here's it is from db:

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b143.torrent

DB_Hunter
Wed, 10-03-2007, 06:56 PM
That was quick...

Darknodin
Wed, 10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
no replies yet?

i loved this episode... Grimmjow was just plain awesome.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 10-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Just finished watching it.

Great to see Grimmjow back, though it was kind of expected. Also expected was the treatment of Luppi, though that didn't make it any less enjoyable :D

Good ep. Nice to see the the Dad's getting involved again. Interesting to hear that Ichigo's dad had apparantly lost his powers. Wonder how that happened. Seems as though him and Ishida's dad have a friendship as well, which is pretty cool.

Would love to see those two and Urahara in action.

Nintendo
Wed, 10-03-2007, 10:23 PM
great episode,i love it when they take us deep in the story and know more about the characters.great to see ichigo's dad again and also ishida's,i'd like to know more about them and their relation with Urahara (may be when Urahara starts living in the real world they knew eachother,i don;t know) also i'd like to see what Urahara will do with ichigo's friends,will they just leave or figure that they have hidden powers also which would be great.and of course the part of grimmJaw and Aizen was awsome.
in conclusion Bleach kicks Naruto's ass.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 10-03-2007, 11:16 PM
On the story itself, it was a bit lame of Grimmjow to be estatic like he was. Sure, he is back as an Espada, but screaming out that he is number 6 again just kind of showed lack of ambition in my opinion. I mean, what would the other Espada who are higher than him think? They would still see him as someone they could kill if they wanted to, only more pathetic with his outburst.

Urahara sneaking in to the hospital was quite funny.

Also, just noticed that Ichigo's dad seems to have part of a Captain's cloak attached to his shinigami kimono. Could there be a possible link between that and him saying that his powers are back more or less?

Nai
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Aw, my pretty Luppi is dead. I knew he had it coming considering we already saw his unleashed form in his very first fight... and then there's the unfortunate fact that he was my favorite Arrancar so far. Characters I like have a habit of dying all too quickly. At least he went out with quite the fatality delivered by the renewed badass Grimmjow.

I liked this episode and Ryūken is totally hot. More of him, please!

Inazuma
Thu, 10-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Luppi ate a punch and a point-blank Cero. Then turned to ash.
End of the fight, short but delicious.

Kraco
Thu, 10-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Orihime did what few others of the gang so far have managed to do: Get an Espada killed. It's a pretty good start, I should say, for someone who was pretty much labeled as unfitting for fighting. Such irony. But then again, there are many ways to fight, like Aizen himself has proven in the past.

Bleach4Me
Thu, 10-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Well it seems Ichigos father had at one point lost his powers. And now magicly has them back. Reminds me of......Ichigo. Here is what I think happened.

Ichigos Father came to Earth as a Shinigami, saw Ichigos mom, and fell in love. Went to his long time friend Urahara and Urahara had a way to turn him into a human. (With use of a Gaigai just like how he tried to turn Rukia into a human)

They live happily together until a Hollow kills his wife. He goes to Urahara again and wants his powers back cause hes pissed. We know Urahara can do this cause he helped Ichigo find his lost powers. So he gets thrown into a pit just like Ichigo.

So under this possibility Ichigo's dad might be a form of Vizard as well. Dont know if this is actually the case, but we already know that Urahara can turn a Shinigami into a human and vise versa.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-04-2007, 09:20 AM
The only way Ichigo's dad would become a Vizard in that instance is if he didn't escape the pit until the very last moment like Ichigo did(assuming thats even why Ichigo is a Vizard).

Something tells me a guy that was once a really powerful Shinigami would get out of the pit with time to spare.

Haha, and fuck Luppi! Grimmjow is back!

Narasho
Thu, 10-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Orihime did what few others of the gang so far have managed to do: Get an Espada killed. It's a pretty good start, I should say, for someone who was pretty much labeled as unfitting for fighting. Such irony. But then again, there are many ways to fight, like Aizen himself has proven in the past.

Orihime wasn't really labeled unfit for fighting so much as Urahara wanted to keep her out of the action because he knew how special her skills were, and that they would attract the attention of Aizen as they did. I would assume if her skills are that desirable, that with some training she could become a fairly decent fighter.

Kraco
Thu, 10-04-2007, 10:49 AM
Not really. Even though I wrote that, I still doubt Orihime would have what it takes to try to manipulate knowingly the arrancars to kill each others, even though she might have real chances to do it (since an Espada member might be able to rise in ranks by defeating those above himself, it would be quite a temptation to try if the attacker knew he could get any wounds fixed instantly and perfectly after a succesful attack). Her greatest weakness in fights is what we saw right from the beginning: She hesitates to attack and wound her opponents. Not all people have the cold will to harm others, ever.

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-04-2007, 01:38 PM
i can't tell what Inoue is thinking... She goes 'I wonder if I'll make the fighting worse by healing the evil guys when they get hurt?' but then goes on to say something about how if she can keep the Arrancar occupied until the winter...? Is she scheming something, or just being a stupid, weak woman?

damn, I liked Luppi too... (although he was a bit annoying in this episode.)

I guess we found out that Grimmjow is left handed!

The explanation of Inoue's ability made me lol. Aizen was like "basically, it's a deus ex machina to realize whatever the hell we want done from a defense / rehabilitation angle". So then, if Inoue simply believes that, say, her shield can stop a point blank Cero from an Espada, she can do it? That is, maybe her 'weakness' so far is her inability to reject reality, which should be decreased by hearing Aizen's explanation that basically she can freaking change it to whatever she wants...

I was surprisingly content with Tatsuki, Keigo and the other kid's role in this episode. Urahara made me chuckle a few times too. The scene were the three were travelling to Hueco Mundo felt lackluster to me. I did like the part where Ishida blurts out to Urahara that he'll go to save Inoue on his own; developing that love connection after all.

Inazuma
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:43 PM
The explanation of Inoue's ability made me lol. Aizen was like "basically, it's a deus ex machina to realize whatever the hell we want done from a defense / rehabilitation angle". So then, if Inoue simply believes that, say, her shield can stop a point blank Cero from an Espada, she can do it? That is, maybe her 'weakness' so far is her inability to reject reality, which should be decreased by hearing Aizen's explanation that basically she can freaking change it to whatever she wants...

Aizen : Inoue is a big breasted undo button.

I think I got it right.

Kraco
Thu, 10-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Well, you could say modern composite armor is capable of stopping anything from handguns to HEAT to nukes. You just need enough of it. I think in a similar manner Inoue could then theoretically stop any attack but it's a totally different matter if her reiatsu level and willpower will allow that. So, it's only theoretical, not practical.

saman
Thu, 10-04-2007, 03:41 PM
i find it really odd that ichigo's dad is a shinigami, apparently used to be one before too, and has a captain's cloak and everything, but when ichigo first went to the soul society, no one recognized his last name.

animus
Thu, 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Because people can't have the same surname and possibly not be in the same family amiright?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
If you check ep 41 in the SS arc, the bit where Ukitake and Byakya are talking about Ichigo infront of them, I'm sure that's a reference to Ichigo's dad.

saman
Thu, 10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Because people can't have the same surname and possibly not be in the same family amiright?

well, sure, in real life. but in anime? and even in real life, there's some recognition. like, "hey, are you related to ol' whatshisface?"

AngryGumball
Thu, 10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
hey so...

Can someone take the time to explain to me why all the Arrancar, have like a Spanish theme. The names. I have no idea if Huenco Menco is a spanish phrase not sure i spelled it right just recalling from memory.
Its just the music that plays seems to be of Spanish origin, the released forms lean that way as well.

Still watching Episode now. Pretty Urahara let the 3 friends in to follow see them off, its like a further acknowledgement that the 3 friends could develop powers on their own if trained and having their spirit sense grown.

Oh YEAH! why does Chad and Ishida not pop a spirit pill to release out of their human forms as well!

Fatness Aizen just asked Orihime to heal Grimmjow! Heh not sure if she can do it just saw him ask and paused the episode! Fatness! hotness! Go Go Powerup Grimmjow!

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Dude why are you having a conversation with yourself?

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-04-2007, 11:06 PM
hey so...

Can someone take the time to explain to me why all the Arrancar, have like a Spanish theme. The names. I have no idea if Huenco Menco is a spanish phrase not sure i spelled it right just recalling from memory.

Urahara let the 3 friends in to follow see them off, its like a further acknowledgement that the 3 friends could develop powers on their own if trained and having their spirit sense grown.

The "All Hollows are Mexicans" thing: I don't think there's any explanation offered for this... Kubo seemed to just think it was a clever theme to have a bunch of Spanish words and music inserted into his story... Also, Hueco Mundo means "Hollow World".

I highly doubt the Tatsuki, Keigo, or that other guy are going to develop much power. And if they do, it will take a major backseat to the 'supporting main characters' we already have. This is clearly a story centered on Ichigo, and even Chad and Ishida haven't gotten half the screen time he has. As much as I like Tatsuki, I think she just remains a minor background figure...

zlonewolfz
Thu, 10-04-2007, 11:15 PM
hey so...

Its just the music that plays seems to be of Spanish origin, the released forms lean that way as well.

Still watching Episode now. Pretty Urahara let the 3 friends in to follow see them off, its like a further acknowledgement that the 3 friends could develop powers on their own if trained and having their spirit sense grown.

Oh YEAH! why does Chad and Ishida not pop a spirit pill to release out of their human forms as well!

Fatness Aizen just asked Orihime to heal Grimmjow! Heh not sure if she can do it just saw him ask and paused the episode! Fatness! hotness! Go Go Powerup Grimmjow!
Ichigo now has three forms: human, shinigami, and vizard. Ishida is just ishida and chad is just chad. Their human forms has spiritual energy but Ichigo doesnt. He's just a normal human being in his normal form.

Kraco
Fri, 10-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Almost normal. He can sense reiatsu even in his normal human body. That alone is already above normality.

Yukimura
Fri, 10-05-2007, 10:45 AM
If you check ep 41 in the SS arc, the bit where Ukitake and Byakya are talking about Ichigo infront of them, I'm sure that's a reference to Ichigo's dad.

Wasn't the consensus that that comment was about Kaien? Byakuya commented on the resemblance to 'that person' being striking or some such. Ichigo looks a lot more like Kaien than he does like his dad and Ichigo's family name was not mentioned in front of Ukitake until later if I remember correctly.

As for Orihime, Aizen said she can reject events, which limits her power to the past. She could probably negate all of existence but I don't think she can't create directly new events that never happened. And all this stuff is rolled into her second shield which only rejects what's inside it. I wonder now if her first shield, which rejects what's outside of it, has some deeper powers as well. Maybe with some training she'll be able to make it so that anything that hits the first shield simply ceases to exist.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-05-2007, 01:56 PM
If Orihime's only power is reversing time on things, how does her attack fairy work?

Is it like, "I reverse time to a point before you existed, but only in a tiny little spot"?

I think when Aizen was describing her power he was only talking about the one healing ability. Not the other two.

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Ulqiorra described it as 'turning back time' and the big fat Vaizard healer described his ability along the same lines. Aizen however, points out that it's more like she's rejecting all of reality, whether it be events in the past (wounds) or in the present (attacks).

actually, i'm pretty sure he also was talking at least about her shield ability. They flashed a flashback of her blocking Yammy's punch with her shield while Aizen was talking. And, if you think about it, it makes sense that at least the shield and the healing abilities are "rejections of reality". Essentially, with the shield, she's jumping in front of a massive attacking power and saying "No! You will not cause any harm with this!". Normally, someone stupid enough to do this would be insta-crushed...

That's why I wondered that, now she knows how her ability works, if she will gain more confidence in herself, allowing her shield to 'reject' stronger attacks. Hell, maybe even that little attack guy will get stronger if she really screws up the courage to 'reject the other person's existence'.

My real question is:
Why the fuck did this ability manifest as hair barrettes that turn into talking fairies? And what's with the magic words too?

It would have been much cooler if Inoue just jumped out there, put her hands out, and out of nowhere people's attacks would stop. If she put her hands on someone, and they started getting healed. People would be like "What the living fuck is going on?" instead of, "Oh, yeah, lame fairies, of course!"

animus
Fri, 10-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Or she could like encase some sucker in it, and turn back to the time when he was a zygote and curb stomp him or something.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-05-2007, 06:22 PM
My real question is:
Why the fuck did this ability manifest as hair barrettes that turn into talking fairies? And what's with the magic words too?

Because this is the world of Japanese animation, and since it was going to be a woman's power it couldn't be cooler than a guy's.

Besides, didn't her brother gift her these hair pins? Then technically, it isn't her power but something her brother gave her.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 10-06-2007, 04:24 AM
I doubt the pins are actually the source of her power. Its probably just the way she manifests her power. Like a Zanpaktou, only instead of creating a sword from nothing, she just imbued that power into something she already had that was important to her.

I wonder if Inoue is so powerful that she actually has the equivalent of 6 Zanpaktous...

Inazuma
Sat, 10-06-2007, 06:28 AM
No it's more like every pin is 1/6 of a Zanpaktoo, an energy based, support/defensive type zanpaktoo.

It remembers me in some ways FMP's Lambda driver. Inoue's ability don't obey any rules but the will of the user.
It creates walls out of nothing
It heals
It punch holes into enemies

Ciberclaw
Sat, 10-06-2007, 05:38 PM
If Orihime's only power is reversing time on things, how does her attack fairy work?

Is it like, "I reverse time to a point before you existed, but only in a tiny little spot"?

I think when Aizen was describing her power he was only talking about the one healing ability. Not the other two.

You could say she's rejecting the molecular bonds on the adversary body, therefore causing a "slash-like" split on the path the "energy bullet" travels. No Molecular bonds = no structure integrity.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-07-2007, 02:09 AM
I COULD say that. But I don't wanna be called a homo.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
A while back in the bleach manga I posted my own theory as to why Hollows were spanish. Most people didn't really like it (not that was being serious) but since the topic seems to come up again and again here it is.

Basically Hueco Mundo is like giant desert right? I like to think of it as Mexico. Basically Aizen went over there whip the sad sack of hollows into shape. How does he do this? Of course by forcing hollows to give up their distinctive cultural tradition of their masks by tearing them off so thus they can attain powers similar to that of the dominate white bread shinigami's.

So you can kind of see Aizen's rebellion as an extension of the lower underprivileged classes rising up to overrule the corrupt capitalists of soul society and eventually the spirit king dude.

This is supported by the fact that all of the arrancar names have been in spanish, all of their attacks are in spanish, and all of their weapon releases are in spanish as well. Hell even chad the sole human hispanic admits that his powers are more along the lines of hollow (which explains why he sucks so much) so of course maybe he's become more powerful if he bleached his skin white or something.

Is this theory accurate, no. Is it racist, heck ya but maybe you guys will find it amusing. Since god knows why Kubo decided to make such distinctive choices. Hell no one can tell me why the series is even called Bleach in the first place.

animus
Wed, 10-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Your comparison would be funny if you didn't forget that they're Japanese, and not white. If you wanna compare Races, mexicans would be closer to the Caucasoid race than the Japanese are.

http://forums.animesuki.com/archive/index.php/t-27211.html

I typed one phrase into google, and found that site.

Mako1
Wed, 10-10-2007, 05:44 PM
A while back in the bleach manga I posted my own theory as to why Hollows were spanish. Most people didn't really like it (not that was being serious) but since the topic seems to come up again and again here it is.

Basically Hueco Mundo is like giant desert right? I like to think of it as Mexico. Basically Aizen went over there whip the sad sack of hollows into shape. How does he do this? Of course by forcing hollows to give up their distinctive cultural tradition of their masks by tearing them off so thus they can attain powers similar to that of the dominate white bread shinigami's.

So you can kind of see Aizen's rebellion as an extension of the lower underprivileged classes rising up to overrule the corrupt capitalists of soul society and eventually the spirit king dude.

This is supported by the fact that all of the arrancar names have been in spanish, all of their attacks are in spanish, and all of their weapon releases are in spanish as well. Hell even chad the sole human hispanic admits that his powers are more along the lines of hollow (which explains why he sucks so much) so of course maybe he's become more powerful if he bleached his skin white or something.

Is this theory accurate, no. Is it racist, heck ya but maybe you guys will find it amusing. Since god knows why Kubo decided to make such distinctive choices. Hell no one can tell me why the series is even called Bleach in the first place.

Bleach turns things white. According to your own theory, the hollows (mexicans) are being raped of their "culture" and being forced to assimilate to Aizen's (whiteman) standards.

This theory was so interesting I had to make an account just to comment on it. I'd been lurking the gotwoot forums for probably 4 or more years until now. :)

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-11-2007, 12:19 AM
I thought that theory was more Socialist in its theme than racist.

Interesting though.

Kraco
Thu, 10-11-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't think such a theory has much grounds. I can't help from thinking the whole thing from the George Lucas perspective: It's there to give easy consistency and familiarity. Of course it also grants easy distinction by creating a clear difference between the Hollow world, the real world, and the SS. It gives easy consistency because all Kubo has to do is to simply label all Hollow related with Spanish names.

It's a pretty simple nobrainer as Kubo doesn't need to think of cool Japanese names that would remain consistent with other Hollow related stuff. Now everything Spanish will be associated with Hollows in the viewers' minds. And Spanish being also such a prominent language, it might have a slightly familiar ring even in the Japanese ears, creating extra believability and exotic coolness.

Personally I don't think there's anything more complicated behind it. I could be wrong, of course, though.

ForteCross
Sun, 10-21-2007, 11:02 AM
for the people that doesnt speak spanish, we got two new names in spanish this time.
from the translation of db
urahara: this is the hole that the arrancar use to travel is referred to as garganta
'garganta': throat

and this one is easier...
aizen: welcome to our castle , Las Noches
'las noches': the nights

redcat
Sun, 10-21-2007, 03:56 PM
thx for clearing that up. i thot aizen was actually calling inoue las noches. i assumed it meant prisoner or something.