PDA

View Full Version : Dead Fantasy 1

Shadowflame
Sat, 10-13-2007, 02:39 PM
From the man who brought us Haloid:

Dead Fantasy I (http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5v0_TjBxY8)

I guess he likes music from The Matrix Reloaded (A kindred spirit!). I think Haloid's music was the Burly Brawl theme, and this is Chateau, also from TMR. My sincerest apologies if this has been posted already, or if such a vid didn't need a new thread.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Ah, memories sweet memories. From an technical perspective there were still a few unfluid movements from the characters, but from an awesomeness perspective it was excellent. Kasumi demonstrated every cheap ability she had in the games, ninja armor, flash step, and of course her Kawarimi no Jutsu, which was exceptionally well done I must say. The additional characters we also a nice surprise especially considering one of them was my favorite DoA character.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Dead Fantasy II released

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/193489.html

XanBcoo
Tue, 03-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Watched this last night. That was several kinds of ridiculous.

I would have assumed the fight on the wall of the collapsing building was the climax, but no, it got even crazier after that. First the lava kick, and then the fight on giant bricks of rubble inside a tornado?? And we "haven't seen anything yet"? I hope the next one isn't so out there that it's just plain dumb.

Otherwise it's really good. MontyOum obviously has a real talent for fight coordination.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-25-2008, 01:02 PM
MontyOum said there are going to be five more of this.

Dead Fantasy III will be Riku's fight only. (can't remember the name of the DOA girls...)

Board of Command
Tue, 03-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Makes sense. The teleporting beam split into 5 five. They'll probably be much shorter than this one. 11 minutes is LONG!

animus
Tue, 03-25-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't know about good fight coordinator he just randomly threw shit together. I think he was trying to put a drunken fist for Tifa in that. But it was awful.

darkshadow
Tue, 03-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Tifa :3.

KrayZ33
Tue, 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't know about good fight coordinator he just randomly threw shit together. I think he was trying to put a drunken fist for Tifa in that. But it was awful.

lol now that you mentioned it... you mean that part with the 2 bottles right?

ok i just thought that were healing potions and she tried to drink them during the fight so she doesn't die ^^

actually that was pretty cool (except the part when she drank it all)

darkshadow
Tue, 03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
actually, that part came straight from The Legend of the Drunken Master 2, with jackie chan, so ofcourse, i was delighted :3

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Personally I also liked that scene with Tifa. I LOLed when the Potion and Ether were shown.

Oh yeah... never expected to see Kairi wielding keyblades...

Idealistic
Tue, 03-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah I saw this this morning. I thought it was pretty cool. Did anyone notice the famous Daigo parry from 3rd strike? It was at 5:30... LOL.. awesome stuff. And yeah, about the potions, I also thought Tifa was drunken fighting too. I didn't even notice they were potions because someone had mentioned he should've had the DoA girls eat food from the game or something like that. Coolness.

I thought the fights were well put together actually.

The only thing that was wierd to me, was the girl from kingdom hearts. I don't know why she was there. And I don't really get Rinoa's powers, but damn she is strong. :confused:

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Rinoa's Limit Break gave her wings and extra-power for magic. The Gunblade was just for fun.

Kairi likewise began with her own keyblade, which she uses for a bit while fighting besides the 'Xenma-ed' Riku in Kingdom Hearts... then they just switched to Sora's keyblades.

Psyke
Wed, 03-26-2008, 08:21 AM
I got tired about half way through, but it was pretty good except for some parts where the action was too fast.

And the part of where they were fighting down the cliff was inspired by Garo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjlaPQeq4Yk).

Junior
Wed, 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM
My friend just showed me this now and I remembered seeing a topic with this name.

I had a great fun watching it. XD He gave them all different fighting styles. He was even true to Tifa's style! It was amazing!

I was shocked to se Kairi tho...but I'm suddenly a fan of Rinoa.

D: MUST SEE MORE. I wanna see Yuffie.

Yukimura
Thu, 03-27-2008, 12:22 AM
EDIT: Reading threads before posting in them is good.

animus
Thu, 03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
It's already in the third post in this thread.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 07-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Heres a link to Dead Fantasy 3 and 4:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/monty-oum/4712

And heres Dead Fantasy 5(I think):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpStJIdDUiw&feature=related

Apparently these arent the final versions, I think the official release date is on 7/27/09

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-23-2009, 09:01 PM
I had seen Dead Fantasy III a few days ago.
I wasn't aware part IV was out though.

Tifa got her ass totally kicked. And her materia was stolen. Ouch.

For a moment I thought Part IV was going to be centered on Kairi. But they left her away.

Nice to see Summoner Yuna back.

But... what's with the Cloud x Yuna moment?

Oh... btw... I was dissapointed Part III was not centered on Rikku as they had previously announced.

About Part V... that was a preview release on an Anime Expo. I'll wait for the official HD release on gametrailers. Its a pain watching the people chatting on those from youtube.

Archangel
Sat, 07-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Where can i download these in HD?

darkshadow
Sat, 07-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Nowhere?

Archangel
Sat, 07-25-2009, 10:11 AM
You're useless, go back to irc

darkshadow
Sat, 07-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I was born and raised here, so no I'll stay right here annoying you, till you actually use your brain to see that TheBladeChild's link shows the HD versions :x.

Archangel
Sat, 07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I was born and raised here, so no I'll stay right here annoying you, till you actually use your brain to see that TheBladeChild's link shows the HD versions :x.

Shitty flash files, i want the original avis

TheBladeChild
Sat, 07-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Make a account on gametrailers and download it from there, or go to his personal website and get it from there, or the last option is find a torrent somewhere.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 07-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Well the final version of Dead Fantasy V is out now:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dead-fantasy-monty-oum/53444

And I must say, oh shit!

KrayZ33
Thu, 07-30-2009, 05:05 AM
I liked the very first ones more even though I have to say that this one had some cool scenes
but too much gore in my opinion.
It doesn't need that to be good

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-30-2009, 08:37 AM
I liked the very first ones more even though I have to say that this one had some cool scenes
but too much gore in my opinion.
It doesn't need that to be good

I second that. Watching Tifa fight made me think of Resident Evil. That's how screwed up she looked with all the blood.

Thing is though, will it look as convincing without blood in a defeat scene? They could always introduce it gradually though, rather than lather it on.

The action however, sure doesn't disappoint. That whole scene with the staff and various projectiles was very entertaining.

So was the slap.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-30-2009, 09:19 AM
I thought the most interesting part of DFV was that it seems that Kasumi and Hayabusa are on Tifa's side, so it will be Cloud/Hayabusa vs Hayate and the rest at DoaTec :x.