match and only successfully joining like... 1 in 10 matches and wasting time searching over and over.

I had 852 battlepoints last night but lost a few costly matches (70-80 bp's each) and ended up w\ around 475 when I quit last night.

Marik
Tue, 02-24-2009, 10:55 AM
I only have 592 bp, because I suck. I've played 29 ranked matches and won 16 of them, 55.17%.

darkshadow
Tue, 02-24-2009, 11:36 AM
1400bp here, was at an 88.88% win rate, but lost a few and dropped to like 75%.

6Zabuza9
Tue, 02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Lol, i saw this in gamefaqs sf4 board earlier where they always bitch about having to fight so many kens online and i came across this.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/_ORIONSTAR/1235516357955.png

itadakimasu
Tue, 02-24-2009, 10:59 PM
LOLz

thats so funny, and true. i love ken, but honestly, for some reason i cant seem to get off his ultra very often... I get it off like, 1/15 times that i attempt it.

my player stats is like :

33% chun li
33% sakura
15% sagat
10% ken
10% ryu

I've been trying to wait to see who the other person picks, or fake them out.. like, go hover over akuma and see what they do. sagat is so overpowered, if somebody picks him i probably will get him too because he does so much dmg to people like sakura.

I had a match earlier w\ sakura vs zangeif and it was like running away from a hairy russian pedofile

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-25-2009, 08:03 AM
What's the difference between SF4 and HD:remix? I'm thinking of getting one of them.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-25-2009, 08:21 AM
HD remix is super SF2 turbo with a new paint job, and costs 15$?
SF4 is....well SF4, 2.5D fighter with several new mechanics, moves, and balancing issues, and costs 60$?

itadakimasu
Wed, 02-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Does anybody know where to find a listing of charactor stats? like, how much hp they have, dmg they do, etc.

http://www.ualist.com/video/video/PevTveHj9sE/watch.html

I found this video that breaks all the charactors into Class rankings, Sagat being the only S rated charactor. It's sorta helpful, but i'm not sure how accurate it is because of the stun ratings. They say how much damage they can take before being stunned, and most of them it's the same as their HP, and i've seen lots of charactors stunned.

I think the only one really accurate in a sense that can effect game play is sagat though... he just does alot of damage, and has good moves. I have beat a couple sagats w\ sakura but most of the time if somebody picks sagat, i will pick sagat too.

I had this guy pick akuma, then when I picked sagat he unplugged his ps3 to disconnect, which i think they need to track in rankings since I guess its a popular thing to do.

darkshadow
Fri, 02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
The femme fatale pack is now up on xbl marketplace and psn store, the shoryuken pack is also online on the japanese versions of both.

LaZie
Mon, 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Anybody playing this on xbox live? I just managed to hook up my xbox to my neighbor's wireless through the laptop. Add me! LaYz33

itadakimasu
Mon, 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
i had a surprising 5/5 streak during my lunch break... I'm considering not playing any more ranked matches because I know I'm not going to be top 10 of anything, and losing 80 hard earned battle points in a weak match just gets annoying... I had 1100 battlepoints and it dwindled to below 500 in just 30-45 minutes.

People force me to play w\ sagat because sakura just takes too much damage against most other charactors, of which when playing online is basically 80% ken. Losing to ehonda is just infuriating... same w\ zangief. I kind of enjoy laming out against zangief w\ sagat cause you know he just wants to grab you and sagat can keep him back pretty well.

itadakimasu
Fri, 04-24-2009, 03:24 PM
They released championship mode today.

I didn't go through all the screens on exactly how it works but it is a huge improvement ( i think ) over the other multiplayer modes. For one, it shows a persons disconnect percentage when they join and also on the charactor select screen it doesn't let you see who the other person picks. So no more 30 second standoff's on the char select screen.

anybody still playing on PSN?

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-24-2009, 03:44 PM
also on the charactor select screen it doesn't let you see who the other person picks. So no more 30 second standoff's on the char select screen.
Why is this not the default mode for online multiplayer, hard-coded into the game before it ever leaves beta? There have been way too many fighting games released without this feature. I wonder when they will ever get it into their heads that unless you are face to face with the person at the arcade, they are going to try and be little bitches about it. The whole crowd around them would start calling them out on it in a real arcade.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 05-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm playing on the the PS3, got about 2800BP. User name is DB_Hunter, feel free to add.

6Zabuza9
Thu, 05-07-2009, 03:36 AM
i currently play on xbox live. i main M.Bison (Dictator) and have roguhy 1k BP and ranke G2-D in championship. feel free to add me as well if you're interested in playing. GT: tw3lv3 1nch3s

DB_Hunter
Thu, 05-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Anyone else been suffering frequent disconnections on the PS3 network since the championship mode update? I never got disconnected even once before this updated and now I do all the time. The worst thing is it takes off over 100 points if you get disconnected.... I have ended up losing about 700 points or something due to this shit.

rockmanj
Thu, 05-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I just got the game...not sure if I'm ready to jump into the waters, since I haven't played yet, but my psn id is the same as my gotwoot.

itadakimasu
Thu, 05-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Since championship mode, I haven't played many ranked matches... but I played one and Im pretty sure it was the other guy who dc'd, but I still lost alot of points.

I think championship mode is funny because of the psychology of the point system in that you never lose points. If i spend 2 hours playing ranked matches and get +500 or so points, and then drop 125-150 in one match to some random ken.. it makes me mad.

I play more relaxed in championship mode and don't take it too serious, which leads to some fun matches playing either as random or as dan.

rockmanj
Fri, 05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I know I'm probably late to this, but how cheap is Seth? I mean, I can handle him, but his priority is just too high, and that stupid piledriver!

itadakimasu
Fri, 05-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Seths throw's do alot of damage. He's tough, but w\ online play he's not used very often.

I was picking random last night for a while until I got Rufus... at which point i played another 2 hours only as rufus ! he can pwn. I did lose in a rufus vs. dan match though : (

Marik
Tue, 06-16-2009, 01:11 PM
For those that waited for the PC version.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/14601/Street+Fighter+4+Benchmark+Tool

darkshadow
Wed, 06-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Possibly faster downloads:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_47126.shtml

Just tested it and wow:
Click images to enlarge
8x AA
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8138/8aa33r.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5328/8aal.jpg)

no AA
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7707/noaa33x.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3878/noaag.jpg)

Lol, with 8x aa it looks like Street Fighter 4 turbo. But with no aa, it looks like Street Fighter 4 turbo with the mega turbo cheat from sf2turbo turned on haha ( yes there is a frame limiter and vsync option).
Anyway it looks great, the ink shaders don't impact performance and look nice.
Definitly getting this.

Psyke
Wed, 06-17-2009, 11:23 AM
My laptop can't hack it, only 40fps. Looks like if I ever play SF4 it will be on the PS3.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-17-2009, 11:31 AM
What's the performance like on PS3? I'd only consider this on PC if:

1) PS3 is considerably more expensive (say 50%?)
2) PS3 performance is significantly worse.

darkshadow
Wed, 06-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Ps3 version runs just fine at 60fps, like it should run. But it definitly doesn't look as good as the pc version, nor does the xbox360 version.

Marik
Wed, 06-17-2009, 01:54 PM
lol @ how fast it moves

Idealistic
Wed, 06-17-2009, 02:24 PM
That looks soooo nice.

Here's a picture with all the settings turned off.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2395/lowmod.jpg

darkshadow
Wed, 06-17-2009, 05:28 PM
I turned all this stuff on

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8504/sf42s.th.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sf42s.jpg)

I think you got a lower score cause you didn't put soft shadows on highest. And perhaps cause my cpu is running at 3ghz.

Marik
Wed, 06-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I just noticed there was a highest after a guy I know showed me his. http://i42.tinypic.com/2czst9u.png

Highest + Ink + AA (I like the ink look)

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5486/settings.th.jpg (http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=settings.jpg)

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1879/highestinkwithaa.th.jpg (http://img5.imageshack.us/my.php?image=highestinkwithaa.jpg)

For some reason I can't capture the screen with AA turned off, It comes up as a all black picture.

EDIT: I had to run it in windowed mode to get a cap of it with no AA.

Highest + Ink - AA

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3733/highestinknoaa.th.jpg (http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=highestinknoaa.jpg)

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7945/sf41.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sf41.jpg) http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4186/sf42.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sf42.jpg) http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4886/sf43.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sf43.jpg)

darkshadow
Wed, 06-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah it would've been weird for his score ( and mine) to be so much lower, seeing how 1600x1200 is a good 100k pixels more then 1080/50p.
I wanted to see how far I could push it, and it seems it is just impossible to get lower then 60 fps.

2560x1024:
in trying to keep the aspect, it zooms a lot, which is weird, but does bring the action up close.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9116/256012.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7774/2560.jpg)

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6285/sc256012.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/11/sc2560.jpg)

And for shits and giggles I tried running it on my laptop:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/393/lapcrap.jpg

I like watercolor more then Ink though.

Anyway now I can't wait for RE5 on pc, I mean can you even imagine that game running at 60fps? Crazy.

Marik
Tue, 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Street Fighter IV PC Costume Mods

Goku vs Buu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zny80cO4WNM)

Mech Akuma vs Mech Zangief (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRPfR7xjzjo)

Cammy (Harley Quinn Costume) vs. Rose (Nurse Costume) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtc8o1wBd5E)

Goku vs Hollywood Hogan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwXGYWcpSmA)

Sagat (Kratos Costume) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHHGNkKL_PM)

Fei Long (Guy Costume (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmjpxNVEarM)

Fei Long (Bruce Lee Costume (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PclNlZQG-d4)

Cammy, Vega, Ken, & Balrog Customs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9JDlxpB-E&fmt=22) The Cammy, Vega, and Balrog ones are nice.

Devil Ken vs Devil Ryu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7nLqxZnfUI&fmt=22) Looks Badass

animus
Tue, 07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aTlrDYkso&feature=channel

Sakura and Zangief Moves Swap

Saw that a couple days ago, I lol'd so hard.

darkshadow
Wed, 07-22-2009, 08:43 AM
You can find all of the skins here:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=199446

rockmanj
Wed, 07-22-2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aTlrDYkso&feature=channel

Sakura and Zangief Moves Swap

Saw that a couple days ago, I lol'd so hard.

WTF is up with Sakura's face?

Marik
Tue, 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM
GameStop has Street Fighter IV for PS3 & 360 marked down to $19.99 this week only. The PS3 version is sold out online, but it's available in store for $19.99 as well.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/gssfiv.jpg

UChessmaster
Tue, 07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
I`m confused... the "New" version is NOT guaranteed to work?

darkshadow
Sun, 08-02-2009, 10:16 AM
One stop shop wiki for mods (http://sf4mods.pbworks.com/)
Great dedicated online resource, and it also seem that Stage Music can be replaced now, which is just fantastic, I think I might get to enjoy the game a bit more now.

UChessmaster
Mon, 09-28-2009, 09:22 AM
http://www.capcom.co.jp/newwarrior/index.html

:o

darkshadow
Mon, 09-28-2009, 10:09 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/09/500x_mebbe.jpg

Old news by now ;P, T Hawk definitly. That would mean Deejay as well.

Marik
Mon, 09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Looks like it's Super Street Fighter IV with T.Hawk and a lady named Juri.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/ssf417.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/juri1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/THawk1.jpg

darkshadow
Mon, 09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Juri is an evil asian lady working for Shadoloo, and DAMN that looks like Tae Kwon Do right? Man I was so hoping she did that, greatness :D

That means the other rumors are true as well:

Rumors from : Johnny5Optimus

"ahem, lemme just add to this thread

All rumoured returners from ST(DJ,Hawk), Alpha(Final Fighters, Adon) and 3S(Dud, Mak, Ibu) are true.

Everyone has 2 Ultras.

Hakan - arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
Juri - evil asian girl fighter working for Seth.

some ppl have played this updated version and one was quoted as saying "It doesn't play anything like IV currently does."

Announcement should be made at TGS and the Japanese SF4 blog later this week.

Also, they're calling it SSF4.

believe me or not, but mark this post for tomorrow/late tonight.

annndddd im out."

""- Guile has Sonic Hurricane
- Everyone has two Ultras at once. No selection. COmmands don't overlap.
- One super, two ultras (Note: WTF???). Except Sakura, who has Shinkuu Hadoken back for 2 and 2. All 3S characters have all three of their supers, except one is super and two are ultra (Note: This seems backwards to me).
- Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.
- Guy has his chains (Note: YES)
- Dudley now has ten target combos, up from nine in 3S.
- Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter. Yes, he has the knife.
- Makoto has her super as Tanden Renki. May be possible to activate with an Ultra charged to commence the rape time.
- Gen gets a new air Ultra. He still doesn't hagve his chains back at this point (Edit: :( )
- Juri's top may bear a vague resemblance to Shiki, with a bit of Hinata hair.
- Expect the return of the many familiar supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken (note: Obviously, this guy didn't know that Metsu Shoryuken isn't new). Return of Kikosho, Sonic Hurricane, Denjin(Gouken), Tiger Cannon.
- Expect sick names like Breathless, Yoga Shangri-La, Psycho Punisher and Demon Armageddon.
- Expect a lot of air activated ultras, i.e; Siberian Blizzard, Gief's ****ing air 720. Yes, you read that correctly.
- Return of the bonus stage."

Cool stuff, I know Juri is my new main already :D

Psyke
Mon, 09-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Juri? Reminds me of June (http://www.flickr.com/photos/spadefoxesp/3162235682/) from Star Gladiator.

darkshadow
Mon, 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3-b-B3O9to

haha too funny. "and dont get me started on blanka and his constant bullshit!!!"

Marik
Mon, 09-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Man, people use that Hitler vid for everything. The Haruhi one is still my fave.

fahoumh
Mon, 09-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Kinda lame to see they're bringing back T.Hawk to the series as he was my least favourite SSF2 character, and even among the entire SF series. It's actually kind of funny to see him coming back because just the other day my friend and I were saying how glad we were to not see him in SF4, hahaha. Oh, the ironing.

EDIT: Juri looks pretty badass. If she plays anything like Sakura, I'm totally sold.

Marik
Mon, 09-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Super Street Fighter IV Confirmed, Is Standalone Title

Capcom today have announced Super Street Fighter IV, a new, standalone title which is Street Fighter IV with eight new characters added and some tweaks made based on community feedback.

Of the eight characters, three have been announced: classic characters T. Hawk and Dee Jay (Dee Jay's reveal coming in the latest issue of Famitsu, below), and newcomer Juri. The rest could be anyone; new characters, old favourites, a mix of the two. We have no idea!

In terms of improvements to the game itself, producer Yoshinori Ono says that every character has been changed slightly based on comments from both players and the dev team, while an improved online experience is also promised.

Which begs the question: why an all-new title, and not just a range of DLC? Ono says the changes are so extensive that they couldn't just be tacked on, so a disc release was necessary. Those crying "RIP OFF" should know that the game "won't be sold at full price", and that those owning both the original and Super will are in store for an as-yet-unspecified treat.

It's due in Spring 2010 for the PS3 and 360.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/deejay.jpg

Gamespot has some impressions up http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6230625/super-street-fighter-iv-impressions-first-look?tag=topslot;thumb;1

Hrmm, 8 new chars. I'm hoping they'll add a few more female characters to the roster. I would love to see Karin, R. Mika, & Maki from Alpha 3 Max in the game. .

6Zabuza9
Mon, 09-28-2009, 10:39 PM
hope i dont have to rebuy all the dlc costumes.

darkshadow
Tue, 09-29-2009, 05:22 AM
@fahoumh

Why would she play anything like Sakura? She does Taekwondo not made-up-karate style.
Also in the gameplay footage she looks like a mix between Kim from KOF and a bit of Hwoarang from tekken.

@Marik

The new Characters are obviously going to be:
"All rumoured returners from ST(DJ,Hawk), Alpha(Final Fighters, Adon) and 3S(Dud, Mak, Ibu) are true.
Hakan - arabic grappler obsessed with oil.
Juri - evil asian girl fighter working for Seth."

The guy was right before ( with console characters for SF4) and he got Juri, DJ and Thunda right, plus Ibuki shows up in the comics beating the shit out of c viper, PLUS someone throws a kunai in Fei Longs ending. So yeah I think those are the characters you should expect.

Here is the interview with Ono, which also shows some gameplay in the back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9dITMggFc0

Though I fail to see how DLC isn't an option, Samurai warriors 2 got upgraded to Samurai Warriors 2XL, which was offered as a 2.5GB, 30 euro DLC. The game had HUGE changes in XL and lots of extra content.
If they truely wanted to make it DLC they could've.

edit:

"You heard that right folks! Shizowa san has revealed today in the new re-designed Super Street Fighter Blog, that this coming Thursday (oct 1st) a new trailer will show the new characters (including Dee jay) in Motion as well as the revelation of a new stage, a new song (plz ;let it be good and let it replace indestructible) as well as a new mode.

Shizowa san als revealed that we will be getting development update every Tuesday and Friday(instead of just Friday) starting from this week, although as an exception for this week Friday's update which will occur Thursday.

I for one is hoping for a story heavy mode a la blazblue. What about you guys? "

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4212/9bcb38ec0dff0774624f832.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8214/088cfccce681818b8e6759d.jpg

Note Juri's Ultra says "TIME", Time based custom combo ultra's? Also it seems her name is pronounced as "Dju-ri", or "Giu-ri Han" in full.
Also If you look at the scan with DeeJay, the left screen shot shows his "maxout" is insanely big now.

Japanese site online!
http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/

Juri vs T Hawk gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csly3YrSVPQ&fmt=18
Note T hawk's theme playing in the back.
Juri is crazy awesome though, terrific looking ultra/super and fantastic regular/ex moves. You can also cleary see the I and II on the ultra gauge now, so I really wonder if the TIME ultra is something everyone has.

T Hawk seems to do awesome damage and his ultra was pretty sweet too.

Psyke
Tue, 09-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Haha good news and I'm glad I didn't buy SF IV when it came out. If KOF does the same thing to me, I'd be pretty pissed since most people are expecting some sort of free DLC.

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I for one is hoping for a story heavy mode a la blazblue. What about you guys? "Capcom hasn't ever really had a big emphasis on backstory, where Arc System Works has always written more story then they really seem to cover in game itself, hence the need for Oshiete Litchi-sensei. There seemed to be more intertwined stories in BlazBlue then there has been in all of the main Street Fighter games. Darkstalkers on the other hand has a bit more, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Haha good news and I'm glad I didn't buy SF IV when it came out.I'm quite glad I left regular SFIV at a friends house forever. If SSF IV is a full price $60 USD, I'm not going to be happy at all. That would be very upsetting for how much of the work they can simply copy from SFIV. The development costs should not be too much higher.

EDIT: After watching the video, Juri's fighting style reminds me of an over-the-top Sarah Bryant from Virtua Fighter. A lot of similar looking moves, if exaggerated.

Marik
Tue, 09-29-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm quite glad I left regular SFIV at a friends house forever. If SSF IV is a full price $60 USD, I'm not going to be happy at all. That would be very upsetting for how much of the work they can simply copy from SFIV. The development costs should not be too much higher.
It won't be full price.

"Those crying "RIP OFF" should know that the game "won't be sold at full price", and that those owning both the original and Super will are in store for an as-yet-unspecified treat."
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICdpgD4eLGA&fmt=22)

Ryllharu
Tue, 09-29-2009, 04:08 PM
True, I forgot about that.

Still, I've seen promises broken before, so just like with the hope for an expanded story mode, I won't hold my breath.

darkshadow
Tue, 09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Heh It wasn't me hoping for the story mode, hence the "" ;P.

Deejay looks badass though, freaking awesome that they showed his famous , jumping medium kick > triple crouching low punch > double kick combo :D.

Marik
Tue, 09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Juri vs T. Hawk - better quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBLYxnKuvs&fmt=22)

A vid that shows Dee Jay in action as well - better quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jyK3j0rqAk&fmt=22)

---

Also, Super Street Fighter IV won't be released in arcades.

4:40 into this Game reactor Interview

http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/19583/GRTV%3A+Super+Street+Fighter+IV/

darkshadow
Tue, 09-29-2009, 04:50 PM
That's odd, I guess their focus truely is the western market, still the only thing I hope for is that the PC version won't be ages later. Otherwise i'll just be playing SF4 PC instead.

fahoumh
Tue, 09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
@fahoumh

Why would she play anything like Sakura? She does Taekwondo not made-up-karate style.
Also in the gameplay footage she looks like a mix between Kim from KOF and a bit of Hwoarang from tekken.

I meant similar in the way of special move inputs, like mostly rotational joystick movements (Sakura) vs. directional joystick movements (Chun-Li). I've never been terribly good with characters like Guile, Bison, and Chun-Li because I am teh suck with specials that use back-forward and up-down movements. Yes, I'm one of THOSE players. :o

6Zabuza9
Wed, 09-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Juri vs T. Hawk - better quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBLYxnKuvs&fmt=22)

A vid that shows Dee Jay in action as well - better quality (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jyK3j0rqAk&fmt=22)

---

Also, Super Street Fighter IV won't be released in arcades.

4:40 into this Game reactor Interview

http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/19583/GRTV%3A+Super+Street+Fighter+IV/

Damn T.Hawks ultra does like 3/4 or ur life. Looks like he plays like Zangeif with a shoryuken >:O

darkshadow
Thu, 10-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Direct feed version of the newest trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feBPmhBEIr8)

Man Deejay looks awesome, I just hope his english VA is much more like the on in hdremix, also the new remixed sf4 theme song is pretty cool. Juri's theme is badass though, fits her perfectly, I also love her VA already :D.

Marik
Thu, 10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Another interview

IGN: Super Street Fighter IV Blowout (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1030332p1.html)

---

IGN: Will there be a new theme song for Super IV?
Ono: Yeah you don't have to worry about being indestructible anymore, haha. We're fixing that.

Haha, nice.

Marik
Tue, 10-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Which Street Fighter IV Character Was This? (http://kotaku.com/5380701/which-street-fighter-iv-character-was-this)

darkshadow
Tue, 10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I think that at that point of the design it was actually still a girl.

Marik
Fri, 10-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Super Street Fighter IV is listed at GameStop now.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76129

3/23/2010 and $39.99

itadakimasu
Mon, 10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
sorry for bumping the 3 week old hitler review... but it was halarious. Especially this :

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/bbaucom/sf4nazi.jpg

my last 2 hour SF4 my opponents were Ryu 9/10 times. I played 2 zangiefs, 2 Dhalsims, 2 Guiles and a few kens. But the rest picked Ryu.

itadakimasu
Thu, 11-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I kept getting owned last night... I had this akuma trap me in a corner w\ fireballs and i couldn't jump or anything, i'd have to block the fireballs and then he was able to sweep me before i could do anything and then more fireballs and repeat....

I'm also beyond sick of Ryu's ultra combo because ryu seems to have so many ways to juggle you in the air and make it 99.999% impossible to block his ultra. so many times when i throw an ultra, even if they're in the air... somehow all of a sudden they're on the ground in time to block my ultra.

also lots of lame sagat's online who think they're aweome or something playing w\ sagat even when I pick random and then close my eyes until the match starts so that it's 100% random surprise... yeah, i do that pretty often actually. I'm hardcore.

I have played most of my matches this week w\ fei long but i need to run through his challenges so i can get some combos together, i'm just not very competative yet w\ him.

darkshadow
Thu, 11-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Use a charge character if you have issues with Akuma. Well used Vega and Bison can rape him, but you might want to stick with Bison cause Vega is incredibly low tier, you really have to work hard to win.

Guile is a pretty good choice too, just eat the first fireball, then repay him with a flashkick, result: you do more damage.
Or if you can time it right ( with any char ), just eat the fireball with a focus attack, then release it the second it hits you.

Marik
Fri, 11-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Super Street Fighter IV Extended Demo Vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7cNYYSDzzY&fmt=22)

New Modes Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2pfMXzWrZY&fmt=22)

fahoumh
Sat, 11-14-2009, 09:37 AM
The Replay mode looks pretty cool. It's always entertaining to watch really good players play games, especially fighters. The Bonus stages remind me of the old days playing SF2 on my SNES, haha.

The people playing in the first video were not very good...and seeing T-Hawk and Dee Jay brought back bad memories of SSF2 of a very frustrated 13 y/o me fighting against computer-controlled versions of said characters.

itadakimasu
Sun, 11-15-2009, 07:57 PM
are they going to improve the battle system?

I've been playing alot this week and have come to realize how broken alot of things are. Such as juggling...why can some charactors juggle and others cant? why not have a uniform rule for juggling.

If I hit an opponent into the air and i'm using cammy, i should be able to hit them while they're in the air, yet it doesn't hit... but ryu has 2-3 moves that basically leave you helpless in the air while he pulls off his ultra.

Also, it happens all too often that my opponent is in mid-punch/kick or about to land from doing a move, but then when i do my ultra... wow... somehow they've landed already and are crouched blocking my ultra! how ... broken.

And then there are the throw priorities that I think are redonkulous. throws shouldn't take any priority over attacks that are being executed... it makes the game alot less realistic.

darkshadow
Mon, 11-16-2009, 05:10 AM
The throw priorities are indeed fucking stupid, especially seeing how throwing has been changed for the worse from SF2 > SF4, tech'ing a throw in SF2 is easier (somewhat, you could argue that the speed of the game makes it harder) but it also leaves you with a bit of damage, instead of nothing at all like in SF4.

Opponents being able to block your ultra while it seems that they are in an active frame state is probably due to lag.
And yes people like Ryu have a 1001 ways to effectively land an ultra, while someone like cammy only has 1, which is as a counter on active frames.... so fucking rediculous.
Sagat can even first give you his super, then follow up with his ultra, and land BOTH 100%, so stupid.

I still enjoy hdremix more then sf4.

Psyke
Mon, 11-16-2009, 06:48 AM
It's the balance between SF characters which made me prefer the KOF games, which characters are really varied in gamplay and made more or less even. Not too sure if I will get the next installment, given the opinions stated here.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-16-2009, 04:40 PM
If I hit an opponent into the air and i'm using cammy, i should be able to hit them while they're in the air, yet it doesn't hit... but ryu has 2-3 moves that basically leave you helpless in the air while he pulls off his ultra.
You sound like the perfect candidate for playing Guilty Gear XX with Jam. I think I chained a 34 hit combo all in midair with her once.

/a fellow Cammy player

I know a lot of the reason people still consider Street Fighter as king is because it fundamentally hasn't changed in so many years. It's the same reason Tekken gets praise despite a total lack of innovation. Unfortunately, this usually means a lot of old, unbalanced, or broken mechanics carry over from game to game.

I don't think they'll ever fix the advantages all the shoto characters. They're simply the most popular, and protagonists/antagonists of the series.

On the same vein as Psyke, I really prefer the hectic but subtly technical engines of the Arc System Works games. It's not hard for a beginner (with knowledge of dragon punch and quarter circle commands) to jump in and give a veteran at least a decent fight. The balance they put into the games is a lot better too, and the play styles for each of their characters vary tremendously. BlazBlue has only one character I'd actually consider a shoto. The others are completely out there and play totally uniquely. There are characters I've thought were certainly lower tier, but then played a practitioner of that character online and been completely dominated.

All that said, I'll probably still pick up SSFIV. More characters is always a plus, and I permanently loaned my first copy.

darkshadow
Mon, 11-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Old unbalanced broken mechanics? HDremix is pretty much the most balanced SF out there, it plays worlds different from SF4.
The gamespeed is different, the jumping is entirely different, the throwing is different, the recovery frames are different, priorities and hitboxes have been changed, plus they added EX, Focus and dashes(from sf3). Heck it is because they changed so much is why certain characters are just so superior over others in SF4.

Tekken and Doa are prolly the most unchanged, Where KOF had the biggest change.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Old unbalanced broken mechanics? HDremix is pretty much the most balanced SF out there, it plays worlds different from SF4.
The gamespeed is different, the jumping is entirely different, the throwing is different, the recovery frames are different, priorities and hitboxes have been changed, plus they added EX, Focus and dashes(from sf3). Heck it is because they changed so much is why certain characters are just so superior over others in SF4.

Tekken and Doa are prolly the most unchanged, Where KOF had the biggest change.I'm not arguing about HD Remix. I've got it, and it's great. I've seen the dev's log about the intricacies and problems he had with balancing. I've no complaints with it, they did an amazing job. I was critiquing the main series.

You brought up DOA, and I've played all of them, so I can't completely agree with you on this one. There were massive changes from DOA1 up through DOA2:Hardcore. The control scheme changed from P, K, and H(old) --> to P, K, F(ree) with a countering system added and throws being two button inputs. The format was changed from ringed fights with a "danger zone" to a more open 3D stage with a few dynamic elements for each stage (that Tekken later copied).

After that it was much smaller refinements. The counters were changed again in DOA3, with middle kick switching directions, the only attack countered with a forward tap. Then DOA4 added in unblockable charge moves that were taken from other franchises. DOA4 is pretty old now, but DOA had always been about character models over technical aspect of the fighting. It's more about a good chain of flowing attacks that also fake your opponent out so they can't use counters on you. Simple stuff, but still scratches that fighting game itch.

I'd say Tekken is the most unchanged, followed by Virtua Fighter, then DOA (post-2:Hardcore)

darkshadow
Tue, 11-17-2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah I don't really count Doa1 because its so different from the other entries in the series, but yeah most of the changes it had later on were mostly the counter inputs. I personally felt VF3tb > VF4E was a bigger change then doa2 > doa4, but maybe not.
Tekken is definitly the most unchanged.

I really hoped SF4 would've just be HDremix but in 3D ( and new chars ofcourse) :(.

bagandscalpel
Tue, 11-24-2009, 03:25 AM
And lo, the clouds parted and Capcom, the LORD, did impart gifts upon the world.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1150/ssf4update1.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9623/ssf4update2.jpg

darkshadow
Tue, 11-24-2009, 06:15 AM
Three characters in a single update, thats pretty nice of capcom, though I was hoping to hear more about the "Hakan" new character and the new ultras.
But this is nice news too.

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-24-2009, 10:05 AM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9623/ssf4update2.jpg

Top right screen. Guy deflecting a Kunai. Ibuki?

bagandscalpel
Wed, 11-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Top right screen. Guy deflecting a Kunai. Ibuki?
Seems to be the general consensus.

And now, a trailer for the newcomers, and their English voice work:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/35905/super-street-fighter-iv/videos/superstreet4_trl_newfighter_112309.html

itadakimasu
Wed, 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
bad ass.

I wanna try out Juri. Also probably going to play w\ Adon.

This coming from a guy who still doesn't have Gouken or Seth unlocked :( It is kinda lame to do a reboot game if it's going to be $60. Should be cheaper if you already own SF4.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 11-25-2009, 03:33 PM
This coming from a guy who still doesn't have Gouken or Seth unlocked :( It is kinda lame to do a reboot game if it's going to be $60. Should be cheaper if you already own SF4.
Don't worry.

Super SFIV won't be full-price, and all the characters will be unlocked from the get-go.

darkshadow
Wed, 11-25-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't have Seth unlocked either, cause I don't need to have him. Though Gouken is really easy to unlock, so weird you don't have him yet >_>.

darkshadow
Thu, 11-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Newest Character trailer showing all the latest new characters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnpzglSdmRY&feature&hd=1)

fucking awesome, I got goosebumps seeing guy and adon being so fuking badass, also the transition from the music to t hawk's theme was BADASS.
I think I'm more excited now about guy and adon then I was about JuRi :P.

last_hopes
Sun, 12-06-2009, 02:57 AM
well as the title says , after a race where do i post the results of the race and the screenshots, to whom or to where, acording to the rlz the game results and screenshots may be send, but there dont say where, or have to be posted? well, ill aprecciate if u answer. tnx

itadakimasu
Mon, 12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
So... can somebody give me pointers on doing this?

I wasted 45 minutes the other day trying to do it. I played through arcade mode w\ akuma and got some perfects and some ultra combo finishes.. Pretty sure I didn't lose a round.

THen i played through w\ ryu who i've beat the game w\ before. After seth, it gave me a fight w\ akuma.

played through after that w\ chun li, and same thing... fought akuma.

darkshadow
Mon, 12-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Are you sure you've finished the game with everyone needed? once I fought gouken while I didnt even finish the game with cammy ( which is required), so he didn't unlocked afterwards.

itadakimasu
Mon, 12-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Ahhh....

I'll run through it w\ cammy when i get home than.

*I got it!!!* Thanks.

I ran through arcade mode w\ cammy getting a couple of perfects and ultras, watched her ending movie, beat arcade w\ ryu, then akuma and finally when i beat it with akuma I got to fight gouken and got him as a selectable.

Then I got owned a few times in championship mode using gouken.

anospaply
Sat, 12-12-2009, 12:30 AM
No Akuma is not the fusion of anybody... Akuma was the rival of the master of Ken and Ryu... he learned the dark hadouken secrets and defeated Ken and Ryu master, in the original street fighter game ...I believe his name was Sho. He is cursed by the dark hado powers and he is looking for a disciple... someone who he will transfer all his knowledge before dying...in that case Ryu who is getting controlled little by little by his dark sidedark ryu. Ryu is also the favorite in Mr Bison list to choose a new body.

So the famous name of ShoRyuKen.... if you didnt notice.

itadakimasu
Tue, 12-15-2009, 10:08 AM
I was browsing my player stats yesterday and sam something interesting.. It shows you your win percentages against each charactor. For all the whining I can do about Sagat, my win percentage against sagat is decent, and not even in the top 5 chraractors i lose to mose.

My record against Cammy is like 30%, and blanka is up there with around 35%.

My latest gripe is el fuerte. I've came across 2-3 el fuerte players my last couple online sessions... and they do that move that keeps you from getting up, and it's just really hard to do anything about it. It's so frustrating because by the time I get up, I'm almost dead.

darkshadow
Tue, 12-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Just do some sort of safe reversal, and then just block > poke till you get the upperhand again.

Marik
Fri, 12-18-2009, 10:26 PM
5 New Stages Revealed (http://kotaku.com/5429114/the-new-stages-of-super-street-fighter-iv/gallery/)

Idealistic
Sat, 12-19-2009, 03:52 PM
They had a little stream demo of SSF4.... Here's a pic of main menu/char select/stage select.

http://i.imgur.com/fVMba.png

darkshadow
Sat, 12-19-2009, 06:33 PM
cool new layouts, plus it seems ibuki, makoto and dudley are nearly confirmed then. Those 3 are the only 3 rumored characters not releaved yet.

Marik
Sun, 12-20-2009, 04:48 PM
They had a little stream demo of SSF4....
And here is the video from that stream.

Super Street Fighter 4 ML360 4on4 Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeINM9ogTb4)

cool new layouts, plus it seems ibuki, makoto and dudley are nearly confirmed then. Those 3 are the only 3 rumored characters not releaved yet.
There are 4 empty spots, so it should be those 3 + the new guy, Hakan. It looks like Juri is on the very left of the 2nd row, so the very right of the 2nd row should be Hakan.

darkshadow
Sun, 12-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah I kinda counted hakan as confirmed already, I should've said "3rd strikers"

Psyke
Wed, 12-30-2009, 07:55 AM
So..... is what they say about Ken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZWArSOmCc) true?

darkshadow
Wed, 12-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Lol yes that is pretty much true lol.

Marik
Wed, 12-30-2009, 01:00 PM
That video owned. What you gonna do when the round begins? Shoryuken! What!? Shoryuken! lol

Psyke
Wed, 12-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I downloaded the mp3. It's quite addictive yah. :p

itadakimasu
Wed, 12-30-2009, 02:48 PM
LOL.... "Map all your buttons *FP* ) haha....

It makes me sad when I lose to a scrubby ken. I will beat a bunch of 10,000+ point players and then drop a match to a 3000 point scrubby ken that spams shoryukens

This 2500 championship point having ken did this to me earlier, i swear that he only shoryukened... It was absurd, i think i'm blocking, but then I'm getting Shoryukened for like... 1/4+ of my hp.

even worse... i called him out for a rematch and picked chun li, and this bastard beat me again and then wouldn't rematch after that....

darkshadow
Wed, 01-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Confirmation of second ultra's and new alternate costumes:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1358/zoomzoomenhanceenhance.jpg
Bison's ultra seems to be boss as fuck.

Cool stuff, but I REALLY want to see those damn third strikers now >_<

UChessmaster
Wed, 01-06-2010, 04:05 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-features-super-street/60456?type=flv

video showing alternate ultra and some new clothes

itadakimasu
Wed, 01-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Forget shoryuken.... it's all about the jump + mp !

bagandscalpel
Wed, 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Some vids of the new secondary ultras:

Ryu's, Cammy's, C. Viper's, and El Fuerte's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4NXDDs_Zkc)
Cody's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1skr2pZpLg&feature=channel)
Ken's and Adon's primary ultra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz9nWeEKRBo&feature=channel)
Tazmanian Akuma's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKDghqmxBuQ&feature=channel)
T. Hawk's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPBmjdlrAZw&feature=player_embedded)
Deejay's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6REJkQWT4&feature=channel)

itadakimasu
Wed, 01-13-2010, 05:06 PM
I noticed the ultra meter looks a little different... any idea if you just get to do whichever ultra you choose? or if one is better and you need to fill the meter up any further to activate it?

I just checked and gamestop is showing 4/6/2010 for the release date ( US ) for $39.99.

darkshadow
Wed, 01-13-2010, 06:28 PM
No it's choosable ultra's so far, just like in SF3

Marik
Thu, 01-28-2010, 01:09 AM
New Total Gaming Network Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN44ak6kcis)

--

They've already announced DLC :(.

First, the sale date has finally been decided!

On sale April 28 (Tuesday) 2010!
The price is 4,990 yen!
What a steal!
(For Xbox 360 and Playstation 3)

The Super Classic Pack of 3rd alternate costumes for Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, and Fei Long will be immediately available for free download!
(But, if you don't get it soon, from 7/1 you'll have to buy it.)

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/img_upload/012701.jpg

Also there will be special content exclusive to the Xbox 360, we're including a new anime that focuses on Juri! (Only available in Japan) This anime comes from Director Kizaki of "Afro Samurai" fame, and the well-known Japanese animation studio GONZO! Which means, its incredibly high-quality.

Gonzo Production Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U593D22TxU)

English Audio Track Version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYveCLEcCg)

--

European and North American boxarts.

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Ibuki
Makoto
Dudley

http://kotaku.com/5473345/rumor-three-new-characters-announced-for-super-street-fighter-iv

Psyke
Wed, 02-17-2010, 06:34 AM
Ok now I'm really excited.

But...... no Alex?

darkshadow
Wed, 02-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Yes, no alex. I never liked him anyway, abel is a much cooler grappler.

Anyway here is all of the scans/screens:
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ibukissf4.jpg
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ssf4scan02.jpg
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ssf402.jpg
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ssf401.jpg
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ssf403.jpg
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ssf404.jpg
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ssf405.jpg
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ssf406.jpg
http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2010/02/16_ssf407.jpg

bagandscalpel
Tue, 03-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Speaking of grapplers:

LOOKS LIKE IT'S TIME TO OIL UP (http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/35904/super-street-fighter-iv/videos/ssf4_trl_trailer_30810.html)

darkshadow
Wed, 03-10-2010, 07:47 AM
youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJ4V7k_MSo

hehe yeah that was pretty awesome.

Rekeco
Wed, 03-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I really laughed when I saw this. A lot of people are upset and think that Capcom is messing up, but in all honesty, Street Fighter games ALWAYS had weird characters.

If this guy becomes top tier it'll be great!

animus
Tue, 03-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Super Street Fighter 4 Stream (http://www.giantbomb.com/news/giant-bombs-super-street-fighter-iv-live-stream/1924/)

For those interested GiantBomb (some of the guys that did Persona 4's Endurance Run videos) is doing a livestream of Super Street Fighter 4 with a preview copy.

edit: Nvm, as of 10:20 PM EST or so the live stream's ended, but there should be an archive of the first hour or so.

Marik
Wed, 03-24-2010, 10:31 AM
[/URL][URL="http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/22/gigantic-list-ssf4-changes-and-notes"]Gigantic List of Super Street Fighter IV Changes & Notes (http://%3Cbr%20/%3E%0Ahttp://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/22/gigantic-list-ssf4-changes-and-notes/)

darkshadow
Wed, 03-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah I read those, I'm so damn glad they improved Vega like they did (I mostly use Bison, Balrog, Vega, Abel).

And Also that they took out trade ultra's.
Too bad they didn't change how throwing works, I still feel it's bullshit that throws beat normals or specials.

But still, no more trades and Vega being improved is great news.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-26-2010, 02:16 AM
What do you mean by trade Ultras? I use Sakura, Ryu, and Cammy.

darkshadow
Fri, 03-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Trades, as in someone jumps in on ryu/sagat, they do dragon punch, you both get hit, but because ryu/sagat ( or anyone else with these propoties actually) doesn't get knocked down, they can now basically land their ultra for free, since the person who jumped in is now airborn and in a juggle state.

What they did is that if a trade happens, the person that is not knocked down goes into a sort of floaty state, so the recovery time gets higher and you can no longer link the trade into an ultra.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Any Sagat nerf is welcome, even if Ryu gets weaker as well. I prefer Sakura anyway.

Marik
Mon, 04-19-2010, 08:14 PM
The bonus for having the original Street Fighter IV has been revealed.

If you have a Street Fighter IV save file on your system it unlocks two extra character colors.

• Color 11: This is the ink shader from the PC version of Street Fighter 4.

• Color 12: This is a very neat looking shader that turns the character into a cross-hatch version of themselves - it leaves them looking like they've been drawn onto the screen.

Picture (http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/SSFIV-12.jpg)

darkshadow
Tue, 04-20-2010, 06:05 AM
Yeah color 12 is pretty awesome.

Also this post is continually updated with the new and remixed character/stage themes, awesome stuff!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/19/new-character-themes-super-street-fighter-4/

Marik
Tue, 04-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Yeah, I've been listening to Dudley's and Cody's quite a bit. Those are my 2 faves so far.

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I pre-ordered a couple days ago on Amazon. I think somebody on here or another forum pointed out that if you pre-order on Amazon, you get some costumes or something and also they give you $10 credit towards your next videogame purchase.

Marik
Tue, 04-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I pre-ordered a couple days ago on Amazon. I think somebody on here or another forum pointed out that if you pre-order on Amazon, you get some costumes or something and also they give you $10 credit towards your next videogame purchase.

Indeed. That's where I reserved my copy.

RyougaZell
Fri, 04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
http://kotaku.com/5522982/street-fighter-the-early-years

Idealistic
Sat, 04-24-2010, 07:46 AM
I found an early copy last night so been playing ever since. Glad it was on a Friday, I get the whole weekend.

Super is amazing. I thought the first one was already pretty complete, but they really outdid themselves with Super and to only charge $40 is awesome.

Anyways. Off to play! :D

darkshadow
Sat, 04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah I could've picked up a ps3 copy today as well, but I'm still going to wait for the inevitable pc version.

itadakimasu
Mon, 04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
That would be super if my pre-order from amazon arrived tomorrow... I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a game from them so idk how long it takes to be delivered. sometimes they ship out of a local warehouse so i may get lucky.

darkshadow
Mon, 04-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Well I ordered the 360 version today, only because I was able to get it for only 26 euros, instead of the normal 40 euros.

Prolly won't be here till saturday/monday though.

itadakimasu
Mon, 04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
I saw a video on youtube of this guy unboxing his... Would be sweet to get home and have it waiting @ my front door.

Marik
Tue, 04-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Fresh look at Super Street Fighter 4's alt. costumes (http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/27/fresh-look-super-street-fighter-4s-alt-costumes/)

Marik
Thu, 04-29-2010, 05:47 AM
The release dates for all of the DLC Costumes.

• Available in pre-order: Super Classic Pack (Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, Fei Long)

• Now available: Super Challengers Pack 1 (Hakan, Makoto, Guy, Dudley, Dee Jay)

• May 11: Super Shoryuken Pack (Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan)

• May 25: Super Beauty Pack (Chun-Li, C. Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy)

• June 8: Super Challengers Pack 2 (Juri, Ibuki, Cody, Adon, T. Hawk)

• June 15: Super Brawlers Pack (Zangief, E. Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte)

• June 22: Super Shadaloo Pack (Vega, Sagat, Balrog, M. Bison, Seth)

• June 29: Super Classic Pack (Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, Fei Long)

• July 27: Super Complete Pack (All 35 costumes)

----

I already have the Super Classic Pack thanks to Amazon. I'll probably just wait until July 27th to get the rest in the Super Complete Pack bundle.

Edit: I just realized that those costumes packs cost $28 if you buy them separately.

Blanka's Color 9 looks cool. It makes him look like Akuma.

Psyke
Thu, 04-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Got the game today. Will resist getting the costumes since I don't believe in paying for them :(

itadakimasu
Fri, 04-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Got the game today. Will resist getting the costumes since I don't believe in paying for them :(

+1

I got it yesterday yesterday and played a few matches... wasn't really in the mood to play though or invest a bunch of time to learn a new charactor.

Adon seemed a little boring... he's only got 4 moves?
Juri could be awesome. I didn't look up her moves and just played a few button mashing matches.

I got owned by some guy w\ cody who kept doing this crouch poke poke poke poke poke tornado punch combo for like... 15 hits.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Big question... is it worth buying SSFIV if you already have SFIV?

darkshadow
Fri, 04-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't pay more then 30 for it...which I didn't. (mostly cause I want the pc version).

Idealistic
Sun, 05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Big question... is it worth buying SSFIV if you already have SFIV?

Yes. Plus the fact that it's only $40 is a must.

Why should you buy it?
-Online lobbies man! Up to 8 players! Better ranking system too
-Replay channel to watch replays. You can watch others, or invite them to watch yours.
-Rebalanced original cast.
-10 more characters added.
-New ultra for everyone.
-5 new stages which are all really nice too.
-You can have character themes play during fights instead of the stage's theme.
-The new themes are freaking awesome(main menu, lobby, replay channel, team battle, new stage/character themes).
-etc etc.....

Oh and there's no more INDEEEESSTRUCTAABLLE!

darkshadow
Mon, 05-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Character themes only play during player matches btw.

animus
Mon, 05-03-2010, 07:46 AM
So, I was at my friend's place yesterday and I played a bit of his copy and he doesn't have a joystick pad, just 360 controllers. I was using Fei-Long a bit, maybe it's just me but some of the moves are so hard to pull off on the 360 controller.

itadakimasu
Mon, 05-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I <3 Juri.

I played for a couple hours yesterday mostly w\ Juri. Did pretty decent with her once I got most of her moves down. I want to get a little better w\ her and then try Mikato and the ninja girl too.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-03-2010, 11:56 AM
*makoto ;P

I don't advice using Makoto unless you've used her in 3rd strike, same with Ibuki. They are on the harder side to just pick up and play ( like Juri is).

DB_Hunter
Mon, 05-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Well I just went online and with SFIV and there is hardly anyone about... I think people might have just migrated to SSFIV. Had a chat with my bro and looking at the cheapest price of £19.29 I think I am going to go ahead and get the new game, if only to still have people to play with online.

Marik
Tue, 05-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Character themes only play during player matches btw.

I hope Capcom releases a patch that will allow you to change that. I'd rather hear the character themes instead of the stage music when I'm fighting the CPU.

---

There's a short film coming out this Thursday called "Street Fighter: Legacy". Below are two teaser clips from it.

Teaser 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncja7kT5qXA&fmt=22)

Teaser 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpvOfCLe3A0&fmt=22)

Ken looks spot on, but Ryu seems kind of old.

Psyke
Tue, 05-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Good stuff. Ken looks like the stunt actor for Dante in the DMC series....

darkshadow
Tue, 05-04-2010, 07:33 AM
I never liked it when they made ken look full on "american", since he's half japanese.

itadakimasu
Thu, 05-06-2010, 07:46 AM
uh oh....

I think I'm in love w\ Ibuki ! I need to go through her training and tighten up all her moves, but I really like her and I did fairly well last night in ranked matches w\ her :)

I spammed this el fuerte guy w\ the move where she runs and like... twists their neck. It was halarious because it's similar to the moves el fuerte does. I was lol.

darkshadow
Thu, 05-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Slide move spam really doesn't work in high level play ;P.

Try stuff like jlk, > jmk, lp, mp(double hit), hk, chk, command dash, throw.
or replace the lp target combo with hp, hk, chk instead for more damage.

After the command dash you could also just cross up and do the entire combo all over again, or just jmk crossup into command throw, or instead of dash do the slide throw, or do the overhead kick thingy....

So many options after her target combo's, use em well to just totally mindgame your opponent ;P.

Marik
Thu, 05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Here's another short film called Street Fighter: Beginnings End (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K-F4eCDyUU&fmt=22)

The short consisted of a $400 (out of pocket) budget, was shot on the Canon EOS 7D, edited in Final Cut Pro and effects work done in Adobe After Effects.

Full version of Street Fighter: Legacy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ZXSzaUIBQ&fmt=22) is out now also.

itadakimasu
Mon, 05-10-2010, 04:19 PM
I went from Juri, to Ibuki, and now I've been playing w\ DeeJay the past few days and doing pretty well! I've been going on good win streaks and i think i'm at 1600bp w\ DeeJay

Marik
Sun, 05-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Haha, there's a version of Indestructible with Flo Rida rapping on it. That took me by surprise when I first heard it.

EXILE - THE NEXT DOOR ‐INDESTRUCTIBLE ‐ featuring FLO RIDA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXtruZnhLL0&fmt=22)