PDA

View Full Version : D.C.II - Da Capo 2

Harima Kenji
Sun, 10-14-2007, 02:08 PM
The protagonist, Yoshiyuki Sakurai, was born when Sakura Yoshino, weary of being alone for so long, wished upon a prototype artificial wish-granting magical sakura tree for a family. Similar to its predecessor, the story takes place on the same island, Hatsunejima, in Japan, and set fifty-three years after the original anime. The Asakura sisters are the granddaughters of Junichi Asakura and Nemu Asakura from the first Da Capo. Sakura Yoshino and Junichi are the only returning characters, and Nemu is the only other character to be mentioned by name.
Source: ANN

Episode 1 by Shinsen subs. (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_D.C._II_Da_Capo_II_-_01_%5BB37EC64B%5D.avi.torrent)

According to ANN is't set for 13 episodes.

I didn't see a topic for this series yet, so I'm making it.

I enjoyed both D.C. and D.C.S.S. so I gave this a shot.
It hardly made sense to me until I read the plot summary.
It seems to me that it is a completely new setting and an original story.

Is anyone else planning on watching this?

animus
Sun, 10-14-2007, 02:14 PM
I watched the first ep, was too lazy to make a topic. It's not bad fairly interesting. Is the main character related to those 2 sisters? Doesn't seem like it, since the girl that likes the main character says that she lives as a neighbor of him.

Kraco
Sun, 10-14-2007, 03:00 PM
I liked the first two D.C.s about as much as visiting a dentist (I watched them through just like I bear a dentist visit to the end). Still, just like I'm going to the dentist tomorrow to have my utensils checked, I also decided to check out this first episode of the third Da Capo. It was certainly much like the first two what comes to the atmosphere. Remains to be seen how it will develop. But considering the name of the series, it should be a repetition of what we have seen before.

I was also wondering about the relationship of the brother and the two sisters. Yet, once again, since Junichi and Nemu weren't real siblings, it's reasonable to assume these fellows aren't either; to serve the name of the show.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 10-14-2007, 03:20 PM
It is really unclear what the relations between them are. Both the Asakura's are sisters, but what Yoshiyuki's part in this is, I don't know. He calls them both sister, and Otome calls him brother..
I just hope that this won't have the same outcome as the first series. For the sake of originality.

Btw: According to ANN, Asakura Yume's voice is done by Horie Yui (Kotori in the 1st 2 series).. normally I can pick her voice out of a million others, but I didn't even notice it this time. Not even when I knew it and listened very carefully.

Church
Mon, 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Any nekomimi?
lol that was the only reason I even watched the previous ones.

animus
Mon, 10-15-2007, 10:29 PM
To be honest, I'm actually hoping that they really are blood related and add in the fact that they'd have some type or romantic interest with eachother. It'll be a much more interesting plot device, and enthralling experience if they pull it off right. Though, it's highly unlikely it'd happen.

I'm also pretty sick and tired of the short hair, outspoken, quiet girls getting female leads and the most air time. Hopefully Koko and the main character establishing a relationship in episode 1 will be a sign of ruin later on in the episodes. Maybe I've been reading too many incest h-manga's in /h/, but please don't let it end with Koko.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 10-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Agreed about the relationship between guy and koko falling into ruin.

Agreed with the incestual romance possibility.

Everon
Thu, 10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
To be honest, I'm actually hoping that they really are blood related and add in the fact that they'd have some type or romantic interest with eachother. It'll be a much more interesting plot device, and enthralling experience if they pull it off right. Though, it's highly unlikely it'd happen.

I'm also pretty sick and tired of the short hair, outspoken, quiet girls getting female leads and the most air time. Hopefully Koko and the main character establishing a relationship in episode 1 will be a sign of ruin later on in the episodes. Maybe I've been reading too many incest h-manga's in /h/, but please don't let it end with Koko.

Well as the plot summary suggest, Yoshiyuki and the Asakura sisters are cousins to a certain extent. Yoshi is the make-believe child between Sakura and Juiinchi.

I'm a little annoyed that the magic tree continues to be the center plot device. Sakura above everyone else knows how much misery the tree can bring.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 10-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Maybe the magic tree just blooms all year.. not wish granting powers or whatever...

Darknodin
Thu, 10-18-2007, 06:45 PM
what kind of show is this? Drama? Comedy? Action?

I'm guessing drama...

Harima Kenji
Fri, 10-19-2007, 05:31 PM
I think it's more Harem..