PDA

View Full Version : TV: Big Shots

Assassin
Mon, 10-15-2007, 01:50 AM
A new show this season on ABC that i've been meaning to start a discussion thread on, but been too lazy till now.

The lines between boardroom and bedroom blur in Big Shots, the story of four friends who are at the top of their game... until the women in their lives enter the room. These competitive but dysfunctional New York CEOs take refuge in their friendship, discussing business, confiding secrets, seeking advice and supporting one another through life's twists and turns.

James Walker (Michael Vartan, Alias) is the group's moral center, but his professional life almost crumbles in an instant, thanks to a corporate shakeup at AmeriMart Industries. However, his work woes pale in comparison to what he later learns about his wife.

Brody Johns (Christopher Titus, Titus) is Senior Vice President of Alpha Crisis Management. Despite his professional success, his wife will be judging him by how magnificently he can put together her birthday party.

Karl Mixworthy (Joshua Malina, The West Wing) is the sweet yet always nervous CEO of a large pharmaceutical company. He has a loving wife  and a cunning mistress who is beginning to monopolize whatever free time he can muster.

And Duncan Collinsworth (Dylan McDermott, The Practice) is the sexy, divorced CEO of Reveal Cosmetics. Having built his company into the industry leader, he now finds his personal life threatened by rumor of a personal indiscretion -- which is actually a fact -- that could turn his world upside down.

The concept for Big Shots sprang from creator Jon Harmon Feldman's desire to explore, in comedic and dramatic terms, what it means to be a man in 2007.

Long story short, its a comedy/drama about 4 successful businessmen, who deal with their career, family and women problems in a less then ordinary way. Very funny plot, an awesome cast, and well written. Its definitely a show worth watching.

3 eps out so far, so give them all a try before making a final decision. And if you like it, come back here and comment.

Zati
Mon, 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Nice. I've been following/watching this too. Lots of pretty girls and sex going on, lol.

Christopher Titus is the best, I enjoyed his sitcom from before, and his role is great in this one too.

Karl is a lucky guy, has a pretty wife and mistress, heh. Lol at the ongoing problem with the trannie.

Assassin
Mon, 10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Christopher Titus is the best, I enjoyed his sitcom from before, and his role is great in this one too.

Ya, thats what initially drew me to this show as well. I had to watch any show with him in it.