PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Casshern

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Ok so I just saw this movie Casshern. It was a japanese flick that a friend of mine got. It was pretty sweet. There was a cross between Bleach, Matrix and Final Fantasy. It was a little hard to follow, but the music and cinematography was great! Anyone else see it? If you havent yet it is coming to Blockbuster on Tuesday!

Sarahchan
Fri, 10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
=p

That movie is BAD ASS!! I just watched it. Im a big fan of cinematography and that movie had the best!

Assassin
Sat, 10-06-2007, 12:58 AM
welcome to 2 years ago. The japanese version has been out for quite some time, and it is a very aesthetically pleasing movie. The sound track is great too. I never did quite understand the story though.

Psyke
Sat, 10-06-2007, 01:51 AM
I bought the DVD quite some time ago, but I was quite disappointed by the movie. It seemed focus a lot on the aesthetics to make the movie look as artisically appealling as possible, but story wise and the fight scenes were nothing to shout about.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 10-06-2007, 07:08 AM
But some of the music was from Bleach, does that mean anything to you people?

Assassin
Sat, 10-06-2007, 02:30 PM
what music? give us an example

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 10-06-2007, 05:08 PM
You are going to put me on the spot like that? I would need to DL the Bleach OST and then compare. So give me some time and I will do it. But there are 2 songs that were in the movie that are also very common in the Bleach series.

Aclypze
Fri, 10-12-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't think the music was the same, but that the style is the same as both were composed by Shiro Sagisu (is that how you spell his name?). I have both soundtracks and I don't find them remarkablly resembling.. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

Killa-Eyez
Mon, 10-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Very old movie :p Got it somewhere on my harddrive...
And indeed the story is quite hard to follow although the effects weren't to shabby.
Still no movie of my taste.

Pandadice
Fri, 06-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Alright, so seeing as how I really enjoyed Casshern Sins, I downloaded this awhile ago (Just like how I got the Casshan OVAs) , and I figured I'd start watching it tonight.

For the first hour it was pretty awesome. I mean, like everyone has said, visually it looks really cool. And seeing as how I've watched the Casshan OVAs, I'm going into it with a decent understanding of the characters and who's who and what's what.

But right now I'm at an hour into it.. And Casshern has made his big appearance with his first big robot slaughter.. And I just couldn't watch it. The war scene flashbacks look awesome, while that fight scene of him blowing up robots... looked ridiculous.

Are all the fights of the same style as this first one? Cause if so I'm not gonna bother watching the remaining hour and 20 minutes of the movie..

Paulyboy
Fri, 06-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Wow didn't know they made they movie... GRAH! But I guess its not worth it? I loved the anime. I found it a torrent but still I don't want to download it if its shitty. I saw the trailer on youtube and it looked alright.

Edit: Tried looking for the thread about japanese movies or real live action but I can't seem to find it, anyways can anyone give me a good recommendation of any good real live action movies, doesn't matter which anime though. I feel watching some. Ones that are worth it though.

Pandadice
Sat, 06-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Wow didn't know they made they movie... GRAH! But I guess its not worth it? I loved the anime. I found it a torrent but still I don't want to download it if its shitty. I saw the trailer on youtube and it looked alright.

Edit: Tried looking for the thread about japanese movies or real live action but I can't seem to find it, anyways can anyone give me a good recommendation of any good real live action movies, doesn't matter which anime though. I feel watching some. Ones that are worth it though.

I ran into these when I was looking for this thread xD

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=11328
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=10814
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=9266

I Just Didn't Do It is a great Japanese film. Though it's not based off of a manga afaik. And the Detroit Metal City live-action is good too. If you enjoyed the OVA, then you'd like the live-action.. As they are pretty much the same.

I've recently downloaded the live-action Kaiji, and I've had the live-action Lupin III, so if/when i get around to watching those I'll let you know if they're any good <.<

Inazuma
Mon, 06-21-2010, 09:11 AM
But some of the music was from Bleach, does that mean anything to you people?

Confirmed - The movie Features " Raw breath of danger " which is track 8 of Bleach OST 1
In the movie go for 119 to 121 minutes