PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 372

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Chinese Scanlation
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4fe1ha

toonice714
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:56 PM
NEED A TRANS RIGHT NOW!!!! it looks like Oro Jiriya and Tsunade found konan and pain.

dsh1202
Fri, 09-28-2007, 02:02 PM
it looks like a flashback..it looks like it explains how/when konan and pein become "evil" I i cant wait to see the English translation!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Narutobuzz trans out.
payne's names still not revelaed, but Nagato has some strange eyes, I think it's the same as Kurenai's..

however, I could be wrong and Payne might be Nagato after all, since the cover page has payne with Nagato's eyes.. but i still think the other boy is payne, due to him appearing first, and since he's name has yet to be revealed...
but maybe there's an eye jutsu swap involved, like with Kakashi and Obito, not enough information to tell yet.

Idealistic
Fri, 09-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Narutobuzz trans out.
payne's names still not revelaed, but Nagato has some strange eyes, I think it's the same as Kurenai's..

however, I could be wrong and Payne might be Nagato after all, since the cover page has payne with Nagato's eyes.. but i still think the other boy is payne, due to him appearing first, and since he's name has yet to be revealed...
but maybe there's an eye jutsu swap involved, like with Kakashi and Obito, not enough information to tell yet.

link please?

Assertn
Fri, 09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
translation (http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=550788#post550788)

What? You're actually doubting that Nagato is Pain? You think those are the same as Kurenai's eyes?

SIGH......

Anyway....looks like they weren't the students shown in the flashbacks afterall.
I wasn't sure about Konan, since they didn't show her forehead protector, but i knew it wouldn't have made sense for Pain to have originated from Konoha.

Idealistic
Fri, 09-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Nagato looks like he killed that guy with his eyes.

From the looks of it, Yahiko is Pain, not Nagato.

But what I'm really curious to know about is how did Pain get those eyes.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-28-2007, 07:21 PM
http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=26995&name=Naruto%20372%20%5BNinjaBuzz%5D.zip.torrent

torrent link.

Yes. I think that Nagato isn't Payne, at least not immediate (it was said that Payne can be a group of people, wasn't it?)

Nagato's hair seems to be black, while all of Payne's forms have bright hair. the unnamed kid has the same face as Payne's first form (power level: 250,000), and when Jiraya says "it's him, isn't it", theres the face of the unnamed boy, not Nagato.

and yes, Nagato eyes remind more of Kurenai than the eyes of Payne, I also doubt it that Payne has a bloodline eye (other than Sharingan and tiny bits of Byakougan, have we ever seen an eye doujutsu? or even major use of bloodlines? Kishi has gone nuts with his sharinan obsession, so he'll never introduce us with anything new and cool).

Edit: unforgivable spelling erorr... I'm slightly drunk. only slightly.

dsh1202
Fri, 09-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Wow this chapter cleared up some major questions...
And kishi might introduce a new eye bloodline limit... thats what it sounds like from this chapter..at the end..when Jirayia sees that kid's eyes. It doesn't look anything like a byakougan but it has a very small resemblance of a sharigan. and even then it doesn't really look like any bloodline limit we know of at the moment.. so its very possible that its new.

Assertn
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm thinking more like.....Nagato is Pain, and Yahiko's body was taken by Pain....as one of his 6 bodies.

We already know he can switch bodies.....so that would be more plausible than another case of kids stealing eyes from kids. (which too many people here seem to be fixated on).

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Yup, looks like Nagato is Pein.

KCMmmmm
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:29 PM
This chapter was disappointing. With how the manga's story has been pushing forward, the cliff-hanger at the end of this one sucked. Very anti-climactic.

Well, whatever the deal is with his eye, it looks like Jiraiya recognized it, even if he wasn't expecting it. My guess is that it's a new bloodline limit; it's probably the one which allows "Pein" to control the rain.

Idealistic
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm thinking more like.....Nagato is Pain, and Yahiko's body was taken by Pain....as one of his 6 bodies.

We already know he can switch bodies.....so that would be more plausible than another case of kids stealing eyes from kids. (which too many people here seem to be fixated on).

Ohhhh... Nice one. Haven't thought about that. But yeah, it seems perhaps Yahiko died and Nagato and Konan are trying to complete his dream and such.

Those eyes have something to do with Pain changing bodies.

All this body changing stuff, I bet somewhere along it ties into Orochimaru.

narutosharingan
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok, so Konan said that "we act to make his plans reality". Who is "he"? Madara? Oro? Pein?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:50 PM
But then how come Orochimaru didn't recognise the leader of Akatsuki? Being from Konoho and part of the Sanin, surely he must have got some inklining of Madara and Pein being invovled somewhere if Jiraiya has figured this much out?

February
Fri, 09-28-2007, 10:48 PM
But then how come Orochimaru didn't recognise the leader of Akatsuki? Being from Konoho and part of the Sanin, surely he must have got some inklining of Madara and Pein being invovled somewhere if Jiraiya has figured this much out?

Maybe Oro did find out, and maybe thats why he felt the strong need to leave Akatsuki (other than the reason he couldnt take over Itachi) because he didn't want to be bossed around by a kid (a kid to him)

Anyhow, what Oro said "lets kill them, pathetic existences" is so fitting and lovely to his character. Personally, if I was Jiraiya's situation, I wouldnt teach anything to those 3 kids, because that blond kid (probably pein) wants power to revenge (eye for an eye) and thats a bad reason to get stronger

And Nagato's eye seems to have transferred to the blond kid..or at least thats what I think

itadakimasu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 11:19 PM
first bombshell of the chapter...

Jiraiya speaking to konan : ''What happened to the other two? Rumors of them being dead are false, I take it.''

chapter 459:
?????????: "naruto.......*rasssssp*........*sigh*........ i am your faaaather.

Edit: OK, finished.

This was a good chapter, i liked to see the backstory given and want to find out the story behind the whole concentric circle eye.

Honoko
Fri, 09-28-2007, 11:46 PM
So are we assuming that Nagato/Pain(?) already used his eye-jutsu on Yahiko? Or that he'll be doing that to Yahiko in the future? I'm not understanding how this logic was born. There's no evidence of body transfer/takeover in this chapter yet. Yahiko (blonde guy, right?) is clearly still alive although a bit traumatized.

Apparently I'm not reading this too deeply. All I can assume from what I see so far is Yahiko used his eye-jutus/bloodline limit to kill a chuunin... are you guys predicting that Pain will (accidentally?) kill Yahiko and that's the body silhouette we've been seeing this whole time?

::confused

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Well if Konan, who Pein thought would be able to kill Jiraiya was neutralised by a single jutsu, perhaps Jiraiya will be able to fend Pein off as well?

@Honoko: The theory is that Nagato is Pein, but he has used his eye jutsu to switch bodies with Yahiko. This logic is born out of the fact that the Nagato, the original eye jutsu user, has dark hair whilst current day Pein (the 'normal' one) has light hair, like Yahiko.

Assertn
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:12 AM
strange....I didn't even consider the fact that oro had suggested killing them only to later end up joining an organization led by them.

If Jiraiya was able to recognize Konan so easily, I'm sure Oro did as well.

Idealistic
Sat, 09-29-2007, 02:31 AM
strange....I didn't even consider the fact that oro had suggested killing them only to later end up joining an organization led by them.

Well... Jiraiya trained and spent time with them.... Oro didn't.

We don't know how long Oro was in Akatsuki. Pain probably never showed himself until later after Oro left. Or maybe there's more to the story. Maybe Pain kicked him out? Or maybe Oro recognized him and decided to leave himself.

Genma
Sat, 09-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Was I the only one who noticed the resemblance between Jugo (of Hebi) and Yahiko (the light haired kid in the flashback)? I mean, it's entirely possible that Orochimaru stole him to use as the specimen for his cursed seals... even though he still looks pretty young.

And then maybe... just maybe... Pein was already in a stolen body, most likely the fourth's (putting his sealing technique with the nine-tailed fox aside), hence why he no longer had black hair? Then, when Deidara died, maybe he took over that body instead?

*shrug* Decent chapter I suppose.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Was I the only one who noticed the resemblance between Jugo (of Hebi) and Yahiko (the light haired kid in the flashback)? I mean, it's entirely possible that Orochimaru stole him to use as the specimen for his cursed seals... even though he still looks pretty young.

I noticed the similarity, and I highly doubt this is the case. All little kids look alike. Plus, this wouldn't be the first time we saw a resemblance between two characters who turned out not to be related.

And then maybe... just maybe... Pein was already in a stolen body, most likely the fourth's (putting his sealing technique with the nine-tailed fox aside), hence why he no longer had black hair? Then, when Deidara died, maybe he took over that body instead?

This is very improbable. The Yahiko kid looks enough like the original Pein body to be the one, so the idea of the Fourth being Pein is now no longer legit. Also, now that they've actually showed the full face and hairline of Pein's "Deidara-body", it no longer looks very similar to me. Pein may have multiple bodies, but why do they have to be ones we've seen before? They just introduced three characters never even hinted at before; it's more likely that they will do the same with all of these bodies.

Genma
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/Rallard88/toosimilark.jpg

I can see where you're coming from with the similarities of characters in Naruto, but these two just seem too similar to not be related.

As for the other stuff... yeah, it's speculation. We'll see what happens in the coming chapters.

chet_chetty
Sat, 09-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Aside from the probable deduction that Pain (as Akatsuki Leader) is Yahiko's body with Nagato's eyes, I'm liking how we are all pretty confused at the moment.

I'm enjoying, in my speculation, that this is a new conflict that will we resolved sooner than later [at the least much sooner than the majority of sideplots that took forever to unravel]. Here's hoping for instant gratification.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-29-2007, 07:04 PM
here's an idea...
Payne is actually a parasite that infested the chunin who attacked them free, and when the chunin saw Nagato's eyes he transfered into him, later on, he goes into Yahiko and steals negato's eyes.
Konan finds out about it, but doesn't have the heart to kill Yahiko/Payne, so instead, she builds him the tubes that allow him to re-transfer between few bodies over and over again, so he can stay with her and Yahiko's body doesn't get destroyed...

yep, Gotwoot reading the same manga is totally cool...

joker-kun
Sat, 09-29-2007, 10:10 PM

Exacly what I was thinking. He probably took that (Yahiko) kid's body. Or the other way around, but I think it's probably Nagato.

poopdeville
Sat, 09-29-2007, 10:58 PM

Assuming he ever met Pein and Konan as Akatsuki members. It seems Akatsuki met infrequently, and only through their astral projections.

Idealistic
Sun, 09-30-2007, 03:00 AM
Yahiko must have died and Pain(Nagato) is using his body. The cover of the chapter looks like he's in Deidara's body at the moment.

I think Pain has bodies of his buddies who died, and then Pain goes and kills the people who killed his friends/members for vengeance... He's following Yahiko's dreams of making everyone feel the same pain.

So it's sort of like some spiritual thing where Pain being inside someone else's body is like "BITCH THIS IS WHAT so and so WENT THROUGH! NOW FEEL THE SAME!"

This is his so called judgement.

dsh1202
Sun, 09-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Yahiko must have died and Pain(Nagato) is using his body. The cover of the chapter looks like he's in Deidara's body at the moment.

I think Pain has bodies of his buddies who died, and then Pain goes and kills the people who killed his friends/members for vengeance... He's following Yahiko's dreams of making everyone feel the same pain.

So it's sort of like some spiritual thing where Pain being inside someone else's body is like "BITCH THIS IS WHAT so and so WENT THROUGH! NOW FEEL THE SAME!"

This is his so called judgement.

That does make sense, and i could see that happening..maybe it was the whole reason he formed the akatsuki.. to make other feels the pain that he and his friends and family went through...

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-30-2007, 09:24 AM
So, the logic is you make others feel the pain, and some new kid has his parents killed and thinks "wait till I grow up and maim/torture/kill Pein's ass"?

chet_chetty
Sun, 09-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Yahiko hated the rain and saw it as symptom of the Rain Village's weakness. You would think his intention is to end the rain. But we see Pain and he doesnt end the rain, but he manipulates and has complete control over it. He lets the rain perpetuate but on his and only his whim. He uses it to take on his God persona and control the minds and loyalty of the part of the Rain that is loyal to him.

I've noticed in this manga, the villain's goals are perversions of an originally good intentioned one and this seems to be the same case. The difference being usually a villain was once good, something happens, the villain takes on a slanted view of his situation and the world (the actual event of becoming a villain), then goes on acting out this messed up view without looking back.

I feel like this is the same thing with the added factor that the originally good person is Yahiko and the one who perverted Yahiko's goal and has a slanted view on the world is Nagato.

On a related note, I think the reason why Konnan doesnt affirm to Jiraiya both of them (or at least one) are dead on page 7 is because they are both alive in Pein's body.

Idealistic
Sun, 09-30-2007, 11:47 AM
So, the logic is you make others feel the pain, and some new kid has his parents killed and thinks "wait till I grow up and maim/torture/kill Pein's ass"?

Doubt it, as Pain is the only who probably thinks this way, which is why he is the villain.

You don't see Naruto or Sasuke wanting to cast judgement on the rest of the world.

Assertn
Tue, 10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Assuming he ever met Pein and Konan as Akatsuki members. It seems Akatsuki met infrequently, and only through their astral projections.

You don't think the members know even each other's names? Kisame knew about the "zombie pair" Kakazu and Hidan, and Deidara knew all about Orochimaru, even though oro left the organization before he even joined. I don't think all those members would follow the orders of a leader whom they haven't even seen. Not to say that they know everything about Pein....I'm sure none of them knew he can switch bodies or anything... But Konan doesn't even try to hide her name nor identity...

as for Juugo / Yahiko....
How old is Juugo anyway? He might be a little too young to be Yahiko.
Also...there's no reason for him to have changed his name.

KCMmmmm
Tue, 10-02-2007, 04:26 PM
You don't think the members know even each other's names? Kisame knew about the "zombie pair" Kakazu and Hidan, and Deidara knew all about Orochimaru, even though oro left the organization before he even joined. I don't think all those members would follow the orders of a leader whom they haven't even seen. Not to say that they know everything about Pein....I'm sure none of them knew he can switch bodies or anything... But Konan doesn't even try to hide her name nor identity...

Quite right. On the other hand, nobody seemed to know that the goofball Tobi was really an Uchiha, and is apparently leading the Akatsuki.

I definitely agree that Juugo and Yahiko look amazingly similar, but I don't see any connection between the two. Juugo is definitely young now, and Jiraiya must have been 30 years younger when he first met Yahiko. Oh well.

Why are these chapters being released so late these days? Does anybody know?

animus
Tue, 10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
The scanlation, the raw themselves of the chapters in Japan? If it's for scanlation or raws they probably go hand in hand, as a couple of the raw scanlators got arrested awhile back I believe.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 10-03-2007, 11:43 AM

Might be some sort of clone, I mean is it that far off base? Yamato is a clone of the 1st. Could be that Oro saw the potential in him and then cloned him.

February
Wed, 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Might be some sort of clone, I mean is it that far off base? Yamato is a clone of the 1st. Could be that Oro saw the potential in him and then cloned him.

If Oro cloned him, we would be able to see at least hints of connection between Yamato and Oro because Oro wouldnt clone him if it wasn't for his benefit (making a strong supporter for himself) And I dont know if you can clone a dead body because 1st hokage was dead by the time Oro grew up

A clone should still retain the abilities and bloodline power of the original, because it is pointless to clone a specific person then. And I really can't see any cursed seal genetics within the boy, implying that it is unlikely for them to be clones

people always try to make connections with some random person in this forum...i mean the appeareance is similiar but even so...

Yukimura
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Do you mean between Yahiko (who we've never seen use any skills) instead of Yamato?

If you do mean Yamato then maybe you should reread the chapters where Oro frst encounters Yamato and remarks on how he thought all the subjects of "that experiment " had died. Oro cloned (or spliced) the genetics of the 1st into people somehow but apparently the process or results weren't to his liking so he trashed the project. Yamato survived, grew up and demonstrated similar abilities to the 1st.