PDA

View Full Version : TV: Moonlight

Munsu
Sat, 10-06-2007, 12:53 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u10/nitedivine/moonlight1.jpg

TV show about vampires, so I have to watch it by default. First episode was alright, nothing to get excited about. In fact, I thought it was a very dissapointing first episode. But the second episode more than makes up for it, I thought it was pretty good.

Here are the first 2 episodes:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=7e9903517dd792130e2a7a1ae9a 62cf2dee3cb80
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=a89afe7fd7a46a4f371e54bbfff 7be0c8016bfdb

Show airs on CBS at 9pm on Fridays, second episode aired last night.

Moonlight follows Mick St. John, an immortal vampire and private investigator and his struggle to exist after he was bitten 60 years ago by his vampire bride on their wedding night. It also follows his internal torment as he falls in love with one he should not, one who is mortal named Beth, a news reporter, as well as his dealings with the woman who made him a vampire, his sire Coraline.

The show is produced by Warner Bros. Television and Silver Pictures. Joel Silver is executive producing with Trevor Munson and Ron Koslow both writing and executive producing.

animus
Sun, 10-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Sounds interesting, might give it a dl. Is there any looming presence of some evil organization or anything? If its just gonna be like a slice of life in the eyes of a vampire trying to get some human girl lovin, dunno if I want to.

Munsu
Sun, 10-07-2007, 03:24 PM
No evil organization at the moment, but I'm sure there will be one eventually. I think that the woman that converted him will pay a big role in the series though. Still, give the first two episodes a chance, the first one was a bit underwhelming.

animus
Mon, 10-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Pretty good, watched both. A revelation to the female lead already after 2 episodes?

Munsu
Mon, 10-08-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm glad they decided to reveal it quickly instead of dragging the issue, else it would've simply turned out to be another Smallville. But as you mentioned, I hope that some bigger plot arises and it's not only some day to day cases. Even if no bigger plot arises, I hope that there will be some multi-episode stories, those are usually good with other shows.

animus
Sat, 10-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Episode 3 was pretty good. She accepted it a little easy though...

Munsu
Sat, 10-13-2007, 07:04 PM
I liked that she was easy... it's a change from the usual, plus it cuts down on the melodrama. It's fine as it is. But it was a cool episode indeed, but this guy keeps getting his ass kicked. He has to step up.

animus
Sat, 10-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I honestly thought this newbie vampire was gonna get wrecked to pieces, but I guess the common theme used in most vampire stories of older vampires being more powerful doesn't apply in this series =(

Assassin
Sun, 10-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, just watch eps 1 and 2, about to watch ep 3. Though i'd comment on the series before i got into the 3rd ep.

Ep 1 was enjoyable, and realistic. I liked the 'girl he saved 20 years ago' thing. Ep 2 however was a little amatuer in my opinion. I can't buy that this guy learned all about vampires by reading books, and happened to get it all rite. Obviously the conventional stuff isn't true for this series, like the bursting into flames in daylight thing. Yet somehow, he knew knew all the secrets from his years of reading vampire lore. And also the fact that he could repeatedly, and easily hurt himself and end up blamming mick. It was all just too convenient.

I really like his paranoid friend though. Would like to hear the backstory on how they met. Also a little detail about he vampire world would be kool...like how many are out there, is there a governing body, or is it every camp for himself?

Munsu
Tue, 10-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Friday's episode was alright... and Beth has become slutty. Didn't take her long to try and get into Mick's pants.

Abdula
Tue, 10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
I was very interested in this show when I first heard of it because there is definitely a niche to be filled but watching Moonlight I just felt under-whelmed, there is some potential though if its going to become anything noteworthy is yet to be seen.

Assassin
Tue, 10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Last ep was alrite....the action was good, and the dude getting his head ripped off from a roller coaster, well thats always fun to watch. But for the show to truly standout, we need more vampire and less crime drama. A vampire show should focus on vampires, not on the investigation aspect of it, while keeping the vamp stuff in the background.

Zati
Tue, 10-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah, last episode wasn't too bad. I'd like to see more of Mick's friend (from Veronica Mars), he's cool.

Also, I agree with Munsu in the earlier post. Mick needs to start kicking more ass. Sometimes he just seems so weak. He always has troubles with those bad guys. But, I guess they've to do that, 'cause they can't make him super strong or something.

kAi
Wed, 10-31-2007, 03:32 AM
Yeah, not to bad of an episode, but as you guys have mentioned it would be nice if he was a little more badass, or we get to see Mick's friend go nuts, he's a couple hundred years old, would be cool.

Munsu
Mon, 11-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Beth became even sluttier last episode... very nice. I like how she seems interested in being turned, don't know how long they'll drag that around. I wonder what future role the vampire blood drug she kept will play. I was hoping that old vampire would last more than one episode though.

Assassin
Sun, 11-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh man, finally a big reveal. I kinda figured they'd eventually bring the ex-wife back, but it turns out she's not a vamp anymore. Can't wait to see how this turns out

Munsu
Mon, 11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, last episode was good... nice to see how they met and all. I wonder what role she'll play from here on out, and if she really is the ex and if she's really cured.

TwisT
Wed, 11-14-2007, 03:18 AM
I think it is. Since she had the tattoo. The question right now is, is she human or vamp? I'm leaning towards vamp. If she set up all those other things maybe she used something to mask her oder. Like a human cologne - "for the vamp that wants to be human for a day". And she could have used some chemical maybe that made her wound not heal. I don't like the idea that you can be "cured".

And Beth needs to be turned. And they need to fuck. I know he said that vamps can't fuck but i think thats because he didn't want her to try since he probably don't trust himself around her. And perhaps he meant human and vampire cant do it because the vampire wouldn't be able to control himself? I don't think he meant it in the way that his dick don't work anymore.

Munsu
Wed, 11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't think there would be these many vampires if they would have to go through an eternity of erectile disfunction.

Assassin
Sat, 11-24-2007, 01:42 AM
oh man, really interesting ep tonite. Finally we have conformation that morgan is coraleen. But still dont know if she's a human, or if she just found a way to mask her vampire-ness.

Im thinking she isn't a human. when mick kept asking "have you found a cure, is that what you're telling me?" she never actually replied....just kept kissing him. And shes already shown that she can keep her wounds from healing, like a normal human.

Lets see what happens next ep.

Munsu
Sat, 11-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah, great episode... I like how Beth is devolving, much like how Mick was when he met Coraleen.

You think they'll let her die? Will a murder investigation ensue? I really think she won't survive because Mick is not going to learn about a cure, especially this early in the series. Beth has gone psycho, and I think she'll start abusing that vampire blood drug soon enough.

Munsu
Sat, 01-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Well, Moonlight is back after the break with episode 11 airing last night:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=46abc750ba6980061c8c7f5d601 01c62e6105152

It was a good one, so check it out.

Assassin
Mon, 01-14-2008, 12:28 PM
w00t...a great episode, especially being the first after the break. Alot happened that i didn't expect...namley josh dying. All that time he was lying there bleeding i was like "TURN HIM! TURN HIMM!" lol. It would've been nice to have another vamp in the picture, especially one that would get between beth and mick.

The fighting scenes in thsi ep looked pretty nice....not that there was any special cgi or anythingm but i they had a lot of emotional attachment. And mick kicking ass at the bar was awesome. I was hoping he'd rip the guy apart though instead of just draining him

TwisT
Fri, 01-18-2008, 06:29 AM
All that time he was lying there bleeding i was like "TURN HIM! TURN HIMM!" lol.

Haha exactly the same reaction i had to that scene. But then you realize that Mick sees "vampirism" as a death sentence. Worse even. But you never knew if he would cave in to Beth's request since he had that bleeding heart for her. But in the end he couldn't do it. Now we just have to see how long it will take for Beth's wounds to heal. Even in death he keeps Mick and Beth apart. What a bastard :p

Munsu
Sat, 01-19-2008, 02:37 AM
Well, last night's Moonlight was qreat... it was also the last episode; at least for now.

We learned quite a lot in this episode... first that Josh was planning on proposing to Beth, then we learn from Coraline's whereabouts and her best friend (probably servant). We also learn about some badass vamp with an eye that's entirely black, we also learn that Coraline has been experimenting with something she stole from this badass vamp. So apparently the way the French Revolution went down is completely different to how the history books tell... and in truth it was a vampire genocide; during that time the noble blood vampires made some sort of compound to fake being human... Coraline is apparently part of this noble bloodline... and so is Mick apparently.

A ton of shit went on in this episode which was nice for them to take a break here... it hints at a larger and broader storyline; directions for this show to take in the future. I find interesting that Mick is from the noble bloodline... especially when he was getting his ass kicked. It also explains why Coraline didn't die in the fire... does that mean that Mick won't die by fire either? Hopefully he becomes more badass with this new revelation. There's also someone who is apparently very powerful, someone who Coraline is afraid of confronting... wonder who he is, and if he'll make an appearance soon. I hope Coraline's vampire friend sticks around, she seems cool... and the Cleaner needs to show up more often and get down and dirty with Mick.

While we are at it, here's an interview with 'Beth':
http://www.tv.com/story/10709.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;4

TwisT
Mon, 01-21-2008, 04:35 AM
I find interesting that Mick is from the noble bloodline... especially when he was getting his ass kicked. It also explains why Coraline didn't die in the fire... does that mean that Mick won't die by fire either? Hopefully he becomes more badass with this new revelation. There's also someone who is apparently very powerful, someone who Coraline is afraid of confronting... wonder who he is, and if he'll make an appearance soon. I hope Coraline's vampire friend sticks around, she seems cool... and the Cleaner needs to show up more often and get down and dirty with Mick.

Well i think they get weaker by every generation. Like Coraline seem afraid of her sire probably because he is stronger and there is no chance of beating him in a 1on1. Just as Mick didn't seem to even be able to hurt Lance. And Mick is afraid of fire and was surprised to see Lance heal instantly from it. So he probably have regeneration like any normal vamp. Maybe all their strength's comes with age. Although Mick should have noticed that generation from Coraline when he was with her. So the question is, does she has it or are she weaker then her brothers?

I just hope they use a cool actor as the sire if they decide to cast him. Someone that you can see just from his looks that that is one powerful motherfucker. Also i hate that this was the last episode. They come back after the break and show only two episodes? It's like teasing you. "Look i bought this whole cake. It's all for you." Then you open it and it's just two small pieces left. This is the part when you beat him to death with your shoe in a bloody rage or something.

Munsu
Sat, 04-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Just to let you guys know that Moonlight returned last night, though I haven't seen it yet. Wonder how long he'll remain human and while he's human, if they'll tone down the action or crank it up and make him get beatup a ton.

Assassin
Sun, 04-27-2008, 03:07 PM
really good episode...i liked how he was forced to turn back into a vamp, and particularly that joseph was the one who had to do it. But does that mean he's no longer from that royal bloodline? or does he have 2 bloodlines now?

Munsu
Sun, 04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I was getting a bit worried at the beginning of the episode, that they'll have Mick in a human state for a good portion of the season, and go away from the cases etc. and start focusing too much in the drama and relationship of the two. But the episode certainly didn't dissapoint, it had a ton of good ation. The only part I did't enjoy was the homo-erotic scene, but it a decent price to pay for seeing him back as a vamp. Joseph looked really cool in the vampire makeup... they should have him fight more.

As for the mixing of the blood, I was wondering the same thing as you. My bet is that he either still has the noble blood or a mix of it that will allow for some wierd mutation. I don't think the show would destroy his noble blood like that, I thought it was an interesting thing to bring up. Else, they shouldn't have brought it up. The other side of it, that maybe Joseph comes from a strong line of vampires himself so this blood will do Mick good. The other thing is that maybe Mick having noble blood could make him weaker against his noble blood elders, so this new blood could give him a chance of fighting against them or something. I don't know, many things could happen.

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Wow, this is complete bullshit.... they cancelled the show:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Cbs-Cancels-Moonlight/800039499

Assassin
Tue, 05-13-2008, 05:41 PM
well that blows...they renewed that piece of shit 'old chirstine' show? what is americas obsession with shitty sitcoms.

Munsu
Tue, 05-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I can see this series having a huge fan campaign, so hopefully CBS will see the error of its ways.

Don't know if this is true or not, but surely looks promising:
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/primetime-pilot-panic-moonlight-on-cw/

Assassin
Tue, 05-13-2008, 11:26 PM
hmm, i really hope this pulls through.

Munsu
Sat, 05-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Anyone watched the series finale? I thought it was a good one... of course there are still some things that are left unresolved, but I'm quite satisfied with this ending. With that said, I hope someone picks this series up... it certainly didn't deserve to be cancelled, though there's little hope at the moment.

Assassin
Sun, 05-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Ya i rather liked the finale...it was good to see atleast a little bit of the vampire community, and get introduced to thier rules and ways of preservation. I really hope this series continues so we can get more into the vampire society.

I loved how the idea of beth being turned was finally brought up...it took their relationship from a simple love story to something more in tune with the series.

Munsu
Sat, 06-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Well, it seems like there's still some hope. Direct TV is asking about the show, and they're responsible for saving Friday Night Lights. Some fansite is running a poll by orders of Direct TV, so go vote:
http://forums.moonlightline.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9676&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.tv.com/story/11415.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;1