PDA

View Full Version : Dragonaut ~The Resonance~

kooshi
Wed, 10-03-2007, 06:05 PM
A Gonzo series for this fall. I've heard some good comments on it and it looks pretty cool.

Summary

Twenty years prior to the series' beginning, an asteroid headed for Earth destroys Pluto. Due to Pluto's destruction, the asteroid, which is dubbed Thanatos, becomes temporarily stagnant. Facing impending destruction, the International Solarsystem Development Agency (ISDA) creates a secret weapon called the "Dragonaut" after finding a dragon egg under the ocean. This weapon's primary purpose is to destroy the asteroid when the time comes. However, they soon find out that the asteroid is not their only threat, as powerful dragon-like creatures, which are bent on destruction, appear on Earth.

After witnessing a murder by one of the creatures, Jin Kamishina, a lonely 18-year-old boy who lost his family in a shuttle accident two years ago, gets involved in the mysteries of the dragons and becomes the chosen pilot of the Dragonaut. Helping him on his journey is Toa, a mysterious girl who saves him from falling to his death after the creature attacks him. As they get deeper into the mysteries of the dragons, they encounter new friends and enemies, and also begin to develop a closer relationship.

Official site (http://www.dragonaut.com/index.html)
ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7819)
AnimeNfo (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,4018,qwlfqd,dragonaut__the_.html)

animus
Wed, 10-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Really hesitant when it comes to anime or games with Dragon in the title, or dragon as a main focus of the story. Anyways, the art looks pretty good. Hopefully it'll be decent atleast.

bennybot4
Wed, 10-03-2007, 10:00 PM
will give this one a shot!

Kraco
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:59 AM
I share much of Animus's sentiment, but it wouldn't hurt to give this one a try. I love dragons as much as the next guy but far too often they get really poor treatment in fiction. Still, the last sentence of the description makes me want to have a look at this show, dragons at the center or not.

Styles
Thu, 10-04-2007, 03:33 AM
Saw some screen-shots of the first episode and it looks pretty good so far. Wonder who will pick it up.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-04-2007, 07:41 AM
It has "dragon" in the name but isn't this show more about mecha?

Styles
Thu, 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM
No dragons from what I seen.

Inazuma
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Raw is out, by S^M

Munsu
Fri, 10-05-2007, 12:18 AM
First episode by Infitine-Zero:
http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/[I-Z]Dragonaut%20%20The%20Resonance%20%2001%20(2B5C5BAF )%20.mp4.torrent

AbstractTheorem
Fri, 10-05-2007, 07:51 AM
At the very beginning of the episode the guys seem to be a bit on the metro side of things almost leading you to believe that this is going to be some sort of Yaoi and then a few minutes later.....

BAMN!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n211/AbstractTheorem/its_Shouen.jpg
It's Shōnen ....lol :P

Not bad for the first episode. I have always been biased toward shows with high production quality (not just nice key frames but quality fill animation as well) and overall the quality of the animation is what is expected of Gonzo. The Storyline is interesting enough to let me watch a few more episodes without having to rely solely on graphical eye candy.

Glad another anime with potential came along to fill the void of the good ones that have ended.

**Edited Swapped Yuri <--> Yaoi

Kraco
Fri, 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah, the beginning was indeed interesting in how it depicted the friendship between the two guys. It certainly gave some yaoi vibes. However, I think it was just trying to emphasize in a short time (scene) that they were good friends. Although the fact Kamishina's sister first referred to the other guy as his girlfriend (well, sort of referred in such a way) didn't actually lessen the impression.

But rest of it was decent enough. Hard to say yet much of the characters and what they are like. Not to mention what the monster is or the communicator. Well, Jin and the communicator girl seem to be well in sync which is good enough for me for now. Now we only need to see some dragons to get things rocking...

animus
Fri, 10-05-2007, 12:29 PM
At the very beginning of the episode the guys seem to be a bit on the metro side of things almost leading you to believe that this is going to be some sort of Yuri and then a few minutes later.....

BAMN!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n211/AbstractTheorem/its_Shouen.jpg
It's Shōnen ....lol :P

Not bad for the first episode. I have always been biased toward shows with high production quality (not just nice key frames but quality fill animation as well) and overall the quality of the animation is what is expected of Gonzo. The Storyline is interesting enough to let me watch a few more episodes without having to rely solely on graphical eye candy.

Glad another anime with potential came along to fill the void of the good ones that have ended.

You mean Yaoi, Yuri are for female + female relations.

Anyways, the animation is pretty high. Hot babes and huge tits everywhere are always a huge plus.

Pretty decent so far, but telling from the OP you can't tell if this is gonna be a mecha anime or not.

Assassin
Fri, 10-05-2007, 03:31 PM
im waiting for the doujins to come out

AbstractTheorem
Sat, 10-06-2007, 03:42 PM
You mean Yaoi, Yuri are for female + female relations.

Anyways, the animation is pretty high. Hot babes and huge tits everywhere are always a huge plus.

Pretty decent so far, but telling from the OP you can't tell if this is gonna be a mecha anime or not.

Yeah my bad I always screw up the distinction between those two definitions in my head edited post to change it

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Well, I don't like the art (I hated Witchblade's too), but the cast seems pretty solid, the fanservice factor is high, and I'm confused more than enough. This definitely warrants a few more episodes.

masamuneehs
Tue, 10-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Dragonaut - the Resonance ~ Episode 1 ~ avi ~ Shinsen Subs (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_Dragonaut_-_The_Resonance_-_01_%5B4970D640%5D.avi.torrent)

Shinsen throws their hats in, as always, into the fansubbing ring. I don't know much about the other group, Infinite Zero, so I'm holding off commiting to either group until I compare their work.

oyabun
Tue, 10-09-2007, 07:32 AM
The plot is really not yet showed in the first episode. theres too many characters with little introduction. Its a little confusing but it makes you want to watch the next episode.:D can't wait!

animus
Tue, 10-09-2007, 09:01 AM
I'd watch the next episode just for the massive amounts of huge tit fanservice alone.

oyabun
Tue, 10-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I'd watch the next episode just for the massive amounts of huge tit fanservice alone.

And yes ofcourse that too.:D

Shadowflame
Tue, 10-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Downloading. I have high hopes for good mindless viewing and perhaps even quality story. Also, I'd watch anything where the lead character's name is "Jin Kamishina." Especially if he has a grandfather bent on world domination named "Heihachi Kamishina."

Carnage
Tue, 10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
This anime is alright. I find it a bit corny, but I think Im going to stick with it.

kooshi
Tue, 10-09-2007, 11:46 PM
In agreement with Carnage. A pretty slow start, what with the large amount of character intros and kind-of slow-paced story. I'll be sticking with this show for now.

animus
Thu, 10-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Episode 2 - Infinity-Zero (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2002%20(BC3CD889).mp4.torrent)

Munsu
Thu, 10-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Episode was recalled, there should be a v2 soon.

Munsu
Fri, 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM
version 2:
http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2002v2%20(AE4F58C7).mp4.torrent

Kraco
Sat, 10-13-2007, 12:38 PM
I most sincerely hope Jin won't turn Shinji-emo now that he saw the chick is a dragon in fact. Even if it was just after he learned it was a dragon who destroyed the shuttle killing his family. I know it'd be a lot to take even for a real person, but still I hope he has guts to accept it like a man.

If he breaks down, starts to hate Toa and takes 5 episodes to recover, I honestly don't know if I can bear that... Well, it's not like the game was yet lost, of course. The next ep will be the moment of truth.

Kraco
Thu, 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Whether to rise or to fall; it's time to decide here and now:

Episode 3 - Infinite-zero (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2003%20(5DABD245).mp4.torrent)

animus
Thu, 10-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh god this is corny. It's like Zoids but makes less sense. Organic people -> Inorganic machines? There has to be some type of line in anime where these ideas just get plain silly when the series in question is serious and trying hard to look badass but failing miserably. (IE not Gurren Lagann or for example comedy). I'd say it's even cornier than Zoids.

Everon
Fri, 10-19-2007, 04:11 AM
^Correction: Organic people ---> Inorganic DRAGON machines. :p

3rd episode meanders around accomplishing very little. Its a shame since the first episode seemed to have so much promise.

Kraco
Fri, 10-19-2007, 05:32 AM
I thought this was a unique series where the main character drowns in the third episode, but then I watched the preview and it seems he's still alive and well and only washed to the shore.

But this Jin fellow surely is kind of slow to grasp things.

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-22-2007, 12:40 PM
i thought this was going to be about space or mecha or... well, not what it seems to be...

watched the first episode. I like it so far. Has fanservice for every type: lots of scantily clad chicks with titties like elbows, a lesbian couple, an apparently gay duo of bishounen, naked dude getting science experiment tentacled... In fact, the majority of the 'framed shots' focused almost awkwardly on the characters bodies or faces (as opposed to where they are in terms of their surroundings)

well, i'm on board

Kraco
Fri, 10-26-2007, 04:35 AM
At least there's some space for Masa now:

Episode 4 - Infinite-Zero (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2004%20(86019343).mp4.torrent)

- - - - - - -

This was actually a promising episode. Granted, there were some dodgy details like the ages old "bash the keypad and the locked door opens against all lock designing logic" cliche, but the grand idea of Jin and Gin's little plot was quite nice. I don't know how exactly Jin was able to do what he did (or know all that), but if you forget such things, he performed in a cool manner. I guess he really wants his woman back...

Darknodin
Sat, 10-27-2007, 02:24 PM
and the dragons are organic... i kinda like this story so far.

masamuneehs
Sat, 10-27-2007, 06:35 PM
so i sat down with some pleasure to watch episode 3 and I get a what the hell?

i mean, i was looking forward to seeing how they did the dragon battle (as i thought the fighting between Toa in her human form and all those enemies was pretty cool) and it turns into silliness! Instead of slowly building up the coolness of the variety of dragons and their riders, they just throw them all out there in a cheesy Power Rangers Transformation sequence, then have most of them floundering around in the air with a few random attacks that arbitrarily hit or miss...

In short, the dragon battle was an epic failure, I felt. The coolest parts of the episodes were with the ISDA commander and the freaky chick on the submarine. At least that felt like something important going on wasn't getting addressed in cliched half awake sleep walking fashion...

and the one character I was hoping something for, Jin's friend, collapses at the sight of his boy-crush dragon flying off with Jin on it, like some spoiled grade schooler whose friend has gotten their hands on a gift at his birthday party.

this episode failed so hard that i'm seriously considering stopping right now.

also, when Jin is supposedly riding on Gio's back and not falling off, and he reaches out to touch Toa, HOW THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN?!?! I mean, he's riding on a huge fucking dragon, and he can just reach out next to him with his maybe two foot reach and touch the other huge dragon? How fucking close were they flying together?

and don't even get me started on the Dragonauts "piloting" their conscientious, somewhat machine, somewhat flesh dragons...

Yukimura
Sat, 10-27-2007, 09:41 PM
It's a show about giant enemy dragons sent to earth by a 'star' that came into the Solar System from who knows where, destroyed Pluto and then just sort of stopped and took on its orbit. Somehow, copies of these alien enemy dragons have been secretly reverse engineered and cultivated by human technology and these copies (as well as the originals apparently) can transform into humanoids with supernatural powers. Yes this all makes perfect sense....

If the law of the conservation of mass doesn't have to be obeyed (Toa does little damage to buildings when she hits or lands on them in human form, indicating her human form does not posess the mass/momentum of her dragon form) why would you think a silly little thing like the axiom 'Two bodies can't inhabit the same space at the same time' (I don't know that this has been proven anyway) would hold.

I'm not saying it's not absurd but this whole show is completely based on absurdity...if you are going to be annoyed by breaches of physics you should just drop it.

Plus, the piloting things seems completely feasible if they are directly taping into the nervous system of the dragons (assuming they have nervous systems of course)

Anyway, episode 4 was interesting, apparently Gio is supposed to be bound to Jin's friend yet he's able to ignore him and the girl dragon seems to be very interested in being free as well.

Darknodin
Sun, 10-28-2007, 09:35 AM
If the law of the conservation of mass doesn't have to be obeyed (Toa does little damage to buildings when she hits or lands on them in human form, indicating her human form does not posess the mass/momentum of her dragon form) why would you think a silly little thing like the axiom 'Two bodies can't inhabit the same space at the same time' (I don't know that this has been proven anyway) would hold.

i'm not entirely sure i've seen a show where anyone cares about the conservation of mass (maybe except TTGL... somewhat). but you're going a little too far with the Toa thing.

imo, the dragon battles are lame (maybe because of the CGI), but the story I find interesting. episode 4 was kinda good

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Premises can be forgiven, that is anime. But if people start accepting that simply because the premise is based on fantasy that anything absurd that happens after that is acceptable, then its the end for all good anime.

AbstractTheorem
Mon, 10-29-2007, 08:31 AM
If the law of the conservation of mass doesn't have to be obeyed (Toa does little damage to buildings when she hits or lands on them in human form, indicating her human form does not possess the mass/momentum of her dragon form) why would you think a silly little thing like the axiom 'Two bodies can't inhabit the same space at the same time' (I don't know that this has been proven anyway) would hold.

although I don't necessarily like the show... (episode 3 ruined it for me.... The Dragon Jet Machines were pretty terrible IMHO)

an excuse for Toa maintaining the mass of her Dragon form could be that her human form is super dense and expands when she turns into a dragon? Think of how a Neutron Star (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_star) forms in reverse... lol...yeah its reaching far into the land of BS...

Yukimura
Mon, 10-29-2007, 09:08 AM
I didn't really want to drag this into a physics discussion but what the hell it's fun. The weirdness doesn't come from her mass it comes from her apparent momentum. Even if she was super dense she would still crush buildings when landing on them in human form because of her huge dragon mass. The scene where she got knocked into the ground in dragon form showed a more believable effect on the surroundings when that much mass hits something moving at a decent speed. But when she was roof hopping with Jin she didn't seem to disturb the buildings at all. I don't have any problems with bent or broken laws of physics in anime (it's magic is more than enough of an explanation), but a broken law is still a broken law.

Kraco
Mon, 10-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Nah. Laws weren't broken. I suspect the explanation is simple matter-energy conversion. When she transforms to the human form, the extra mass (matter) of the dragon form is stored as energy inside some special cell organelles (which of course also explains why the human form can perform such tricks that no man could even dream of, like hopping from one building to another hundreds of meters at a time). Then when she reverts back to the original dragon form, she just converts the energy back into matter. Simple, elegant, and above all explains everything.

AbstractTheorem
Mon, 10-29-2007, 08:12 PM
I didn't really want to drag this into a physics discussion but what the hell it's fun. The weirdness doesn't come from her mass it comes from her apparent momentum. Even if she was super dense she would still crush buildings when landing on them in human form because of her huge dragon mass. The scene where she got knocked into the ground in dragon form showed a more believable effect on the surroundings when that much mass hits something moving at a decent speed. But when she was roof hopping with Jin she didn't seem to disturb the buildings at all. I don't have any problems with bent or broken laws of physics in anime (it's magic is more than enough of an explanation), but a broken law is still a broken law.

lol... I thought you were saying that you didn't understand how she could have such a high mass in dragon form like that and turn into a human form.

...yeah she probably should have crushed Jin 's face in when she kissed him

On the subject of the building hopping thing.... perhaps she still retains "dragon flight abilities" in human form and uses them to cushion the impact.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 10-31-2007, 01:22 AM
so i sat down with some pleasure to watch episode 3 and I get a what the hell?

i mean, i was looking forward to seeing how they did the dragon battle (as i thought the fighting between Toa in her human form and all those enemies was pretty cool) and it turns into silliness! Instead of slowly building up the coolness of the variety of dragons and their riders, they just throw them all out there in a cheesy Power Rangers Transformation sequence, then have most of them floundering around in the air with a few random attacks that arbitrarily hit or miss...

In short, the dragon battle was an epic failure, I felt. The coolest parts of the episodes were with the ISDA commander and the freaky chick on the submarine. At least that felt like something important going on wasn't getting addressed in cliched half awake sleep walking fashion...

and the one character I was hoping something for, Jin's friend, collapses at the sight of his boy-crush dragon flying off with Jin on it, like some spoiled grade schooler whose friend has gotten their hands on a gift at his birthday party.

this episode failed so hard that i'm seriously considering stopping right now.

also, when Jin is supposedly riding on Gio's back and not falling off, and he reaches out to touch Toa, HOW THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN?!?! I mean, he's riding on a huge fucking dragon, and he can just reach out next to him with his maybe two foot reach and touch the other huge dragon? How fucking close were they flying together?

and don't even get me started on the Dragonauts "piloting" their conscientious, somewhat machine, somewhat flesh dragons...

OFT, I completely agree with you 100%. -.-

Shadowflame
Thu, 11-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Nah. Laws weren't broken. I suspect the explanation is simple matter-energy conversion. When she transforms to the human form, the extra mass (matter) of the dragon form is stored as energy inside some special cell organelles (which of course also explains why the human form can perform such tricks that no man could even dream of, like hopping from one building to another hundreds of meters at a time). Then when she reverts back to the original dragon form, she just converts the energy back into matter. Simple, elegant, and above all explains everything.
But she...used that energy to do all those crazy stunts. Unless, having changed everything into energy and giving off heat as she's doing random crap, she then sucks back in the heat and mahou shoujos herself back into dragon form.

I found Episode 4 enjoyable, and it's hard for me to drop an anime with so many fake Tekken characters :p and that Shady Lady is, well, shady. And quite blessed, as are all the women in this anime other than Akira and Toa to a certain extent. But that's all tangential.

Kraco
Thu, 11-01-2007, 02:12 PM
But she...used that energy to do all those crazy stunts. Unless, having changed everything into energy and giving off heat as she's doing random crap, she then sucks back in the heat and mahou shoujos herself back into dragon form.

I don't think you quite understand how much energy you could get out of even a tiny bit of matter if you could somehow convert it to energy (without using more energy for the process than it produces). The energy used for the simple tricks she performed is totally insignificant compared to that.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't think you quite understand how much energy you could get out of even a tiny bit of matter if you could somehow convert it to energy (without using more energy for the process than it produces). The energy used for the simple tricks she performed is totally insignificant compared to that.

Lol, hence Nuclear weapons.

Shadowflame
Thu, 11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
But her human form would still have to be perfectly efficient and regenerative, while storing all that energy that she converted from her dragon form within her human form, unless her dragon form gets smaller every time she goes human. I think it's safe to say that it would end up exactly like nuclear weapons.

Kraco
Thu, 11-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Nothing says she doesn't eat while in either form. A pizza goes a long way in refilling her with new matter to convert into energy.

After all, if you cease to eat, before long you will also start to get smaller. If you then restart eating, you will gain what you lost.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-01-2007, 04:39 PM
@Eating discussion, 1 pound of matter perfectly converts to about as much energy as 10 megatons worth of TNT.

So if dragons do have some sort of perfect mass<->energy converter and they store all their mass inside their smaller forms they really shouldn't be wanting for energy at all. Those dragons have to weigh at least 100 tons and their human forms probably weigh around 100-200 lbs, therefore, based on mass conversion they're all toting around 8.1 * 10^21 joules of energy in their magic organs (99.95 tons converted into pure energy). For comparison thats about 17% of the estimated amount of the energy consumed by all of humanity in 2004.

All this is moot however as I have come to the conclusion (after furious research) that energy->matter conversion is anything but simple and extremely unlikely to give back matter in anything remotely resembling a useful form (namely atomic nuclei component particles) without the aide of significant amounts of 'magic' to force things that theoretically can't just be slapped together to be slapped together (said nuclei). Converting pure energy into mass carrying particles is possible. And using the kinetic energy of pre-existing mass carrying particles you can create different mass carrying particles but creating stable mass carrying particles like protons and neutrons out of pure energy can't be done due to several very confusing rules governing charge, spin and some other quantum nonsense I can grasp the application but not the function of.

Fortunately magic cares little for the rules of science so it all works out fine in the end.

EDIT: Dragonaut - 05 - [I-Z] (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2005%20(B9A3C0FB).mp4.torrent)

Shadowflame
Fri, 11-02-2007, 03:15 PM
And using the kinetic energy of pre-existing mass carrying particles you can create different mass carrying particles but creating stable mass carrying particles like protons and neutrons out of pure energy can't be done due to several very confusing rules governing charge, spin and some other quantum nonsense I can grasp the application but not the function of.The stability was what I was referencing when I said the thing about it being exactly like nuclear weapons. There would have to be magic involved in storing all that potential, or she'd explode and take out all of Japan every time she transformed (hoping I don't offend with the timing of this comment, if I did I'm sorry, but I think it's okay).

And thanks for the torrent.

Kraco
Fri, 11-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I was getting pissed off at Jin during this episode - how meekly he seemed to accept being arrested by the dubious Gillard army, but then he suddenly sprang into action and had the console shot and the strange radiation machine neutralized. He does have some balls after all even when the situation is not directly related to Toa. Jolly good.

According to the preview it looks like we will see them pair up again. That's welcome news. I liked how they seemed to like each others right from the beginning. It's a welcome change from the usual shounen shows where things are always so very slow.

Kraco
Thu, 11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Smaug wouldn't be proud:

Episode 6 - Infinite-Zero (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2006%20(EA0E7DC2).mp4.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: Aww.... Just aww... How cute and heart-warming. They love each other so much.

Kraco
Thu, 11-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Organic dragon mechas resonate almost as well as a combination of a cheap PC case and a cheap 54x CD-ROM drive...

Episode 7 - Infinite-Zero (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2007%20(76CA96E9).mp4.torrent)

Board of Command
Fri, 11-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Not that I'm not a tit guy, but the amount of cleavage in this series is a bit over the top. It's not even appealing anymore.

http://anime.goo.ne.jp/contents/news/NAN20070903_81/20070903_81_10.jpg

Especially her. That's just silly.

Yukimura
Fri, 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM
The thins with her and the 'bathing suit' was just plain atrocious. But it did show off how little the character designers care about reasonable body structure. The scene at around 7:37-7:40 was just disturbing. Her torso is a straight line about half as thick as her hips and then it suddenly turns into a trapezoid...this makes no sense.

In other news, Kazuki is a psyhotic emo...go figure!

Kraco
Sat, 11-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Yeah. Any sensible organization would kick a person like that out immediately. The man is clearly not cut out for operating as highly dangerous an entity as the dragon is. It's like using total psychos as bomber pilots.

But I suppose he will just exchange a few punches with Jin and suddenly be mentally stable again.

Considering that other matter it's at least good Toa has a reasonable body.

Kraco
Thu, 11-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Psychotic emos and trapezoids:

Episode 8 - Infinite-Zero (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2008%20(EDB1ED80).mp4.torrent)

- - - - - - - - -

Edit: The format of this show is starting to get evident: Bring Jin and Toa together, separate Jin and Toa, bring Jin and Toa together, separate Jin and Toa, bring Jin and Toa... etc^episode number.

One thing I expected to happen differently was Jin accepting the trade. I thought he was the kind of (unique) guy in this series that saw the dragons totally as persons, with Kazuki being the extreme opposite. But I guess Jin isn't that different after all.

Knives122
Thu, 11-22-2007, 09:23 PM
He may have a plan if he gets over his emoness to get both Gio and Toa back providing they all stop acting like jackasses.

Plus Gio seems like the kind of guy that would punch Kazuki in the gut saying "fuck you".......oh wait that's already happened, So I expect Kazuki to go into rampaging self-cutting session with those scissors, b/c his entire attitude is completely illogical..

Yukimura
Fri, 11-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Yeah Kazuki is just plain crazy. I loved how Akira commented on the absurdity of his new emo hairdo.

As to the transfer Jin could have handled the situation better if he'd just said "Hey Gio, will you listen to this douche bag if it means Toa won't get dissected?". As far as I know Gio does whatever he wants and Jin has no actual hold over him. Kaszuki needs to understand that Gio hates him just like everyone else because he's a worthless waste of space. Then he can go cry to Widow (who is a thousand times too awesome for him) and cut himself more.

The one plot related aspect of the episode bears discussion, what is Toa's mission? Who is the everyone that she is supposed to get together? My theory is that she wants to get the body of the Dragon the ISDA has and she turned herself in in order to get close to it.

Kraco
Fri, 11-23-2007, 02:55 AM
I thought her mission was to collect all the dragons and take them away from Earth. Well, she hasn't yet manifested a power she could use to win over the tamed, typical dragons but who knows. Maybe it's just to take away the unborn ones. Or the corpse like you said, especially if it's somehow related to the eggs and not just a piece of dead meat. Although the flashback seemed to indicate the eggs are randomly scattered in the ocean(s).

Kraco
Fri, 11-30-2007, 02:23 AM
What is Toa's mysterious mission?

Episode 9 - Infinite-Zero (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2009%20(3CBCD7D6).mp4.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 12-07-2007, 04:05 AM
Jin could call the cell his second home already:

Episode 10 - Infinite-Zero (http://a.scarywater.net/infinite-zero/%5BI-Z%5DDragonaut%20-The%20Resonance-%2010%20(0E457843).mp4.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 12-09-2007, 04:04 PM
It seems like a very strange world they are living in. I thought the Gillard army was just a name for some multinational force or something, perhaps one that was intended to use conventional weaponry against the threat, as opposed to the ISDA which uses the dragons exclusively. However, after what this episode revealed, it seems like the Gillard army is some lunatic's little private military. Why the heck would such a thing have any international standing?

Seriously, it looks more and more like this story has no foundation at all but random things are just added whenever the plot requires something, with no regard to how probable or logical it would be. That is, assuming there is an actual solid plot somewhere in there...

NeoBear
Sat, 01-19-2008, 12:42 PM
is this show any better then it was, gave me a black cat vibe last episode i watched all i rember was a waist shot view of some chick with a swords boobs. i got borde with it has the story picked up?

Kraco
Sat, 01-19-2008, 01:06 PM
No idea. I haven't wacthed since the ep 10, although I've been downloading the new episodes regularly. Unfortunately I happened to hear somewhere that Jin remains an angsty emo, which, honestly, hasn't encouraged me to double click the icons in my utorrent folder.

NeoBear
Sat, 01-19-2008, 05:31 PM
oh well thanks for the heads up i cant relly deal with any more emo QQ im the hunter officer for my guild in wow i drink tears all day...