PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 373

budak getah
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM
chinese scan is out

torrent (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=27221&name=%5BRaw-Manga%5D%20Naruto%20373%28chn%29.torrent)
Online viewing (http://anip.homeunix.com:81/onlinereading/?path=Naruto/Naruto%20vol%20%20%20036-%20040/Naruto_v39/)

kAi
Thu, 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Just went through that, seems pretty good. Just need the scanlation now.

I like the back story, and I like the Jiraiya attention.

dsh1202
Thu, 10-04-2007, 05:00 PM
looks really good. looks like they reveal a lot of new info this chapter. and it looks like they show what those eyes really are, cant wait for the english translation to come out

Knives122
Thu, 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Translation (http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=558204&postcount=22) is out.

Big reveal about Pein and his eyes.....Just what we need.

Assertn
Thu, 10-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I guess so.....
They've acknowledged that there's some doujutsu involved, but we still don't really know anything more about nagato or why these kids have become evil.

Hey.....here's something fun: what if Tobi is Yahiko? :o

dsh1202
Thu, 10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
So according to this pein (nagato) is really like a god or something close to it, another eye technique it seems like. I really do fear that Jriayia is going to die now. Like there really isn't a doubt about it. He probably won't be able to actually win against someone who has the powers of a "god" and even worse Konan is on pein's side. I really hope it doesn't end up being like, during the fight Pein sees the evil that he's done and they go back to being good guys... that would just be way too cheap.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Finally another doujutsu that will hopefully be strong enough to make the sharingan look like crap... Sharingan is overrated.

A great chapter.

Knives122
Thu, 10-04-2007, 08:33 PM
I guess so.....
They've acknowledged that there's some doujutsu involved, but we still don't really know anything more about nagato or why these kids have become evil.

Hey.....here's something fun: what if Tobi is Yahiko? :o

I was going with Jugo being Yahiko. They sorta resemble each other.

itadakimasu
Thu, 10-04-2007, 08:40 PM
somebody brought up the similarity between the one kid and juugo... i'm wondering if that will turn out to be true because it is a pretty striking resemblance.

now, i want a scanlation ^^

Genma
Thu, 10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
somebody brought up the similarity between the one kid and juugo... i'm wondering if that will turn out to be true because it is a pretty striking resemblance.

now, i want a scanlation ^^

That'd be me, punk! *struts around, flaunting*

But yeah... Scanlation would be good, hopefully it'll come out soon.

FullMetalAlchemist
Thu, 10-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Finally another doujutsu that will hopefully be strong enough to make the sharingan look like crap... Sharingan is overrated.

A great chapter.

wouldn't make sense with tobi being the leader and having sharingan. that has to point to sharingan being stronger as it has been the whole series lol.

February
Thu, 10-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Woot! New bloodline! Doujutsu!

wouldn't make sense with tobi being the leader and having sharingan. that has to point to sharingan being stronger as it has been the whole series lol.

That doesnt mean that the new eyes have to be weaker than the sharingan. We're comparing Tobi (a multi-generational old ninja who started to Uchiha clan that fully utilizes sharingan to the maximum level as well as tons of jutus from the length of his lifespan) to Nagato (a deadly new bloodline eye user that is YOUNGER than Jiraiya and was taught under him)

In the chapter, it is easy to see that Nagato did not know the strength of his eyes, so we can easily assume that he can't fully understand and utilize his eye as well as Madara/Tobi can.

Thus, with the eyes or not, Tobi probably has pure power over Nagato so its flawed to measure power level of the eyes by comparing Tobi and Nagato.

But dont get me wrong, I think Sharingan is extremely deadly, useful, and badass (yes, I am a sharingan fanboy) . I just think this new eye introduced is no joke either

kAi
Thu, 10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Just finished reading the scanlation, available at MT.

The ultimate doujutsu has now come about, the one that started the ninja world. Looks like we have something to take over the Sharingan, but it's weird seeing Tobi try and get into the Akatsuki, and then actually be the real leader who then leads over Pain.

I wonder how this will all turn out, I do see the cliche thing of Jiraiya's last teaching to save Konan and Nagato which makes them normal again, but it just sounds so anti-climatic for that to be a possibility.

FullMetalAlchemist
Thu, 10-04-2007, 11:54 PM
I guess something happened to yahiko since he is the only one not there, probably what changed konan and pain to go bad. most likely more back story in either of the next two chapters overall a good chapter imo though. Keep it up kishi.

ody
Fri, 10-05-2007, 04:09 AM
Bad ass chapter.

Idealistic
Fri, 10-05-2007, 09:28 AM
At first I thought Yahiko could be Juugo, but Juugo doesn't look too old does he? I thought he was like Sasuke's age. Unless he really is older.

If true, then maybe Orochimaru captured Yahiko because Jiraiya went bragging to them and Oro thought Yahiko had potential so he gave im the cursed seal. Perhaps it wasn't Itachi that Oro was scared of. Pain probably showed up when he joined Akatsuki to maybe try and kill Oro? So Oro got scared and left.

Well... Only a valid theory if Juugo does turn out to be Yahiko.

What I want to know is... If you have Pain who is such a godly person, why do they need to capture the jinchuurikis? Isn't the plan to try and use them to take over the world or something? Can't they just do that with Pain? If that's not the plan, I must have forgot, and there could be more to it.

Yukimura
Fri, 10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Lol Jiraiya spent only a few more months training those three scamps with no prior ninja training then he did with Naruto and they all learned more interesting techniques than Naruto has displayed since he came back. Maybe the Rasengan+Kyubii control are just so great that there's no point in learning more but still, I'm much more impressed with those three's progress than anything Naruto has accomplished other than learning Rasengan.

As to the Tobi-Pein thing, maybe Tobi isn't fully in charge like we thought but he's on equal terms with Pein and just has a bad attitude. If Pein is a fairly tolerant guy then he wouldn't be bothered by Tobi talking shit to him and they could be working as partners for whatever nefarious goal they might have.

Psyke
Fri, 10-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Lol Jiraiya spent only a few more months training those three scamps with no prior ninja training

According to the Chinese translation, Jiraiya taught them for 3 years.

Abdula
Fri, 10-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes. We know he only taught them for 3 years thats the point.

He trained Naruto for just short of 3 years and look how differently they developed. Naruto couldn't even comprehend elemental jutsu and they were already using water and wind elements.

That goes back to Orochimaru's point that Naruto has no talent something Jiraiya admitted to.

I think that Pain/Tobi being on equal terms maybe right because I don't see either of them submitting to anyone else's ideals.

Psyke
Fri, 10-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Ah I see, my bad I misunderstood Yukimura. Now that really does make Nauto look bad, doesn't it? :p

Idealistic
Fri, 10-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Ah I see, my bad I misunderstood Yukimura. Now that really does make Nauto look bad, doesn't it? :p

The 4th's wife was a drug-attic and alcoholic. He knew before hand his son would be a complete idiot when he was born so therefore he sealed the 9-tails inside of Naruto so he can have some sort of power to make up for his disability.

Assertn
Fri, 10-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I like how people are predicting how Yahiko/Juugo could have fallen into Oro's hands when we've already been told Juugo's backstory.

Konohamaru
Fri, 10-05-2007, 02:12 PM
wow a new eye thats supposed to be the strongest of the three (as read by scanlation). Yanno I wouldn't be suprised if we saw the strongest user of the byakugan in akatsuki now. I mean they have "Madara" and now this dude. The three evil eyes of akatsuki hehe.

I still don't get why tobi is the leader though, maybe he has more control with his eye and at current could beat Pein in a battle.

rockmanj
Fri, 10-05-2007, 02:45 PM
The three evil eyes of akatsuki hehe.

I still don't get why tobi is the leader though, maybe he has more control with his eye and at current could beat Pein in a battle.

I'm sorry, is there a byakugan user in akatsuki?? maybe i missed something...or do u mean 2 sharingan users and the new eye thing?

Idealistic
Fri, 10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry, is there a byakugan user in akatsuki?? maybe i missed something...or do u mean 2 sharingan users and the new eye thing?

Tobi's other eye is a Byakugan eye.

animus
Fri, 10-05-2007, 02:54 PM
It's not the size of the boat the counts, but the motion of the ocean.

Or some other lame quote about being skillfull with your tools.

itadakimasu
Fri, 10-05-2007, 04:12 PM
This was an awesome chapter. Really gives depth to the plot that Jiraiya is responsible for akatsukis strongest members' training.

Konohamaru
Fri, 10-05-2007, 06:08 PM

wow a new eye thats supposed to be the strongest of the three (as read by scanlation). Yanno I wouldn't be suprised if we saw the strongest user of the byakugan in akatsuki now.

yea you need to read better.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Manga Share Scanlation (http://www.mangashare.com/releases/Naruto_373%5BMS%5D.zip)

ody
Fri, 10-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Tobi's other eye is a Byakugan eye.

Is it really? When was this revealed?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-05-2007, 09:02 PM
He's taking the piss, there is no Byakugan in Akatsuki according to the story so far.

It seems to me that there are contradictory accounts being given by Jiraiya. First off, a couple of chapters back he said that there was only one ninja in history who would be able to pull off something like summoning and controlling Kyuubi, and that was Madara. No mention of Rin'negan users here. Now he says that Nagato has a hax of the sharingan and byakugan, and he can't be touched. Combine this with obviously Madara calling the shots, and you have a situation that needs reconcilling.

The theory of Nagato not knowing how to use his eyes fully whilst Madara does is one explanation. Another could be is that perhaps the Rin'nengan has a weakness to a power of the Sharingan? Perhaps an ordinary Sharingan would be defeated easily, but maybe there is a doujutsu using the MS that can defeat this new bloodline.

Another could be a Star Wars like explaination. Jiraiya (Obi-Wan) was Nagato's (Anakin's) master and now Nagato is being mentored by Madara (Palpatine) after having become evil. This would leave open the possibilty of some form of redemption for Nagato as well.

But looking at this from a bigger perspective, Naruto and Sasuke are the stars of the show. Between those two, they must have an ability or be able to combine their abilities in such a way that they can take Nagato down. Of course there is still Itachi hanging around, who isn't a push over either. Also, the issue of Tobi/Madara needs to be cleared up.

Good chapter, great stuff anticipated.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Not a bad chapter. I liked the back story. I think that Jiraiya is going to tear up. I dont think that Konan is going to interfere on this either.

Idealistic
Fri, 10-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Not a bad chapter. I liked the back story. I think that Jiraiya is going to tear up. I dont think that Konan is going to interfere on this either.

Tsunade is on her way already. It's a given! C'mon! 2v1 and there happens to be a girl. Tsunade is going to take on Konan.

And hmm... Speaking of Jiraiya's students.... I wonder if Anko had teammates who trained under Oro.

ody
Sat, 10-06-2007, 06:40 AM
It seems that Jiraiya caught Konan easily with his hair... Unless she made a shadow clone, or maybe turns into paper airplanes to escape the hair...she doesn't seem that tough?

I hope Jiraiya kills at least one of them. It'd be refreshing for a change. Sometimes I get tired of the ace-up-the-sleeve.

Tobydelaroka
Sat, 10-06-2007, 09:02 AM
i think Yahiko died.. and Nagato(Pein) blame himself etc.. and he become superbad...

ahh cant wait for the fight scene..

animus
Sat, 10-06-2007, 10:24 AM
It seems that Jiraiya caught Konan easily with his hair... Unless she made a shadow clone, or maybe turns into paper airplanes to escape the hair...she doesn't seem that tough?

I hope Jiraiya kills at least one of them. It'd be refreshing for a change. Sometimes I get tired of the ace-up-the-sleeve.

Did you not read back a chapter or two where he uses a jutsu out of his mouth that engulfs her in a saliva like substance, where he says, it's impossible for you to turn into paper?

February
Sat, 10-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I just noticed something that Jiraiya said as he was leaving.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/february1088/untitled.png
"Come see me again when you turn 18!"
Is it just me, or does he say something hilariously perverted at a tragic sad moment?

Knives122
Sat, 10-06-2007, 11:01 AM
I just noticed something that Jiraiya said as he was leaving.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/february1088/untitled.png
"Come see me again when you turn 18!"
Is it just me, or does he say something hilariously perverted at a tragic sad moment?

Did you honestly think Kishimoto was going to write a younger Jiraiya without perverted tendencies did you? He even wrote a kid Jiraiya with perverted tendencies

KCMmmmm
Sat, 10-06-2007, 04:38 PM
IHey.....here's something fun: what if Tobi is Yahiko? :o

I like this idea a lot actually. Everyone has noticed that Tobi, in the past, has displayed a tendency to be a bit obnoxious. Whether or not that was just a false personality, it seems to match up with Yahiko, who seems obnoxious to me as well. Also, it is quite possible that Pein and Tobi were speaking as equals, in which case neither was bossing the other around: they were just discussing strategies and tactics. We've never seen Tobi's face, and even though he hinted that he might be Madara, it hasn't yet been proven.

Here's the last part of my idea: how did Tobi get the Sharingan, if he isn't an Uchiha? Maybe he simply recovered the body of a fallen Uchiha (do we know any?), and took the eye. Maybe he was jealous of Nagato's doujutsu, or maybe he needed it for another reason?

I'm not saying it's likely, but isn't it at least possible?

Oooooh, great chapter! I can't wait for the next one!

poopdeville
Sat, 10-06-2007, 05:14 PM
He's taking the piss, there is no Byakugan in Akatsuki according to the story so far.

It seems to me that there are contradictory accounts being given by Jiraiya. First off, a couple of chapters back he said that there was only one ninja in history who would be able to pull off something like summoning and controlling Kyuubi, and that was Madara. No mention of Rin'negan users here. Now he says that Nagato has a hax of the sharingan and byakugan, and he can't be touched. Combine this with obviously Madara calling the shots, and you have a situation that needs reconcilling.

How is the Rin'negan a hax of the Sharingan? The Rin'negan first appeared in the first ninja to ever exist. The Sharingan is a genetic descendent of the Byakugan, which happens to be owned by a clan of ninjas. If there's any genetic relationship between the three, then either the Byakugan genetics came about from a common ancestor to the Rin'negan genetics, or the Byakugan is a descendent.

Second, we have no idea what kind of powers the Rin'negan grants Pein. For instance, it might be the reason he is able to transfer between bodies, in which case it is stronger than the Sharingan, in the long run. (The idea being that if Uchiha Madara and Pein fought, Pein might lose based on raw power; but Pein would survive forever, whereas Uchiha Madara presumably wouldn't)

Third, we have no idea what the relationship between Uchiha Madara and Pein is. I'm starting to think that Uchiha Madara approached Pein with the Akatsuki plan, knowing that Pein's recent conquest of the Land of Rain would provide them a strong base of operation. Pein's goals presumably coincided with Uchiha Madara's. (In fact, I'm thinking that Uchiha Madara needs the first 8 bijuus to beat the Kyuubi. After the Kyuubi is under Madara's control, the first 8 will be used by Pein for his Akatsuki plan -- to bring war to the five main countries, show them pain, corner the market on ninjas, etc)

He trained Naruto for just short of 3 years and look how differently they developed. Naruto couldn't even comprehend elemental jutsu and they were already using water and wind elements.

That goes back to Orochimaru's point that Naruto has no talent something Jiraiya admitted to.

Ah I see, my bad I misunderstood Yukimura. Now that really does make Nauto look bad, doesn't it?

Eh, not really. Jiraiya has always focused on teaching Naruto about chakra control, so that he could safely use the Kyuubi's chakra. This is why he pushed him off the cliff. This is why he taught him the Rasengan (despite it being a ridiculously difficult technique). Jiraiya once told Kakashi that his life has only been in danger twice: once against Naruto using Kyuubi chakra, and from what we've seen since, once against Hanzo, the most respected ninja of his day.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 10-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Jiraiya once told Kakashi that his life has only been in danger twice: once against Naruto using Kyuubi chakra, and from what we've seen since, once against Hanzo, the most respected ninja of his day.

There was that one time when Tsunade caught him peeping at her in the bathhouse, as well. So, three times?

Raven
Sat, 10-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Here's the last part of my idea: how did Tobi get the Sharingan, if he isn't an Uchiha? Maybe he simply recovered the body of a fallen Uchiha (do we know any?), and took the eye. Maybe he was jealous of Nagato's doujutsu, or maybe he needed it for another reason?

Keeping up with his reasoning of becoming powerful to protect the whole country, maybe he did take the eye from a fallen Uchiha, having heard about the legacy of Uchiha Madara and the power he possessed. This would fit in with Tobi saying "The power of Uchiha Madara is mine!" without meaning that he is actually him. It would also fit in with trying to better Nagato's doujutsu if he was jealous and wanted to be the all-powerful saviour rather than being surpassed by someone he thought of as inferior.

It's all grasping at straws though.

ody
Sat, 10-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Did you not read back a chapter or two where he uses a jutsu out of his mouth that engulfs her in a saliva like substance, where he says, it's impossible for you to turn into paper?
Wow, I completely skipped that part.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 10-07-2007, 12:48 AM
That 'saliva like substance' was oil.

KCMmmmm
Sun, 10-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Keeping up with his reasoning of becoming powerful to protect the whole country, maybe he did take the eye from a fallen Uchiha, having heard about the legacy of Uchiha Madara and the power he possessed. This would fit in with Tobi saying "The power of Uchiha Madara is mine!" without meaning that he is actually him. It would also fit in with trying to better Nagato's doujutsu if he was jealous and wanted to be the all-powerful saviour rather than being surpassed by someone he thought of as inferior.

It's all grasping at straws though.

Thanks for responding! Yeah, I agree - it's thin, but I'm enjoying the fact that, even while Naruto seems to have been wrapping up all of its secrets, it still leaves a couple new ones here and there. This chapter is the first in a while on which I've seen so much speculation.

poopdeville
Sun, 10-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Thanks for responding! Yeah, I agree - it's thin, but I'm enjoying the fact that, even while Naruto seems to have been wrapping up all of its secrets, it still leaves a couple new ones here and there. This chapter is the first in a while on which I've seen so much speculation.

I like this idea in principle. It has a lot of explanatory power. But if this is true, it makes it really obvious that Itachi is a member of Roots.

Genma
Sun, 10-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Keeping up with his reasoning of becoming powerful to protect the whole country, maybe he did take the eye from a fallen Uchiha, having heard about the legacy of Uchiha Madara and the power he possessed. This would fit in with Tobi saying "The power of Uchiha Madara is mine!" without meaning that he is actually him.

Ohgawd, I half hope this theory isn't right, because then it'd give all the more reason to have Tobi be Obito... just with Madara's eyes.

The theory of the Fourth Hokage being Naruto's father has already been proven, so I desperately hope Tobi being Obito doesn't turn out to be true as well.

But hey, if Tobi is just plain Tobi with Madara's eye(s), I'd be fine with that. :p

KCMmmmm
Sun, 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Ohgawd, I half hope this theory isn't right, because then it'd give all the more reason to have Tobi be Obito... just with Madara's eyes.

The theory of the Fourth Hokage being Naruto's father has already been proven, so I desperately hope Tobi being Obito doesn't turn out to be true as well.

But hey, if Tobi is just plain Tobi with Madara's eye(s), I'd be fine with that. :p

No, no. The theory in question is whether there is a possibility that Tobi is Yahiko, with an Uchiha eye.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 10-07-2007, 04:49 PM
It just occured to me that simply because the Rin'egan is the most powerful of the three eye techniques doesn't make the user invincible. Afterall, Shodaime without any eye bloodline limit was able to defeat Madara, and Chiyo Ba from the Sand also talked about how you can fight someone with the Sharingan. It seems to me that Naruto may finally be heading towards a climactic battle which is more than just 'power levels' but may actually involve some strategy and plotting,

SilentSnake
Sun, 10-07-2007, 05:11 PM
It just occured to me that simply because the Rin'egan is the most powerful of the three eye techniques doesn't make the user invincible. Afterall, Shodaime without any eye bloodline limit was able to defeat Madara, and Chiyo Ba from the Sand also talked about how you can fight someone with the Sharingan. It seems to me that Naruto may finally be heading towards a climactic battle which is more than just 'power levels' but may actually involve some strategy and plotting,

That makes sense, which is good (no dbz-like naruto).

But theoretically it should be obvious (hello, ninjas :D ).
We did see Naruto owning Neji after all... and that was literally years ago ;)

Assertn
Mon, 10-08-2007, 12:47 PM
The only reason I'd even consider that Tobi is Yahiko is if Rinnegan is indeed superior to sharingan yet Pain still accepts Tobi as the true leader. If it turns out the Madara's power has always been the strongest afterall, then we're still back at square one.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 10-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Yea but that bit at the end of one of the chapters, where Tobi is on Madara's statue thinking about Sasuke seems out of place for him to be Yahiko. What would Yahiko want with Sasuke? With Madara or another Uchiha you could understand, as it would be some sort of clan thing.

Tenbatsu
Mon, 10-08-2007, 06:23 PM
The bodies Pein use are of dead people right? Isnt the spiky haired guy hes in at the beginning Yahiko?

Carnage
Mon, 10-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Yes, because if two people have spiky hair of the same color, then they must be the same person.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
wow, there is even a stronger eye than the sharingan - the GODMODEGAN.

maybe the the eye has the potentiel to be the strongest, but only when combined with the nine beasts (the eye is level on, and each beast represents a new level of eye skills).
still, I don't care.

also, maybe the three eyes aren't nesscery, NGGODGAN, Sharingan and the byakougan, maybe there's another eye skill, since the sharingan is colored as gazzilion times stronger than the byakougan...

anyway, I now hate Payne as well, at least until they say that he really is yahiko whos made a bitch out of nagato. which probably isn't the case.

February
Wed, 10-10-2007, 06:56 PM
wow, there is even a stronger eye than the sharingan - the GODMODEGAN.

maybe the the eye has the potentiel to be the strongest, but only when combined with the nine beasts (the eye is level on, and each beast represents a new level of eye skills).
still, I don't care.

also, maybe the three eyes aren't nesscery, NGGODGAN, Sharingan and the byakougan, maybe there's another eye skill, since the sharingan is colored as gazzilion times stronger than the byakougan...

anyway, I now hate Payne as well, at least until they say that he really is yahiko whos made a bitch out of nagato. which probably isn't the case.

from your post, i suspect you are tired of kishi making bloodline eyes extremely godly and powerful...but it should be powerful because they are bloodline powers, and that secret has been heavily guarded from generation to generation (i.e. hyuuga clan) I personally think that the addition of these eyes into the Naruto ninja world has been brilliant

sharingan is an evolution of the byakugan, evolution is means of adapting and usually better fit to survive, which shows why sharingan is portrayed stronger than the byakugan, so its not unreasonable to show that the sharingan is indeed stronger and more useful than the byakugan

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-10-2007, 07:13 PM
you have misread me. my bad, I wasn't very clear with my earlier post.

I was raising the option that maybe Byakougan isn't one of these three godly eyelines (since, as you said, the sharingan grew from it), and so there is a possibilty that we'll be introduced to another super eyeline. which I would hate to see happenning.

as for the bloodlines powers... we first had sharingan - which came out to be badassly strong, but still, not perfect. then we had Haku's ice bloodline, which was pretty strong, until it lost to sheer chackra power (at that time, I don't think it was even that much power), later, we see Byakougan, which was beaten a few months later. stage one.

than we see MSharingan, super genjutsu, super flame. two years later it becomes a supreme genjutsu (just hearing a shadow can cast you into a genjutsu, despite being an eye skill) with time/space blasting abilities.

in comes tobi/madare. who other than living has been portrayted as the ultimate ninja, since he has the sharingan. we haven't seen him fight anyone that matters, but just becuase he got the eyes, we assume that he is invincible.

now Payne / Nagato. we never saw him fight, we have no idea what his eyes do, but we know that he is the most powerful ninja ever becuase he has the ~godmodegan.
it's a one trick pony thing. the only one who gets to fight with brain is shikamaru, and that's since Kishi dumbs down his enemies on a regular basis.

Assertn
Thu, 10-11-2007, 12:55 PM
from your post, i suspect you are tired of kishi making bloodline eyes extremely godly and powerful...but it should be powerful because they are bloodline powers, and that secret has been heavily guarded from generation to generation (i.e. hyuuga clan) I personally think that the addition of these eyes into the Naruto ninja world has been brilliant

Well....in addition to that....mythologies have always regarded doujutsus (eye jutsus) to be the most powerful of jutsus.